Notices

7/23/12 Motivational Group Thread--Let's Get Serious!

Old 07-28-2012, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
And you are a yes for the meet and greet and a "tentative" yes for the race, right?
Oh homeboy you know I'm in for the race!!!! Gonna knock you into the next STATE! Whuddup!

Canary- Life has been eventful! I took on too much (again) and flipped out, but I'm working on finding my balance! About to get hardcore into cycling once I fix my little dehydration issue!! How've you been??
Old 07-28-2012, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Oh homeboy you know I'm in for the race!!!! Gonna knock you into the next STATE! Whuddup!

Canary- Life has been eventful! I took on too much (again) and flipped out, but I'm working on finding my balance! About to get hardcore into cycling once I fix my little dehydration issue!! How've you been??
Dream on!
Old 07-28-2012, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon

Don't listen to scoffers. You're gonna do it. Some people are just jealous; they can't help it.

I've been OK, plus or minus, to quote my DH. Gained 8 pounds and have lost 6 of em so far. Kinda pissed off cause I had a goal to be 8 pound smaller, not larger. Oh well. Also trying to commit to the low carb thing to feel better.

What litle dehydration issue?
Old 07-28-2012, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Okay ladies, we've been talking about doing a "meet and greet"... well now's your chance!!

***March 23,2013*** This notice far enough so y'all can schedule you're work schedule and lives around it! So what that means is if you don't show up, you suck!

Who's in for the meet and greet and maybe a little 1/2 marathon fun? Even if you don't run it I expect you to at the very least be waiting at the finish line cheering me on as I whip Tori!

Mike - in and doing the race
Tori - in and doing the race
mh - in and doing the race

I'll have to suck. That's HS tennis season and we are hardcore. But you can count me in for 2016!

This is my next one: http://www.fireflyrun.com/
Old 07-28-2012, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Don't listen to scoffers. You're gonna do it. Some people are just jealous; they can't help it.

I've been OK, plus or minus, to quote my DH. Gained 8 pounds and have lost 6 of em so far. Kinda pissed off cause I had a goal to be 8 pound smaller, not larger. Oh well. Also trying to commit to the low carb thing to feel better.

What litle dehydration issue?
You can do it!!

My memory issues that had been slowly simmering since at least 2010 have come out full force to the point of me forgetting where I am, meeting people, and entire conversations. I had slaked off of my regimented lifestyle because I got caught up in other things, and then I realized that I had forgotten to drink anything but Starbucks for a couple weeks. So that was a harsh reality check as to get myself back into working order. I've just started the process of figuring out what is going on to hopefully start treatment before gradschool. But... Yeah, needless to say I'm a bit freaked...
Old 07-28-2012, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

mhibdon, welcome back for however much you are able to post. You have been missed. Best wishes on resolving the memory issues. I can certainly relate to not remembering having met someone and forgetting entire conversations. It can be so annoying.

Ama, I'll give you the green. You:
--picked up on the water toward the end of the week
--went months without one before having a soda
--plan on heading to the lake to swim today, which is great exercise
--are trying to stay positive despite all the work on budgets.

Wishing you more ME time and a wonderful weekend.

Hope, kudos on your additional weight loss and all the green. I hope your trip to Joisey gives you some stress relief. Say hello to The Situation for me. LOL If you change your mind and decide to eat some carbs or have some alcohol while there, just allow yourself to ENJOY IT and don't beat yourself up about it afterwards. When we go to Michigan next week, I'm going to eat low carb when possible, but I am not going to deprive myself of liberty to enjoy something off plan. Oops, I always thought Hellmann's mayo was zero carb. I'm happy you found the Sauers that fits your needs better. : No rush on posting the recipes, but I will look forward to your and anyone else adding to our low carb thread.

Judi, best wishes getting your chores done so you can enjoy your day trip with DH. Kudos on losing 2.5 inches off your waist. I always say the numbers on the scale aren't important. What's important is our health and how we look and feel in our clothes. Yep, that scale won't be stuck forever.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, you got my mouth watering! I copied to my hard drive all your recipes posted so far--they all sound great to me. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2012, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
But you can count me in for 2016!

This is my next one: Firefly Run | Illuminated Nighttime 5K & 10K Race
This isn't the Olymic Summer Games or the Presidential election. What's up with the 4 year gap?
Old 07-28-2012, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

This isn't the Olymic Summer Games or the Presidential election. What's up with the 4 year gap?
LOL, my son graduates May 2015 and I'll be an empty nester, and can then go wherever I want whenever I want!
Old 07-28-2012, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

Mhibdon, I don't blame you for being freaked but you found the problem and are fixing it.

I want to share this: A while back, I started having panic atttacks, trouble sleeping, jitteriness, etc. not unusual but the level it was getting to was crazy. A doctor diagnosed me as bipolar and was gonna put me on lithium. It just didn't feel right. I am a big believer in diet and alternative approaches so I combed thru my diet and realized I ws drinking large quantities of Starbucks decaf soy latte. I talked to the doctor who told me the epsresso the drink was made with still had caffeine in it and the amount I was drinking was pretty significant. Plus I knew the soy milk had sugar in it. Got rid of the lattes, tuned me around 180 degrees, restored my "sanity," such as it is.

Moral: Starbucks is evil. No, no. Trust yourself. Observe and note and change what needs to be changed.

You can do it! (Hey this can be our motto.)

Last edited by canary52; 07-28-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.