Notices

7/23/12 Motivational Group Thread--Let's Get Serious!

Old 07-26-2012, 06:26 PM
  #91  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,269
Default

Congratulations, April!!!! So happy for you; you must be so proud!!!! You did it!!!! You are awesome, girl!!!
canary52 is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 07:02 PM
  #92  
FitDay Member
 
judipurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NW CT
Posts: 104
Default

CONGRATULATIONS APRIL!!!!!

Incredible Milestone - you've
earned it!
judipurple is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 07:40 PM
  #93  
FitDay Member
 
judipurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NW CT
Posts: 104
Default

Wednesday's Numbers:

Calories: 1,271 fats: 66.7g Carbs: 70.4g Protein: 102.2g

Not much to report on the homefront. Am spending much of Thursday getting things together for DH's birthday.

Female type question: Has anyone here gone through menopause yet? I am in peri-mentalpause (I guess - no ins, so haven't seen a Dr. in several years), and some months (not many) skip menstruation. Of all that getting my period entails in the misery department, one "good" thing - the "whoosh" of the scale at the end of it. I would usually lose at least the water retention and a little bit more as an 'added bonus' (right.). When the periods end, am I correct in assuming that the water retention and subsequent loss will end? I think this might be one of those 'skipped' months, and I will admit to a small feeling of disappointment - silly, I know. But, any loss is a good loss!

Should I post this as a separate thread for the 'general population'?

Thanks ladies (..and you too, Mike)
judipurple is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 08:09 PM
  #94  
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 8,227
Default

Originally Posted by judipurple View Post
Should I post this as a separate thread for the 'general population'?

Thanks ladies (..and you too, Mike)
haha it's fine, I hear it all. It doesn't bother me, as long as it doesn't bother you.
01gt4.6 is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 10:19 PM
  #95  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,269
Default

Belated goals: (if I may) and how I'm doin' so far (how're you doin')

1) 500 words of real writing per day: Yes
2) Stop obsessing over child/stop writing about her: Yes
3) Eat less and better (no sugar, tomatoes, dairy, chocolate, if I can manage): Yes
4) Stretch every day: Yes
5) Don't be mean: I wasn't mean, I was pointed

I had gained 8 pounds and managed to lose 5 of em. But I am supposed to go the shore with some friends who are big eaters. There will be TONS of food. Plus family. Danger Will Robinson.

DH took me to Aerosmith for our anniversary. Enjoyable but lacked energy a bit (I'm talking Steven Tyler, not me.) The guy next to me was in such a deep sleep I was starting to get worried. Then they played Sweet Emotion and the guy literally sprung up, fist pumping, trying to get everyone to dance. I guess the drugs/alcohol/whatever stopped kicking in. All righty...

Is this Ft Lauderdale ad pissing off anyone besides me? It keeps popping up.
canary52 is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 10:40 PM
  #96  
FitDay Member
Thread Starter
 
Mern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,713
Default

Originally Posted by judipurple View Post

Female type question: Has anyone here gone through menopause yet? I am in peri-mentalpause (I guess - no ins, so haven't seen a Dr. in several years), and some months (not many) skip menstruation. Of all that getting my period entails in the misery department, one "good" thing - the "whoosh" of the scale at the end of it. I would usually lose at least the water retention and a little bit more as an 'added bonus' (right.). When the periods end, am I correct in assuming that the water retention and subsequent loss will end? I think this might be one of those 'skipped' months, and I will admit to a small feeling of disappointment - silly, I know. But, any loss is a good loss!
Judi, I've been through menopause and from talking with friends who have gone through it, there's no "one-size-fits-all" experience. I wasn't trying to lose weight during peri-menopause so didn't notice about water weight loss. I'm well past menopause and still battle water retention but I am rather sodium sensitive. Sorry I can't be of any more help than that on your specific question. I will offer some unsolicited advice, though, as I didn't go to a doctor for menopause, either. I did not want hormone replacement therapy because I would not accept the risk of uterine or breast cancer associated with it--I don't know if those risks still exist or not. But I can assure you that it is possible to live through the hot flashes without medication. Soy products (like soy milk, textured veggie protein (TVP) seemed to help, as did giving up caffeine except for in the little bit of dark chocolate I allow myself. DH says my "mentalpause" never got kick-started again. LOL
Mern is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 11:07 PM
  #97  
FitDay Member
Thread Starter
 
Mern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,713
Default

Still haven't had time to catch up on the thread! Unusually busy day again.

Quinn, oh, I do remember now that you mentioned the backpacking trip to the Smokey Mountains. Such a beautiful place--I haven't been there in many years. I love planning trips, especially on the computer. I'm so glad you suggested the picnic at Mackinac. Found a place called Doud's Market across from the fort, where the locals shop for food, and it has a deli and we can get healthful salads, sandwiches, subs, paninis, sides and drinks there for a picnic at very reasonable prices. The website even has a map of suggested picnic spots on the island, one being on the lawn outside the fort. Talked to my GF about that (because of her dietary needs) and she said that'll be quite doable for her.

Hope, kudos on losing 5 lbs. of those pesky 8 already! Steven Tyler is gettin' kinda old, so I'm not surprised he lacked energy. But in any case, what a neat anniversary present to see Aerosmith! I'm not getting the Ft. Lauderdale ad popping up and pissing me off--a couple weeks ago it was Lee's Chicken and now Dave and Buster's--must be regional ads according to our IP addresses or something.

Will try to come back later to do more catching up.
Mern is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 12:33 AM
  #98  
FitDay Member
 
quinnesec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,688
Default

Great Job, April!!

Now you know what you have to do, right?? Go to the local grocery store and find two 50 lb. bags of something to really get the true picture of your accomplishment!
quinnesec is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 12:49 AM
  #99  
FitDay Member
 
quinnesec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,688
Default

Originally Posted by Mern View Post
Still haven't had time to catch up on the thread! Unusually busy day again.

Quinn, oh, I do remember now that you mentioned the backpacking trip to the Smokey Mountains. Such a beautiful place--I haven't been there in many years. I love planning trips, especially on the computer. I'm so glad you suggested the picnic at Mackinac. Found a place called Doud's Market across from the fort, where the locals shop for food, and it has a deli and we can get healthful salads, sandwiches, subs, paninis, sides and drinks there for a picnic at very reasonable prices. The website even has a map of suggested picnic spots on the island, one being on the lawn outside the fort. Talked to my GF about that (because of her dietary needs) and she said that'll be quite doable for her.
That's my very favorite kind of trip! Husband and I do things like that all the time... When we get to a location, we check with locals that we can trust and get out of the "touristy" places. In Mexico, we would venture a little too far, but that's a whole 'nuther story! lol By making friends with the resort owners, etc., they would take us to local hang-outs that were so incredibly fun. I am still in contact with many of them by email, etc. We did things like have drunken golf cart races at 3 a.m. and help baby sea turtles get to the ocean at sunrise. They just don't show you that kind of stuff in brochures! lol
quinnesec is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 02:58 AM
  #100  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,269
Default

Belated goals: (if I may) and how I'm doin' so far (how're you doin')

1) 500 words of real writing per day: Yes
2) Stop obsessing over child/stop writing about her: Yes
3) Eat less and better (no sugar, tomatoes, dairy, chocolate, if I can manage): 2 sugar free Oreos
4) Stretch every day: Yes
5) Don't be mean: I wasn't mean, I was pointed

Bad fibro flare. I am getting electric shocks all over my body. DH suggested taking more of my basic fibro med and I'm thinking maybe tighten up on the diet. Getting some sleep would help. man, it's the weirdest feeling like I'm being electrocuted. Plus tingling and numbness in my hands and feet and a lot of weird skin and other issues.
canary52 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.