FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/7737-7-day-motivational-thread-beginning-6-25-12-no-more-excuses.html)

wildbeanerz 06-29-2012 07:28 AM

So Joanna you have lived elsewhere and now in PA...is it more humid here or do we just complain alot? LOL

quinnesec 06-29-2012 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 84513)
I am fascinated by this discussion, in a frustrated way.

I am also on the struggling boat since the beginning of the year and have gone backwards, sometimes even feeling like I have no control over it. Sometimes I feel it's my brain, sometimes I feel like my body is fighting against my intact brain trying to get back to a higher weight that it prefers for some reason.

I've run the gamut from feeling like a complete and utter failure to feeling (for a little while) like I've got my mojo back. I go from wanting to hide from FitDay to wanting to ask people here to move in with me to help me through this frustrating time, which has gone on way too long.

It is extremely curious to me that we (Mike, Quinn, myself) have been "food sober" for about the same length of time and are all having the same struggle, to a degree. I wonder if the timing is coincidence or physiological, or something else. I also think about Amy, but for all I know she is doing great and I hope she is, and is just too busy to post ;).

I can put my finger on any of a number of contributing factors, but the upshot is that I need to figure this out and figure it out soon, as it is having a ripple of negative effects on a number of aspects of my life!

Will check back in later...gotta run to trumpet lessons.

Thank you guys for being here, and who is a weekend warrior? IT'S FRIDAY!!

That's really interesting. I never thought about it that way, but I think you're on to something. For you and I, I think that we tried to take on a lot quite suddenly and the first thing to be neglected was... US! Time to get a little more selfish with our "downtime" perhaps! :)

I feel like my body is fighting against my intact brain trying to get back to a higher weight that it prefers for some reason.

This is really interesting as well. I've heard that under times of extreme stress, a woman's body will protect its fat stores for child bearing reasons, etc. May be something scientific to this after all! lol

bojibridge 06-29-2012 07:40 AM

April, it's pretty darn humid here, for sure! I didn't know it was like that here - may hair is ridicu-crazy...

cjohnson728 06-29-2012 10:46 AM

The mid-Atlantic was horrible for the humidity when I lived there (MD, DE, PA). It is every bit as bad as it is here in the south.

We have 104 right now...just temp, not heat index. It is supposed to last through the weekend, ugh.

Getting ready to take the kid to tennis and hope I don't have to scrape him off the court when it's over :eek:.

Hydrate up, everyone!

canary52 06-29-2012 11:02 AM

98 in NY y'all, humid and nasty. I feel more like a weekend washout than a warrior. Struggling with mojo and loss thereof. Struggling with stress and depression. Stresspression?

My body will not cooperate with how thin my mind would like it to be unless it is my mind undermining me. I dunno, having friends for dinner and games and all I want to do is lie down.

You people do much more than I do and I'm tired. Go figure.

ToriD1012 06-29-2012 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 84520)
Did you know that today in PA the weather is this?
Friday
http://wearecentralpa.com/components..._small_day.png
Hot & Humid
H: 94° | L: 66°

Oh, to have a high of 94*.....like Cassie it reached over triple digits here today. I think it was like 105*, with a heat index of 110*+ It's ridiculously crazy. Tomorrow a cool down in in store for us. Only a whopping 102* YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! Thank God it hasn't been super humid to go along with those temps....that's yet to come. Oh how I love having curly frizzy hair during the months of mid-July thru late August :rolleyes:

I'm so in for being a Weekend Warrior!! and I MEAN IT this week! :D In fact, I'm going to get my workout done before I make a sammich for supper...it's too damn hot to cook today

wildbeanerz 06-29-2012 01:06 PM

We've got a thunderstorm brewing so the humid is very oppressive right now. My car said 100* when I left work today. Ugh!

I made wonderfully awful deep fried foods for dinner. Not trying to make anyone hungry just admitting what I did. :(

quinnesec 06-29-2012 01:17 PM

We had the "cool" temp. of the day at 90*. ;) Waiting a little while before I take off for my walk to let it cool down a bit. Made my calorie limit today by (...get this!) one calorie! lol We won't talk about the fat percentage though! ;)

This week's goals:

1. Calories between 1000-1200; no excuses! No, Yes, Yes, Yes (Just barely!), 1199 (honest!)
2. 3 fruits or vegetables minimum per day; no excuses! Yes, Yes 5, Yes 5, Yes 4, Yes 3
3. Take all vitamins and supplements; no excuses! Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Walk daily, rain or shine; no excuses! Yes, Yes 2, No, Yes 2, Later
5. Hydrate all day long; no excuses! Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

01gt4.6 06-29-2012 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 84534)
Oh, to have a high of 94*.....like Cassie it reached over triple digits here today. I think it was like 105*, with a heat index of 110*+ It's ridiculously crazy. Tomorrow a cool down in in store for us. Only a whopping 102* YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! Thank God it hasn't been super humid to go along with those temps....that's yet to come. Oh how I love having curly frizzy hair during the months of mid-July thru late August :rolleyes:

I'm so in for being a Weekend Warrior!! and I MEAN IT this week! :D In fact, I'm going to get my workout done before I make a sammich for supper...it's too damn hot to cook today

As I said. ;)

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 84498)
Tori is too busy crying about the heat.

catebert 06-29-2012 01:56 PM

Hi Everyone. Haven’t had a lot of time to post this week with all that’s been going on, but I have been able to read all the posts here.

Been a very busy week with the benefit on Monday, recoup Tuesday, then dinner out with sister & cousin on Wed. we were supposed to go to a lecture on researching Irish family tree, but cousin did not know that we had to pre-book, so we went shopping instead! Good old Value Village, found 4 tops for summer, shoes, and a great pair of capris SIZE 15/16!!! :D Can’t tell you how good that felt! Didn’t get home til after ten tho, and yesterday dear little dog was not doing very well and needed some time with me. He’s much better today, as today was not as humid as yesterday.

I’m so glad it’s a long weekend, then only one week til my vacation. We’re not going anywhere, I’m having a staycatiion this year and really looking forward to it. I’m stuck in a bit of a rut as well, and rapidly finding out that in order to lose I will have to stick pretty religiously to the 20 carbs or less, as I have been going over that and I am just maintaining. Time to buckle down and get back to it. Here’s the way my week has gone so far:

<1400 calories: 1569, 854, 1563, 1515, 1854:eek:
Net Carbs < 20: 21.5, 22.2, 29.4, 31.0, 30.3
Water >64(oz): 60, total fail 20 oz, 65, 60, 40 (so far today)
exercise: too much, none, shopping!, none, none