FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread 8/6/12: Let's Bring It! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/8003-7-day-motivational-thread-8-6-12-lets-bring.html)

ToriD1012 08-06-2012 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 86911)
I'm in. I'm waiting on Tori to get off her rump to set some goals for us. I hope she chimes in soon before I head into a downward spiral. I'm assuming she'll require us to be in at least the 95.267% club but I don't want to speculate.

I'll post the goals when I get home. No Internet access on the work computer. It's like they think we'd visit non work related sites or something! :confused:

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 86911)
Today I weighed in at 185.4#:mad:. My GF is to blame for that gain and Tori will be to blame if it gets worse, as I wait for her to post up our goals. I'm sure with all the blaming I have going on, it's touched a soft spot in her heart (if she has one). Just knowing that I've learned so well from her should bring a tear to her eye.

It's official, you're a graduate of Tori's School of Blaming Others. It's a prestigious group to be a member of. *sniff sniff* It's moments like these that make my work worth while

bojibridge 08-06-2012 04:13 AM

Hey guys!

I'm so off the wagon... where is this wagon of which you speak? I haven't seen any wagons around here in forever!

Anyway... I weighed in at 164.6 lbs this morning - an unfortunate 10 lbs up from my lowest, which I logged back at the beginning of July before my trip to Europe. As I stated a couple weeks ago, I've really been struggling with personal stuff and emotional issues lately, and I've been eating like... well, I was going to say, "like you wouldn't believe," but I know you guys know what it's like. Anyway, I'm not sure what the solution is. I know part of the problem is that I haven't been to the gym in a while. And that brings me to my goals:

1.) Go to the gym today (Monday)
2.) Drink the dang water
3.) Step away from the alcohol

Uh, so, yeah, that's going to be all. I don't have a problem (like, you know, a problem) with alcohol, but it's extra calories that just don't need to be there.

Mern - I too was watching the landing (of course, it's right up my alley), and one of my friends was live-blogging from the control center, so I had a vested interest! It was thrilling, wasn't it? An amazing feat of engineering, no dress rehearsals for that stuff!

cjohnson728 08-06-2012 04:50 AM

Hope and Quinn...I have to give you ladies major props. I don't know how you are doing it. I am emotional this week over the fact that three years from now I will shopping for dorm fridges and getting ready to send my child off into the blue! I hope I can handle it as gracefully as you two seem to be. Last week I ran into my son's second grade teacher in the grocery store and started tearing up at the memories :(.

Mike, put on your big boy britches and take responsibility for your actions. Here, for your convenience: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...y-you-fat.html.

Joanna, glad to see you again! I hope you had a wonderful trip and that things are getting resolved with respect to your other issues.

Mern, how was your trip? Did you get to do the picnic you planned? It's good to have you back ;).

April, your ink looks really cool! The numbers are at the bottom of the body, right? And as long as your artist wasn't the one getting blitzed, no harm, no foul, right? I'm sure your DH was wishing all the next day he had listened!

Everybody's goals look really good. I think we can make this a great week :D!

jjrudd 08-06-2012 05:10 AM

Since we are all being honest here...went to Ribfest for lunch today. It's a big deal where I live. Such a nice day and I did walk around the park. Got a pulled pork sandwich. OMG the thing is HUGE:O. To add insult to it I walked past a booth with buttertarts--which are my weakness. It was so gooey good!! There is no amount of working out that would counteract all of those calories:(

cjohnson728 08-06-2012 05:16 AM

jjrudd, I was just thinking earlier about how good your last goal was. I would say now, take that advice and move forward. Just be good the rest of today and the next few days and put it behind you. One day won't sink you.

edinburghgirl 08-06-2012 05:50 AM

I'm in!
Goals -
Stay at 1200 calories a day,
walk one way or both ways to work or appointments each day,
follow the 80/20 rule.
Clean eating.

non weight loss goals-
Exam Revision!

quinnesec 08-06-2012 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 86931)
Hope and Quinn...I have to give you ladies major props. I don't know how you are doing it. I am emotional this week over the fact that three years from now I will shopping for dorm fridges and getting ready to send my child off into the blue! I hope I can handle it as gracefully as you two seem to be.

Hmmm... how we're doing it. Well for me, from June at the conclusion of her junior year until now has been an emotional, financial and completely exhausting roller coaster of senior/college/scholarship responsibilities, deadlines and paperwork. The only way that I can explain it is that it's like being sucked into a meat grinder and being spit out the other end one year later! (Note that both Hope and I already have our vacations booked once they leave! lol)

By the time you are spit out the other end, (August, after the conclusion of their senior year) you're ready for them to go so that you can resume a normal life.

I remember a friend of mine saying to me at the end of my daughter's junior year, "You are about to enter into a dizzying, expensive, and exhausting year." No truer words could have been spoken, except that it was more like 15 straight months. If you need to rely on scholarships, like we did, it's a lot of work but it's worth it in the end.

Mern 08-06-2012 06:59 AM

edinburghgirl, welcome. :) I probably should know: what's the 80/20 rule?

jjrudd, Ribfest and a butter tart sound yummy. But now it's behind you and you can start fresh. :)

Joanna, just awesome that you had a friend blogging from mission control last night! 10 years planning this mission--so thrilling to see all their tears of joy last when the safe landing of Curiosity was confirmed. I'm not well educated in science, but I love being part of this history. Can't wait to see what new info comes out of this. :)

Mackanac Island was wonderful and we did get to do the picnic on the lawn in front of Ft. Mackinac and with a beautiful view of Lake Huron. We had fresh, delicious club sanwiches (roast beef, turkey, ham, lettuce and tomato) and potato salad from Doud's Market where the locals do their grocery shopping. Of course my Diet Coke cancelled out all the carbs and calories. :p Didn't get to eat dinner in Mackinaw City after our tour, though, because my girlfriend wasn't feeling well so we drove back to our motel 1 1/2 hours south of the island and she went to bed. I had a low carb protein shake and fudge for dinner.

I was really proud of myself on vacation. My back was in great shape for all the walking we did. I've come such a long way from my walking/standing stamina of only 5 minutes last year. At one stretch last Wednesday we were walking and window shopping downtown for 40 minutes and I did not need to sit down to rest.

Hope and Quinn, best wishes on getting your girls off to college. How exciting! Live-in GD and I went to her local college today to get her books--all but one that is on special order, but should be in some time next week.

wildbeanerz 08-06-2012 07:45 AM

I don't envy those of you sending your kids/grandkids off to college. My oldest will be a sophomore this year. I don't think I am going to have to do the college thing for him though. He is determined that he is joining the Navy. Even as far as beginning to make plans to do his boot camp / basic training in between junior and senior year. He is taking welding at the vo-tech for the next three years and would like to do aqua welding in the Navy.

Mern...your picnic sounds wonderful. Sorry some of your trip was cut short by your friend not feeling well though.

JJRudd ... it's just one day. I had half a funnel cake on 4th of July weekend. Didn't feel bad one bit and got right back to eating well the next day. I figure if I can't live life and have a treat sometimes then this really isn't worth it.

Cassie ... Yes the numbers are under the body. They did not come out as clear as expected but the whole thing is still puffy. I am hoping that once the puffiness goes down that they look better. If not we will cover them and putt hem somewhere else. Oh does that mean getting another tattoo? LOL

Mike ... If you whine any louder I think the wahhhhmbulance might come for you!

traceymc1985 08-06-2012 08:04 AM

Hi everyone- another new week and i really hope to go throught the whole week with a positive feeling.
I lost 1lb this morning at weigh in- i am aiming for more than that next week though. I know i should be pleased with the pound but my sister has lost 5lbs in past 2 weeks and she is a stone lighter. At my weight shouldnt i be able to lose more? I know i shouldnt make it a competition but she is seeming to eat everything like chocolate and takeaways plus alcohol but said today that she wasnt eating lunch which i guess is why shes losing so much weight- undereating, ive tried to tell her this isnt the good way to go but shes very stubborn and has an answer for everything- i still love her though. I know this is unhealthy to do and i dont intend to follow suit but its just me knowing that i could have done better but thats what this week is all about.