Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice?? >

7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice??

Community
Notices

7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice??

Old 07-30-2012, 06:44 AM
FitDay Member

Have an awesome trip Mern! But if you think we will be good while you are gone...you don't know us very well
Old 07-30-2012, 06:44 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, here's to another week - will continue to post my numbers, keep moving, do the 5k 3x a week or more, daily meditation (or just calling a temporary halt to the chaos in my mind), and mindful speaking.

Didn't know if anyone saw my last post last week (well, yesterday, actually), but I wanted to reiterate the pickle post:

Regarding the pickling recipes - I would be more than happy to share them with you all. Couple questions, tho - shall I post them in entirety on here, individually message the interested parties, or can I post the addresses where I get them from?

One of the simplest pickling recipes actually is inspired from my 90 y.o. neighbor. He would bring these to all the picnics: Slice the cukes as thinly as possible (peeling is optional). Place in a bowl, sprinkle lightly with a bit of salt, toss together with a bit of thinly sliced onion. Choose a good white wine vinegar and sprinkle the veggies lightly with a few tablespoons. Grind a bit of black pepper over all, toss again and refrigerate for a couple hours. I swear, I always asked him if he added sugar - the cukes added such a sweet taste to it!

Mern, I noticed you opened the low-carb recipe thread - shall I post the pickle recipes there (the sugar free ones)?

BarbaraJean, WELCOME! This is a great place for info, support and venting!

Cate, I've noticed the same issue - altho I am doing 'somewhat lower carbs' (instead of low-carb) (50-100), things just don't move like they used to. I am not eating beans and legumes like I once did, and in spite of massive salads and seemingly loads of veggies, the system is 'off-kilter'. I am trying to take in supplements and the fiber powder that can be stirred into tea or drinks - just not quite the same. I am drinking plenty of iced green tea (homemade, w/stevia), so don't think that's an issue. Will have to adjust the menu & numbers to allow some lentils!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone! I am so glad to be back after my "Series of Unfortunate Events" Weekend. It started Friday night with my car getting stolen by a crackhead. (Not even kidding) Continued with the baby screaming for 90% of our 400 mile trip to see my inlaws. And ended with a stomach virus for all! Good news? Any bad food I ate this weekend has been flushed out of my system, and since I haven't been able to keep anything down for 2 days, the scale is probably down. But weigh day isn't until the 1st so we shall see.

Goals for this week:

Stay within calorie limits
Exercise 3 days
Drink 4 bottles of water daily
Baby in bed by 9:30 and myself by 10:30

Also,
Get back on track with wedding planning
Keep up with the damn laundry!!!!

That's all I have this week. Good luck everybody!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Ducking in a minute between washer and dryer loads.

Cassie and April, thanks for the nice wishes for our little getaway. Y'all are so sweet.

April, I know how that goes: "while's the cat's away the mice will play." Maybe you'd better adopt a "don't ask, don't tell" policy ahead of my departure.

Judi, kudos on your goals to keep posting, meditating, keep moving--especially on the 5k. The sugar free pickles would be quite welcome on the low carb thread. Thanks!

Kayla, what a nightmare of a weekend for you! So sorry to read about your stolen car, baby screaming on your trip, and the virus! Did you get your car back? Kudos for posting goals for this week! Huge hug to ya!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

Goals
70 oz H2O/day
Cals 1500 or less.
No food after dinner (small piece of chocolate allowed).
Gym 2x this week.
Eat breakfast.
Brush my hair (ok - I need some easy green here).
And my teeth (more won’t hurt either!).
Feed the dog (now I am getting really desperate)!
Clean out 1 drawer/day – the clutter is getting out of hand!

Ok – I’ll be Naughty and post a few goals that I know I can get green EVERY DAY! Last week was rough and I get discouraged not seeing much green at all - though Mern pulled out her whip of friendly encouragement and straightened me out big time! – Thank you!

My scale is slowly creeping up a bit each week… time to pay attention! Again!

Judi - Thanks for the recipe! I didn't have pickling salt so I haven't make anything yet, but with your neighbors recipe I don't think I need it!

Mern - Be a little bit naughty on vacation - you've earned it!

Barbara - WELCOME!!!

Ama
5’6”
Goal + 2.4lbs

Last edited by amalthea1892; 07-30-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:46 AM
FitDay Member

Have fun, Mern! Don't eat too many pancakes!! LOL
Old 07-30-2012, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

Ama, you can do it. I'll bet you'll do really well this week. :}

Ama and Quinn, I'm thinkin' 'bout fudge covered pancakes.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, fudge covered pancakes? Awesome! I say yes!

Also, yes I did get my car back. And I'm being made fun of by everyone I know because I keep saying it feels like she was violated. They smoked, left a ton of ashes in the ash tray (first time its ever been used), left their cigarettes, their flavored cigars, and one of their shirts! Overall, though, she is fine. And after a good thorough cleaning will be good as new. Thanks for the hugs!!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:33 PM
FitDay Member

Here are my new goals – you can see today was a fail! That’s what happens when someone comes into the office and plops a box of donut holes on your desk! Thankfully I managed to only eat two. Other than driving up the calories (I was over anyway, but the donuts were the ‘icing’ on the cake!) net carbs and fibre are not too bad. Oh well, tomorrow’s another day. Also decided to post my fibre content which BTW does include the Metamucil.

Calories < 1200: 1560 not even close!!!
Protein =30%: 22%
Fat =60%: 60%
Carbs =10%: 18%
Net Carbs: 51.4
Fibre >15g: 20.4g
Water = 55+ oz
Weight: 164 EEK!

Mern, have an awesome 2-day vacay!

Kayla, Wow! What a story. Glad you’re feeling better and got your car back!

Barbara Jean WELCOME!

Tracey, I’m with Cassie – staying the same beats gaining any day of the week! Hang in there – from one who is constantly stalling, the system will work if you work the system. I also measure myself 1x week and at least the tape measure is kind to me even if the scale is not, and that keeps me motivated!

Cassie, the fluids is something I’m definitely struggling with. The amount above does not include my 3 cups of coffee/day – I’m even thinking I might have to ditch those at least for a while until I can sort things out, but I’ll see what happens in the next couple of days.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kayla.underhill
And I'm being made fun of by everyone I know because I keep saying it feels like she was violated. They smoked, left a ton of ashes in the ash tray (first time its ever been used), left their cigarettes, their flavored cigars, and one of their shirts! Overall, though, she is fine. And after a good thorough cleaning will be good as new.
That is the exact same thing my sister said when her car was stolen years and years ago. I know exactly what you mean. Sorry you have had such a rough few days!

Cate, I've read, actually, that warm liquids are helpful with your issue; just a thought. Also, when I took my vitamins tonight, I remembered that magnesium is also supposed to help, though I can't imagine it would have a greater effect than what you're already taking.

I've now entered the danger zone of snacking time. I had dinner; I don't know why I'm hungry! I think my bad habits have caught up with me and now my stomach thinks it's going to get food whenever it wants. It's eat to live, not live to eat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.