Notices

Weighing in question

Old 06-23-2012, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weighing in question

Hi. I have a question. I weigh myself everyday and my question is should I be looking at my pre-exercise weight or post exercise weight? The difference between to the two can be anywhere from a couple tenths of a pound to almost 2 pounds. I am thinking I should stick with pre exercise but wanted others opinions. I have between 12-13 pounds to lose before I hit my goal of 100 pounds gone!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

First off, congrats on being so close to your goal! Awesome job!

As for your question, it's best to weigh at the same time each day, as weight fluctuates throughout the day.

I think most folks here tend to weigh in first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom but before eating anything, and feel that this gives them their truest weight. Some, though, weigh in at a group meeting like Weight Watchers, but it's still the same time and day.

There aren't any "weight police" to make sure you do it correctly, though, so whichever you choose, just make sure it's consistent. Some people weigh daily, some weekly, some monthly, even. It's up to you . Just don't compare a pre-exercise weight to a post-exercise weight, or vice versa.