Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice?? >

7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice??

Community
Notices

7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice??

Old 08-02-2012, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

Default Wednesday & Thursday

H&F

1) No crying: just stress crying, nothing of importance, none, unfortunately, more tears
2) 4 days of no smoking (choose wisely): jajajajajajajajajajajajajaJA, ummmmmm, call me Smokey the Bear, yay me
3) Log everything: yes. even activities, which I haven't been doing. yes yes, yes
4) 100oz of water a day: 41.8, 101.4, maybe 20 oz, 101.4
5) 3000 calorie deficient: -1226 -998 +5 -973(-3192 so far)
6) Exercise for 150 minutes total: THROWING IN THE TOWEL THIS WEEK

OG
DONE!7) Do domething nice for a family member: yes
DONE!8) Do something nice for a stranger: not yet, nope, yes
9) Think before speaking: yes, yes, yes, yes

So, I've finally figured out why I'm having such a hard time with food and exercise lately. My thyroid levels are WAYYYYY out of whack again. It makes me hungrier and super duper tired. I still am having a problem keeping up with the thread, but I'm going to try and get back to my chit chatty self. A lot of stuff going on right now, and I haven't had the time to put in to reading and keeping up with everyone. Things will settle down again, just not sure when.

DARLENE!! I've missed you!

Judi! The gardens look soooo pretty!! I wish I had a green thumb.

I can't remember who commented on my "think before speaking" goal. I wish I could take credit for making it, but I can't. All of my goals were made by Mike this week, so you can steal it and adapt it from him.

Going to bed! G'Night Y'all!
Old 08-02-2012, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default oh no!! Not the bike!!!

Mike: Oh that so totally sucks! Your self-restraint was incredible - and isn't it amazing how they allow ppl with IQ points in the single digits to operate a motor vehicle! ::shakes head:: A**hole had alot of nerve to even touch the bike after that show of moronic action. Here's hoping she'll be fixed up soon!

April: How sweet that hubby let you set on his knee - been many years since that's happened in this house! The running joke is that the dogs have spent more time on his lap than I ever have! And the dessert - your control is admirable! I made lemon curd today (lemon meringue pie without the crust and w/o the meringue!) - and I shouldn't have! Keep hitting it with the teaspoon...

Nichaleh: The story you shared about your daughter was very touching - I teared up a bit - been many years since my kids were small and wanted mommy to play! Embrace those moments while you can!

Tori - you need a hug, girl! ((((((Tori)))))))

Ok, I have had a busy day as well, and didn't sit down in front of the 'puter much at all (vehicle issues - though, TG, not as horrid as Mike's!). Also had two gallons of raw milk that needed to be made into something (taking up too much room in the fridge), so figured I'd make mozzarella cheese for tomorrow night's pizza supper. That had its own set of difficulties and frustrations,taking a larger chunk of the day than I had planned.

But, tomorrow is another day, got my walk in the morning w/my buddy, and a planned carb overload day (actually a meal - the pizza) - but will keep the overall calorie count under 2000. I've been pretty accurate and steady with the numbers over the past month, but this two week stall is getting on my nerves. Will be back on the straight and narrow Saturday morning, and next week will see if the 'shock' of a load of carbs will shake things loose.

Here's today's #'s
Cals: 1,626 Fats: 73.7 Carbs: 133.0 Protein: 111.5

Hope you all have a good Friday! See you then!

Last edited by judipurple; 08-02-2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Tori needs a hug!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Hey ladies [insert Beastie Boys here], I'm feeling a little better. I haven't updated but I'll be back to it tomorrow.

Tori, yeah poor TPM. I'll have her fixed up soon enough I'm sure. I'm still waiting to hear from my adjuster. The good thing is that she still rides just fine so I may have to take her out this weekend to show some appreciation.

Cassie, I'm sure as you know, there are some people that you just don't want as clients.

April and Judi, thanks. For the most part I'm pretty level headed, other times I have to work really hard at containing the explosion.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Just a quick FYI - posted some pickling recipes on the Low-Carb food thread. Any questions, feel free to contact me!
Old 08-02-2012, 02:50 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everybody! Just a quick check in before I go to bed, I am getting up super early to take care of my post op sister tomorrow because my Mom is working. Wish me luck! Here are my #'s for today.

Stay within calorie limits: Yes. 720.
Exercise 3 days. No, No, Yes, Yes.
Drink 4 bottles of water daily. Drank only 2, but also only had tea with lunch and dinner. Improvement?
Baby in bed by 9:30 and myself by 10:30. Doing even better than that tonight, I plan to be in bed by 10!
Keep carbs down: Sorta, 41%.
Also,
Get back on track with wedding planning: Did not happen. I need some new motivation I think.
Keep up with the damn laundry!!!! I plan to allow John to attack that since he is off tomorrow.

I have kind of given myself an out this week as far as exercise, only doing my 6 miles on my bike instead of stopping in the middle to do strength training also. But next week I'll be getting back into it. I am glad I found that middle ground instead of just quitting completely though.

Mike, that is the worst. Proud of you for not beating him though.

Nichaleh, that is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard. Totally makes you remember why you are doing this.

Hope, I am glad you found something that seems to be working with you! Just remember how great it feels and stick with it!

Everybody have a great Friday, the week is almost over!!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Nice job, Kayla. I like your laundry plan. My hubby is usually the designated laundry person in our house.

Getting late so I'll post and then catch up with you all tomorrow.

HANG IN THERE, TORI!

1. Calories below 1300. 1295, 1247, 1311, 1213
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. 72 oz. fluid daily. 77, 79, 84, 86
4. Log everything and post daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Eat clean. VERY, Pretty good, Fair, Yes
6. 3 or more fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ). 4, 5, 4.5, 5
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night. 7, I honestly cannot remember what time I went to bed last night! 7, 7
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week. 30 min., 30 min., 60 min., 30 min.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Default Weekend Warriors!

Who's ready for a strong weekend??

I am almost afraid we'll have a ghost town this weekend; it's been such as quiet week!

Well, I scored my first red this week with a short sleep, so I'm kind of bumming about that, but it is what it is. On the bright side, I should be able to get out for a quick trail run/walk before it gets beastly hot and humid.

Judi, your homemade pizza with homemade cheese sounds wonderful! One of my favorite dinners is a homemade whole wheat crust with crushed tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil, but I would have no idea where to start making the cheese myself. Can I come for dinner?

April, hope your willpower's holding out with the dessert so far. I'm afraid to ask what it was...btw, your Pinterest makes me drool on a regular basis! I should know just not to look!

Barbarajean, hope your version of pizza is delicious...if you hit on a winner of a recipe, let us know.

nichaleh, I hope you have many more fun and active moments with your daughter this weekend!

Mike and Tori, it always cracks me up to see you set goals for each other! Y'all know each other so well! I think somehow it's more of a challenge that way. Maybe one week we should do some sort of round robin for goal setting; ...wonder how that could work?
Old 08-03-2012, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I am glad you are feeling better about it but it sucks that it happened. I would say they should take his license away but... isn't that always the way too? Someone hits you and then has a suspened license and no insurance. But this winner also had the nerve to say "it's no big deal." Makes you kinda wanna hit his truck with a crow bar and say "hey no big deal, bro."

Darlene, is that you? Welcome back, girl!!!

Kayla thanks for your support. It's funny I said to DH this morning, "Do ya think I can stick with this?" He admitted it would be hard but said if I coudl do it with occaional cheats rather than my ummm rather large binges.

Judi, I'm gonna check out that pickle recipe. I've been jonesing for pickles.

And now my song for Tori: Haaanng on, Tori, Tori hang on, yeah, yeah, yeah... (you prolly don't remember the original.) Seriously we're all rooting for ya. We're here (uh most of the time) if you need us. (or even if you don't.)
Old 08-03-2012, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Pretty quiet around here!!

Got in from GB late last night from our marathon shopping trip. Had a really nice time with daughter. Told her it was probably going to be the last time that I would ever take her school shopping, so pick out what she wanted. Ouch. Not doing that again! It was a nice bonding day though, nonetheless. Out of the hundreds of dollars spent, I am now the proud owner of a package of .97 cent Bic pens that I needed for my office. Can't wait until August is over, she is safely tucked into her dorm room and the money hemorrhage can be tourniquetted.

Diet-wise... not so good. Didn't want to leave the mall in the middle of everything, so we ate a lot of food court junk. Cleverly hid the massive slice of cheese pizza behind a healthy garden salad so that I could give the illusion that I was eating healthfully! lol On the bright side, I must have walked 8-10 miles! Maybe it will all even out somehow.

Lots to do today from playing hookie yesterday, so I better get moving...

Enjoy your day!

quinn
Old 08-03-2012, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

) low carb baby; i'm feeling better fibro wise: yup, yes, yes, yes
2) be a strretchy mama: yup, yes, yes, yes
3) exercise or walk 3x: walked, walked, no, no shopping for DD for sniff sniff college
4) avoid aspartame: a few sips thank u DH for nagging me, 1/2c, 1/2 c both, times "behind DH's back," yes
5) be nice because as a sign here says: nice counts: yup, yes, yes, mean with reason

OK so the reason (in white): So I said to DD you're not gonna pick up your last two paychecks? And she said the boss intimidates me (he called her a slacker college student because she had to to cut down availabilty for end of school stuff and serious personal reasons.) I said so you want to donate money and give free work to him? She and I had a "discussion" in which she said I am always making her feel bad about things. Then she said You suck and I hate you. When I asked her not to say you suck she started texting her friend mid conversation and as she would say I "flipped a s*!t." I was kinda ornery form lack of sleep and the fact that we have to get her blood tests for her kidneys and that kept getitng screwed up. So I was crabby and mean and I got over it. Not modeling good behavior but at least I apologize. Which is more than I can say for some young people around here not that I have anyone in mind. I also said to her would it kill you to say you're sorry once in a while, to consider my feelings. That's like the thing with Mike's bike smasher guy: you make a mistake, at least own up to it. And in DD's case: pick up your damn checks!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.