Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!! >

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!!

Old 06-29-2012, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals ...
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: If not yes it was darn close,
2. Exercise 3 times (how hard is that?) M: No, T: No, W: 54mins with Jillian, Th: No, F: 54mins with Jillian,
3. Walk on lunch M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Had an appt, Th: Yes,
4. Fruits, veggies & dairy until dinner M: Yes, T: No (PB & Banana sandwich for lunch today), W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: No...I added .5oz ham and .5oz mozzarella and a hard boiled egg white to today's salad...don't feel bad about it
5. Weigh and post it M: 237.8lbs, T: 237.6lbs, W: 237.4lbs, Th: scale wouldn't settle on a number , F: 239.2lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Walk Chloe 1 time M: No, T: No, W: No, Th: No,
2. Water garden daily M: Yes - (think one of my cuke plants is dying, it's wilted), T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
3. Weed flower bed M: No, T: No, W: No, Th: No,

Where are my words yesterday about not experiencing my usual bounce yet? I should print them out so I can eat them! I figured with the scale moving around like it did yesterday that I was in for trouble this morning. Still under 240 so I'll take it though. .... I think I have been eating a bit too little during the day and leaving myself too hungry for dinner. So today I added half an ounce each of a no preservative ham and part skim mozzarella and a hard boiled egg white. Actually allowing my favorite croutons too. Only added just over 100 calories with those wonderful additions. I think my fat intake has been too low recently. I'm usually about 17-19% fat but that means my carbs are too high usually too.

Mike ... You need to find a new plan that you can get excited about. It sounds like you got bored and bored will get you nowhere. I know. I was bored a few months ago and stopped coming here. I stayed at my weight and lost a little but not like I do when I'm actively participating in something. I won't coddle you. I don't like to be coddled either. So get your ass in gear! We miss having you active on the thread and pushing us to meet our goals. At least I know I do

Joanna ... Your trip sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun! Much better than spending the summer in PA LOL

Jho ... I got that description pretty good just from the title of the DVD huh? LOL ... I'm feeling in my abs (??? Do I have abs under that blubber???) today a little. I could feel it coming on during my workout but kept going with it.

Quinn ... You sound like you are in a very good place right now too. I have to admit I am a bit jealous. I plan on some porch time with a book this weekend once all my housework and pet care is done for the week. Me, a blanket and a bottle of Hawaiian Tropic and a book (1st of the 50 Shades of Gray series) that all of the girls at work insist I must read have an appointment on the deck or maybe even in the grass. I love living where I can lay out and only be seen by those I live with.

Nobe ... I hope you took before and after pictures of your painting. I'd love to see them!
Old 06-29-2012, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

1.) Under 1400 calories/day - M: 1363, T: 2153, W: ~3000, Th: 1093
2.) Drink 64 oz. water/day - M:72 oz., T: 70 oz., W: over 64 oz. for sure, Th: 64 oz.
3.) Exercise 3-4x/week - M: N, T: Y, W: N, Th: Y
4.) Study 30 mins every day - M: 5 mins, T: 0 mins, W: 0 mins
5.) Post weight every day - M: 154.6, T: 158 (?), W: 158, Th: didn't have the heart to look..., F: 156
6.) Something good! - M: Issue that was giving me major stress over the weekend has been resolved, T: My "special friend" () brought wine and we watched Doctor Who, W: Biopsy was waaay less painful/stressful than I thought it would be, and I'm going to dinner with friends!, Th: Planned trains for Europe trip, lots of fun things

Just posting to update my weight for the day... Probably not going to register a loss this week, but given the week, I'm okay with that.

April - sadly the trip is only a week, but I've been enjoying my PA summer so far. I've done some hiking, went to Whipple Dam state park last weekend, and Dorney Park! So lots to do
Old 06-29-2012, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Cassie & Hope, I thought about joining this week but have been flaking out every week. Since I started this journey, hell maybe 3 years ago, I have yet to go through a bout as difficult as this. I think my mindset has totally changed. I need to get back to thinking of food as fuel. I haven't thought of it as fuel in quite some time, maybe a month or more. I want to... want to get my ass in gear. I need to change something, I need to change myself. I just need to want it as much as I should. I fear just giving up, because I'm not a quitter.

As usual, my diet has been my down fall. I'm still hitting the gym and staying active. I am just back to enjoying food and enjoying it too much. I think I may try to go low carb again. I know it'll be a huge struggle at first but after a few days I should be okay and actually be able to finish a full week.

The biggest thing, that's eating me right now (no jokes about ME eating everything) is that I'm afraid to lose y'all! I've seen so many people here come and go, and not return. I can't be that guy. I refuse to be that guy, I refuse to lose my family here.

I need to plan ahead again, I need to focus, I need to find the motivation. Most of all, I need your support. I don't need to be coddled, y'all know that that's not who I am. I think I've coddled myself long enough by telling myself that it's okay to eat whatever I want. I've convinced myself that I'm just to damn busy to succeed. That is all BS!

Sorry to babble. Just thinking out loud and throwing it out there.
Hey Buddy!

I won't let you give up! I've been having a similar struggle since January. I was going to PM you, but I thought it was important for those just starting out to know that no one ever really has this thing 100% under control for the rest of your life. Even people like us, who have been at it for a long time, hit very difficult struggles.

I had the best of intentions to enjoy Christmas with my family, eating all of our traditional foods, and then simply dropping the pounds in January. WRONG! I started out great in January, then all hell broke loose in February and I had no time for cooking and fell to the mercy of whatever people put in front of me or fast food. My 5-6 lb. weight gain from Christmas grew to 9-10. Got myself back under control once things settled down and brought it down to my normal + 5-6. All hell broke loose again a few weeks later... and well, you get the picture.

I know that I have been eating the wrong foods for the following reasons:

1. Stress
2. Comfort
3. Feeling sorry for myself (Why am I the only one my age dealing with all of this crap??)
4. Lack of time to prepare proper meals
5. Fatigue
6. Too many burdens being placed on me by family members
7. Lack of exercise due to time constraints

Within the last week, as you can see by the name of this thread, I have been correcting my patterns because "Gosh darn it... I'm worth it!" (Thank you Mr. Smiley!) My weight is now about +6 or 7, and here it is July... *sigh* But, I will not give up, and I won't let you either. Besides, we both look pretty darn good at our favorite weight! LOL

Let's stick together... when one or the other is being lazy, maybe a stern PM is in order. We don't want to go back to our "fat pictures", now do we???? lol (I sent some of mine to Mike a while ago, and they weren't pretty! )

Come on, Cupcake! Time for both of us to put ourselves first... not work, not family obligations. We are more important than all of those things. One thing that always works for me is baby steps. When I've really been rotten, I correct just one thing a week. This week, I'm mostly concerned with my food choices. Next week, I'll be more strict about snacking. Instead of being all or nothing, try tiny steps back to where you like to be. Then it doesn't seem so punishing.

We can do this, Buddy... we have many times before... it's just been a very looooonnnnggg slump for both of us!

quinn

Last edited by quinnesec; 06-29-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness/Lifestyle
1. Drink min 80oz of WATER! Y, N, Y, Y
2. PM workout - interval training - 3 days/week(at least)!! Y, Y, Y
3. Min 72 crunches/day! Y, Y, Y, Y
4. 5 Pushups (straight leg)/ 10 pushups (elevated)! Y,Y, Y, Y
5. Drink 1 tea/day! Y, Y, Y, Y
6. Check in min 2x/day! N,N, Y, Y
7. Think POSITIVE! (stealing this from you Hope) N, Y I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! Y
8. Green for the rest of the week! (Beginning Wed)

Mike - I have never seen you coddled in this group - whipped and beaten maybe but never coddled! You are right -That is all BS! j/k - joking aside I see that you are struggling and that you are close with the ladies in here and I think that is awesome (cuz they've kept you on track!) I agree with April that you need to get excited about something. But maybe its the challenge that you crave - maybe you need a good challenge for yourself to give you that push. Whatever it is - I hope you work it out dude!

April - I love Jillian "If you think you are dying, just push through it - its your body transforming!" Oh she makes me laugh! Completed day 2 - feeling it more (guess I'm just really really out of shape!) And doing the video again made me realize it wasn't the pushups - it was the overhead presses!

I will try to stay on track today but I'm headed to a pool party this afternoon where there will be lots of great food! I'll just do some laps in the pool for my workout! (even though my arms are killing me!) I've only been back for a week but I think I'm in for the long haul now - I feel great! Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday! Miss you Mern!
Old 06-29-2012, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

Besides, my Bass Fishing/Jello Shot party is in a few weeks... I have to look good when I have my picture taken accepting trophy #3!!! LOL
Old 06-29-2012, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jho82
April - I love Jillian "If you think you are dying, just push through it - its your body transforming!" Oh she makes me laugh! Completed day 2 - feeling it more (guess I'm just really really out of shape!) And doing the video again made me realize it wasn't the pushups - it was the overhead presses!

I think it is in Level 3 of the Shred that Jillian says "I want you to feel....like you are going to die!" ROFL!! The first time I heard that one I had to LOL!

A friend of mine here at work was telling me yesterday about her WiiFit with Jillian. I guess if you don't get the moves right so that they register with the board or whatever she starts yelling at you. OMG I almost wanna buy a Fit to hook to my Wii just so I can try it. Probably burn calories laughing!
Old 06-29-2012, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, this morning after a few days of just feeling like giving up on everything, I decided to come back and try again. I saw your message and it got to me. So maybe we can all give each other support and kick each others' butts. I know you're going through a hard time. I also know that when I eat like crap I feel like crap and I bet you do too. Look at your photo journal and see your journey. You've inspired so many others; now you've got to do the same thing for yourself. Don't make us set Tori on you cause you know we'll do it.

Quinn, bass fishing and jello shots? I don't know, something about that just made me queasy. Not as queasy as thinking of me doing a Carmen Electra striptease though. The hair tossing alone is enough to stop me. My hair is pretty short. In order to do any serious tossing I'd have to wear a wig and would probably wind up tossing it across the room accidentally in a misguided effort to "be sexy." Not a pretty picture, trust me. I'm not even Carmen Miranda (anyone remember old movies?) never mind Carmen Electra. And frankly I'd look better with fruit on my head than trying to toss what little hair I have left. Hope tossing hair = viewer tossing cookies.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hope's Goals - Once More with Feeling
1) drink the frigging water (8 glasses)
2) stop with the frigging sugar and junk food
3) take a frigging walk or go to the frigging gym
4) do an hour of frigging writing
5) 500 "real" words; would it kill ya?
6) 5 fruits and veggies (I have been doing that as well as eating everything other than the cat food and I think I even eyed that crunchy kind; the cat seems to like it)
7) stretch if you know what's good for you
8) back away from the child

Mike, do you have any goals? Back away from the Blizzards? Drop the rum cake? Go easy on the gumbo?
Old 06-29-2012, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hope ... Don't be so critical of yourself. There is a reason that your hubby is with you and while it may not be for your hair, I'm sure there is something about you that no other woman has. And while the tossing of a wig doesn't sound attractive, I'm sure a little tease could go along way.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hope,

"Quinn, bass fishing and jello shots? I don't know, something about that just made me queasy."

If I told you the rest of the story, you'd be really queasy!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.