Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In? >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In?

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In?

Old 07-10-2012, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

A day late and a few dollars short....I haven't made any specific goals this week, cause I just can't think of any. So I'm just going to keep it simple. Keep food under control, workout when I can. That's really it.

Food the past two days hasn't been insane but not great either. I didn't do jack last night 'cause I fell asleep at 8pm, but I did get 3 miles in tonight. During the first mile, I kept checking my time to see if I'm making any headway and I am. Mile 1 was 15:30, which is typical, I'm always slowest on my first mile. Mile 2 was at 14:30 and Mile 3 was 14:07! I keep thinking back to when I first started and I was pushing it to get in 1 mile in 30 minutes, much less 2. I would have walked longer tonight, but the lightning was getting bad so I wanted to get in before the storm started.

I'll try and catch up with everyone tomorrow. I'm off and have no real plans on anything but going to the post office to mail WHN's birthday present.

NIGHT Y'ALL!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

WELCOME Judi! We're always happy to have one more in the fold.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:03 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Nobe! You could dump out all the conditioner into your own bottle, and fill her bottle up with the cheap stuff... do you think she would notice?
Old 07-10-2012, 04:07 PM
FitDay Member

Cate - without fail, the kids always show up with only the underwear and socks they have on so we have to buy them all new. And always lots of pajamas but hardly any day clothes. And they'll show up with only stupid shoes like plastic heels so we need to buy new sensible shoes. And their mom is an idiot so his 10 year old daughter always has stuff like string bikinis that we have to throw in the garbage. Then of course she needs a new bathing suit.

Funny, too, that their mom is so "poor" but we've never seen them wear any of the clothes we send them. It's all cheap looking (but not cheap) neon polyester junk. I guess her kids are too good for secondhand Gap and Mexx and Eddie Bauer that actually makes them look like they have some class. My kid's clothes are all brand name but thrifted - I guess that makes me a terrible mother.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:13 PM
FitDay Member

Ama - I don't think the kid's observant enough that she'd notice if I poured it down the drain right in front of her, although I'm sure her mother can sense drugstore toiletries from 10 miles away. I'm sure though that I could just take some before she leaves and they'd just assume she used it. Good thinkin'!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Goals week of 7/9:
Find time to exercise every day. N, Y
Find a way to enjoy exercising every day! N, Y
Try a new group exercise at the Y. Not yet.
Stop making excuses… N, Y
Be brave and cut off a ton of my hair at Tue appt. 1/2 brave - a lot came off, but not as much as could have.
Decorate the weird space above my fridge/stove. Vase, baskets? Looks weird with just a happy Buddha up there. Not yet.
Drink plenty of H2O (esp while exercising!). Y, Y
Work on my positive attitude… Birthday #40 is 2 months away and geez… maybe I am getting a little restless before kissing my 30’s goodbye?!?! Y, Y
Find one day at home each week without DH and DS – ME time! Not yet.

Stay Cool Everybody! Ama
39yo, 5’6”

Maintaining with a vengeance!
Old 07-11-2012, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

1) 1650 cals max, 1664, 1764
2) stretch every day, ? yes
3) some form of exercise 2x this week: no, no
4) 64 oz water: ?, 64
5) one hour writing min 4x this week, no, YES real writing and editing, woo hoo
6) try to stay sane: very difficult, YES Good day

Got some green in there, hoping for more and better today. DD is having a pool party here so I am hoping to be good with the calories; it'll be tough. Then again, there will be some lower cal options: shrimp skewers, veggies and dip, etc. I won't eat the homemade mac and cheese, or the cookies and ice cream. I won't, you hear me? Won't.

With all the stressful stuff that's been going on, the best thing is that DD has made some very nice new freinds and they have been here a lot. Her other very troubled friends have been vindictive and mean but we are hoping for peace and positive times.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes, T: only 84oz,
2. 5 Fruits/Veggies daily M: Yes even if some of them were part of a huge sandwich!, T: Yes,
3. Walk on lunch (except Monday...lunch with the hubby ) M: Day off, T: Yes (2-1/4 miles in 37 mins),
4. Exercise 3 times M: Nope, T: Nope, W: Yes (42mins),
5. Weigh and post it M: 237.0lbs, T: 237.4lbs (not bad considering how I ate yesterday), W: 235.4lbs (now to keep this number),

Life Goals ...
1. Water garden daily M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. Water houseplants (I neglect them) M: DONE!!
3. Keep laundry caught up, it felt good last week! M: Yes, T: Yes,
4. Take compliments without putting myself down as a reply M: Yes, about 6 times today!, T: Yes, this one was hard today (see below),

On the compliments issue...I was walking yesterday and a female coworker who I don't know very well but get along with walked past me. She looked me up and down and smiled and just said "You are so pretty!" It took me a few seconds and a nervous laugh before mumbling "Thank you." That one really caught me off guard. I am used to the "looking good" or "how much is it now" but just "You are so pretty!"...I recovered though. When I told my hubby about it last night I said that I don't view myself as pretty. Thinner? Yes. Healthier? Yes. But Pretty? No. He just shrugged and said "That's your problem then." .... And please please please don't take this as your cue to all say that I shouldn't feel that way. This is in no way a plea for attention. I just hope that by putting it out there in writing that it may help someone who isn't brave enough to write it down but is reading along.

Reached down into the 235's again today. Now to try and keep it there. I dipped there last week but bounced back to 237.

Quinn ... 3 hrs of car cleaning is a workout in itself. I never thought about doing it but my carpet scrubber has a really good attachment I could probably do my vehicle carpet with. Hmmmm.....

Mern ... Why so tired? Everything okay?

Nobe ... I have used conditioner to shave with before too. It does work well. It is a shame that those kids haven't been raised better than they are. Would your hubby have an interest in trying to gain custody of them? I know they would be better cared for at your house (after they are done hating you).

Cate ... Nice to see you found some rice that you can fit into your plans and not affect your blood sugars.

Hope ... Push through it girl. You know that you won't feel better if you give up. And you know how to get hold of me if you need to talk. I'm always around somewhere.

Judi ... Welcome! Nice first post and congrats on getting into the 100s. I am hoping to get there around Christmas this year too!

Tori ... Walking is good. Your speed is nice too. What's going on that you seem so distracted lately? Everything ok?
Old 07-11-2012, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
DD is having a pool party here so I am hoping to be good with the calories; it'll be tough. Then again, there will be some lower cal options: shrimp skewers, veggies and dip, etc. I won't eat the homemade mac and cheese, or the cookies and ice cream. I won't, you hear me? Won't.
Just remember that the fattening foods will only taste good for a moment but will make you feel guilty for hours.

Goals:
1. Do my weight training 3 times Y, Y
2. Eat an average of less than 1400 calories. Y, Y
3. Get at least 80 grams of protein a day from real food. Y, Y

Non-health related goals:
1. Find my house. We were very busy on the weekend and the laundry is undone and there appears to be stuff everywhere. It's getting worse...
2. Convince my mother that I am okay. (My sister lost a bunch of weight and then had a nervous breakdown. Now my mom is phoning me every day to make sure that I am not losing my mind. Seriously, I feel great!)Good news on this front. She called me last night and we talked about other stuff. Maybe it's blown over?

On the good news front, not having a shower and having to go to the gym everyday to do so means that I actually did 45 minutes on the treadmill last night! After all, I was already there, I should do some kind of exercise.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Ama ... Sorry I missed you in my last post. Cutting hair off is a touchy subject for me too. I usually end up just getting a trim and my layers put back in place. Mine is about bra length right now. I like it longer but it gets so grown out looking.

Hope ... Glad to hear your DD is moving on with a new group of friends. That is a positive step forward and can only lead to better things when she goes off to school. At least you know that she is seeking out acceptable social relationships.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.