Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7/23/12 Motivational Group Thread--Let's Get Serious! >

7/23/12 Motivational Group Thread--Let's Get Serious!

Community
Notices

7/23/12 Motivational Group Thread--Let's Get Serious!

Old 07-27-2012, 03:19 PM
FitDay Member

Hope, I hope you find at least one you like. It was easy to post them because they were already on my hard drive, so I just had to copy and paste. Looking forward to the recipes you can share when you have time. I don't have any food allergies. In recipes that call for wine I usually try to substitute some other liquid. Other than that, I can eat virtually anything low carb. I had to give up mayo because of the fat content and haven't found any low fat versions I like, so I substitute Ranch dressing or ask the recipe donor what I could substitute.

Tori, hi. Up here Hellmann's is the mayo of choice.

Mike, I wonder if Ricky Ricardo ever told Fred Mertz he was overweight.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:22 PM
FitDay Member

Mike harpooned me on Facebook. Been a little worse for wear & bit off more than I could chew (again, haha) but I'm back! I won't be able to reply frequently because I only get Internet on my phone, but I am here!! <3
Old 07-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Mike harpooned me on Facebook. Been a little worse for wear & bit off more than I could chew (again, haha) but I'm back! I won't be able to reply frequently because I only get Internet on my phone, but I am here!! <3
And you are a yes for the meet and greet and a "tentative" yes for the race, right?
Old 07-27-2012, 09:06 PM
FitDay Member

A few simple goals:

1. Get back to H2O and limit coffee. The coffee machine is close to my desk and I am getting really bad at hitting it up instead of the water cooler down the hall. Uh... early in the week was pretty bad, but I really picked up the water toward the end.
2. Focus on whole foods. Mostly yes, but I did have some chocolate brownies my Mom made, and I broke down and had a Coke - it has been months since I had soda, and it was so good! BUT, it can wait months again before I have another...
3. Get a few really good workouts in (like actually sweat) at the Gym. NO for the week. Plan on heading to the lake today to swim, so that is something!
4. Stay positive!!! Sort of... work is getting really frustrating so it has been tough to stay positive. I have a client that is getting really needy, and is making requests out of contract... lots of time working out budgets with management, which I hate! Otherwise trying to stay positive...
5. Download pix of friends and e-mail before too much time goes by ;-) No.

Holy cow! I have almost no green for the week! So much for making super simple goals... I should have goals like, brush my teeth, make coffee, breathe in and out.

This week had just been no fun, except for taking care of my son. He was in swim lessons all week and absolutely loves the water, so it was great to watch him learn to swim! But it cut into my gym time and then some, so no workouts this week. My scheduled down day on Thursday (when DH and DS are out of the house) was cut off by my client needing MORE work done, and of course within "a fast but reasonable pace." It is really tough to keep up with lawyers who are stressed out. Sigh...

Anyway, it is 2am, and everyone else is asleep, so this is my alone time for the day! Maybe I'll watch more episodes of "Burning Love" for a while, who will Mark pick?

Ama
5’6”, 39yo
2lbs over Goal
Old 07-28-2012, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Mhibdon, long time no see! At least it feels like it's been a while. How are ya?

Ama, you're here what's what counts. And you didn't do that badly, you'll get back. Glad to hear about your son learning swimming, isn't it cool to watch them gain that skill? I'm afraid to ask: What's Burning Love?

Tori, Mern, it has always been Hellman's here. But Sauers makes sugar free mayo and it's pretty stinkin good.

Mern, recipes to follow. I have two kids sleeping in my living room but I will go get the recipes soon. I should have them on my hard drive; it stinks to be computer illiterate. Maybe that should be a goal when DD leaves: to learn how to do that stuff.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

1) 500 words of real writing per day: Yes, No
2) Stop obsessing over child/stop writing about her: Yes, No I don't think this is a realistic goal; she's leaving soon and I shouldn't censor my writing
3) Eat less and better (no sugar, tomatoes, dairy, chocolate, if I can manage): 2 sugar free Oreos, BIG YES
4) Stretch every day: Yes, Yes twice
5) Don't be mean: I wasn't mean, I was pointed; I was actually very kind

I lost another pound so I am only up 2 from my lowest recent. It sounds like gambling up 2, down 1, etc. I am really hopeful that diet will help this flare and if I can manage to get some rest I know I can beat this.

Unless you hear from me tonight, you may not hear from me possibly for a few days. I'm going to the Joisey shore with friends. May try to get online to post goals; I'm gonna need em down there. I'm gonna try to plan my meals and keep low carb and not drink even a sip of alcohol.

Last edited by canary52; 07-28-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Can't stay on too long today - major chore day so Dh & I are free to go on a day trip tomorrow. Got pickles to put up, paint the trim around the windows in the living room, Dh is coming home later with a truckload of wood for the stoves, #2 son is having a group of buddies over - just gonna be crazy around here!

Numbers weren't great, and the weight has been stalled for the better part of 10 days - the calories and exercise aren't the issue, 'cause I've lost 2.5 inches off my waist since the beginning of the month! I have loosened up on the amount of carbs (danged birthday cake and all the fruit in the house!), so that could be slowing things down. Could also be just water retention due to heat & humidity...who knows!?! Just gotta have faith that it will start move again. NSV vs scale...

Calories: 1,933 Fats: 125.1g Carbs: 96.4g Protein: 119.5g

Will be stopping in later today after the dust settles - hope you all have a great day!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Judi, just reading about your day is exhausting me. Good luck with it all. And the scale will move. You look like you've been doing great; 2.5 inches off your waist -woo hoo.

What is NSV please?
Old 07-28-2012, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Okay ladies, we've been talking about doing a "meet and greet"... well now's your chance!!

***March 23,2013*** This notice far enough so y'all can schedule you're work schedule and lives around it! So what that means is if you don't show up, you suck!

Who's in for the meet and greet and maybe a little 1/2 marathon fun? Even if you don't run it I expect you to at the very least be waiting at the finish line cheering me on as I whip Tori!

Mike - in and doing the race
Tori - in and doing the race

to clarify the 1/2 is on the 24th

and I'm SO in!! I think making the decision to do this half has given me the motivation that I've lost. I have a goal (other than the ultimate one) and a challenge. Part of my problem is that I haven't been challenged. Let's hope I stick with it this time OoHhH!! WHN is gonna do the half too! YAY!!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
to clarify the 1/2 is on the 24th

and I'm SO in!! I think making the decision to do this half has given me the motivation that I've lost. I have a goal (other than the ultimate one) and a challenge. Part of my problem is that I haven't been challenged. Let's hope I stick with it this time OoHhH!! WHN is gonna do the half too! YAY!!
Oh damn I was looking at the date for the 5k. The ride in the race car is on the 24th and it's on a first come first serve basis. Oh well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.