FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   SEVEN DAY thread, not 5 days... a full 7 starting 6/18/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/7685-seven-day-thread-not-5-days-full-7-starting-6-18-12-a.html)

01gt4.6 06-17-2012 03:16 PM

SEVEN DAY thread, not 5 days... a full 7 starting 6/18/12

Okay, I can think of when the last time was that I finished off an entire week. I have been slacking but I have not been alone, have I?

I'm going to use the same goals from before, besides a minor change here and there.

Tori, you know the drill, make your log public.

Tori vs. Mike Goals

1) highest % of weight lost (post beginning weight)
2) most ounces of water per day
3) most servings of fruits/veggies (fresh, frozen, V8, doesn't matter)
4) least amount of bread
5) most miles walked

Tori specific
1) no smokes
2) post 2 funny pics (that you've taken this week, no google crap)
3) list something that you're grateful for (or something that happened)
4) post an update every day!
5) make a comment about Mike's food look (good or bad)

Mike specific
1) write 3 policies
2) no Blasts :eek:
3) 2 RAK
4) post an update every day!
5) make a comment about Tori's food log (good or bad)
6) don't wreck the bike on Wednesday (if I go to the race track)

01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal

bojibridge 06-18-2012 12:39 AM

1.) Workout x4
2.) Under 1400 calories/day
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day
4.) Study 30 mins every day

frenchhen3 06-18-2012 01:22 AM

Good goals so far!

here's mine!

64 oz water, minimum
log all food
get dressed by 8:30 each day
do chores in the morning
pray for patience daily

quinnesec 06-18-2012 02:18 AM

I'm in and totally exhausted! The party went really, really well. A few sprinkles here and there but it was hot so no one seemed to even notice. Had some difficulty with the electrical load and circuit breakers popping for the first 20 minutes, but a swarm of men jumped in, rerouted a few things, ran some extension cords to neighbor's houses and we were good to go. :)

The food was fantastic and I'm not even going to begin to explain my overeating both Saturday and Sunday. (Broke down tents, etc. Sunday and brought all of the left-overs back out...) But the band...!!! Oh my God! They were so incredibly awesome! I thought that they were just bringing some guitars and a keyboard, etc. But they brought their entire flipping stage set-up! We had a big tent just for them and they filled the entire thing with amps, speakers, drum sets, etc. I love being in a big, generous, musical family! When the truck pulled in with all of the equipment, I couldn't believe my eyes! It was so much better than I had ever dreamed. Everyone was having such a good time enjoying the food and music that they played for an additional 4 hours! We have 5-6 bands in our family; rock, country, bluegrass, etc. But they outdid themselves Saturday. People were stunned to find out that they were our relatives. We had people come from our community who heard the music, and came to hear them play who weren't even invited. It was crazy, but awesome crazy!

Checking in as much as possible, but will be traveling to see my mom later in the week and figure out her future plans from here. May be a tough week; not sure. So, I'll be on the road quite a bit, but mindful that I need to get back to healthy eating.

Weekly Goals:

1. Calories between 1000-1200.
2. Water bottle with me at all times.
3. Walk when possible.
4. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day.

bojibridge 06-18-2012 03:40 AM

Quinn, I'm glad your party was a resounding success - sounds like it was very fun!

amalthea1892 06-18-2012 03:42 AM

Goals week of June 18th

H2O 70oz min:
1500 cals or less:
Focus on whole foods:
Exercise 1/2 hr or more:
10 push-ups:
Work on being positive:

Home goals (getting ready for weekend guests)

Scrub bathroom(s):
Get a few pix on the walls:
Stash kids toys so guests don't trip:
Meal plans:
Secure backyard for small dog:

:D Ama

Mern 06-18-2012 04:10 AM

Mike, I've been starting off the week logging, but then, although eating pretty well on target and drinking water on weekends, I slack off on logging and exercise.

Quinn, so glad your party was a huge success.

On the run--hi and big hugs to all.

nobe 06-18-2012 04:14 AM

I'm in. I logged and didn't do badly over the weekend (well...up until I ate two burgers at my dad's last night), but didn't report. So back to the grind today! My motivation isn't great right now. I don't know why, but I need to get it back!

Same goals as always.

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600)
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike)
3) 20% protein minimum
4) 64oz water minimum
5) calorie deficit 700+
6) take vitamins
7) lights out by 11 the night before
8) no food after 8pm the night before

wildbeanerz 06-18-2012 04:33 AM

Quinn ... Your party sounds like it was a blast. I love the idea of a swarm of men. MMMmmmmm :) LOL

I have to make some goals this week. Even if they are weak ones. I have gotten back on track and in the past week I have lost 4 lbs. I am scared to say it but I think I have finally broken my plateau. I was 243-245 for about 4-6 weeks. Yesterday and today though are 239.4lbs! That means I have lost over 91lbs (just shy of 92)!! Woohoo!! I have taken to eating mostly fruits and veggies except at dinner and I think that is what helped me break through. I am not doing it strictly. If I want I can have something else for snack but for breakfast & lunch I have been eating nothing but fruits & veggies (&salad dressing spritzer) and I feel great!

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100oz water daily (been only doing 80oz)
2. Exercise 4 times this week (yes night time counts too. Somehow it got in my head that if I don't do it in the morning it is lost.)
3. Walk on lunches if not raining
4. Fruits, veggies, or dairy (cottage cheese/yogurt) for lunch & breakfast (dressing on salad is okay)
5. Take dogs for 2 walks (Maybe just Chloe)

Life Goals...
1. Get hubby's allergy med taken care of (should be today)
2. Do 2 loads of laundry during the weekdays
3. Water garden & flowers
4. Take & post 2 pictures of something beautiful in my life (kinda stole this one from Mike & Tori )

lathav 06-18-2012 04:55 AM

I'm in for this week...

Goals

1. Lose 4 pounds a week
2. Not more than 1000 calories per day
3. Cut down rice and eat more fruits and veggies
4. Walk 16 miles per week
5. Wake up early
6. Pray everyday
7. Stop watching TV
8. Apply for jobs

Starting Weight : 171 -June11
Current Weight : 170 -June17
Mini Goal : 166

wildbeanerz 06-18-2012 06:24 AM

1. 100oz water daily (been only doing 80oz)
2. Exercise 4 times this week (yes night time counts too. Somehow it got in my head that if I don't do it in the morning it is lost.)
3. Walk on lunches if not raining M: 2-1/4 miles in 38minutes,
4. Fruits, veggies, or dairy (cottage cheese/yogurt) for lunch & breakfast (dressing on salad is okay)
5. Take dogs for 2 walks (Maybe just Chloe)

Life Goals...
1. Get hubby's allergy med taken care of (should be today) M: DONE!
2. Do 2 loads of laundry during the weekdays
3. Water garden & flowers
4. Take & post 2 pictures of something beautiful in my life (kinda stole this one from Mike & Tori )

Walked on lunch. It was cooler outside and very breezy. It felt awesome. I added 1/4 mile by walking to the dr office to pick up samples of nose spray for my hubby's allergies. I'm so glad that they finally found something that helps him survive this season. We are going to have him allergy tested this winter when they aren't bad. He has to go 5 days with no allergy meds prior to the testing and that is not happening at this time of year.

A customer made me laugh today... I did my nails last night. They are hot pink with zebra striped tips. He looked at them and said "Your nails are pretty. I can say that because I just had a vasectomy and have no testosterone so now I notice girly things." LMAO :D :rolleyes:

cjohnson728 06-18-2012 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 83747)
4. Take & post 2 pictures of something beautiful in my life...I did my nails last night. They are hot pink with zebra striped tips.

Sounds like your first picture!!

Hello everyone, I really need the seven-day reminder. This past weekend was busy; had my in-laws here, son was in a tournament, and my good eating habits eroded bit by bit. Plus there is something about sitting in the sun for hours that makes me too tired to exercise (hmm, maybe I should do my excuse list again this week :o). So I'm in for all seven days and I need someone to kick my patootie if I'm not!

I am starting to get caught up with work. Son is in another tourney today and tomorrow so I am working at home those days and hope to get back on top of things soon.

Goals simple, again:

1. 1300 or fewer calories daily.
2. Exercise 6 hours this week.
3. Log everything and check in daily.

4. Proof 6 reports by end of Wednesday.
5. Write one report by end of Wednesday.
6. Follow up on volunteer opportunities with the boy (Tuesday).

7. Make a decision on carpet this weekend.
8. Replace photos on stairway and in family room this weekend.

Have a wonderful week, everyone!

wildbeanerz 06-18-2012 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 83756)
Sounds like your first picture!!

I don't think I'm going to count this as something beautiful because I can tell they weren't done professionally, but here they are...
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u...1340047274.jpg

traceymc1985 06-18-2012 07:42 AM

Hi everyone- hope we have all had a good weekend! New week now- they come round so quickly!
I had my weigh in today and lost 3lbs this week! Theres now no reason for me to get down about my weight becasue this is the lowest i can ever rmember being since being a young teen so now im excited to start seeing my new body emerse. Thats my focus- i feel excited to see the next pounds come off and the ones after that. I never thought id have it in me and became illusioned that my body was not able to go beneath 12stone without having to starve and deprive myself- well im pleased to say i couldnt have been more wrong!
This may sound like im ahead of myself but everything with my body and mind has changed in his week- im eating less and feeling full quicker- this has helped to take away my greed. Im beginning to recognise hunger properly and im actually enjoying drinking more water. I think i have more strength when resisting temptation- i tested myself yesterday and baked chocolate buns with my daughter yesterday and was satisfied eating just a little one not 10!

So my goals for this week are more or less the same-
# 1200-1400 cals daily
# 5% fat rule in foods
# increase pace and distance with walking
# log all food- good and bad

# keep smiling
# make more effort with exercise on weekends
# spend more quality time with my kiddies

wildbeanerz 06-18-2012 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by traceymc1985 (Post 83762)
Hi everyone- hope we have all had a good weekend! New week now- they come round so quickly!
I had my weigh in today and lost 3lbs this week! Theres now no reason for me to get down about my weight becasue this is the lowest i can ever rmember being since being a young teen so now im excited to start seeing my new body emerse. Thats my focus- i feel excited to see the next pounds come off and the ones after that. I never thought id have it in me and became illusioned that my body was not able to go beneath 12stone without having to starve and deprive myself- well im pleased to say i couldnt have been more wrong!
This may sound like im ahead of myself but everything with my body and mind has changed in his week- im eating less and feeling full quicker- this has helped to take away my greed. Im beginning to recognise hunger properly and im actually enjoying drinking more water. I think i have more strength when resisting temptation- i tested myself yesterday and baked chocolate buns with my daughter yesterday and was satisfied eating just a little one not 10!

Tracey...You sound like you have found your happy place. I have too. It feels good...doesn't it? The past 4 days or so I have had 300-400 less calories than I usually do and haven't suffered hunger for it. There is ice cream in the freezer that I am not eating bowls full of. I have gotten it out and taken 2-3 bites and put it back but I can handle that. I also baked 5 dozen Peanut Butter Blossoms (half with hugs / half with kisses) and didn't even taste the dough or eat a kiss. I ate one cookie after they were done. :) There is still about a dozen left at the house after I gave away over half of them and the kids and hubby did damage on them last night. It feels so awesome to have control over this part of my life! I am going to ride this energy as long as I can! Hope you do the same!

traceymc1985 06-18-2012 08:10 AM

Thanks April it certainly does feel great-im much more relaxed and at friend with myself. Ive felt so much time taking out my feelings on my weight on everyone around me when none of it was their fault. I was stressed out all the time but that is because of a few things but it all got to me too much. This has i feel lost a bond somewhat with my kiddies (aged 7 and 9) but them growing up and finding their own feet can be challenging for me as a parent and finding the best ways to deal with things can be at times a struggle. Im realising this now and know i can do things that make me feel im a better mum. I know i do the caring thing for them brilliantly but the fun, playtime and mummuy time i dont because ive been so tetchy and highly charged and i feel sooo guilty for this. But im determined to do better so i can feel like a better person.

quinnesec 06-18-2012 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 83739)
Quinn ... Your party sounds like it was a blast. I love the idea of a swarm of men. MMMmmmmm :) LOL

Yep, I've always said that there's nothing sexier than a man, or two or three, who can fix things!!! :D

ToriD1012 06-18-2012 12:54 PM

Monday

Tori vs. Mike Goals

1) highest % of weight lost (post beginning weight): 181
2) most ounces of water per day: 104.5
3) most servings of fruits/veggies (fresh, frozen, V8, doesn't matter): 3
4) least amount of bread: 3
5) most miles walked: 0

Tori specific
1) no smokes: 0
2) post 2 funny pics (that you've taken this week, no google crap)
3) list something that you're for (or something that happened): peace & quiet
4) post an update every day!: CHECK!
5) make a comment about Mike's food look (good or bad): it's a lot more balanced than mine :/

ToriD1012 - free online diet and fitness journal

bojibridge 06-18-2012 02:34 PM

1.) Workout x4: 1
2.) Under 1400 calories/day: 1249
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day: 64 oz.
4.) Study 30 mins every day: 50 mins

quinnesec 06-18-2012 03:39 PM

Too many sweets left in the house which substituted for real food today... will try a "do-over" tomorrow. Ugh.

Weekly Goals:

1. Calories between 1000-1200. Fail
2. Water bottle with me at all times. Fail
3. Walk when possible. Fail
4. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day. Fail

nobe 06-18-2012 03:48 PM

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1406
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - lots of walking
3) 20% protein minimum - 25%
4) 64oz water minimum - not enough
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 863
6) take vitamins - yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before - no
8) no food after 8pm the night before - yes

01gt4.6 06-18-2012 04:25 PM

Tori vs. Mike Goals

1) highest % of weight lost (post beginning weight) 177??
2) most ounces of water per day 135.2
3) most servings of fruits/veggies (fresh, frozen, V8, doesn't matter) 5
4) least amount of bread 0
5) most miles walked 0

Mike specific
1) write 3 policies 2 :D
2) no Blasts :eek: none
3) 2 RAK 0
4) post an update every day! yes
5) make a comment about Tori's food log (good or bad) you should not be eating at a place called FATZ!
6) don't wreck the bike on Wednesday (if I go to the race track)

01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal

cjohnson728 06-18-2012 04:40 PM

1. 1300 or fewer calories daily. 1267
2. Exercise 6 hours this week.
3. Log everything and check in daily. Yes

4. Proof 6 reports by end of Wednesday. 2 down
5. Write one report by end of Wednesday. 1/3 done
6. Follow up on volunteer opportunities with the boy (Tuesday).

Did my civic duty and polished off the last of the weekend's goodies, thus saving my family from their untoward effects. I'm nice like that ;).

bojibridge 06-19-2012 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 83788)
Did my civic duty and polished off the last of the weekend's goodies, thus saving my family from their untoward effects. I'm nice like that ;).

I like your style, Cassie.

bojibridge 06-19-2012 12:43 AM

So, today marks my one-year anniversary on FitDay! Whew! When I started, I really had no idea what I was getting myself into. I remember a friend (a casual user of the site) had mentioned it to me, and I thought, "Oh, I'll see what that's all about." I had no real intention of starting a 'weight-loss program' or anything, I just thought I'd put some food in the log and see what it said. Here I am, a year later and minus almost 37 lbs (although probably more like over 40 lbs, if you count from my highest weight recorded a couple months before FitDay.) Anyway, on one hand, I wish I had gotten farther in this year, and probably 'should' have been able to, but I realized what worked for me was not setting goals that are very strict, because I had a tendency to fall off the wagon at the first sign of failure. I think I've gotten over that maybe a little. Additionally, sometimes life gets in the way and you have to take a break - I got my insulin pump in the middle of March, and basically didn't lose a pound between then and the beginning of June, so I could focus on that. Anyway, just wanted to mark the date, and say a HUGE thank you to you guys - I really mean it when I say that without you all, I wouldn't have lost 5 lbs.

quinnesec 06-19-2012 01:15 AM

Yesterday was a total, disastrous fail for me. I absolutely cannot have buffet-type foods in the house. I don't think that I've eaten a single, healthy thing since Friday. Sent 4 boxes of food to my husbands bank yesterday for their lunch, daughter took 2 platters of sweets to work yesterday (a restaurant, which is kind of funny...) and I still have some left.

Today, I promise to do better. Now that I have room in the fridge, I have to restock on fresh fruits and veggies.

Lots of errands to run that can't wait and we are having really severe thunderstorms today. (Wind gusts between 50-70 mph are predicted.) Should be interesting! (Live dangerously... run with scissors, I always say! ;))

Have a wonderful day and I hope it's sunny and dry wherever you are!

quinn

Jho82 06-19-2012 01:21 AM

Hi everybody!

:( I think its safe to say that I fell off the wagon. :o crap.

Oh well its time to suck it up. I did well yesterday and went to bed starving. It will take a few days to get my body back into routine after going away to Halifax for a few days. All we did was eat out at restaurants - it was nice to get away though. I will try to think more positively for the remainder of the week but feeling pretty poopy right now.

Hope everyone is well!

01gt4.6 06-19-2012 03:27 AM

welcome back Jho. Did you put your goals in white? I didn't see them...:confused:;):p

canary52 06-19-2012 05:01 AM

awwww.. can I do 6 days starting today?

Here are my goals:
1) no more than 1650 calories
2) 8 glasses of water
3) stretch daily
4) walk or gym 2 days this week
5) try to remember you're the adult

Hi everyone.
Quinn, so glad the party went so well. I hear ya about the leftover foods tho; that always gets me.

Kudos for the weight loss, Tracey! Can we get a dancing banana for this woman?

April, love the nails.

I have only been able to browse the responses. I hope to be able to read and respond to more posts. To say that things have been stressful and crazy does not even begin to decribe things here. But I took what I hope are some positive steps (see goal 5) and I am hoping, praying for the best.

amalthea1892 06-19-2012 05:41 AM

Goals week of June 18th

H2O 70oz min: Y
1500 cals or less: 1450
Focus on whole foods: M: egg, green beans, quinoa, apple, grapes, is wine a whole food? Chips, chocolate square, bread, cheese slice...
Exercise 1/2 hr or more: 15
10 push-ups: Y
Work on being positive: YES!

Home goals (getting ready for weekend guests)

Scrub bathroom(s): Not yet
Get a few pix on the walls: Not yet
Stash kids toys so guests don't trip: Futile effort until this weekend
Meal plans: Not yet
Secure backyard for small dog: Not yet

Mike – Don’t think I’ve ever finished a whole 7 in a row either… you’re definitely not alone! Be careful out there tomorrow!

April – Sexy nails lady! Love em! I can walk to the dr also from work… just need to make myself do it! What meds did you get for DH? My DH has tried many meds for allergies, with varying success… just wish I could get him to get tested, so stubborn!

Lathav – Those are some lofty goals! You go girl!

Jho – Welcome back!!! Ah restaurant food… they know every trick in the book to get customers to buy/eat more.

Quinn – Yikes, 50-70 gusts? Hope you don’t need to pick-up balloons today! Time to start fresh and turn it around!

Joanna – YAY! 1 year, Congratulations for sticking to it! I just passed 6 months logging and posting on FD and I am down 10lbs from when I started. I agree it really does work!

Cassie – Wow, busy weekend indeed! Oh those yummy, deadly, weekend goodies… I am sure the fam appreciated your sacrifice ;-)

Tracey – 3lbs down… Congratulations!!! I like your goals!

Mern – Good luck this week Lady!

:D Ama

39, 5’6”
Started FD Jan 2012; weight 134
Current weight week of 6/18: 125, 123.6
Goal: 123

wildbeanerz 06-19-2012 07:27 AM

1. 100oz water daily (been only doing 80oz) M: 104oz,
2. Exercise 4 times this week (yes night time counts too. Somehow it got in my head that if I don't do it in the morning it is lost.) M: No,
3. Walk on lunches if not raining M: 2-1/4 miles in 38minutes, T: 2 miles in 38 minutes plus to the store,
4. Fruits, veggies, or dairy (cottage cheese/yogurt) for lunch & breakfast (dressing on salad is okay) M: Yes,
5. Take dogs for 2 walks (Maybe just Chloe) M: No,
6. Post weight daily M: 239.4lbs, T: 239.0lbs,

Life Goals...
2. Do 2 loads of laundry during the weekdays M: 1 down,
3. Water garden & flowers M: God took care of this one,
4. Take & post 2 pictures of something beautiful in my life (kinda stole this one from Mike & Tori ) M: See below,

Yesterday was a good day. I stuck with my fruits and veggies until dinner as I have it in my goals. Breakfast was greek yogurt and a banana. Lunch was 1 cup cantaloupe, 30 grapes and 4-5 strawberries. Snack was an apple. Today was very similar except had cottage cheese instead of yogurt and moved the strawberries to breakfast from lunch. I have made a recent discovery...It isn't the amount of food that I eat that makes me satisfied, it is the amount of bites that I get to take. So by having cut up cantaloupe and like 30 grapes I am getting like 50 bites for lunch. That fills me up so much more than a big cheeseburger. I did have 4 tootsie rolls today though :)

My pic today....african violets. :) I also love my dining area that you can see a glimpse of in the background.

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u...magejpeg_2.jpg

Ama...He is taking a nasal spray called Astepro. He had severe nasal inflammation that caused him to feel congested all the time. This helps a lot with that symptom. He still takes Claritin every day too.

Jho...Your seat is still available in the wagon...climb back up!

Quinn...I have become known for sending food home with people or taking it to my hubby's work the next day. I can't keep stuff like that around or I will just pick, pick, pick.... I do have a bag of leftover kisses & hugs on my nightstand that I haven't touched yet. I go to extremes. Either I will eat one by one until they are all gone or I will refuse to allow myself even one.

ToriD1012 06-19-2012 09:54 AM

I haven't had time to read everyone's posts cause I've been busy doing who knows what today. I do want to give a shout out to Joanna--woohoo happy FD anniversary to you!!!

I grilled up some yummy chicken kabobs and veggies. Had one for a really late lunch, and planning on taking one to work with me tonight. Yup I said tonight!! I have to work third tonight to help our pricing lady. The higher ups at The Big Bad Bi-Lo are retarded and think one person can change prices on pretty much everything in the store :rolleyes: So I slept in a little bit this morning....okay, okay, I didn't get out of bed until after 10! I did get a walk in though, 2.07 miles at a 14:54 min/mile. I'm not blazing, but it's a good pace for me. My little legs will only cover so much ground at a time. I promise to do a full update tomorrow when I get home from work!! I'll also post a funny pic, I'm just narrowing down the choices! I wish I had had a chance to take a pic of the police car that I saw today. There was a nice little message on the side to TEXT ANY WRONG DOINGS to blah blah number. Yes! TEXT the wrong doings. I found it funny cause, well, we aren't suppose to text and drive are we????

K, gonna take a wee little nap before getting ready for work. TaTa for now my chickadees!!

cjohnson728 06-19-2012 11:47 AM

Well, I am pushing my calories today...I ended up cooking a bigger dinner than I had planned. My son won his tournament today, including beating a boy he has never been able to beat...twice...and he asked for a roast for dinner. He really did lay it all out there today, so I agreed to that, as well as mashed potatoes! Hopefully all will still be well at the end of the night :o.

Tori, your kabobs sound yummy. Might put that in the rotation this week! And congrats on your walk.

Ama, you're just about at your goal! Congrats to you! I hope you stick around and share the fun that is maintenance ;).

Gotta run and poke the potatoes...check in with you all later!

wildbeanerz 06-19-2012 01:31 PM

I'm not going to eat chips and dip. I'm not going to eat chips and dip. I'm not going to eat chips and dip. :(

I will eat Special K cracker chips instead :)

bojibridge 06-19-2012 01:40 PM

1.) Workout x4: 2
2.) Under 1400 calories/day: 1249, 1081
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day: 64 oz., 70 oz.
4.) Study 30 mins every day: 50 mins, 1 hour

Just not uber hungry today, I guess - I'm not complaining!

Thanks, Jho and Tori, I'm pretty darn glad FitDay exists!

April, you can do it! No chips and dip!

catebert 06-19-2012 01:42 PM

I'm a little late to the party, but I got here nevertheless! I too have slacked off a bit - I did log everything, but haven't checked in here for a few days.

So nice to hear everyone's news. A few special shout outs: Quinn sounds like the party was a blast! Joanna, congrats on your anniversary! Tracey Way to go girl!

I've been in a bit of a funk - missed my goal by 3 lbs. So I just reset it to June 30! We'll see how that goes. I made a lo-carb sugarless cheesecake on Sunday for my birthday yesterday which turned out spectacular! I took some to work today which went over HUGE - no way Brian and I can eat the whole thing - locarb or not!

I did buy some yogurt and raspberries on the weekend, and even tho eating sparingly I can tell after only 2 days that they are the carbs I have to watch as I am starting to get carb cravings again. Today I'm up to 1800 cals.:eek: and 71 net carbs, so tomorrow back to square 1. At least I didn't eat any junk or sweets (do bran flakes count?:o)

Haven't set any goals this week other than reset mini weight goal - will regroup and refocus tomorrow.

PS: Mammogram results came back clear!:D

amalthea1892 06-19-2012 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 83858)
Ama, you're just about at your goal! Congrats to you! I hope you stick around and share the fun that is maintenance ;).

Aw... thanks for the congrats! I have been at goal more times than I can count - and always rebound 10+lbs before I realize what is going on! Then it takes 6+ months to get it off again... I definitely plan to stick with FD and try to break my bad habits... :p Ama - the recovering yoyo'er (it could be a word, right?)

cjohnson728 06-19-2012 04:55 PM

Sooo tired tonight (Tori, hope you rested up and are enjoying that third shift :rolleyes:)!

1. 1300 or fewer calories daily. 1267,1357
2. Exercise 6 hours this week. 60 min.
3. Log everything and check in daily. Yes, Yes

4. Proof 6 reports by end of Wednesday. 2 down, 3 more
5. Write one report by end of Wednesday. 1/2 done
6. Follow up on volunteer opportunities with the boy (Tuesday). Done

traceymc1985 06-19-2012 10:29 PM

Cate- Congratulations on the mammogram results!

Thankyou for all the woohoos regarding Mondays weigh in. This week im trying to be just as good- keeping busy is key for me especially in the house.

April- what you said about the 50 bites fo lunch has made me realise the more bites i can get in of the good stuff maybe the more satisfied i can be. Im going to practise this starting today and hopefully i wont overdo it.

Welcome back Jho- i understand that it can take a few days to get back into the routine of things but you will get there.

I had a slip up when i was over in Ireland and this resulted in 2 more weeks of not sticking to plan. Refocusing my mind and thinking about my goals has kept me going even when it feels like my legs are going to fall off.

Does having super chunky thighs make a difference to how much i feel the leg exercise?? Sure feels like i suffer more compared to the rest in class.

wildbeanerz 06-20-2012 12:06 AM

1. 100oz water daily (been only doing 80oz) M: 104oz, T: 104oz,
2. Exercise 4 times this week (yes night time counts too. Somehow it got in my head that if I don't do it in the morning it is lost.) M: No, T: No,
3. Walk on lunches if not raining M: 2-1/4 miles in 38minutes, T: 2 miles in 38 minutes plus to the store,
4. Fruits, veggies, or dairy (cottage cheese/yogurt) for lunch & breakfast (dressing on salad is okay) M: Yes, T: Yes,
5. Take dogs for 2 walks (Maybe just Chloe) M: No, T: No,
6. Post weight daily M: 239.4lbs, T: 239.0lbs, W: 239.2lbs,

Life Goals...
2. Do 2 loads of laundry during the weekdays M: 1 down, T: 1 in the washer,
3. Water garden & flowers M: God took care of this one, T: Yes and mulched the garden,
4. Take & post 2 pictures of something beautiful in my life (kinda stole this one from Mike & Tori ) M: See below, T: Not today,

Last evening was a tough one. Hubby made hamburger helper for dinner and I can totally just eat until it's gone with that stuff for some reason. I think it's the carbs & sodium together that get me. I limited it to two servings and was pretty proud of that. He made zucchini for a side so I loaded up on that instead. I bought a bag of no salt added chips so that he could have chips & dip and then picked up the Helluva Good french onion at the store. I knew I was going to have an issue with it. I managed to keep it to about 4-5 chips barely dipped in the dip and made myself a bowl with half a serving of Special K cracker chips instead. (I did end up going back for the other half of that serving.) The sodium put me up .2 this morning but it could have been so much worse. In the past I have been up 2-3 lbs from eating Hamburger Helper for dinner. So I'm calling it a win! :p

Tending the garden & porch plants last night I saw that I have a huge flower ready to open up on my bush acorn squash. I have no less than 3 Big Beef Tomatoes, 2-3 Green Peppers, 1 Red Pepper and I think 1 Orange Pepper. The cucumbers and several other squashes are getting loaded up with buds too. And the tomatoes and peppers (32 plants) almost all have flowers now. I love gardening more than I ever thought possible!

We are missing some members....Where are you Mern, Terri, Amy? There are probably others too!

Cassie ... Congrats to your son! That is a huge accomplishment to win over someone he previously couldn't beat. All that practicing must be paying off! He deserved that big dinner and you are an awesome mom for making it for him.

Mike ... I just saw Cate's mammo update and forgot to give you mine. Mine came back as no cancer suspected but lumpy. :p It was as expected. That is the reason I can't do self exams and rely on my OB/GYN to do them for me yearly and will probably now have yearly mammos just in case even though I am young....(ish) lol

Tori .... Your kebabs sound delish! I will be totally trying that out later this summer when I get all my colorful peppers growing.