Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12 >

The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12

Community
Notices

The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12

Old 07-02-2012, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

Another thing that's making me more angry than ever is that we often have to struggle to get by - we buy ourselves almost nothing; I shop with coupons; I buy most of the kiddo's stuff at thrift shops. I'm careful with money. The kids' mom is always throwing diva fits about not getting enough child support (she get's $600 a month. Plus $800 in family allowance, plus whatever she's making at her fancy government job. PLUS she doesn't pay rent). She uses the kids and says they're going hungry to try to get more money out of us. But whenever she sends hubby pictures of the kids, they're in some fancy restaurant or lounging by the pool at a hotel. And now they've come down here and they're wearing designer clothes; his daughter was talking about the salon where she got her hair cut (I haven't had a proper haircut in over a year), and I snooped in their stuff and found shampoo and conditioner with the price tags still on: $28 a bottle.

SO ANGRY.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

Oooh, I am so frustrated!
I don't think I've ever seen this side. Head up high... unless it rains!

Originally Posted by nobe
Mike - good to see you back on board! Now don't fall off the wagon in two days and you'll be fine
If I fall off the wagon within 2 days I'll shave my legs!

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
But im back in control now and determined to make this week a better one.
That's the attitude!

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Hey, Mike!

It's been 90-95* for a week at the small lake where the tournament will be held... I bet the kind of Bass I caught last year is probably growing extra big this year, right?? (...and smellin' mighty fine! lol) There's not enough booze in the world to do that again!

p.s. ...please send Purell
Oh no, that would be awesome. Fish that big wouldn't need to be mounted, it's probably around hard as a rock.

Originally Posted by Mern
OK, Mike, here are my goals:

Calorie limit 1500
Sat fat limit average 11% of total calories
Cholesterol limit average 250mg
Carbs plus fiber limit 25g
Protein average 120g
Fiber minimum 25g
Water 64 oz.
Exercise 5 days
Is that carbs MINUS fiber limit? I'm glad to see some goals for ya.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
Tori - that's great that things are going so well with WHN! When does he come back? And why are you feeding his sister? Sorry if you explained i already.
As of now he is scheduled to be home October 27. BUT, he put in for his terminal leave (like I know what that is ) and if it's approved he'll be home October 15. :fingers crossed: I wasn't feeding them every meal, I just like to cook. And I like having people to cook for. If I had it to do all over again I would probably have went to culinary school. And no worries, I don't think I had really explained it well.

Speaking of cooking, it's after 7 and I still haven't made supper yet (rare for me, I'm usually starving by 5). I think I'm gonna throw some chicken on the George and stir up some veggies. I'm gonna miss my workout goal today, because I have been dog ass tired for some reason for the past two days. I think it's a combo of the heat and there's a slight issue with my tummy (pretty sure it's a mild case of food poisoning). I may not get back on tonight to update goals, but I'll try
Old 07-02-2012, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I read that turkeys will actually drown themselves looking up at rain because they're not very bright. Is that true? Thanks for catching my mistake on posting my goals--yeah, I meant carbs LESS fiber. Hey, if I stay ON the wagon for two days I'll reward myself by NOT having to shave my legs.

Nobe, now I HAVE been THERE with my stepsons. I had a longer post to you about my very, very similar experiences in that area, especially always having to buy used clothing for our kids together whereas my stepsons got new clothes all the time including new gym shoes about every six weeks--not exaggerating. Money we sent for their haircuts would be used by her to get a manicure or a new purse, etc. But my intended post would only serve add fuel to the fire. Suffice it to say that when we talked to an attorney about it, he told us to just suck it up and meet her demands because she could take us back to court any time and ask for more child support and then we'd be worse off because we'd still be paying for all the haircuts, clothes, and whatever else they needed that the child support money was supposed to cover. But I'm 65 now, and can brag that I lived to tell about it. LOL Seriously, huge hug and best wishes to ya.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Nobe, so sorry to hear of all these difficulties witthe kids, who sound like they are acting out bigtime. It would be interesting to say Why are you not answering? and to see what she says. Not that it would work.

To answer your question, I do all kinds of writing. I was an environmental columinist; I also published articles on religion and women's health issues, wrote one acts (and longer) plays and had them performed by small theatre companies, etc. I recently did a reading of memoir pieces which is what I am working on now, as well as a longer piece of fiction.

Tracey, me heart goes out to you; no wonder you get angry and/or cry. You are only human. And as so many of us know, stuff with kids can break your heart.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday

Health/Fitness
1: log EVERYTHING, no matter what!!!~yes
2: 1100-1400 calories~1013 (I'm claiming it)
3: 100 oz water~104.5
4: clean eatin'~yes
5: P90X daily~no I feel like crap

Life/Work
1: spend more time with the Jassi Cat~yes
2: catch up on paperwork~no
3: change litter in box~no
4: enjoy the Fourth, but don't enjoy it TOO much
5: don't stress cause WHN has two 24hr duties this week and I won't get to talk to him AT ALL those days, pull up the Dora the Explorer panties and be a big girl about it~yes

ToriD1012 - free online diet and fitness journal

Last edited by ToriD1012; 07-02-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

I'll update tomorrow because I just got in and I'm on my phone. I freakin' rocked it today!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, are you calling me a turkey with that comment ?

Tracey, nobe, I'm so sorry you guys have kid stress. Please take care of yourselves and do what you know in your heart is right. You are both great moms; don't forget to be good to yourselves, too (said the pot to the kettle).

Tori, feel better soon! Get you some Jassi Cat purrs and all will be well. Does she seem to know when you feel bad? Mine always do, physically or emotionally; it's rather uncanny.

Goals, then bed. On schedule so far.

1. Calories 1200 or fewer. Yes
2. Follow my pie chart rules (balance, fats, fiber). Yes
3. Eat clean. Yes
4. Log everything. This means everything. This also means logging on Friday, and no "new goals for the weekend" because I blew it on Friday. Yes
5. Be active on FD and use it for support. Yes
6. Drink 2 jugs water daily. Yes
7. Average half hour cardio and half hour weights daily. I hour cardio
8. Sleep at least 7 hours per night. Yes
9. Keep in mind things happen for a reason, and what looks to be a big problem could actually lead to something better. Yes
10. Post something good about every day. Got the AP score back today and it was a 4!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:17 PM
FitDay Member

1) plan food: no which is why I failed at goal 11
2) 5 fruits and veggies: yes
3) stretch daily: yes
4) one hour writing 5x week: more
5) 500 words of "real" writing or serious editing: more
6) not feeling well with fibro but try to do some form of exercise 3x this week even if it's only in the house": home routine
7) try not to drink on July 4th (fibro again)
8) be kind, especially to DH who has been taking a lot of ca-ca from me lately: Yes
9) water, 8 glasses, come on: 6
10) get in touch with at least one "neglected" friend this week: Rosemarie
11) no more than 1650 calories with possible exception of July 4th but try to plan, even then: 1689
12) avoid sugar except possibly 7/4 : may have been some in soup and in sauce on store bought chicken but avoided egregious sugar
13) post something good about every day (stole this from Cassie but love it) DD has some very fun new friends (as well as a few good "older" ones and they have been hanging out at our house. Plus I did work today and didn't get totally discouraged by setbacks.

Last edited by canary52; 07-02-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, I read that turkeys will actually drown themselves looking up at rain because they're not very bright. Is that true? Thanks for catching my mistake on posting my goals--yeah, I meant carbs LESS fiber. Hey, if I stay ON the wagon for two days I'll reward myself by NOT having to shave my legs.
I like this. I would join you in the no shave reward if I didn't want to wear shorts on the 4th. But it's almost wnough to make me stick to my goals.

Tori, I hope you feel better. Your dinner plan sounded good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.