Notices

The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12

Old 07-02-2012, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
I still don't know what PCOs are; I just know Tori proudly owns a set of em.
PolyCystic Ovaries
Old 07-02-2012, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for starting us off Tori. I like the meaning of WHN either way

Mike ... are you ready to kick some butt this week?

Mern ... You better watch out. Your first week back and I do believe you fall into Mike's goal of pushing the next poster! We missed you greatly though!

Hope ... Quite a list of goals this week. I hope you meet them all! That would be awesome!!

Torre ... I don't know if I welcomed you back yet..in case I didn't.... WELCOME BACK!!

Cassie ... You have quite a list of goals this week too! I hope to see lots of "yes" in your reports!

I did pretty well this weekend after my fried foods fat fest on Friday for dinner. Back to the exact weight I was last Monday so I can deal with that. The 4th shouldn't be too bad at my house considering hubby will be at work so it will be mostly like a weekend day. I still may do burgers, hot dogs and potato salad for dinner that night that. Most of our 4th celebration will be Saturday the 7th. Oldest son's ex-girlfriend/still best friend is coming for dinner and then out to the fair and fireworks with us for the evening. I haven't decided what to make for dinner that day yet. My youngest is asking for homemade ham potpie...yes while it is 95* outside! Yesterday we had Thanksgiving in July (but with chicken) so I guess ham potpie is not out of the question LOL.

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100oz water
2. Walk 2 miles on lunch at work (except Wednesday)
3. Banish Fat Boost Metabolism Weds & Fri
4. Select different video(s) Thursday
5. 5 fruits / veggies a day
6. Carbs under 50%
7. Weigh and post it daily M: 237.4lbs,

Life Goals...
1. Water garden daily
2. Weed veggie
3. Feed snakes (yeah I know...EWWW! LOL)
4. Mop floors
5. Keep laundry done up
6. Read ... not on the internet
Old 07-02-2012, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in, whenever I'm able to, anyway. Same goals as last week.

1) 1600 calories or less
2) move
3) 64oz water +
4) 20% protein
5) vitamins

6) post one good thing that happened every day

First evening with the kids: C-

They haven't lowered themselves to answering me when I talk to them yet, and were embarrassingly rude when their uncle and aunt stopped by, and took over the tv and computer within minutes of arriving, but...they haven't been starting every sentence with "Daaaaaad, I waaaaaaaant..." and he seems to be laying down the law a bit, so we'll see how it goes.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
PolyCystic Ovaries
Oops, sorry. I hope you are doing OK; I saw on another thread that you have a lot of challenges with this.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe ... I am sorry. That sounds like a very difficult position to be in. I'd probably have to have a discussion with the hubby and explain to him how they are making you feel and have him sit down with them & you together and have a family discussion about the way things are to be in your family when they are there. Sorry but they sound like they are being very rude and immature.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

I told DH my goal was to be kind to him this week and he said only for a week? Gotta kinda love him; he really makes me laugh.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in! Two weeks of not really logging have left me wondering what the heck I am doing! Yesterday I went to my folks for brunch and I ended up eating 3.5 sweet rolls and 4 sausages, AND 2 mimosas... Now that's just nuts! My face broke out yesterday and my digestive system is still in fits 24 hours later... gotta pay to play! Sooo... I am back, and excited to start off a great week! Focus this week is exercise!

Goals week of July 1st:
Water - tons of it!
1500 - 1700 cal range:
Focus on whole foods:
Limit 1 glass of wine or beer/night (except Wed, I get 2):
Gym 2x:
10 push-ups:
20 jumping jacks:
50 sit-ups:
Stretching every day:

Ama
5'6", 39yo

Daily weigh-in: M-125.6
Maintenance weight range: 123-125
Old 07-02-2012, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Nobe ... I am sorry. That sounds like a very difficult position to be in. I'd probably have to have a discussion with the hubby and explain to him how they are making you feel and have him sit down with them & you together and have a family discussion about the way things are to be in your family when they are there. Sorry but they sound like they are being very rude and immature.
Oh, trust me...they've visited about 5 times now and we have the same conversation every time. The kids just don't give a crap. They know he's soft and that they can manipulate him and play us against each other and I always end up in trouble for being mean and critical. Last year he was cleaning their room for them and I told them (not yelling or anything) to go help him, and they both started crying and saying I was mean (a 13 year old BOY crying over cleaning his room!!!) and guess who got in trouble.

Their mom is a moron and the 45 weeks a year they're with her, she's trashing us, so it's hard to erase that when they come.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator

April, I'll be kicking butt and taking names! Now lets see if I can make it the entire week.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in just crazy busy today! I'll be back later tonight with my goals.

P.S..... Hi Mern!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.