Community
Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In!

Old 03-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In!

Happy Tuesday, Everyone! Time to share what matters to you.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default Over 60 club?

Hi, I've been looking for the 5-15 club for those over 60. I can't get rid of the winter 5 lbs. I track my weight loss in ounces, not pounds, and can't seem to go down to my pre-winter weight. Do I just accept the eventual weight gain? I exercise 30 minutes in morning, walk 30 minutes most days at my lunch hour, and have a sedentary job. I'm petite in frame, and still can't fit into my "regular" size. I do not wish to go below 1200 calories, and for me 1200 calories with 1 hour of exercise seems to be a maintenance diet. I've been tracking my calorie intake and exercise since Feb. 1...and it really helps. But golly, this has been harder than I thought. Thanks for thinking of the 5-15 club!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:44 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome fellncar. You need this thread http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ound-club.html for the general 5-15 pound club chat. This thread is for the weekly check-in, not that it matters much! It sounds to me like your problem is the type of exercise you are doing - but that is not my speciality in the slightest but there are plenty on here who are very clever on the exercise front and I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

Anyway, stats: very pleased have lost another 1.5lbs this week. I am now 140.4lbs - half a pound off being under 140lbs and I won't have been under 140lbs since I gave up smoking nearly 4 years ago!!! This is despite a chinese meal out with work and a small amount of chocolate (it is nearly Easter) so I don't feel totally deprived at all which I think is a good thing. All about balance right?

My goal is to stay under the weight goal graph line in fitday so I am still on target for 133lbs by my birthday on 18/5, although I would be more than happy with 136lbs which is what I was when I quit the cigs.

Right off to the gym... looking forward to all your lovely stats you lovely people
Old 03-29-2010, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the club Fellncar! As Missmatch said, you'll get plenty of support on the regular 5-15# thread. I'm 52 so I'm not that far behind you.

Back to stats. My body seems to be leveling off at 122# and my measurements are about the same as last week: Chest 34, waist 27.75, hips 33, thigh 19.75. I did get some positive feedback from the Tanita bodyfat scale at the gym. Although it is by no means the most accurate form of measuring body composition (hydration level, time of day, time of month all can skew results), it said my fat percentage was around 19.5%. I haven't seen it fall below 20% in over a year, so I'm happy about that.

Mentally I feel like I've crossed a hurdle though. Maybe it's springtime, who knows?! I'm feeling more inspired to exercise more intensely.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's news for the week!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome fellncar! Hope to see you over on the other thread

Great job Beth! I would kill for those measurements, keep up the great work!

Yeah missmatch, you are on a roll!

Well, my body finally decided to give up a pound this week...down to 146, maybe even 145.5, but my scale is old school. I am still losing inches so I'm happy with that. Slow and steady wins the race right??

Measurements:
Start/Current:
Waist:33/31
Chest:36.25/33.5
Hips:39/37

Keep it up girls!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Andrea, way to go, girl! You are right--slow and steady is the way to get lasting results. You've melted away almost 7 inches of fat in less than 2 months! Woo Hoo!!

Sometimes we minimize a one-pound loss of fat, but if you take a look at 4 sticks of butter, that's one pound. It definitely is significant!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Good Morning Ladies!

Sounds like everyone had a very productive week! For some reason, I kind of struggled this week to keep my portion control in check. Food choices were no problem... just wanted to sit in front of the tv with the entire bag of fat-free pretzels...

I think it has something to do with the weather. Several mornings, when I woke up, it was between 5-10 degrees. Once you've had a taste of spring, that's depressing. Hard to get motivated to walk when you have to get the down jacket back out! Ugh...

Weight didn't go up though and I've vowed to get my mojo back this week before the weight starts to creep up. Highs in mid 70's for Wednesday and Thursday so the excuses are gone.

Now, I have to run... have to shop for a black, feather boa... don't ask. LOL

quinn
Old 03-30-2010, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator

Default Morning, everyone!

Good to have you, fellncar. Tuesday is the day we check in whatever seems to matter...not necessarily weight/measurements; it's up to you. The rest of the week we're usually chatting on the thread that missmatch linked. Looking forward to seeing you over there.

Wow, what great results this morning. Awesome job, Beth, Andrea, Quinn, missmatch! You ladies are rocking it!

I am down about half a pound in my "maintenance." I say it that way because I reached my goal weight 2 weeks ago but wanted to dig for a couple more pounds to see if I could take care of the flabby thigh issue. Boy, those ounces come off slowly these days. I am still on the "losing" calorie and exercise plan, so have been a little worried about what will happen if I go to the maintenance calories. In fearing another plateau, I decided yesterday to shake up the system. I'm going to try three things:

1. Different exercise routine. I think after weeks and weeks my body has adapted to what I'm doing, even though my HRM says I'm still burning plenty of calories.

2. Different eating. This one kills me. I am not a low carb person and that's actually been fine for me so far, but in the spirit of shaking things up, I'm going to try a relatively low (for me that means in the low 40%s) for a week and see if I can shock my system into some change. I know I can't sustain this, but I can live with it for a week; we'll see what happens.

3. Giving my husband the scale to hide or keep at work. I notice myself getting a little too obsessive with that number these days. Next Tuesday will be that time of the month, too, so I don't need the freak out of extra water weight. So I will measure next week instead (although, is that accurate? Where exactly is the water?)

Sorry for the long post...just trying to get it out there to be accountable. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them!

Thanks, ladies, for always being there with your support and valuable knowledge .
Old 03-30-2010, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Everyone! I've decided that this week is a new week and for that, I have new goals. I think i was getting a little too stuck on the weight thing and since it isn't moving I was getting a little down about the whole thing. I changed my goals to smething that in order to reach, i'll have to lose weight, so they are now my weight lifting goals. For some reason I just feel a lot better about these than just trying to watch the scale go up or down. so they are now part of my signature and my ultimate goals. This weeks minor goal is to start eating more vegtables. I've been falling off a little and eating too much fruit to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Hope everyone has a stellar week!
Old 03-30-2010, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

I forgot to add... another ultimate goal of mine is to hopefully one day compete in he crossfit championships or other competition.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.