Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice?? >

7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice??

Community
Notices

7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice??

Old 08-03-2012, 04:00 PM
FitDay Member

Good Friday everyone! I hope everybody had an awesome day! I was up at 5 am babysitting my post op sister (which I feel like I may have mentioned yesterday). At any rate, I'm a terrible babysitter. We slept through her first dose of meds, and miscalculated the second one, and by the third my Mom had given up and taken over. Oops. :/ Either way, she at least ate healthy while she was in my care, so I have that going for me. It was a good day diet wise, but only an ok day for exercise. I did 15 minutes on my Mom's elliptical machine, but I think it should count as 30 because I felt like I usually do after a 40 minute run. I hate that thing. Anyway, here are my #'s for today. I'm pretty proud of them. I have been trying so hard to find a whole foods store in my area and it just isn't happening. No farmers market or anything. I am underwhelmed by the organic section of HEB and at a loss. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Stay within calorie limits: Yes, 794
Exercise 3 days: No, No, Yes, Yes, Yes
Drink 4 bottles of water daily: Drank none. All tea. Thoroughly disappointed in myself with this goal.
Baby in bed by 9:30 and myself by 10:30: I'm being crazy and staying up until 11 because its Friday.
Keep carbs down. Yes, only 33%.

Tracey, I know exactly what you mean, I cannot seem to keep my grocery bill down and still eat right. I have just had to pad my grocery bill and remind myself that it is worth a little sacrifice to keep my family healthy.

Judi, grilled pizza sounds absolutely fabulous. I think I will make some this weekend. Though my recipe is a little lazier than yours. I don't even make my own crust, much less cheese! You have earned my respect for life.

Oh Mike, I hate that this is happening to you. Just try to remember what goes around comes around. And that not only applies to his neglect and stupidity, but to your patience with the situation. Good things coming your way buddy!

OK everyone its officially the weekend! 2 more days, don't give up!!!
Old 08-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Too tired for anything more than posting goals:

1. Calories below 1300. 1295, 1247, 1311, 1213, 1369
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Fair
3. 72 oz. fluid daily. 77, 79, 84, 86, 74
4. Log everything and post daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Eat clean. VERY, Pretty good, Fair, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. 3 or more fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ). 4, 5, 4.5, 5, 3.5
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night. 7, I honestly cannot remember what time I went to bed last night! 7, 7, 5.5
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week. 30 min., 30 min., 60 min., 30 min., 30 min.

I was actually doing great today until a work issue blew up... at 4:30... on a Friday, aargh! So dinner timing was off, hence the granola bars. But I'm still calling cals a purple, since on average for the week I'm still under goal.

Not so lucky on the sleep, though .

Back in the AM with a couple life/house goals to tack on.

Carry on, weekend warriors!
Old 08-04-2012, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Default Weekend goals:

1. Write 2 reports.
2. Proof 2 postdoc reports.
3. Make banana bread/muffins.
4. Try a new recipe.
5. Prune/pinch annuals in pots on deck and front porch.
6. Get new family pics for family room and stairway printed.
7. Pay bills.
8. One session parallel parking with the boy.

If I get all this done, it will be a miracle, but I'm aiming high.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 08-04-2012, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Exhausted (fibro) have no read threads, have not given up, hope you don't either. Irony? DD's store mailed her checks. Just as DH was gonna drag, er take, her down there.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

Hang in there, Hope . Take care of yourself.

One less thing to worry about...glad she got the checks.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie- Banana Bread- yum yum- i absolutely love anything and everything banana flavoured. Havent come across banana ice cream here yet but if i did id only devour it. I stick to just frozen bananas blended- kinda works.

Im struggling this week and just want weigh in to come and go on Monday. Feeling like i want a huge binge but not doing it. Just keep snacking and putting things in my mouth that i know is bad for me. Drinking water now though to keep my mind of it.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

Sleep was interrupted (again) at 3 a.m. - was kinda hoping the carb overload would let me sleep through the night. Something (me?) wakes me almost every night at 2 or 3 a.m. - can't figure it out. In spite of the carbs yesterday, I didn't have any major cravings today, but did feel like I was suffering a mild hangover! Weird. The numbers on the scale weren't up very high (up less than a lb), so am hoping that it'll start moving down again next week.

Numbers for the day:
calories: 1,287 Fats: 62.1g Carbs: 74.2g Protein: 115.1g

Another busy day in the kitchen. Picked a huge load of basil, which was converted into a (!!) gallon of pesto, taking a solid 5 hours in the kitchen. *sigh* Yeah, I know - it isn't 'real' exercise...but I still sweated like crazy in this heat and humidity.

Cassie - My "boys" are 21 and 17. That night, it was Dh, the kids and one of their friends - no leftovers!

Mike -> My husband works at a long term drug/alcohol rehab, which is usually home to many in the 'system' - some that are even hiding from that same system! And to see the ingrates, er, patients complain when they are getting 3 squares, full dental and medical coverage (when we have none!), clothing, entertainment (including cable), and all that goes with their recovery...well, your earlier rant was an echo of what I often hear when he gets home from work... Just wanted to let you know we are in full commiseration...

Quinn - a cabin in the Smokie mtns sounds like pure-d heaven in my book!

Kayla- Hope your sis recovers quickly and thoroughly - it is tough on the caregiver as well as the patient, so don't beat yourself up. At least you have your mom to help, too.

One more day, then a new week!
Old 08-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Why oh why do I ever hit "Submit Reply" without first copy and pasting.

Here's the short version of my previous post.

Kayla, Thanks. I know it'll all work out. I may take this opportunity to do some upgrades to TPM (the bike). I play on doing the labor myself so that'll save me some $$. I may wait until I have all the parts, and my GF is working a double and pull TPM into the house so I can pull off and replace the body panels and exhaust. I guess that's the beauty of have tile and a bike that's so clean that you can eat off of it, besides I should be able to have it done in a few hours.

Cassie, You are a beast!!!!! w00t w00t Keep rocking it though the weekend!

Judi, you sound like me, I usually don't fall asleep until at least midnight, then I'm up by 2 or 3 in the kitchen with the ghost. (Actually it's been quiet in my house at night lately haven't noticed any activity during the night lately). Sounds like you an your hubby know this type of person all well.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

I'm here. I didn't go back to update my goals but overall today was pretty good until evening of course. Did over 2 hrs in the pond pulling watercress and then scooping algae. Yuck! Got in some QT with 15yr son. He is always my helper in the pond. He spent time stalking dragonflies and trying to take pics LOL. Went to a pig roast this evening and did very well nutrition-wise. But came home and had a big bowl of Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom ice cream with fresh strawberries added. Then had about 10 club crackers and a slice of pepper jack cheese with honey mustard. I'm still calling it a win. Breakfast and lunch were definitely good.

Looks like most of us are in the same boat. Good until (insert bad food here).

Oh....I'M GETTING INKED TOMORROW!!!! I'll be sure to show it off as soon as possible!
Old 08-05-2012, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

April, enjoy the inking! Can't wait to see how it comes out .

Mike, no longer beast-y. I had a bad day yesterday; I ate waaayy too much. However, it was all good, clean food, so I guess it could have been worse.

1. Calories below 1300. 1295, 1247, 1311, 1213, 1369, Not even close!
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Fair, Yes
3. 72 oz. fluid daily. 77, 79, 84, 86, 74, 72
4. Log everything and post daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Stopped logging
5. Eat clean. VERY, Pretty good, Fair, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. 3 or more fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ). 4, 5, 4.5, 5, 3.5, 4
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night. 7, I honestly cannot remember what time I went to bed last night! 7, 7, 5.5, 7
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week. 30 min., 30 min., 60 min., 30 min., 30 min., 30 min.

1. Write 2 reports. One done
2. Proof 2 postdoc reports.
3. Make banana bread/muffins. Done
4. Try a new recipe. Half done
5. Prune/pinch annuals in pots on deck and front porch. Done
6. Get new family pics for family room and stairway printed. Done
7. Pay bills.
8. One session parallel parking with the boy.

Well, as for the to-do list, I forgot we are meeting my in-laws for lunch today, so that chops 4-5 hours off, what with the travel time, so who knows how this will end up.

I doubt I'll get two hours of exercise in today, either, but overall the week is shaping up to be better than any I've had in a long time, so I'll take it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.