Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In?

Old 07-10-2012, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I am still having a tough time knowing what my ultimate goal is. I am tall and I feel that I am not a small build person. I guess I will figure that out as I continue on. I have this fear in the back of my mind that I could get thin but then would be built like a man, LOL! I think it is because I notice when I stand next to another woman who is about my height I feel broader than they are. These stupid self-esteem issues are the worst. I am getting better about dressing in a way that accentuates what I have. The only thing is that I soon need to shop for more tops. I have mostly been making due with what I have had since before I started and most of them are fitting pretty close to looking like a sack now. I have concentrated on pants and let the shirt department go. I guess my next shopping trip will be for tops. Oh...and I used to NEVER EVER wear skirts and now I do 2-3 times a week. They just seem to fit me better than most pants right now. Dress pants are too big on my legs for the most part.
I strongly doubt you will look like a man! You look lovely and feminine in that top. Good luck with the shopping. I hate clothes shopping (even when I was a skinny teenager I hated clothes shopping).

Anyway, goals:

Can I join? My goals for the week are:

1. Do my weight training 3 times M: Yes
2. Eat an average of less than 1400 calories. M:1150
3. Get at least 80 grams of protein a day from real food. M:Check
4. Figure out what I am going to do during the week of the 23rd for a gym (my new gym won't be open for another week and my old membership is expiring) Done. (You can buy a weekly pass for an exorbitant fee at the old gym. Worth it to keep up my weight training schedule.)

Non-health related goals:
1. Find my house. We were very busy on the weekend and the laundry is undone and there appears to be stuff everywhere. M:Started? Laundry is still a mess. The rest of the house is approaching normal.
2. Convince my mother that I am okay. (My sister lost a bunch of weight and then had a nervous breakdown. Now my mom is phoning me every day to make sure that I am not losing my mind. Seriously, I feel great!) M:She only emailed me so maybe I am getting through?

I continue to regret the carb-laden pizza I had on Sunday. I am starving all the time. It's not making this easy...
Old 07-10-2012, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

PerfectParanoia ... Thanks for your comments. I have just seen some women in my time that were very manly I guess. LOL ... Good luck convincing Mom you are okay. I have an aunt (more like my mom that my own mother ever was but that's another story) who worries that I have gone too far. I guess hearing that someone has lost over 90 lbs puts you in the mindset that they must be wasting away to nothing by now. So I periodically send her pics of me so she can see that I haven't wilted away. I sent her the pic that I posted here yesterday and she was very proud.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

April, you've made great progress! Looking good!!

I'm having to change up my goals for the week. I'm having some issues, such as dizzy spells, etc. I just want to be sure that It's not diet related since last week was a pretty big change for me. I'm not giving my pass to go crazy, so no blasts. I'm just going to try not to be so critical on my diet.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Smile A Newbie Trying Once Again

Joined Fitday yesterday, strted with the Newcomers Area and was reommended to this Thread also--here I be. My smallest goal to achieve right now is 15-20 pounds before or at Sept 13--Husband and I are going on Vacation-also Birthday--his, Anniversary in Branson and would like to loosen the seatbelt alittle--ha ha--I have been to every site imaginable ad am determined to stick it out right here. So, heres to a new beginning for everyone. Nancy
Old 07-10-2012, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Mike! I hope your adjustments to your diet chases away those dizzy spells.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by CRAZYNAN68
Joined Fitday yesterday, strted with the Newcomers Area and was reommended to this Thread also--here I be. My smallest goal to achieve right now is 15-20 pounds before or at Sept 13--Husband and I are going on Vacation-also Birthday--his, Anniversary in Branson and would like to loosen the seatbelt alittle--ha ha--I have been to every site imaginable ad am determined to stick it out right here. So, heres to a new beginning for everyone. Nancy

Welcome to the women's corner!
Old 07-10-2012, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

1) 1600 calories or less - 1398
2) move - lots of walking/playing at the playground
3) 64oz water + - 64oz
4) 20% protein - 19%
5) vitamins - no

6) post one good thing that happened every day - had yummy salad with dinner that included greens and peas from the garden
Old 07-10-2012, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

April - lookin' good, lady! You should be very proud of yourself!
Old 07-10-2012, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

I swear I'm still on the wagon with y'all! I ate supper last night and sat down on the couch. the next thing I knew i was waking up at 11:30. I will try to stay awake long enough this evening to post my goals
Old 07-10-2012, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here--multiple necessary small household chores today and now am headed to the grocery store. I'm on track with food and water but haven't exercised yet.

Welcome Nan!

Will catch up later. (Hmm, I said that last night and still haven't.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.