FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   I need to lose 70 lbs! Anyone wanna be my buddy? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/774-i-need-lose-70-lbs-anyone-wanna-my-buddy.html)

oliviagilmore 04-05-2010 09:50 AM

I need to lose 70 lbs! Anyone wanna be my buddy?

I want someone who I have to talk to everyday. Some one who will hold me accountable and push me and I can do the same for them. I want someone I can text/email/facebook when I feel like Im gonna break. Someone who will get on here everyday and put in what they ate, how they exercised. I wanna share my success, my insecurities, etc. I am a 19 yr old airmans wife, I am unemployed and I have a 2 yr old husky who pushes me to walk him every day. I like yoga and I have a gym in my neighborhood that I never use, I also have a pool in my neighborhood that I never use. I live in california. I want a friend and a partner. Preferablly someone who has the same goals and interests as myself.

KristynBond 04-05-2010 12:14 PM

Hi, how are you? I would love to support one another and help each other through tough days. I'm 28, live in NH, and had a goal of losing 79 pounds. I'm down 27, so 52 to go! What I realized is that the first 20 wasn't so bad, but after that it's like pulling teeth. It's going SO slow!!!
I'm a huge dog person, and think huskies are great. I have a beagle and a black lab. My beagle is super fat, so he needs to exercise too! The problem is he doesn't like to run or play (compared to the lab who gets excited about everything).
When did you join fitday?

oliviagilmore 04-05-2010 12:29 PM

I joined a month ago but just started getting serious. Im going out for a walk with my dog right now. Do you have a facebook?

oliviagilmore 04-05-2010 01:27 PM

Also, I wanna try zumba, has anyone on here dont that? Looks like fun.

Luckygir15 04-05-2010 01:30 PM

Hi!!!

I just started this thing a week ago. I'm 26 and I somehow blew up to 210 lbs without even realizing. I used to be around 145 at my lightest and that's where I want to end back up. This is my first diet and first attempt at loosing this horrible weight. I'm 5'9" and I carry it mostly in my hips and thighs ie the pear shape.

I live with my boyfriend and I'm also unemployed thanks to the economy :(

I really want to do this to not only get back in shape but also so I can feel better about myself and fit back in my wicked small dresses that I can't zip up anymore.

Part of the reason why I ended up like this is because I LOVE chocolate, bread...everything that is unhealthy to eat. My boyfriend is also extremely obese...very big guy...think huge football player... and he easily eats 4x's what I eat in a single meal which somehow got me eating more than what I should have been eating in the first place.

Anyways, I would love to be your buddy! We need to get our butts back in shape!!!!

oliviagilmore 04-05-2010 01:46 PM

Do you have a facebook?

amylee32 04-05-2010 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Luckygir15 (Post 7640)
Hi!!!

I just started this thing a week ago. I'm 26 and I somehow blew up to 210 lbs without even realizing. I used to be around 145 at my lightest and that's where I want to end back up. This is my first diet and first attempt at loosing this horrible weight. I'm 5'9" and I carry it mostly in my hips and thighs ie the pear shape.

I live with my boyfriend and I'm also unemployed thanks to the economy :(

I really want to do this to not only get back in shape but also so I can feel better about myself and fit back in my wicked small dresses that I can't zip up anymore.

Part of the reason why I ended up like this is because I LOVE chocolate, bread...everything that is unhealthy to eat. My boyfriend is also extremely obese...very big guy...think huge football player... and he easily eats 4x's what I eat in a single meal which somehow got me eating more than what I should have been eating in the first place.

Anyways, I would love to be your buddy! We need to get our butts back in shape!!!!

Luckygirl, I loved your post! I agree so much!! I too am a recovering "chocolate and bread addict" haha. When I first started this, I seriously mourned over the idea of little to no chocolate or bread. I always used to joke that my dream vacation was a trip to Charlie's Chocolate Factory. :)

Olivia, I like the buddy idea. I think the more buddies, the better! We need all the support we can get!

Good luck girls, I know we can do it!

KristynBond 04-06-2010 01:23 AM

Hi everyone! Unfortunately, no, I don't have facebook. I tried it and didn't like it. :-)
But I would love to touch base with you guys and support one another.
And yes, I have tried zumba. I love it! I look like a total idiot, but it's great. I've also been doing step aerobics a lot. And my favorite thing to do at home is my Pussy Cat Dolls Workout video. It kills your butt and legs.

oliviagilmore 04-06-2010 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by KristynBond (Post 7672)
Hi everyone! Unfortunately, no, I don't have facebook. I tried it and didn't like it. :-)
But I would love to touch base with you guys and support one another.
And yes, I have tried zumba. I love it! I look like a total idiot, but it's great. I've also been doing step aerobics a lot. And my favorite thing to do at home is my Pussy Cat Dolls Workout video. It kills your butt and legs.

Sounds like fun. I have the biggest loser workout dvds. (yoga, cardio, and power sculpt) I need to motivate myself to do them. I did a while back but I was doing all three every day and it killed me so I guess Im afraid to start back up.

I know I just need to try one a day, Im just putting it off.

I also have this really nice dance workout dvd but it is so hard and fast I cant keep up, makes me feel really really out of shape.

I never thought I would have to have a workout dvd to fit in to when Im skinnier... I mean I save clothes but this... =]

Luckygir15 04-06-2010 04:24 AM

So I just weighed myself (it's been one week today) and I lost 2 pounds!!!! At least it's something!

I was wicked tired last night. Instead of driving to the bank like I normally do, I decided to walk there instead...2.6 miles altogether. Maybe I should do that more often??? There's also a shopping complex there with a TJ Max. I'm just so out of shape I might not be able to walk home after I get there and shop, lol

I DVR'd some shows on FitTV, so far I haven't watched them yet....but I plan to soon! I just need some motivation. I did do the "shimmy" belly dancing actually which must have made me look hilarious.

I do have Facebook by the way!!!

EMS1981 04-06-2010 06:09 PM

Hey there...

I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to lose 65lbs all together and so far I've lost 9lbs. My hubby has been my biggest base of support but sometimes I feel that he doesn't understand my struggle since he's a thin guy. My problem is my sweet tooth and my love for baking. I'm trying to watch my caloric intake but I haven't been doing a good job lately. I have been exercising though which has prevented me from gaining any more weight. I don't work either because I'm trying to finish up school. I don't have any pets that I can take for a walk because I'm allergic to them. Anyways enough rambling on I just wanted to join you in your struggle.

I'll try my best to get on here everyday. :D

Starting Weight: 215lbs
Goal Weight: 150lbs
Current Weight: 206lbs

Amy0x 04-06-2010 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by oliviagilmore (Post 7617)
I want someone who I have to talk to everyday. Some one who will hold me accountable and push me and I can do the same for them. I want someone I can text/email/facebook when I feel like Im gonna break. Someone who will get on here everyday and put in what they ate, how they exercised. I wanna share my success, my insecurities, etc. I am a 19 yr old airmans wife, I am unemployed and I have a 2 yr old husky who pushes me to walk him every day. I like yoga and I have a gym in my neighborhood that I never use, I also have a pool in my neighborhood that I never use. I live in california. I want a friend and a partner. Preferablly someone who has the same goals and interests as myself.

Hi Olivia,
I am also 19 - and need to lose around 70 - 80 lbs.
I am no ones wife, however i have lived with my Fiance for 3 years now, you obviously love animals, and so do i. I have a dog, Cat, Rabbit and Guinea Pig.
I think i am going to exercise through swimming.

Anyways feel free to email me anytime - [email protected]
That goes for anyone. I have my email linked to my phone so i will always reply!

KristynBond 04-07-2010 05:15 AM

Luckygirl, that's awesome that you decided to walk instead of drive. That's something I definitely don't do enough. I live and work in the middle of nowhere, so I have to drive everywhere. Also, because there are so many fields and ponds and lakes where I live, I usually just take my dogs there and let them run around instead of walking them. I have been exercising regularly, but I'm sure walking would help a ton.

I'm down another pound today. That's 28lbs total, with 51 to go. God, that seems like it'll take forever!!!! My problem is that I might lose 1-2 pounds every week, but then I have at least one weekend pig out day where I gain some of it back. I guess the 51 wouldn't take so long to lose if every week I didn't have to make up that 1/2lb again!

MissLisaMonet 04-07-2010 05:22 AM

i just started today and i'm a 20 year old woman engaged to a big man whose content with my weight but i'm not. i was happiest at 135 and thats what i wanna get back to. right now i'm 175 and i really need someone who's gonna help me stay on track on days that i wanna eat a giant double quarter pounder meal and a mcflurry (with oreo's). i'd prefer to text or bbm (if you have bbm) but email and facebook are fine too. Good Luck!

timryanjosh 04-07-2010 06:37 AM

85 pounds to lose...

...and so far I lost 2. In a week. This is gonna take ages! But hey, it took me years to put on that much weight so it's only fair...

I'm a 24 year old business student from Germany. I'm 5' 7'' and weigh 206 lbs. The weight I was most happy with was at around 120 lbs. Trying to get back to that. Like I said it's gonna take ages but I'm serouis about it. Planed on eating more healthy before but there was always something that "kept" me from actually doing it. Moving, holidays, vacation, stress at work - you name it - I used every excuse known to man to not start losing weight. I didn't even try because I was so afraid I might fail. I really think I'm addiceted to bread and pasta. I could eat them all the time! So that's the 1st thing I cut down on. Over the last week I've been trying to eat more protein. So far so good...

I really like the idea of supporting each other and having a place to vent. I need people who are going to same thing as me and who are not just trying lose 5 lbs but serouis amounts of weight like me. Anybody interested?

p.s. Sorry for my bad spelling.

timryanjosh 04-07-2010 06:47 AM

Congrats on having lost almost 30 lbs already! I envy that. Knowing that you can lose weight and not give in to your cravings. It's nice to hear at least one of us has had some success already ;-)

airbabygurl 04-07-2010 07:46 AM

HEY! We are close!!!! Ready below

Originally Posted by oliviagilmore (Post 7617)

Hey oliviagilmore: I'm stationed at Travis AFB, CA. I'm Air Force and I'm trying to lose 100 lbs as well. I have an injury but we can def help each other! I have a pass to 24 hour fitness where I go and swim! I was 245 on March 2 now April 7 I'm down to 235! I've been trying to find someone around here to work out with (my husband works two jobs) so he rarely has time to come work out with me. I work everyday but I'm off by 4 and at the pool until like 6-7 I also want to start walking. I walked everywhere at Basic Training and that helped me go from 152 down to 126 i dont like being THAT small I feel better at like 145 but that's just me...I like having a butt and thighs! Haha but yeah since we're so close we just def talk and maybe help each other get down! We can create our own "biggest loser" and have a contest with each other! That's what a friend of mine did! They would weigh in every week and whoever lost the least lbs had to take the other out for dinner! Just thought that was cool...anyway you can email me at [email protected] or just write me through here. I check it all the time everyday! Keep on losing those pounds ladies!!!!

Start: March 2, 245
Now: April 7, 235
Goal Dec 31, 2010, 175

thursdayandben 04-07-2010 11:13 AM

Hi Everyone!

I just started tracking everything on this site 3 days ago. I am calling it Amy 2.1. I am in the Army. Pretty close to you airbabygurl. I'm stationed at Ft Irwin, in the middle of the Mojave Desert. I need to lose about 40lbs. Currently my command is trying to chapter me out of the service for my weight. About a year ago I began taking a medication that caused me to gain the 40 pounds in one month. I have been fighting ever since to get even 2 pounds of it off. Has this happened to anyone else? Do you have any tips to kicking my body into letting the weight go?
So being my first week, I am focusing on my eatting habits. I live alone, with my dog Ben, so cooking and healthy didn't really fit. But I am trying now. I went food shopping and stuffed my fridge with healther things.
I ordered power90, P90x without the X. I will let you all know how that goes once I receive it. Motivation to get my butt up is my biggest problem. Right now I work a desk job. So sitting all day does not help my cause.
Anyways, sorry for my rambelyness. I hope to help each of you and maybe get some support for you to keep me on track and stick with my amy2.1 goals. :0)

airbabygurl 04-07-2010 04:01 PM

Hey Thursdayandben, Yeah I delt with the same crap! After the Air Force diagnosed me with all my back issues; I started gaining weight like crazy! They put me at a desk job and I stopped doing PT and now I'm waiting medical discharge! It sucks because I love my job and was looking foward to retiring here! (even though that's a LONG time away!) But yeah I was the same way~ sitting not doing anything about it~ luckily you only gained that 40, for me it was 96!! Read my Menu and see if it looks like something you could do..I go swimming 3-4 times a week and it's been helping alot...down 10 pounds...If you click on the "food talk" you will find my recipe under "menus" maybe it would help! Keep us posted and dont give up!

mrs102297 04-08-2010 10:49 AM

Hi, Just4Kicks4Life!

I have just joined too, and at first I thought an online support group was a lot of junk, but I read a lot of your comments and I dont think that way anymore. Especially since I started writing down EVERYTHING I eat. I saw today I didnt eat enough like my trainer told me. Gotta exercise tonight on nothing, NOT GOOD. But I want to encourage others like I need to be encouraged. So lets get it on, do my way, JUST4KICKS4LIFE!

God Bless You All!
Moi

KristynBond 04-09-2010 08:11 AM

So...as we head into the weekend I know that usually at least one day a weekend I eat WAY over what I'm supposed to. Most of the time it's two weekend days. So my goal for this weekend is to only overeat one day at the most. Zero days would be best, but I'm trying to be realistic. :-)
Do any of you have a similar struggle on weekends?

disujo 04-09-2010 09:29 AM

Weekends are the worst! I'm super good during the week - but once Friday night hits - I'm a mess! I know exactly how you feel.

KristynBond 04-12-2010 03:20 AM

So...I didn't fare too well on my goal of not overeating this weekend. But, I am back on track full force today. If only I didn't spend every Monday and Tuesday losing the 1/2 pound I gained over the weekend!

EMS1981 04-12-2010 04:37 PM

KristynBond- I'm totally with you on the whole Monday and Tuesday losing weight thing. I'm usually pretty good during the week but on the weekend I splurge. I really need to limited it to one day out of the week instead of the whole weekend. :rolleyes:

__________________________________________________ _______________
Starting weight: 215lbs
Current weight: 204.2lbs
Goal weight: 150lbs

EMS1981 04-20-2010 02:44 PM

so what happened with olivia...?

tiffanyvought 04-21-2010 11:47 AM

Not too late....

I hope this thread is still up and going. I started on this site a few weeks ago, and wasn't sure about visiting the forums. I think it's hard for me to actually put it out there that I'm as large as I am. I'm sick and tired of being the "chubby friend." Nice friends, huh? So, this is it for me. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids. 2 boys and 1 girl. I LOVE food. I've started to change my idea of food and that's helping me a lot, read a bunch of good books about getting the weight off permanently, and found an awesome butt-kicking dvd to follow. I'm down 17 lbs, and I can't wait to wear a bathing suit again on vacation! Seeing a (1) in front of my weight is nice too... :P

Tiff

Starting weight: 210
Current weight: 193
Goal weight: 135

KristynBond 04-22-2010 05:08 AM

Hi Tiffany, how are you? We actually started around the same weight, and 135 is my goal too. It was coming off pretty fast at first, but it's definitely slowed down. At least it's still going down though!
Good luck with everything. This forum is great!

EMS1981 04-22-2010 09:50 AM

you ladies have been doing great. i haven't made the under 200 mark yet but i'm hoping it will happen soon enough. i would love to wear a bikini for once in my life. :) my first goal weight is 150 my next one would be 135.

__________________________________________________ ___________
starting weight: 215
current weight: 203.8
goal weight: 150

fly32407 04-22-2010 01:10 PM

Hi.

So I'm 16 years old and weigh more than you. I remember that as I got older, the numbers got older too. I hate it so I hardly even look at the scale. Most days I just want to crawl under a rock and hide away from the word, even my family. I wear a jacket and pants everyday to cover up my ugly body, and usually have my hair down too. I hate the way I look and I know that I have to work on not only losing weight, but gaining confidence and self appreciation. I would love to be in this support group if that's okay. I need someone to guide me and help me, like a mentor kind of. And i can help as well. I would be so grateful. Thank you.

Browneyez31 04-23-2010 01:13 AM

Ladies I am right here with you!

I am 25 and at my heaviest (two weeks ago lol) i weighed in at 180lbs! i am only about 5'4" and trust me you can really see that weight on my body, i have been neglecting myself for the past 7 years (since i graduated high school) and it finally hit me, just how bad I've let myself get.

I love this site, I really like being able to track everything i eat which makes me get a reality check and see how much junk i was eating, just knowing that i have to come back here and write what I ate, has made me make better choices.

For me is always a slow weight loss, i admire those women that can lose 5+ lbs a week but with me is always slower, I've done it before at one point (when I was 17) i weighed 155lbs and went down to 135lbs but it took me all summer to lose that weight, I know it will be a slow process I wanna lose about 50+ lbs but I have given myself until the end of the year to accomplish this goal

Starting weight: 180lbs
Current weight: 177lbs
Goal weight: 125lbs

tawickham2 04-23-2010 06:21 PM

Ok, so I am new to this site. I am way more than a little intimidated by it. I need to loose, well let's just say....a lot! I am 24 years old and this is the heaviest I have ever been. The serious weight gain started about 4 years ago. :eek: I work part time and I feel like I have no time for myself. If I do get time for myself the last thing on my mind is working out. I would rather paint my nails and watch tv. I love physical activity but now that my me-time is so rare, I would rather relax. My husband and I would like to start talking about having another baby. I know that is a lot more work....but there is no way I am getting pregnant when I weigh this much. I think my exercise level is moderate. I need serious motivation. First I think I need to wake up and smell the coffee, nothing is going to change unless I want it to so I guess here is my first step, joining this site. I hope there are a few of you out there that can be buddies with me and help me just a little. Text/talk/facebook...whatever, I just need a few buddies.:p

EMS1981 04-25-2010 04:01 PM

welcome to everyone. i'm on here everyday so i'll be a buddy to those that need one. :) my hubby has been my rock so i'm in for the long haul.

__________________________________________________ ______________
doing it a few steps at a time.

starting weight: 215
current weight: 203
goal weight: 150

Jennifer7890 04-26-2010 02:12 AM

Me Too!

Hi! I am 26 years old and after having 2 children I have gone up to 205 pounds from my pre preggo weight of 118. I would love to have a "chubby buddy" who could support me through my weight loss goals and who I could also help to motivate :) The more the merrier!

lboardman 04-27-2010 08:49 AM

Hi

I just signed up a few days back and I cant believe I never found this site before. Okay a bit about me. I am 28 5'9 and weigh 220 I am carrying 20 lbs from my first baby and an extra 50 from right before I had him. I would like to get down to 170 by next march if possible. 70 Lbs seems like a lot to me right now but I used to weigh 145 and feel bad about letting myself go

My first step was to workout three times a week and ALWAYS take the stairs.
I counted all the stairs in my house work and subway stations that I use everyday and I try to climb 500 everyday. So far been meeting that goal everyday I work.

EMS1981 04-27-2010 01:19 PM

welcome Jennifer7890 and lboardman. :D