Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started >

7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started

Old 06-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

nobe, Joanna, great day for you both. Nice job!

1. 1300 or fewer calories daily. 780, 931
2. Log everything and post goals daily. Yes, Yes
3. Exercise 6 hours (four half-hour runs, at least, included). 60 minutes (included one run)
Old 06-12-2012, 11:45 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday report:

Quite healthful eating on Tuesday. Most of my carbs and lots of my fiber came from low carb veggies. I got 12g fiber from an Ole Mexican Foods Xtreme Wellness High Fiber, Low Carb Tortilla (found them at Walmart.) The similarity in numbers for calories, fiber, sat fat, and protein Monday and Tuesday are just coincidence--I ate a totally different menu yesterday. "Variety is the spice of life."

1500 calories 1406, 1408
Net Carb (total carb grams less fiber grams) limit 25g 16g, 25g
Fiber average 25g, 40g, 42g
Dietary Cholesterol average 250mg 236mg, 183mg
Saturated Fat average 11% of total calories 11%, 11%
Protein minimum average 120g 135g, 134g
Exercise 5 days YES, YES
Water 64 oz. YES, YES
Old 06-13-2012, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tuesday Report

I do so well during the day at work, sticking to my food that I packed, but when I get outta here I can't seem to control myself, ugh! Today is a new day, I've gotta come up with some healthy snacks to take to the ballpark with me, that place gets me every time.

Health goals for week:
Cook 3 times yes, 1 down, 2 down
3 big Tervis water yes, yes
no carbs at lunch none, none
1 soda per day only 1 2
no trips to store or eating out none had a snickers at DS8 game, ugh

Non health goals:
strip 1 bed per day no yep, mine
porch cleaned no, no
car vaccumed no, no
Old 06-13-2012, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

OMG, that Lee's Chicken pop-up ad here is driving me freakin' nuts-was bad enough as a written pop-up--now I also get it as an audio ad and it interrupts my train of thought. I don't mind ads--helps keep the FitDay version I use free, but a fried chicken ad on a health oriented website? Really? OK, that's my only allowed gripe today...

Cate, you're welcome for the flaxmeal info. I read another tip today about use of flaxmeal: when a recipe calls for an egg to use as a binder (such as in meatloaf) replace the egg with one tablespoon flaxmeal plus 3 tablespoons water. You probably already know that protein and fiber for breakfast help you feel full longer so may keep you from snacking or overeating at lunch. How's your Induction going? Is it hard to stick to?

Quinn, I'm so glad you are reaping the benefits of flaxoil supplement. Rather than accept the risks of stroke, blood clots, and breast cancer associated with hormone replacement therapy back in the 1990s I took my friend's advice and used soy and flax to alleviate the intensity and duration of hot flashes and it really did work. I tried the bottled flaxoil as an ingredient in homemade mayo and salad dressing and hated the taste, but I found the taste of ground flaxmeal much more acceptable. I actually love it and use it now to help reduce my high cholesterol/triglycerides (forget which or maybe it's both--too lazy to look it up) and to help prevent hunger pangs between meals. Dr. Travis Stork, on ABC's talk show "The Doctors" commented a few weeks ago that he believes doctors should in most cases recommend lifestyle changes to their patients FIRST whenever possible and then prescription drugs as a last resort. Exceptions, of course, would be for serious immediate illnesses such as heart attacks, cancer, dangerously high blood sugar, or debilitating pain from which one needs immediate relief, etc. He said a lot of patients are not informed by their doctor that self help IS available through diet and exercise and it's the doctor's responsibility to educate their patients and give them a chance to manage their health without drugs. In many cases if the lifestyle changes are not enough, those changes may still help reduce the amount of prescription drugs needed, thereby reducing some serious and possibly life threatening side effects.

Last edited by Mern; 06-13-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by aspikes
I do so well during the day at work, sticking to my food that I packed, but when I get outta here I can't seem to control myself, ugh! Today is a new day, I've gotta come up with some healthy snacks to take to the ballpark with me, that place gets me every time.
Ashlie, I've had the same problem recently doing well during the day and then not controlling myself in the evening. I've been trying to pre-plan and pre-log a healthful, satisfying snack in the evening. Protein and fiber is the key for me:

--Last night was 4 oz. tilapia and half a protein shake.
-- Celery and peanut butter is another good one for me, as is celery
stuffed with tuna salad (low carb Ranch dressing in place of mayo).
--cold leftover skinless chicken and raw green pepper or raw green beans dipped in Ranch dressing.

I'd love it if we could get snack suggestions from our group. In my case they have to be low carb, low sat fat.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, one of my favorite snacks is one of those tortillas spritzed with spray butter and sprinkled with a teaspoon of cinnamon sugar, baked in oven till crispy. You could use stevia or other sweetener.

I love celery and PB, too .
Old 06-13-2012, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Nice job Quinn! So you're under 1000 calories now?
I've been really, really busy this week. So, instead of skipping meals or going through the drive-through, I've been "grazing" all day on fruits, veggies, almonds, dried cranberries, etc. (And there were a couple of skipped meals...) By doing that, my calories have been way down (900-1000 on average this week.) It's hard to eat 1000 calories in veggies!! (Oh, and buckets of decaf coffee. )

Starting today, my schedule will really ramp up through the weekend, which means that it's going to get harder and harder to keep my calories down. Hoping that I can use this same method until Saturday. Although Friday will be tough because I'll be in the kitchen all day... and... well... there are bowls and beaters to be licked... I mean washed... and the yummy food begins to invade my house.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, post about the ad here http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...monitored.html
Old 06-13-2012, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Ashlie, I've had the same problem recently doing well during the day and then not controlling myself in the evening. I've been trying to pre-plan and pre-log a healthful, satisfying snack in the evening. Protein and fiber is the key for me:

--Last night was 4 oz. tilapia and half a protein shake.
-- Celery and peanut butter is another good one for me, as is celery
stuffed with tuna salad (low carb Ranch dressing in place of mayo).
--cold leftover skinless chicken and raw green pepper or raw green beans dipped in Ranch dressing.

I'd love it if we could get snack suggestions from our group. In my case they have to be low carb, low sat fat.
Mern,

Some of my favorite snacks are single serving sized cups of mandarin oranges (40 calories), banana or apple with peanut butter, grapes, low-fat pretzels with hummus, and dried cranberries and almonds mixed together.

If I want something cold and sweet, like frozen yogurt or ice cream, I'll break low-fat graham crackers in half and spread with a little fat-free Cool Whip, like an ice cream sandwich, and then freeze them individually. I think they're around 50-60 calories.

Last edited by quinnesec; 06-13-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday weigh in: 175 (+1 ) Time to get my butt in gear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.