Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice?? >

7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice??

Community
Notices

7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice??

Old 07-30-2012, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday

Thanks Mike for making my goals. I need goals, just didn't have it in me to make them this week. Monday was NOT, and allow me to stress NOOOOOTTTTT, a good day to say the least. I had under 200 calories going into supper tonight. I finished under 1200 calories, so at least I didn't go stupid crazy. 2 BL sammiches with lite mayo (Duke's of course!), a bowl of veggie soup, and some crackers. I inhaled the crackers before I even knew what happened. Gonna soak in a hot tub and then head to bed.

H&F

1) No crying: just stress crying, nothing of importance
2) 4 days of no smoking (choose wisely): jajajajajajajajajajajajajaJA
3) Log everything: yes, even activities which I haven't been doing
4) 100oz of water a day: 41.8
5) 3000 calorie deficient: -1226 so far
6) Exercise for 150 minutes total: 0

OG
7) Do domething nice for a family member: yes
8) Do something nice for a stranger: not yet
9) Think before speaking: yes

Calling it a night, will try to catch up with everyone tomorrow. G'night
Old 07-30-2012, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

Although my calories were low, my pie chart was humiliating! Next weeks goals are going to have to include strict pie chart enforcement!! lol

Monday:

1. Calories under 1200.
980 (But my pie chart was totally embarrassing! )
2. Drink more! (Wine doesn't count, quinn...) Ok
3. Walk every day... NO LAME EXCUSES! Yes
4. At least one fruit or vegetable with each meal... total basics! Yes
5. No breads with breakfast or lunch; limited at supper. Yes
Old 07-30-2012, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

my calorie intake has been up and down like a rollercoaster, I have gained nearly a kilo in 5 days, time to get back on track I'm in!

goals

Keep on track with calories 1200-1350
keep those carbs down, no more than 33%
No alcohol this week, including the weekend, even if I go out
Exercise each day even if its only for 15 minutes, do something.
Plan ahead and be organised so I am not rushing to find something for dinner.

most of my calorie blow outs have come on a day when I had a drink or 3, aside from the calories in the alcohol itself, It seems that as soon as I have had a couple of glasses of wine that platter in front of me becomes totally irresistible. There seems to have been more social things coming up the last few day than expected. For this week at least if I can't go without I won't go.

Good luck everyone!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:24 PM
FitDay Member

Just a quick pop in to post the #'s, then off to bed (seemed to work nonstop today!).

Calories: 1,548 Fats: 84.9g Carbs: 74.9g Protein: 131.8g

Did the 5K this a.m., with a solid 6 jog/sprint portions - did cut my overall time to 54 minutes. Will likely be adding some additional distance soon. See you all tomorrow!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

Ok, here are today's numbers. Had to add in my carb goal, because I forgot all about it.

Stay within calorie limits: Yes, 587.
Exercise 3 days: No exercise today, unless you count scrubbing my house.
Drink 4 bottles of water daily: Only 2 today. But getting there!
Baby in bed by 9:30 and myself by 10:30: It is 9:28 and she is in bed!

Keep Carbs down: Yes. 34%
Also,
Get back on track with wedding planning
Keep up with the damn laundry!!!! I did 2 loads today, and finally put away all the ones I washed last week. Progress!

I hope everybody had a fabulous day!
Tracy: Maintaining is great! Much better than gaining! Its awesome, though, that you recognize what went wrong and are going to work on it this week, I know you'll see that scale drop!
Ama: Small goals are the best because they are guaranteed success! No shame!
Cassie, I have the same problem with after dinner snacking. I have just had to turn off all entertainment (TV, Computer, Cell phone) and go to bed when I have done everything I need to do. No matter how early it is. It keeps me from snacking, and almost always gets me a full 8 hours! Also, thank you for understanding about my car. Nobody else seemed to know what I was talking about. Forgive me for being a hippie for a minute, but there was just a terrible negative vibe in there. Thank goodness it is gone now.
Tori, I do not want to be a bubble burster, but does logging activities you didn't do really count?

Well, I am off to bed. Will check in again tomorrow! Goodnight all.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kayla.underhill
Cassie, I have the same problem with after dinner snacking. I have just had to...go to bed when I have done everything I need to do.
Kayla: Oh, golly, if I did that, I would hit the bed at 3 in the morning! I totally agree that's part of my problem. I am lucky enough to be self-employed and I also have the luxury of working at home sometimes. However, I hate to give up my family time, so I usually end up stopping when one or both get home for the day and getting back to it about 10 PM. It's not unusual for me to work till 1, and summer has thrown that off even more. Not only does that leave me with less sleep, it leaves me with hours and hours after dinner to be tempted by the snacks. I wish I knew what to change and how to change it. I'm hopeful that when school starts in a couple weeks I can get more done during the day while my son is gone and the hubby is at work.
And, yes, I understand about your car. When my sister got hers back, she burst into tears and cried, "I feel like my car's been raped!"
Since Tori is in the bed, I'll stick up for her and say that she just left out a comma (before "which").

Tori, hope you get rested up. Sorry today beat you up.

Mike, you got a report for us?

Hope, are you lurking? How are you? I hope you at least pop into chat, even if you don't feel up to any goals this week.

I hope everyone else had a good day!

Check in:
1. Calories below 1300. 1295
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules. Yes
3. 72 oz. fluid daily. 77
4. Log everything and post daily. Yes
5. Eat clean. VERY
6. 3 or more fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ). 4
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night. 7
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week. 30 min.

I cut it a little too close with the calories today, but being home, I made one of those fruit recipes from the link I posted last week, and it's hard not to taste what I make when it's fresh, so.... Anyway, I worked out the calories and the macros and I'll count it as a win, since they have been few and far between lately. I also wanted to get a jump on my exercise, but I've had a headache I can't shake, so I gave in after half an hour.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 07-30-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:02 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone I hope life finds you all well and on track, I need to get back on the bus so here are my sad stats gone for 4 months weight back up to 152 clothes feeling snugg mood feeling low . Thanks Mike and April for the emails I just felt like I was failing and in some weird way thought that I needed to fix it alone which of course never works.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:45 PM
FitDay Member

Keep on track with calories 1200-1350 yes! 1319
keep those carbs down, no more than 33% very close, 37% I'm happy with that today
No alcohol this week, including the weekend, even if I go out none today
Exercise each day even if its only for 15 minutes, do something. no
Plan ahead and be organised so I am not rushing to find something for dinner. not today, I was rushing to the supermarket on the way home from school.

I am feeling more in control today, and I am trying really hard to be enthusiastic about going back to the gym tomorrow. I am really swamped with assignments right now which heightens the temptation to reach for fast foods instead of cooking. I'm going to stock up on some easy to grab healthy options when I go shopping tomorrow.
Now to get to bed early so I don't blow my calorie stats!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:10 PM
FitDay Member

Darlene, welcome back! Well, the rest of us here found we can't do it alone, either. We know you can turn things around and are happy to be on this journey to better health with you.

Cate, thanks for the yummy low carb recipes in our Food Talk forum Low Carb Recipes thread. That's the best sounding low carb cheesecake crust I've ever seen. Would be good for a lot of no-bake low carb pies as well. Kudos on your net carbs and fiber being good yesterday.

Kayla, so glad you got your car back! Hard to understand why they felt they had the right to take it in the first place.

Nichaleh, kudos on feeling in better control yesterday.

Gotta get moving. Kudos to all who are doing well and big hugs of support to all who are struggling. Will catch y'all Friday.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I finally braved the scale this morning and after a two week, 4 city, uncontrolled birthday celebration, I'm up 5 lbs. in 2 weeks!! Holy cow! That means that in addition to the 2 lbs. that I had to take off, I'm up a grand total of 7 lbs.!! What the heck is wrong with me?? I think I'm mad enough now to get the job done. I always seem to hit that +5 to +7 when I'm being careless.

I've never been strict with watching macros... maybe it's time.

I have a brother-in-law (a doctor) that has an interesting perspective on his personal weight maintenance. He doesn't count calories; only fat grams. I have to say, he's in remarkable shape and could easily pass for ten years younger than he really is. I'll have to think about that. Knowing me, I'd find 1,000 loop-holes of food which contained no fat and eat copious amounts of it each day. lol

With daughter being out of town for 10 days, my veggie stand score has depleted! Hope she stocks me up tomorrow because I really need some good, healthy food!

Have a great day, all!

quinn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.