Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12 >

The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12

Community
Notices

The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12

Old 07-07-2012, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

So far the weekend is going ok.
I brought the kiddies swimming this afternoon for a few hours and also included a longer walk to the bus stop than usual. Really helped me to relax knowing that i was doing something with the kids that makes us all happy.
My eating however has not been as good this week as previous but im trying to add in more exercises at the times i would usually spend sitting on my backside just watching tv and snacking!
I hope that i can also get in some kind of extra exercise tomorrow ahead of weigh in on Monday. All its done here in the uk is RAIN,RAIN,RAIN!!

For breakfast today i had a bowl of cereal and for dinner i made a vegetable noodle stir fry and had strawberries and yoghurt for dessert. Didnt have lunch because we were swimming but im sure i will have a healthy snack later whilst watching weekend movie with kids.
After them being worn out though with all the swimming and walking today- i be surprised if they last after 9pm!! Through the week they are asleep for 9 but i allow them an extra hour or so on weekends ans school holidays.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey, great job on your food, exercise, and quality time with your children!
Wishing you a drier weekend!
Old 07-07-2012, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks mern- the importance of being a happy mum means alot because if im not enjoying it for whatever reason than i cant interact the way i want to with them. I know it seems awful but my mind works in a very strange way sometimes alongside stress being the main culprit. Sometimes that means everyone else around me suffers because of me being so irritable and on tenderhooks. When my mind is in a happy place i can deal with things alot calmer and tend to be more patient.
I also believe that eating healthy foods has helped balance my mind and body too.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nobe
Awesome, Mike! It feels good to break out of a funk. And it feels good to get results from yard work. Great job on the 4 pounds! And sticking it out more than two days
Thanks. It's pretty bad when goal a full week becomes a big deal. Oh wait, I still have another day to go...

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, ditto what Nobe said--awesome job on both breaking your plateau and on your yardwork. Way to go!

We were supposed to get a break from the heat but our outdoor thermometer reads 103 degrees in the freakin' SHADE right now--in a place that never gets direct sunlight. Yesterday it got up to 102 here according to the weather channel. I am thankful our air conditioning in the house is working great. Decided to not go to the Y--will do an aerobic walking DVD in my living room.
I see your green light is on, I hope you are making the right choices today.

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
So far the weekend is going ok.
I brought the kiddies swimming this afternoon for a few hours and also included a longer walk to the bus stop than usual. Really helped me to relax knowing that i was doing something with the kids that makes us all happy.
My eating however has not been as good this week as previous but im trying to add in more exercises at the times i would usually spend sitting on my backside just watching tv and snacking!
I hope that i can also get in some kind of extra exercise tomorrow ahead of weigh in on Monday. All its done here in the uk is RAIN,RAIN,RAIN!!

For breakfast today i had a bowl of cereal and for dinner i made a vegetable noodle stir fry and had strawberries and yoghurt for dessert. Didnt have lunch because we were swimming but im sure i will have a healthy snack later whilst watching weekend movie with kids.
After them being worn out though with all the swimming and walking today- i be surprised if they last after 9pm!! Through the week they are asleep for 9 but i allow them an extra hour or so on weekends ans school holidays.
Eating has been my downfall lately. Ironically, this week my eating has been great but my exercising hasn't. Being on you backside in front of the TV can be a recipe for disaster. Try to keep yourself busy.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:06 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Everyone!

I'm around... just have a lot going on. Nothing bad; just stuff. I do have some exciting news... well, exciting to people like us who watch their food so closely! Daughter picked up a second job at a fruit and vegetable stand. Know what that means?? I get free fruits and veggies until she leaves for school!! Cherries, watermelon, beans, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, potatoes... pretty much anything you can think of. I'm so excited!! I spend sooo much on fruits and vegetables at the store. This is going to be great! And the owner said that she can have the job as many summers as she wants! Yea!!!!

Our heat wave has finally broken as well, thank God! I don't think I could have taken too much more of that without a/c. Hope you get relief soon, Mern!

Mike,
Great job climbing back on the wagon this week and moving the scale in the right direction. I've been eating well, but the scale isn't moving. I may have to go back into my old food logs to discover why. Nice work, Cupcake! (Or should I say Rum Cake! By the way, don't do that with the Rum Cake! lol)

Nobe,
I can deal with a lot from kids but wasting food isn't one of them. I have a culinary background where you use everything and I do mean EVERYTHING! Coupled with the fact that I had Depression era parents, and well you get the picture! That's why my fruits and veggie score is such a big deal to me. I plan on loading up my freezer for later, too.

Mern,
Although we weren't poor, you would think we were. My dad was a mechanical engineer with a specialty in automotive design, but because my parents were children during the depression, we weren't allowed to spend a dime unnecessarily or waste a thing. My parents were much older than those of my friends as they had me at nearly 40, so most of my friends were raised much differently than me. My parents taught me how to be happy with things that had no monetary value and to appreciate every single thing that we had, no matter how small. I'm so thankful now that I was raised like that. So many women my age are so materialistic, and they have raised their children like that as well. Kind of sad. Whenever my husband asks me what I want to do, I always tell him that I could have fun with him sitting on the curb, watching the cars go by. And it's absolutely true. lol (Although a bottle of wine makes it more fun! lol)

Well, some idiot near me has decided to continue the Fourth of July celebration through the 7th... ugh. I swear to God, if he blows off one more loud, obnoxious firework, I may have to hunt him down... lol My poor cat hasn't come out from under the bed in 3 hours.

Going to do some research on a possible vacation in a few months, if all continues to go well. Then it's off to bed.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

quinn
Old 07-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Health & Fitness
1) Keep total (not net) Carbs under 75g/day (green veggies don't count against me) 33.9, 36.1, 69.0, 58.2, 65.9, 44.1
2) drink a gallon of water a day yes, yes, yes, no, no (I have to do better here), yes
3) take vitamin daily yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
4) take fish oil daily yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
DONE 5) 2500 cals deficient for the week -686, -1066, -479, -446, -145,=1563 (3417 so far)
6) workout 3 times off, no, yes, off, no (slacking here too), no

Non Health & Fitness
FAIL7) Write 2 policies 0, 0, off, 0, 0 (I suck, I've been lazy)
8) to push/ encourage the next person to post here to meet their goals yes, yes, no , don't think I did, nope (Mern, your ass is mine this weekend!), yes

01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal

Quinniepoo, keep at it, that scale will start moving again! Oh the rum cake will happen.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

1) plan food: no which is why I failed at goal 11, yes, yes, no, no, yes but alotta good it did
2) 5 fruits and veggies: yes, no, no unless peach cobbler and rhubarb pie are considered as fruits, no? yes, yes
3) stretch daily: yes, yes, yes, yes, I honestly don't remember, nope
4) one hour writing 5x week: more, no, no, no, no, yes
5) 500 words of "real" writing or serious editing: more, no, no, no, no, no
6) not feeling well with fibro but try to do some form of exercise 3x this week even if it's only in the house": home routine, no, no, walk with DD, no, no
7) try not to drink on July 4th (fibro again) ummmmm 2 vodka gimlets and a beer but they worked medicinally believe it or not
8) be kind, especially to DH who has been taking a lot of ca-ca from me lately: Yes, yes, yes eventually, um? yes? didn't see him much, yes, eh
9) water, 8 glasses, come on: 6, 8, ?, ?, ?. ?
10) get in touch with at least one "neglected" friend this week: Rosemarie, Louise, Chris and Jim
11) no more than 1650 calories with possible exception of July 4th but try to plan, even then: 1689, 1240, 1846, between 1300 and 1400, 1980, a gazillion
12) avoid sugar except possibly 7/4: may have been some in soup and in sauce on store bought chicken but avoided egregious sugar, just what was on my fingers from baking and OK maybe a bite. 7/4 could not avoid desserts could not, Th) took a tast of a Tootsie Roll, spit it out, does it count? F)Ate 3 small horrible candies S) a taste
13) post something good about every day (stole this from Cassie but love it): M) DD has some very fun new friends (as well as a few good "older" ones and they have been hanging out at our house. Plus I did work today and didn't get totally discouraged by setbacks. T) Made fabulous cookies and brownies and didn't eat any. Really enjoyed watching Downton Abbey. W) great day with friends, made it to the parade, went from feeling awful like I couldn't even move or eat to feeling wonderful (and more than made up the eating...and drinking.) Th) Spent time with DD. F) great night with DH S) DD came home with friends.

Last edited by canary52; 07-08-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:14 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning ladies! Well I hopped on the scale this morning and I was up over a pound. I figured that I need to shock my body so today will be my cheat day. Yes, quinniepoo, the rum cake is in the oven.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Good morning ladies! Well I hopped on the scale this morning and I was up over a pound. I figured that I need to shock my body so today will be my cheat day. Yes, quinniepoo, the rum cake is in the oven.
I thought I could smell it!!
Old 07-08-2012, 08:30 AM
FitDay Member

The #$%^& weather forecast was way wrong AGAIN! We were supposed to get low 90s and it's 102 in the shade again as of 4:15PM. Last heat index I saw online said 106--and that was hours ago.

Quinn, I'm glad you got your break from the heat!

I did really well through dinner yesterday, even sitting for about 25 minutes juggling numbers to pre-log food and finally got them down so I would be all green. Dinner went well, but then before bedtime I rebelled and fell into a large bowl of Cheerios cereal with milk--but I used artificial sweetener, so that cancels out all the carbs, calories, and sat fat right? Uhm, my fingers are sore from typing this much so I can't log the cereal and post my numbers from yesterday.

BUT I am very well on track now--haven't logged but I've had very light, low carb, low cal meals today. Even made pulled chicken and low carb barbecue sauce from scratch and weighed out my portion. I'll have it on a low carb tortilla. The family will get full carb bottled sauce on theirs and eat theirs on hamburger buns/rolls.

But now I want RUM CAKE!!!!!! I do have some delicious low carb ice cream bars in the freezer--I'll grab that tonight--maybe even some naked (that's what we call it here not on bread) pulled chicken again later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.