Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!!

Old 06-26-2012, 02:13 PM
FitDay Member

Default Tuesday

Health/Fitness

1: log EVERYTHING!!~yes, yes
2: calories 1200-1500~1258, 1130 I'm calling it a win
3: no frozen meals, fresh fresh FRESH~yes, yes
4: 100 oz water~134.3, 135.2
5: p90x daily (not real sure what I'm thinking )~yes, yes

Still haven't had a chance to catch up with everyone...SORRY!!! I got my workout in and then had to head to WalMart to pick up stuff to cook tomorrow. Grilled Lime Marinated Skrimp...YUMMMMYYYYY!!!!!

Can't do a long post tonight, cause I've got chicken boiling to make chicken salad for lunch tomorrow for me and the kiddos. SIL called and invited me to go swimming with them, and who am I to say no to a pool on a hot Summer day in SC??

Last edited by ToriD1012; 06-26-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Do you think since Mern isn't here to crack the whip that you can slack?
Where is Mern? Now I really do feel like I can slack.

Jho, nice to see you join us... Cough cough... THEM. You should know that a big butt isn't always a bad thing.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:53 PM
FitDay Member

(not including yesterday, except for goal #6)

1) 1600 calories or less - 1491
2) move - got a head start on the painting and did some gardening
3) 64oz water + - 48oz
4) 20% protein - 25%
5) vitamins - yes

6) post one good thing that happened every day - bought the paint for Wednesday's painting, planted my new flowers
Old 06-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

1. Calorie limit 1200. No, blew it at the 11th hour,Yes
2. Exercise 6 hours. 90 min, 30 min
3. Drink water. Keep drinking. Yes, Yes
4. Take vitamins and supplements. I completely forgot! Forgot again
5. Make good food choices (balance, fiber, eat clean, etc.) Yes, Yes
6. Sleep 7 hours per night. Yes, Yes

I don't know why I have a mental block about my vitamins. Distracted by other things, I guess. Going to set them out now so I remember. And then going to bed and no more snacking like last night!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:57 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie--glad you managed to avoid the chocolate chips, at least! Glad to see today went better for you, calorie-wise.

Cate--I'm sorry to hear about your friend, but the benefit sounds like it was a great time. Hope you're feeling more rested!

Quinn--congrats on an all-green day! Sounds like it was quite enjoyable, too.

Tori--congrats on a winning day, and enjoy your swim tomorrow! I'm sure the cool water will feel wonderful.

Today was a mixed bag. On the one hand, I finally took the step to come back to all of you (and thank you for the welcomes!), so that's definitely good. In the afternoon, I got to spend time with a friend I hadn't seen since around Thanksgiving--we met up at a park and threw a disc around for a while (we played Ultimate together in high school--she still plays for her university, but a stress fracture and two knee surgeries has taught me that my body really doesn't like when I try to dance AND play sports), but then she suggested baking. We ended up making muffins with banana and raspberry puree and diced strawberries. They were quite good, but the fact that I know that means that I clearly had some simple carbs in my diet that weren't supposed to be there. Whoops. I limited myself to one muffin, though, and we used whole wheat flour, so it definitely could have been worse.
I didn't work out much today--I had a terrible headache all evening, so I limited it to just a 20-minute walk with my mother (which was slow-going, but hopefully it will encourage her to get into shape, too!). But hey, every little bit counts.

1) 1200-1400 calories: 1284
2) Measure EVERYTHING:Y
3) No pure carbs except oatmeal (so no bread/rice/pasta/chips):muffin
4) 100 oz of water or tea daily:117
5) Multivitamin daily:y
6) Exercise daily:y
Old 06-27-2012, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Well, my catch up day turned out to be a crazy day, but it is what it is.

Took my son to his first "job" today. While I was in the area, I went to the park and did an hour and a half of running/walking. It was frustrating because the last time I was at the park, I was running a 5K and made damn good time, too, and I am nowhere near that physical shape anymore due to injuries and time pressures. But it was also good because I felt back in the saddle. Of course, I probably won't be able to move out of said saddle come morning .
I KNOW!! I did a trail hike yesterday up a steep hill that was no problem last summer. Yesterday, I thought I was going to die! I was so mad at myself for letting my fitness slip away like that. But, on a positive note, I did two walks yesterday... may attempt the hill again today, just because it ticked me off!!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hoping for another good day today. It's 8:30 and I already have my granola bars made (cranberry/pecan/walnut) and have a plan for supper.

When I'm not in the mood to walk, I've been walking to the local animal shelter. (I always like to go there!) Was going to "spring" one of the dogs to come with me, but they were all too big for me to handle. I fear that they would walk me. I think I'm up to about the 10 lb. range now. It's a dangerous place for me to go... I have a softness for kittens and they are currently filled to capacity. My poor husband is sure that he will come home one day to an entire litter. lol

To make a long story short, I've found that a great way to walk is to have a non-food related reward or destination. I've made myself a deal that I will not go there unless I walk... no driving allowed. It's a win-win. I get my walk in and the animals get sprung from their cages long enough to stretch and be held.

I'm sure it won't be long before my husband sees me walking up the driveway with a new furry friend.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

For yesterday:
1.) Under 1400 calories/day - M: 1363, T: 2153
2.) Drink 64 oz. water/day - M:72 oz., T: 70 oz.
3.) Exercise 3-4x/week - M: N, T: Y
4.) Study 30 mins every day - M: 5 mins, T: 0 mins
5.) Post weight every day - M: 154.6, T: 158 (?), W: 158
6.) Something good! - M: Issue that was giving me major stress over the weekend has been resolved, T: My "special friend" () brought wine and we watched Doctor Who, W: Biopsy was waaay less painful/stressful than I thought it would be, and I'm going to dinner with friends!

So, yeah, had the biopsy, it wasn't painful at all, which I was worried about. He said that on first glance, the cells don't look cancerous, but I'll get the results maybe Friday. So that's really good. He did say that I could opt to get it removed even if it's benign, which I may look into because it does cause me some pretty constant pain, and makes running impossible. Anyway, thanks for thinking of me, you guys, it helped a lot, for reals!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Mike - I love that song (showing my age!)....but this baby got too much back!

Tori - you are rockin it - keep up the momentum - looks like you are kicking Mike's A$$ since he is slacking without Mern layin down the law! Have fun swimming!

Torre - great job in your "controlled cheat"! They sound really good! I had a headache yesterday too but I think mine might be allergies - my eyes are sooo itchy too!

Joanna - Glad the biopsy was not painful. I think it would be beneficial to get it removed.

Cassie - I always forget too - I do keep them out on the counter now to remind me! Its one of the reasons I opted for an IUD instead of "the pill"! That could have been disastrous!

Quinn - what an amazing way to get your walk in! Thats such a great idea!

I'm trying to get my energy up.... but I woke up with a huge headache and we are chilling in our PJ's getting lunch ready..... I fear the worst but I'm not giving up. The sun is shining, the kids are screaming, and its almost nap time WOOHOO!! (for the kids I mean!)
Old 06-27-2012, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals ...
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. Exercise 3 times (how hard is that?) M: No, T: No, W: 54mins with Jillian,
3. Walk on lunch M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Had an appt,
4. Fruits, veggies & dairy until dinner M: Yes, T: No (PB & Banana sandwich for lunch today), W: Yes,
5. Weigh and post it M: 237.8lbs, T: 237.6lbs, W: 237.4lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Walk Chloe 1 time M: No, T: No,
2. Water garden daily M: Yes - (think one of my cuke plants is dying, it's wilted), T: Yes,
3. Weed flower bed M: No, T: No,

Not a very eventful day yesterday. Pretty stressful evening overall but it's pretty much okay now. Only at 1373 calories yesterday. That is pretty low for me. Today is looking about 1550 before snacktime in the evening but that is with meatball sandwiches for dinner so I can live with that. Stayed up this morning when hubby went to work and did Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. It has probably been close to a month since I really did it and whew I was sweating up a storm, it felt awesome though! Then I took a nap until I had to get ready for an appointment at the boy's school. That went fairly well other than they tell me he has been more immature recently. Letting little things bother him again.

I don't have a lot of time for individual replies but I just wanted to say to Quinn ... I really wish that I had an animal shelter nearby that I could walk to and volunteer some time. That is truly an awesome thing for you to do. And I would lend you Chloe to take for a walk any day. She pulls my 320lbs 6'2" hubby along too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.