Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7/23/12 Motivational Group Thread--Let's Get Serious! >

7/23/12 Motivational Group Thread--Let's Get Serious!

Community
Notices

7/23/12 Motivational Group Thread--Let's Get Serious!

Old 07-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

I'm still off the wagon but I had a huge boost of motivation today. I walked across the street to my friend/neighbors house, as I was walking up he pointed to my gut and told me that I'm getting big. I know I've been getting big but to hear it from someone else, when most people don't say a thing, is a huge eyeopener and motivation for me to try again to get my diet in line.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

Hope, I started a low carb thread in the Food Talk forum. These are ones from my collection that have no tomatoes, milk, cream, yogurt, chocolate, or sucralose. As I think of them, I'll add some of my dump and taste dishes that I have in my head. I'd love to get some new low carb ideas myself--so would appreciate anything you could share as well.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...b-recipes.html

Anyone who has any low carb recipes you would like to add to the above thread, please feel free to do so.

Mike, I think your neighbor was kinda rude, but it sounds like you appreciated his honesty. You know what to do and how to do it, and I have every confidence that you WILL. Best wishes on your restart.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Hi guys, just a quick check in, I am madly working on my assignment this weekend and might not have a lot of time to post. Back on track and very thank full for all your support. I will try and get a moment to post numbers and goals tomorrow. I really want to answer each of you too.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, I think your neighbor was kinda rude, but it sounds like you appreciated his honesty. You know what to do and how to do it, and I have every confidence that you WILL. Best wishes on your restart.
Most people would think that. I guess I should mention that he's Cuban, maybe they aren't worried about being PC. Yes, I did appreciate it. Hell is someone would have told me years ago would would have never gotten to 210+
Old 07-27-2012, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

Nichaleh, glad you could pop in to say hello even if you don't have a lot of time to spend. Congratulations for being back on track.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, glad to know you made allowances for your neighbor friend since he's from a different culture. I do understand that it's harder for men to recognize when they're overweight. My DH could stand to lose about 30 lbs. but his doctor never says anything about his losing weight. But I'm really, really obese so I don't feel right about suggesting he go on a weight loss diet when his own doctor didn't. Maybe I should send DH down your way to meet your Cuban friend. LOL
Old 07-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Maybe I should send DH down your way to meet your Cuban friend. LOL
that is so funny
Old 07-27-2012, 02:50 PM
FitDay Member

Mern those recipes look off the charts good!! I have been lazy lately but I'm gonna try some when I get back and will report back to you. And tomorrow I will add some. I am beat now; gonna go to sleep.

Mike, I was gonna say this guy is a friend? But then I thought hey maybe he is. Mern, you are so funny. My DH could stand to lose 20-30 lbs too. Maybe we can get Mike's neighbor to start a motivational camp?

Hi Nicaleh, nice to see you.

G'nite all.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
eggs yes, mayo yes, ranch no. i get terrific sf mayo online -Dukes, you can get it down south in stores.
here in SC, there is no other mayo!! If someone asks if you want mayo for your sammich/burger it's ALWAYS Duke's! In fact, it's made by Sauer's, which is down the street from the Bi-Lo Warehouse...
Old 07-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Okay ladies, we've been talking about doing a "meet and greet"... well now's your chance!!

***March 23,2013*** This notice far enough so y'all can schedule your work schedule and lives around it! So what that means is if you don't show up, you suck!

Who's in for the meet and greet and maybe a little 1/2 marathon fun? Even if you don't run it I expect you to at the very least be waiting at the finish line cheering me on as I whip Tori!

Mike - in and doing the race
Tori - in and doing the race
mh - in and doing the race

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-28-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.