Notices

New Here...Howdy!

Old 04-06-2010, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nrh322
I had my 39th birthday less than two weeks ago. I'm hoping to hit my goal weight before the big 4-0!! I saw that you have thyroid issues. I had a total thyroidectomy for papillary thyroid cancer back in '05...have a great endo down in the medical center if you don't already have on you like. I don't make it to Katy that often....that's a heck of a drive from here (we're about 15 minutes from the RenFest grounds), but it would be fun to meet half way every once in a while and go for a good mall walk or something. My husband and I keep a sailboat down in Kemah. It wouldn't seem like it, but you wouldn't believe the workout that is. We're always looking for extra crew! I've added you to my email contacts. Get in touch anytime. Best wishes, N
I have been diagnosised with hypothyroid since I was 19. It has taken me that long to basically gain 100 pounds. We shoudl meet up at the Galleria. I haven't been sailing in forever! You know I think my other half would enjoy that too.

Are you on facebook??
Old 04-06-2010, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, I'm on Facebook...right now totally addicted to Farmville too while I've got nothing to do but sit around on the couch waiting for my stupid fracture and knee to heal. We should be in Kemah on the 11th for sure (barring unforeseen circumstance)...we're supposed to drop my Mom off down at the Galveston cruise terminal around lunchtime for a freebie week long cruise she's going on. I'm not sure if we'll go sailing, but we'll at least stop in Kemah and check to make sure the momma duck hasn't built another nest on the boat! LOL
Old 04-06-2010, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, I'm on Facebook...right now totally addicted to Farmville too while I've got nothing to do but sit around on the couch waiting for my stupid fracture and knee to heal. We should be in Kemah on the 11th for sure (barring unforeseen circumstance)...we're supposed to drop my Mom off down at the Galveston cruise terminal around lunchtime for a freebie week long cruise she's going on. I'm not sure if we'll go sailing, but we'll at least stop in Kemah and check to make sure the momma duck hasn't built another nest on the boat! LOL
Too funny! I bet just running after the duck burns some calories. I will send you my facebook name. I am on that way too much and it's hooked into my blackberry. I haven't gotten into the games. Maybe I should check them out.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

Just emailed you.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by karrieanne
Too funny! I bet just running after the duck burns some calories. I will send you my facebook name. I am on that way too much and it's hooked into my blackberry. I haven't gotten into the games. Maybe I should check them out.

Don't do it!! Seriously!! Stay away from the games! It all started for me when one of my cousins posted this picture of the saddest looking little cartooned black sheep...it said something like, "won't you please adopt me? the other sheep don't like me because I'm different. " Well, being a total sucker for animals real and virtual I clicked on the stupid link and got roped into virtual farm management. I'm like level friggin' 37 or something now! First I had to have the pink tractor...then I had to have a barn...and then a little house...and so on...and now that I'm stuck doing mostly nothing but sitting in a chair for 2 more weeks and 5 more days it's gotten really bad. I sit and WATCH the VIRTUAL PLANTS GROW!!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

Just emailed you.
TOO FUNNY! I just sent you an email as well.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:04 AM
FitDay Member

Don't do it!! Seriously!! Stay away from the games! It all started for me when one of my cousins posted this picture of the saddest looking little cartooned black sheep...it said something like, "won't you please adopt me? the other sheep don't like me because I'm different. " Well, being a total sucker for animals real and virtual I clicked on the stupid link and got roped into virtual farm management. I'm like level friggin' 37 or something now! First I had to have the pink tractor...then I had to have a barn...and then a little house...and so on...and now that I'm stuck doing mostly nothing but sitting in a chair for 2 more weeks and 5 more days it's gotten really bad. I sit and WATCH the VIRTUAL PLANTS GROW!!

get off the juice man....get off the juice.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

get off the juice man....get off the juice.
ROTFLMAO!!

But if I quit, who will help my virtual neighbor (real friend) finish harvesting all the virtual grapes for her gold medal in her co-op??!!

On the other hand, I see your point!

I was weaning myself off of it before I blew out my knee...but between having nothing else to do besides sit around and read and watch tv and play on the computer (not to mention the fact I'm hopped up on narcotic pain meds and enjoy all the pretty colors more than usual!)....I'm thinking I might just keep on keeping on until I can walk again.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

ROTFLMAO!!

But if I quit, who will help my virtual neighbor (real friend) finish harvesting all the virtual grapes for her gold medal in her co-op??!!

On the other hand, I see your point!

I was weaning myself off of it before I blew out my knee...but between having nothing else to do besides sit around and read and watch tv and play on the computer (not to mention the fact I'm hopped up on narcotic pain meds and enjoy all the pretty colors more than usual!)....I'm thinking I might just keep on keeping on until I can walk again.

hmmm the pull to try it out is strong. Must fight it like the rebels on V.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

OH MY! I am in Katy. I just want to be back down to 200 and see what it looks like on my now. I feel like this is an uphill battle for me because I'm 38 about to be 39.
Sweet thing, I'm 41 staring 42 in the eye. If I can do this, so can you. So you want to get down to baby weight eh? My motivation is in that direction too, except we already have 3 kids!!! I just want to get in good enough shape to keep up with them - seriously....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.