Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In?

Old 07-12-2012, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for your kind words April, Ama and Hope - my eldest son took it hard - it's tough for a 21 y.o. admit he cried over the kitty. A really good kid.

::deep sigh:: OKAY! On to the rest of this Thursday:

Since the spirit was a bit lower than usual (and this is one of my 'off' days for my 5k), I spent a good portion of the day in the kitchen. In spite of the close contact with tempting carbs, I really wasn't majorly tempted. Humph- seems kind spooky to not see those cravings pop up - after all these years! I had taken out a pot roast a couple days ago to thaw, and decided to cook it in the crockpot and make barbeque beef. Once that was going, did some chores around the house, canned the beans I picked yesterday (Dilly Beans - I made some with the chipotles I'd smoked this past winter). Spent some time with my other cats, and weeded a garden in anticipation of mulching. The heat is moving into the northeast, and it's making it tough to wanna move quickly.

The numbers were pretty good:
calories: 1,651 fats: 91.1g carbs: 72.3g proteins: 140.1g

I want to send out lots of positive vibes and energy to all the participants on this thread - as a newbie, I have some difficulty keeping names and stories straight - not to mention Mike's innuendos! So, for now, I'll wade into this whirlwind a bit at a time!

I'll be back in the 5k loop tomorrow - on Fridays I walk it with a girlfriend and her little pooch. Nice to have the company, but won't run it - just power-walk it.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Judi--I am SOOO sorry to hear of the loss of your kitty. I'm the self proclaimed Crazy Cat Lady of the group. My Jasmine is my heart. I have no kids, so I have her. I rescued her from the humane society, but honestly, I think it's she who rescued me. I can't imagine losing her. Please know you have my deepest and most sincere sympothy. The group is hard to keep up with at times, I've been struggling hard lately at keeping up because I've been so distracted. Know that we don't expect you to be able to keep up with everyone right away. And just think, some of the regulars are missing

Speaking of our regulars....AAAMMMYYYY???? LLLUUUVVVV???? JJJJHHHOOO??? Where are you guys?
Old 07-12-2012, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

Speaking of birthdays, we have a few coming up this month that I know of: Terri Taubele on the 15th, Quinn on the 19th (I think she'll be 82. LOL) and Pam Run/Bike/Ski on July 28. Any additions or corrections?

Judi, my condolences on the loss of your beloved cat. Whiskey was so lucky to have you in her life. Aw, I totally agree she needed to have her freedom outdoors. You and your son did well. It broke my son's heart when his beloved cat died--I think my son was about 27 then. Love is love no matter what the age of the humans and pets. Big hug to ya!
Congrats on your numbers and on your accomplishments yesterday. Our beans fizzled out in the heat wave. We eat young pinto bean pods as green beans and they are absolutely delicious--but I won't have enough to can. I couldn't help but giggle over your comment about "Mike's innuendos." He keeps us smiling most of the time. It is hard keeping people and their stories straight, but there's no rush. Sometimes we all get behind and I think we all understand. We all do have lives outside of this thread.

April, we have only tomatoes left in our garden. My beloved spearmint is dying out, but it'll come back again next year. Our grass is brown and crunchy. We're supposed to get rain this weekend--keeping my fingers crossed.

Quinn, that's wonderful that your scale started to move again.

Nobe, so sorry you're not feeling well. You tried really hard with the step-kids (trolls, Hope. LOL) and didn't get the rewards you deserved, but at least the kids were exposed again to the way kids should normally act and learn what should be expected of them as members of the family. Aw, that's cute about kiddo's snail. We have woods and a creek behind our house and every so often we let our 10 and 8 year old grandkids "borrow" a pet turtle for a day. They are really gentle with it and at the end of the day they have to return it to the creek. I don't think snails really care whether they live in a nice comfy jar or in the garden. I hope your little calorie overage yesterday was yummy. You did nicely on the other stuff. I went a little over on stuff today, but it wasn't horribly, either, and I don't regret it.

Perfectparanoia, I'd love to be able to keep up with this group, but it's just so hard sometimes. I didn't read about your sister's breakdown, but hope she is doing well now. I'm glad you're OK after you blood sugar plummetted yesterday.

Ama, good to be motivated to exercise more, but be careful to not overdo it. Remember it's safest to lose no more than two pounds per week on average. I did have fun shopping but didn't spend a lot. Got a new welcome mat for the front door; some paper products to donate for family gatherings following funerals at my church; some sardines in mustard sauce; and some looseleaf/filler paper. Stopped on the way home and got a garden salad with grilled chicken and an unsweetened ice tea and brought it home to eat with my own low carb salad dressing. Ama, don't be afraid of getting older--it comes with a lot of perks. Only thing I don't like at age 66 is that my nieces and great-nieces and nephews and adult grandkids think they need to take care of me at family get-togethers--being sure I have a beverage, food, a comfortable chair, someone to talk to. (Sometimes a bit of silence is welcome as we all know. LOL) They're very respectful but it makes me feel like I'm 96 instead of 66. My husband's uncle, now 86 and spry with a mind very sharp, laughs at me--tells me I'm nuts to not take advantage of the attentiveness of the younger kids. "Hell, sit back and ENJOY it! I sure do!" he tells me and then he laughs his head off.

Hope, wishing you less stress, too.

Last edited by Mern; 07-12-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mern
speaking of birthdays, we have a few coming up this month that i know of: Terri taubele on the 15th, quinn on the 19th (i think she'll be 82. Lol)
hhheeeyyy!!!!!!! lol
Old 07-12-2012, 12:09 PM
FitDay Member

Didn't sleep much last night, but I know that I should get going and get my walk in. (Note to self: No caffeinated coffee after 9 p.m.! ) Did pretty well otherwise today, despite the heat.

Health and Fitness:

1. Calories between 1000-1200. Yes, Under, Under, Under
2. Minimum 80-90 oz. fluids daily. Yes, Close, Over, Yes
3. Minimum 3 fruits and veggies a day. Yes, Yes, 2, Over
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. No breads for breakfast or lunch. None, None, None, None
6. Walk daily. Yes, No (Car cleaning.), Yes, Yes

Personal Stuff:

1. Start article for paper. Need info. Still need info. Ditto. Giving up until next week.
2. Call for eye appointment. Done
3. Compliment someone new every day. You never know what their struggles are. Kind of. Yes, No (Kind of crabby today... lol), Yes
4. Get quote for new tires. No, Yes

Last edited by quinnesec; 07-12-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Where are you guys?
You guys? Oh yeah that sounds like you're from the north! Hahaha it's "y'all" and don't forget it! I can hear you now "hey you guys, can you grab me some sauerkraut for my hotdog please?"
Old 07-12-2012, 03:39 PM
FitDay Member

OK confession time. I have to admit that I went to Wendy’s today and ordered a frosty. Just the frosty and nothing else - could have been a lot worse if I had the fries and burger to go with it, but I didn’t LOL – got a small one to boot! Probably torpedoed #162 and will probably see #163 back tomorrow, but boy was it ever good! Now hopefully I have ice cream out of my system for the next while…

So much news here today, but it’s already after 11 so my 2 cents are very short tonite.

Quinn, congrats on the scale moving. That’s gotta feel good, I know min did after almost a month without it budging.

Judi I'm so sorry to hear about your Whiskey. You should take some solace from the fact that you gave her the best home she could have and she knew she was loved and cared for. We too have a rescue cat that took refuge in our window well the winter before last. She was pretty wild and it took quite a lot to get her used to us and coming in the house, but she was pretty happy to be indoors this last winter – seeing as we are in the Great White North here, but she is always going to be an outdoor cat I think. Thankfully she sticks pretty close to the backyard.

<1400 calories: M: 1738; T: 1437; W: 1443; T: 1725
Net Carbs < 20: M: 23.4; T: 29.7; W: 23.0; T: 52.1
Water >64(oz): M: not even close; T: 28; W: ~28; T: 40
exercise: M: nope; T: shopping, chores; W: no; T: no, again
Old 07-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mmmm I could go for a chocolate frosty right now.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
You guys? Oh yeah that sounds like you're from the north! Hahaha it's "y'all" and don't forget it! I can hear you now "hey you guys, can you grab me some sauerkraut for my hotdog please?"
It's actually 'kraut, but I'll let it slide this time... LOL And no respectable person in my area would eat a hot dog when you could be eating a brat. (I actually have to start practicing my y'alls for a trip this fall.) There's different northern accents, too. NY is much different than mid-west north. The mid-west northern accent is mistaken for Canadian all the time. So here, it would go something like this... "Hey, you guys! Grab me some 'kraut for my brat, eh?"
Old 07-13-2012, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

I'm sitting on my deck with my morning coffee and a squirrel is dropping acorns on my head from the oak above... I wonder if squirrels can laugh??

Not much going on today... I'm hoping that I can keep my weight-loss going through the weekend. My usual pattern is to lose weight during the week, only to gain it back on the weekend. I'm in a good system, pattern or rhythm (whatever you call it) for losing right now and I hate to break my focus. I wanted to get my last 4 off by the 19th, but that's probably not going to happen. I'm certainly going to try, though.

Mike,

Doesn't your vacation start today?? Have a great time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.