Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya? >

7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya?

Community
Notices

7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya?

Old 07-21-2012, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Mike - OMG, those pix are from your PHONE?!? Incredible! The one with the heron is stunning! Just beautiful.

It looks like you had some decent weather - when Dh & I were still dating, we spent a week down in SC on the coast - I think I had all of two mornings for photos when it didn't rain or the sunrise was blocked by cloud cover!
Old 07-21-2012, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

1) Explore gentle yoga or mellow exercise class (new goal!) or walk or gym (old goal) at least 3x:M: went to the gym and actually worked up a sweat, been researching gently yoga classes in my area, T: no -fibro, W: no- bad back,Th: No, fibro bad back, F: went for acupuncure
2) meditate 20 minutes per day (newish) and one hour on Sat (new goal): outside on my porch, so good, no, yes, no, no
3) avoid sugar, it is NOT your friend: despite temptation yes, yes, chips with some sugar in em, yes, no -drank some lemonade4) write 500 "real" work daily: yes, yes, yes, yes, no
5) one hour writing daily: yes and I rejoined the writing class I had dropped, no but I was in class so I did writing related stuff for 3 hours, [color="seagreen"]yes[/COLOR, yes]
6) fruits and veg: 6 or more, no, no, yes, yes
7) water yourself : 9 cups, yes 10 cups at least, yes 8, yes, yes
8) if you cannot do it with a giving heart, don't do it: hmmmmmm, working on it, yes, yes I gave up my writing day and an acupuncture appointment to spend time with DD - gladly (though now my back does hurt, it was worth it.) yes, meh
9) take supplements: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
10) stretch: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

Been eating too much, back hurts, fibro stuff.

Great pix, Mike. Amazing you got em on a phone. With all the aggravation of taking the pictures, were you at least able to enjoy the sunrise?
Old 07-21-2012, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, guys...finally back to the thread better late than never. My internet connection dropped this week and we finally had time this morning to mess with it (router problems) and spend time on the phone with tech support. It taunted me all week...would let me be on for a little while, then bam, it was gone again. It frustrated me that I didn't have it and frustrated me even more to feel so dependent on it!

Anyway, logging was a forgotten dream; I tried to keep a running total in my head, but who knows. I'm back on board today and about to check out the menu to make a plan for a new restaurant we're going to tonight. I hope you've all had a great week and are enjoying your weekend .
Old 07-21-2012, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hope, he sure was.

Quinniepoo, congrats on the scale still moving!!
I was just going through some threads as I am fairly new on the forum and I saw your banhammer man. Which made me laugh. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2012, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Problems aside, these look beautiful, Mike. Peaceful and calm.
It was pretty peaceful. It makes me wish I lived close to the beach. I bet many that do live close to the beach wish they lived close to New Orleans. Lol

Originally Posted by judipurple
Mike - OMG, those pix are from your PHONE?!? Incredible! The one with the heron is stunning! Just beautiful.

It looks like you had some decent weather - when Dh & I were still dating, we spent a week down in SC on the coast - I think I had all of two mornings for photos when it didn't rain or the sunrise was blocked by cloud cover!
thanks. The iPhone takes pretty decent pics.

Originally Posted by canary52
1) Explore gentle yoga or mellow exercise class (new goal!) or walk or gym (old goal) at least 3x:M: went to the gym and actually worked up a sweat, been researching gently yoga classes in my area, T: no -fibro, W: no- bad back,Th: No, fibro bad back, F: went for acupuncure
2) meditate 20 minutes per day (newish) and one hour on Sat (new goal): outside on my porch, so good, no, yes, no, no
3) avoid sugar, it is NOT your friend: despite temptation yes, yes, chips with some sugar in em, yes, no -drank some lemonade4) write 500 "real" work daily: yes, yes, yes, yes, no
5) one hour writing daily: yes and I rejoined the writing class I had dropped, no but I was in class so I did writing related stuff for 3 hours, [color="seagreen"]yes[/COLOR, yes]
6) fruits and veg: 6 or more, no, no, yes, yes
7) water yourself : 9 cups, yes 10 cups at least, yes 8, yes, yes
8) if you cannot do it with a giving heart, don't do it: hmmmmmm, working on it, yes, yes I gave up my writing day and an acupuncture appointment to spend time with DD - gladly (though now my back does hurt, it was worth it.) yes, meh
9) take supplements: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
10) stretch: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

Been eating too much, back hurts, fibro stuff.

Great pix, Mike. Amazing you got em on a phone. With all the aggravation of taking the pictures, were you at least able to enjoy the sunrise?
I was able to enjoy the sunrise. I always get to catch it alone because nobody else wants to get up early with me. So it's my peaceful alone time. Much better than trying to lock myself in the bathroom.

Originally Posted by FitnessFree
I was just going through some threads as I am fairly new on the forum and I saw your banhammer man. Which made me laugh. Thank you!
He does a fine job. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Even as a teenager, I loved the sunrise. I would get up while it was still dark, get on my bike, buy a bagel and a juice (no thought of carbs then) from the bagel place on Flatland Avenue and go sit on the pier alone and watch the sun rise.

I love the quiet alone time of early morning. So in those pix I was right there with you, next to you, not in front of the damn camera. LOL.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Here's one from my botched up GoPro camera. I did some editing to this one.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:14 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!

Was much too tired last nite to post anything, so here are my numbers for yesterday and today. Finished my 2nd full day on induction and obviously it’s working – the scale is finally moving again and I am down to 161!

Amazing pics Mike!

Mern, can you post the ‘recipe’ for the shakes? I bought some whey powder – just the plain unflavoured so that I can use it in baking and other things. I figure if I want chocolate I can add cocoa which does not have many carbs, or vanilla extract or whatever. I also bought some almond ‘milk’ it’s very low in carbs and again, unflavoured so no added sugar. We have egg beaters here too but I have never used it, opting instead for regular old eggs. I do have egg whites though, maybe I will use them and see how it turns out.

Hope, so sorry to hear you are having a fibro ‘episode’. I must admit since I cut all the crap out of my diet I am feeling better. I still have the ‘general malaise’ fibro feeling, but have not had too much brain fog or a bad flare up – so far so good!

That’s it for me – I have to get up early in the morning. See you all here tomorrow!

<1400 calories: M: 1523; T: 1455; W: 1412; T: 1519; F: 1299; S: 1384
Net Carbs < 20: M: 57.3; T: 31.6; W: 28.9; T: 18.0; F: 15.8; S: 19.7
Water >64(oz): M: +50; T: +50; W: 50; T: 45; F: 60; S: 50
exercise: M: 1st day back @ work after holidays; T: yes walking!; W: no, busy busy day @ work; T: no; F: no; S: some gardening
Old 07-21-2012, 04:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by catebert
Hi everyone!

Was much too tired last nite to post anything, so here are my numbers for yesterday and today. Finished my 2nd full day on induction and obviously it’s working – the scale is finally moving again and I am down to 161!

Amazing pics Mike!

Mern, can you post the ‘recipe’ for the shakes? I bought some whey powder – just the plain unflavoured so that I can use it in baking and other things. I figure if I want chocolate I can add cocoa which does not have many carbs, or vanilla extract or whatever. I also bought some almond ‘milk’ it’s very low in carbs and again, unflavoured so no added sugar. We have egg beaters here too but I have never used it, opting instead for regular old eggs. I do have egg whites though, maybe I will use them and see how it turns out.

Hope, so sorry to hear you are having a fibro ‘episode’. I must admit since I cut all the crap out of my diet I am feeling better. I still have the ‘general malaise’ fibro feeling, but have not had too much brain fog or a bad flare up – so far so good!

That’s it for me – I have to get up early in the morning. See you all here tomorrow!

<1400 calories: M: 1523; T: 1455; W: 1412; T: 1519; F: 1299; S: 1384
Net Carbs < 20: M: 57.3; T: 31.6; W: 28.9; T: 18.0; F: 15.8; S: 19.7
Water >64(oz): M: +50; T: +50; W: 50; T: 45; F: 60; S: 50
exercise: M: 1st day back @ work after holidays; T: yes walking!; W: no, busy busy day @ work; T: no; F: no; S: some gardening
Cate, so sorry to hear you are a fellow sufferer. What crap do you cut out of your diet? What kind of diet? Low carb? Also are you on any meds or special treatments? Sorry for the third degree but I am curious.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:12 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by judipurple
when Dh & I were still dating, we spent a week down in SC on the coast
where at on the SC coast? if you say Myrtle Beach I may gag. it's "the" beach in SC, and being a SC native I hate it. It's way too touristy. I prefer Charleston and the islands.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.