Notices

7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya?

Old 07-17-2012, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

I decided not to post goals this week because it would be a futile effort. DS has swim lessons every night this week, and we have friends coming to town from TN for a few days, and I plan to cook and not worry too much about a super healthy meal plan (for a few days only). We also have a birthday party to go to tonight, and I know they are serving burgers and potato salad. Being out at night for the swim lessons often leads to "let's just pick-up something on the way home" mentality which is either very unhealthy, or very expensive... neither of which helps me sleep at night.

But I plan on limiting portion sizes, avoiding fast food, being mindful to include fruit and veggies for each meal, and keeping up with H2O.

Happy Tue everyone! Ama

PS - There is a cold front moving thorugh Northern California. Ususally it is in the 100 degree + range this time of year, but today I am wearing a jacket because it is so cold, and it rained last night... really weird!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

Regarding the pesto, Ama, I usually freeze it in small plastic or glass containers - but I pour a thin layer of olive oil over the smoothed surface before covering and freezing. I keep hearing how you "shouldn't" add the cheese if freezing the pesto, but I have never run into any funky flavor issues.

Hope that helps!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm in too!

Hi Everyone,

I'm in again this week, but starting today! Yesterday was my first day back at work after being off for a week, and I forgot my lunch at home. Did have an avocado which I ate, and some wheat crackers (too many carbs!), but around 3:30 my BS was 4.5 and going down. I ended up eating a couple of candies to tide me over til I got home, and then overate at dinner.

I'm back on track today though, and will post later when I get home. Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Didn't log yesterday but it was bad. Fast food and homemade mac n cheese and a chocolate covered marshmallow thing in one day. No exercise. Not enough water. Forgot my vitamins. A better day today, hopefully!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
I decided not to post goals this week because it would be a futile effort... But I plan on limiting portion sizes, avoiding fast food, being mindful to include fruit and veggies for each meal, and keeping up with H2O.
Way to go, Ama!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

Spent the entire day cleaning, scrubbing floors, cleaning bathrooms and doing wash... ugh. I guess I can say that I got my exercise in! But, it's all in preparation for taking off this weekend for Mackinaw Island and the yacht race. It's the largest fresh-water yacht race in the world from Chicago to the island (somewhere around 300 miles). My nephew will be continuing family tradition as one of the sailing crew. (My dad sailed the race for many years as part of a huge crew.) It's really breathtaking to see all of the sailboats, yachts and schooners racing into port. I think it's been going on since the late 1800's. Also will be there to drop off my daughter to spend a week with her new roommate's family. Looking forward to some fun.

The heatwave seems to be over for us... I don't think it will even reach 80 today and there's a nice breeze. Maybe that's why I have so much energy! Everything is finally starting to feel caught up from spring.

Spoke to my mom last night and things seem to be going a lot smoother. I think it was just a big transition. Hopefully, things will remain calm for awhile... fingers crossed.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:09 AM
FitDay Member

I'm still around. doing well food wise, probably won't be able to post updated goals today cause I left my laptop at WHN's house. will do an update for Tuesday/Wednesday tomorrow night.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, kudos on all the exercise. Wishing you a great time at Mackinaw Island this weekend. Glad your heatwave is over. Our weather forecast was wrong again--we were supposed to be out of the heatwave but it got up to 102 in the shade again today. So glad things are going smoother with your Mom.

Tori, hang in there! Kudos on doing well foodwise!

I'm doing OK on food and water but haven't exercised. Did make some chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffins to keep myself from junk food temptation and accidentally left out the Splenda artificial sweetener. BUT they've got whey protein powder in them (which has some sweetener in it) and I learned that's actually enough sweetener for me--tastes like dark chocolate mocha instead of just chocolate mocha, so that's even yummier to me. PLUS leaving out the Splenda saves me two whole carbs per muffin. A yummy dark chocolate muffin for only 1.7 net carbs!

Last edited by Mern; 07-17-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Calories are in check, unless I decide to make zucchini bread or zucchini chocolate chip cookies tonight... Carbs for the day were through the roof!

Health and Fitness:

1. Calories between 1000-1200. Under, Yes
2. Minimum 80-90 oz. fluids daily. Yes, Working on it...
3. Minimum 3 fruits and veggies a day. 5, 5
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
5. No breads for breakfast or lunch. None, None
6. Walk daily. Too hot, Yes

Personal:

1. Finalize itinerary for backpacking trip. Working on it.
2. Convince myself that it's ok for me to take a week off for selfish pleasure and that everyone will survive. lol Working on that, too.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:58 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, you certainly do deserve time off for R&R--you EARNED it for SURE! Kudos on your goal achievements today. I love zucchini bread but zucchini is borderline high carb for me and I would not be able to resist eating half a loaf one one sitting. So what are you going to do to celebrate your birthday on the 19th? Is part of your birthday celebration the trip to Mackinaw or is that just regular vacation?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.