Notices

7/23/12 Motivational Group Thread--Let's Get Serious!

Old 07-28-2012, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, trading recipes is great! I can't wait to "test drive" some of yours. I think Hellmans might be zero or low carb but it has sugar, which is my mortal enemy. I am thinking of maybe going sort of modified Primal, as much as I can, and seeing what happens. From experience I am learning what I can and can't eat. My problem is I can eat a little (health wise) but I can't eat a little (self control wise.) I can eat a slice of pizza but when I go crazy with the tomatoes, dairy and carbs I pay dearly for it. And it is starting to seem not worth it. (Duh, you think I would have got it by now.) But ya know, I get moody, self indulgent, "social," what can I say? So while I agree we should enjoy and not feel guilty, I am already feeling positive effects of just 3 days of eating "clean." So I am gonna try to keep that going. And if I don't, I will chalk it up to being human.

I will let you know what happens, Bubbaleh!!! I feel like I know you, I swear. You have such a warm generous presence.

And if I see "The Situation" in Joisey I'm running the other way!!! Can't deal with that whole GTL thing (Gym, Tan, Laundry) Why do I know this? I don't even watch the show!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, take him with ya. Make it a family trip.

Who else is going to try to make it? Quinniepoo, April, Hope, Mern, Amy? Oh Amy, where are you?
Old 07-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm gonna chalk that up to your ADHD. It's HS tennis season. Can't miss matches!

But it sounds like a blast. I would really like to do it! We'll see what the schedule looks like when it comes out. I'm only 4 hours from Charlotte!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

oh yeahhhh.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6

Who else is going to try to make it? Quinniepoo, April, Hope, Mern, Amy? Oh Amy, where are you?
Where IS Amy? I miss her.

And when is this alleged trip taking place? 2016? I don't even know where the hell I'll be in a month. But hey if y'all (get that - y'all) make it happen I'll come cheer you on. I'll um bring my pom poms. Or at least a big sign that says Fitdayers are winners or some such.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Where IS Amy? I miss her.

And when is this alleged trip taking place? 2016? I don't even know where the hell I'll be in a month. But hey if y'all (get that - y'all) make it happen I'll come cheer you on. I'll um bring my pom poms. Or at least a big sign that says Fitdayers are winners or some such.
2016 is Cassie being silly. We are getting together next March. I posted about it a few pages back.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52

Ama, you're here what's what counts. And you didn't do that badly, you'll get back. Glad to hear about your son learning swimming, isn't it cool to watch them gain that skill? I'm afraid to ask: What's Burning Love?
Hi Hope! Ah, thanks! And I really do love to watch the swimming - we are lake and boat people so it is really vital that he learns early.

Burning Love...check it out: Burning Love: Episode 1 - Yahoo!

It is a spoof on "The Bachelor" - really quite hilarious! There are about 14 or so episodes, each around 10 min each. Ama
Old 07-28-2012, 10:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by judipurple
Can't stay on too long today - major chore day so Dh & I are free to go on a day trip tomorrow. Got pickles to put up, paint the trim around the windows in the living room, Dh is coming home later with a truckload of wood for the stoves, #2 son is having a group of buddies over - just gonna be crazy around here!
Hey Judi! You just inspired me to make pickles! I have been staring at the cucumbers on my counter for 2 days wondering what to do with them, thanks!

PS - I definitely plan to try freezing pesto the way you described... float oil on top, and leave out the cheese.

Ama
Old 07-28-2012, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern

Ama, I'll give you the green. You:
--picked up on the water toward the end of the week
--went months without one before having a soda
--plan on heading to the lake to swim today, which is great exercise
--are trying to stay positive despite all the work on budgets.

Wishing you more ME time and a wonderful weekend.
Mern - You're the best! You definitely gave me a boost in the positive attitude category just now! I didn't do too bad after all - I guess 2am is not a good time to be reviewing my goals for the week... The lake was great! I even managed to drive the boat on the trailer in front of a big group of people and looked like I knew what I was doing! Hope your weekend is going great! Ama
Old 07-28-2012, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

Just popped on to read a bit. Man you guys are chatty this weekend! I am on track but haven't looked at my goals today. Spent the majority of the day deep cleaning the kitchen. Cupboards, fridge, stove ... then 2 bathrooms and our bedroom a good general cleaning. Tomorrow is the rest of the house in general and the fish tank. Hoping to make my way to the town community days also for the meet the breeds / obedience event. I like to take the girls to socialize a little.

I saw an invite in there somewhere. I have to say I will be among those who suck. We don't have it in our budget for any serious trips any time in the near future.

Hope.. thank you for your open & honest discussion about DD. I am sometimes unsure if I ask too personal of questions.

Oh and my weight this morning was 229.8lbs. Under 230!! Woohoo!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.