FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Looking For Gals With LBS to lose! Curvy Hotties Unite!! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/7587-looking-gals-lbs-lose-curvy-hotties-unite.html)

magyckmama 06-05-2012 10:50 AM

Looking For Gals With LBS to lose! Curvy Hotties Unite!!

Weight loss can be a lonely road, and I'm tired of walking it by myself! How about you? I am looking for positive ladies to take the journey with me. I recently gave up Nutrisystem because it is just not working for me anymore. I lost 30 lbs with them and have hit a very high plateau and can't seem to climb down. I am currently 279 lbs but that doesn't matter because everyone is welcome! Whether you have 5 lbs or 200 lbs to lose, you are on a path of excellence by taking that first step to health! Let's do it together!

It is a proven fact that positive attitudes of those that are there in your life can boost your loss and your confidence and self esteem! Love you all and hope I can be there for you!

Elizabeth
[email protected], or Magyckmama here on FitDay:)

LMB2011 06-05-2012 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by magyckmama (Post 82885)
Weight loss can be a lonely road, and I'm tired of walking it by myself! How about you? I am looking for positive ladies to take the journey with me. I recently gave up Nutrisystem because it is just not working for me anymore. I lost 30 lbs with them and have hit a very high plateau and can't seem to climb down. I am currently 279 lbs but that doesn't matter because everyone is welcome! Whether you have 5 lbs or 200 lbs to lose, you are on a path of excellence by taking that first step to health! Let's do it together!

It is a proven fact that positive attitudes of those that are there in your life can boost your loss and your confidence and self esteem! Love you all and hope I can be there for you!

Elizabeth
[email protected], or Magyckmama here on FitDay:)

I will take the journey with you. I have never did weight lose program. I've been enrolled in a lifestyle change class though. Where we had to be accountable to/for everything we ate. Then the class met weekly to weigh in and turn in our food journals. Anyway, now we on our own and I have noticed I'm slipping back into allowing myself to eat those high fat foods. Through out the class I have been able to maintain a loss of 22lbs. I'm currently going back and forth from 290-293.
This journey for me has been a life changer and that has been the best feeling for me. I now the little changes/baby steps do pay off as my doctors said the word wow three to four times in one visit. Leann [email protected]

magyckmama 06-05-2012 05:46 PM

It is wonderful that you have made such big steps! That is AMAZING!!! I have yo-yo'ed so much in my life and this time I want to lose it, and lose it for good! Keep up the excellent work and I look forward to hearing about all of your accomplishments!!! Congratulations!!!!:D:cool:Talk to you soon!:)

WeightlossBoo 06-05-2012 06:17 PM

I'll join you on this journey. I've been on Fitday for over 2 years, but I fell off the wagon after getting down to 223lbs and slowing clawing my way back.
My first goal is to reach 250lbs by my holiday on September 10th and then we'll see from there. I'd like to be under 200lbs by Christmas next year. I know it seems conservative, but I lose weight very slowly so I don't want to disappoint myself. My overall target is to get to a size I'm happy with and then maintain it!

I look forward to your future posts. :)

LMB2011 06-06-2012 12:07 PM

Magyckmama: My wake up call that I needed to make bigger changes in not only eating habbits but also activity was in September when I got the news my A1c test my doctor wanted to run, came back as being in the pre-diabetic range. Being able be a face for my doctors to tell there co-works in the field of treatment, that they have seen the proff in person makes me feel really good and wnat to keep up the work. If I can be an inspiration to others, that's a blessing in its self for me.

WeightlossBoo: Your goal is great! Your overall target to maintain it and ge happy with where you are is excellant. I feel like maintaining is the most important thing for me to do in this journey. As my number's don't budge fast either. This week I have only maintained a .3 lose.

magyckmama 06-07-2012 04:32 AM

Hey girl!! I'm glad you are here! I lost 52 lbs using FitDay about 3 years ago so I know it is an awesome tool! I liked being on Nutrisystem but it has a lot of sodium and preservatives. This way I can keep better track of my choices and have more variety in my diet. You are not in any way being unrealistic! You have set goals for yourself and are working hard to meet them, so you are well on your way to the new you! Thank you for joining me and CHEERS TO US LADIES!!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

magyckmama 06-07-2012 04:49 AM

My wake-up call was after I had Micah (my lil boy, hes 10 months). I realized that I couldn't lift my other two boys(Kai,7 and Liam,6) that have muscular dystrophy without help....Where had all my strength gone? My total weight while I was pregnant got up to 328lbs. Not my heaviest because at one point I reached 352 lbs because of my thyroid. After I had Micah I got down to 308 and couldn't pick HIM up without losing my breath! I wanted to cry and give up because it didn't seem worth it anymore. The fight was too hard and when would I have the time? So after healing I tried to pick up Kai off the ground and had to ask my fiance to help because I was too out of breath. I DID cry....
In October of last year I started Nutrisystem. I lost 20 lbs in 3 months and another 10 in the next 4 months. It was awesome! But I have reached this HUGE plateau. I have been bouncing between 277 and 284 for the last few months. A lot of it has to do with the sodium and content of the food. So I am back to a more healthy stance (upping fruits/veg, leaner meats, balanced carbs/proteins, and adding vitamins).
I am also going to ramp up my exercise!!! I have a Gazelle that I found on Craigslist. Its kinda scary at first, but its actually really fun! Like running on air and feeling like you are actually going somewhere. I am going to get back to walking when the weather gets a little warmer-I live in Washington state, so we are in the middle of Swinter LOL. But now I don't have to do this alone. Maybe this time I can lose it and keep it off! Thank you so much for being here!!! We can do this!!!

sassysweet25 06-07-2012 12:28 PM

I'm in!!

I will definitely join with you. I am a firm believer in a support system. My story is simple "life happened" and my priority was not my weight. We can do this!!

Started May 29, 2012
Highest Weight 225
Current Weight 222
Mini Goal Weight 200
Goal Weight 140

magyckmama 06-07-2012 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by sassysweet25 (Post 83040)
I will definitely join with you. I am a firm believer in a support system. My story is simple "life happened" and my priority was not my weight. We can do this!!

Started May 29, 2012
Highest Weight 225
Current Weight 222
Mini Goal Weight 200
Goal Weight 140

Thanks for being here Sassysweet! Life definitely DOES happen! Priorities happen! I know some people do not understand this, but your WEIGHT is not exactly on the top of the list when you have other responsibilities. And stress adds to the mix and there ya go....But we got this girl!!!!

LMB2011 06-07-2012 05:28 PM

Hi ladies! Yes, we can do it! I agree having support is the key to reaching any goal one has. I now see that the stress of losing both my grandmothers with in a 2 year period was what kicked off my gaining. I was so pre occupied with how my parents where feeling and coping that I didn't pay any attention to how often I was eating out and how much I really was eating. Lack of not wanting to do any extra walking outside after spending an hour each day on the playground watching kids, didn't help. I should have realised something was going on with my body when I noticed I was gaining and gaing, and always falling a sleep for an hour or two. But I just brushed the weight gain off as not being active, and the wanting to take a nap as work related.

kpgood67 06-08-2012 09:16 AM

Hi Ladies, I will join you also! I know the best way to lose weight on any diet is keeping a journal and having a support group. I have tried a million methods and ways, and nothing sticks. I need to stay committed to writing things down and staying accountable to a group. I haven't been on Fit Day for a while but I know when I keep track of things, it keeps me way more focused and able to refuse the things that aren't good for me. I haven't weighed myself yet because I am scared. My guess is I might weigh close to 170. I would like to get in the range of 125-140. Right now that seems like a long road, but I really want to stick it out. Glad to be here.
Kathy

magyckmama 06-08-2012 01:12 PM

How's it going girls?

:)I got to actually WALK OUTSIDE today!!! I think Spring actually made it here today (kinda late, but thats Washington ;p). Anywho ladies, I am in need of ideas for music to work out to. I am a hard rock girl and like to have some tushy-busting music! So if anyone has some ideas I would love to hear them:D

I am going to weigh in on Tuesday and keeping my fingers crossed that I have lost a pound! No more plateau!!!!!! Hope everyone is doing well, and look forward to hearing from ya!

All the love in the world,
LIZ:)

sassysweet25 06-08-2012 01:23 PM

Weekend Blues

Hi Ladies,
When life gets me down, food has always brought me up. I'm fighting the urge to "eat my feelings". I realize that eating is a small symptom of the problem. I am resisting temptation but I'm miserable. I know that this feeling will pass but right now I'm having a pity party without snacks and it sucks!!

kpgood67 06-08-2012 01:42 PM

Don't give up Sassy. I am finding that this, my first day, is really hard too. Keep coming back and writing in your journal to talk out the feelings. They will pass. Do something that makes you feel good like deep stretches or listen to relaxing music. Just don't give up! You can do it! Visualize yourself as an athlete or a healthier version of yourself. Keep that vision in your head. You will get there! It's all possible!

sassysweet25 06-08-2012 01:57 PM

Thanks Kp. I appreciate your inspiring words. I figure if I continue to stay here and read the various discussions these feelings will pass. We can do this!!

sassysweet25 06-08-2012 04:12 PM

Ok ladies I made it through the evening! I see a bright future!

Started May 29, 2012 REWARDS:
Highest Weight 235 210lbs: new sandals
Current Weight 222 190lbs: new bra
Mini Goal Weight 210 170lbs: new yoga pants
Goal Weight 140 150lbs: new purse
140lbs: new clothes

LMB2011 06-09-2012 05:35 AM

I like your reward goals Sassy. I too find myself reading post from others when I can't get my brain to send the I'm full single to my stomach. I find between 3 and 4:30 pm have been the worst time for me. I don't know if it just because I'm in between the hours of when I ate a little bit for lunch and supper. I usually eat a small breakfast at 9am. Usually Eggo waffles and yogurt. Something for lunch anywhere from noon to 1:30. Dinner usually around 5 or 6pm. Although there have been nights where It's been 7 or 8 bye the time I'm home to eat. Eating at 7 I don't think is very good for me only because I have medication that needs to be taken with supper.

kpgood67 06-09-2012 08:44 AM

Hi everyone! Just checking in for today. Checking in daily is one of my goals. I hope everyone is doing great. Weekends are hardest for me because that's when I tend to want my wine and desserts. Got through yesterday without either. Trying to continue to emphasize "one day at a time" to myself. Went for a super long walk today while my son was at baseball practice. Beautiful outside, so glad I did that. Today I feel more confident than yesterday that things will go well.

So I got up the courage to weigh myself today. Was 161.4 pounds. I expected more like 170, because my clothes are tighter than ever, and the most I've weighed is 166. Also, I used to lift weights about 2-3 times a week for a long, long time. Haven't done that in about 6 months. So, unfortunately I think I lost muscle weight and gained fat weight. So, being lower than I thought is not necessarily something to celebrate. My fat measurements are probably really high in relation to muscle. Oh well, it's all possible to get back again. One day at a time...

Stay strong my friends!

Current weight: 161.4 (6/9/12)
First goal weight: 155 (7/7/12)
Ultimate goal weight: 135

magyckmama 06-09-2012 09:47 AM

I am soooooo a snacker....

I am totally with you guys on the snack thing! I'm working really hard to get my self control back and keep plugging away. I finally made out a schedule that I can keep to. I usually don't track my intakes on the weekends (I use this as kind of "training days" and the kids are home so I can try to figure out what my stress triggers are). It is working so far and today I actually stuck to the schedule I made for myself. Happy that we can all identify! It doesn't matter if you have 5 lbs or over 100 lbs to lose, a victory is a victory! I was actually floored that my cholesterol count was down to within normal limits this time around. My triglycerides are NORMAL!!!! Must be doing something right eh?
No doubting ladies, that you are all strong and amazing! We will WIN!!!!!

Check in with ya tomorrow and enjoy your evenings! I'm going to try some popcorn with some Splenda and cinnamon tonight. Only about 90-100 calories per serving (thats about four cups of popcorn :/);)

sassysweet25 06-09-2012 10:14 AM

Saturday so good so far

I'm glad to see that all are well. Today's been a really good day. Temptation is every where. I do get irritated when people attempt to get me to eat something after I politely say no thank you. I tried to explain to my friend that i am not restricting foods I just don't eat things that I have no idea what the caloric value is. Overall I am doing it one day at a time! I am too blessed to be stressed!

kpgood67 06-10-2012 02:14 PM

Hi all. Staying relatively on track. Went about 150 cals over yesterday and today. But least I am telling myself, it's OK, I don't have to be perfect. Staying on the horse. Exercised two days in a row. Trying to make a point of having more protein since it keeps me fuller longer. How are the rest of you doing?

sassysweet25 06-11-2012 03:24 AM

Hello Ladies

I went over my calories yesterday by too many to mention. This morning I did my weekly weight and :)I lost 1.4 lbs:). I was shooting for 1.99 lbs but hey I'll take what I can get. This will be a good week. I know that I need to maintain my focus and not allow myself to go back my old way of thinking. I hope all made it through the weekend relatively well.

kpgood67 06-11-2012 06:08 AM

Good job on the weight loss Sassy! And for sticking it through even when you have setbacks. I am thinking about joining the top thread as well -- the 7 day motivational starting 6/11. Good luck to all. Stay focused!

LMB2011 06-11-2012 08:00 AM

I felt like the weekend went ok. I've been bouncing between 290 and 292. I have planned to go and work out this aftenoon. I'm hoping my scale is off, as when I last weighed in for my life style class I was 289. Wed. we weigh in again for the first monthly meeting. I'm hoping to see 288 287 on the scale, then I will be only a pound away from the goal weight that was set. I just keep reminding myself of how fare I have come since July 30, 11 when I weighed my heaviest of 330.

brittany1237 06-11-2012 08:24 AM

New here want friends

Hi ladies
My name is brittany 18yrs
start:200 Goal:125

kpgood67 06-11-2012 02:52 PM

Hiya, just doing my daily check in. Hope you all are sticking to it. Got exercise 3 days in a row. Calories today about 120 over goal. It's OK, I don't mind if it goes slower, I just want to stay on track, and not give up. Keeping track of everything on here really helps to stay focused. I'm thinking about throwing in a "cheat" day or two over the next month. Definitely July 4th and perhaps another. It's all about moderation, right? Take care all!

magyckmama 06-11-2012 03:29 PM

Hey and apologies

First of all: HI BRITTANY!!! WELCOME!! So sorry gals, I have been looking for a house for the fam (4 kids, 2 adults) and have been super stressed and needed a day off. Feel mucho better now and ready to get back to work!

Sassysweet CONGRATULATIONS! You are awsome!!! I'm nervous about weighing in tomorrow. I just keep hoping that that scale and I will be friends instead of frienemies someday LOL. And LMB you have great goals and I know you will reach them. Its a journey and that first step is a doozy but after that it becomes a quest. And I know quests can be tough but we are strong if we have come this far and have the strength to keep going!

Kpgood, I have an idea for protein (always check with your doc first). I have a protein shake in the morning for breakfast. Target has a whey and protein powder that is good quality and has 50% of your daily protein value. The only drawback is that the cholesterol is a bit high (23% of the daily value) but that less than an egg :). It's very versatile and yummy. I usually have a chocolate banana smoothie in the morning and feel full until lunch. Have been feeling great after drinking them. Have energy without the burnout that a lot of canned protein drinks have given me. The sugar is only 2 grams per scoop of powder and the smoothie only has about 260 calories total.

Anyone taking multivites? If so which ones have worked for you?

Lets do this!!!!!
LIZ

kpgood67 06-13-2012 06:12 AM

Hi all!
Didn't check in yesterday. Oops. I ate terribly! I only went 200 over cal goal, but I ended up eating half a bag of potato chips for lunch! I just craved it, and gave in. I felt awful a few hours later -- numbed out and tummy too full. I will try to remember how that feels next time I want to do something like that.

Liz, thanks for the protein shake tip. I will look for those next time I'm at Target. Summer also offers lots of opportunities for grilling, so I'm trying to get some decent portions of grilled meats each night.

Here's hoping today goes great fo all!

With lots of encouragement and warmth!
Kathy

kayla.underhill 06-13-2012 05:33 PM

Hi everyone! I'm Kayla, I'm 20 years old, currently 175 post baby, and totally verging on weight depression. I can't help thinking about in high school I was a size six (of course I thought I was huge) and I shared clothes with all my "skinny" friends (which of course never made it occur to me that I was actually quite small as well). Now I couldn't share clothes with them if they sewed all their clothes together... I absolutely must do something, (did I mention I'm only 5' tall?) and would love some motivational help, and any tips anyone has, as I've never ever had to diet before in my life. I look forward to making some serious progress along with everyone else!

Current: 175 lbs
Mini-goal: 165 lbs
Goal weight: 130 lbs.

kpgood67 06-14-2012 07:36 AM

Hi Kayla! Glad to have someone else in here! I made a goal of checking in daily, even if I'm only replying back to myself. Ha! That really keeps me focused. I feel like keeping track of things and having accountability here is what keeps me going. I don't think it really matters what diet you follow, it's accountability and keeping track that really matters, IMO. So, I'm doing about 1500 calories a day and exercising 4-5 a week. Sometimes I go over my calorie limit, but I don't stress about it, because I think real weight loss that stays off is about changing behavior over time, and not expecting yourself to be perfect. Yesterday, I did really well. Stayed in my cal limit and walked/jogged 5 miles. A few times this week haven't been as great though. But, checking in here is what keeps me going despite how I do calorie-wise. Take care and have a great day!
Kathy

LMB2011 06-14-2012 07:48 AM

I'm happy to report that I was able to maintain 289. I'm hoping this weekend I will be able to meat my goal of 286 and maintain it. My next four days are going to be spent with family, eating is going to be a challenge, but swimming is going to be a blast. Have a good weekend everyone.

magyckmama 06-14-2012 08:16 AM

Welcome to Kayla!!! Hi gals!!!

Glad to see we have a new friend to walk with us!!! WELCOME KAYLA!!!! Changing over time I have found is very helpful, EXCELLENT advice kpgood. Some people kinda hang up their habits cold turkey and it's kind of a shock to the system and the body fights back! For some people it's ok and they do just fine. I have had to really fight off my urges to eat at night. I am going to give up TV at night because that is when I feel like I want to snack. Maybe I will just change my snack choice.

Have to say my weigh in went well: 3 lbs!!!! New weight:276 lbs! Going to bust my booty for the next 4 days though. Been kinda slackin' off and there really is no excuse. I have been saying it's stress, but I should be using that stress to work out on. Pushed myself this morning to actually WALK to our Target here so got in about 2 miles this morning before it started to rain. Great motivation here in Washington (you can smell and SEE the rain coming LOL)!

Glad everyone is doing well! LMB: I know you will do well! It's hard when I visit my family too. They tend to eat....a lot. My mom is basically a self-taught pastry chef....Everything tends to have the word cream or "filled" in it LOL! Good luck and you have gotten so far, I know you will make your next goal! My next goal is to take a picture of myself that is not just a face shot. I know for some people that seems like I'm being vain, but its hard when you don't want people to see your body....

So major loves to ya ladies and I will try to be more active in replying. Still looking for a house and trying to keep my sanity in the process LOL.

:pLIZ

kayla.underhill 06-14-2012 11:17 AM

Hey everyone! I feel like I've done pretty good today so far, I am well below my 1200 calorie limit, but I also have not made supper yet.... at any rate, I did fit in a 20 minute workout in my crazy day today, which doesn't sound like a lot, but with interval training it really is PLENTY. I fought for those last couple minutes. I am right there with you about late night snacking issues! What worked for me is just going to bed when I've finished everything I need to. Even if its like 9:00. It cuts down on snacking, and you get an extra hour or 2 of sleep, win win! I hope everyone is having a lovely day!

Also, how does everyone do your weigh-ins? Weekly? Bi-weekly? Not at all? :)

magyckmama 06-14-2012 04:18 PM

Weigh ins....

I usually weigh in once a week and do my measurements once a month. I do my workouts in the morning when my two oldest boys are in school and it's just me and the youngest. During Summer break I will probably get up earlier and do them before everyone wakes up. Sometimes it's just nice to have the quiet. I like to walk too, and having a baby small enough for a stroller is the perfect excuse for me to get out when the weather is nice! Kai and Liam are in wheelchairs so they give me plenty of exercise when we go outside. I have them go fast, and I run after them :).

Someone gave me some advice yesterday: if you can, break up a workout into three ten minute sessions during the day to keep your metabolism up. I'm going to try it and see if it works. Nutrisystem also has this thinking (it's called "The Daily 3") and I really didn't do it because the whole reducing the calories drastically like you do killed me and I ended up more tired than anything.

Hopefully I will be checking in tomorrow. Have a loooooong day ahead! My washer was broken for almost a week! Had to do laundry in the bath tub. Now I know how my female ancestors stayed so svelte!

All the love,
LIZ

Keily664 06-15-2012 03:58 AM

Hi all!!

I am Kaitlyn and I totally need some motivation.
I'm 13, 5' 8", and 218.6 LB.
I know that may not seem like a lot, but it does to me so I would like to get down to at least 150 more like 125.

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn

Keily664 06-15-2012 05:43 AM

I just finished riding a little over half a mile on my bike. I set out to ride a mile, but after half a mile i decided that I shouldn't push myself too hard. I drank two bottles of water and half a bottle of Gatorade. But that was a good thing because it was about 93 degrees outside!! Missouri is totally in summer mode. LOL

Keep up the great work girls!! :D

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn

enna1022 06-15-2012 06:40 AM

I'd like to join you ladies. Just starting now, but I'm in it to win it!!
We have a group of us that walk during lunch at work. I had given it up but am determined to do it every day now.

We just had our biometric testings done at work and I am not happy with my results. I'm 5'2" and 145lbs. I'd like to eventually get back to 115lbs. I love the support on this board!

kpgood67 06-15-2012 01:28 PM

Hi and welcome to you two above! Congrats to the others on the weigh in! I am plugging along. Have to travel for a baseball tournament this weekend so I am trying to figure out how to eat healthy on the road. Have to show up an hour early both days, so I plan to get my walk/jogs in while my son practices during that time. It's "that time of the month" so I am avoiding a weigh in till it's over. Good luck to all this weekend, and keep on keeping on!

kayla.underhill 06-15-2012 03:30 PM

Hey everyone! I had a fairly good day today. Walked for 20 minutes, it was too hot outside to do anything else (Texas is in summer mode too!). The chocolate monster attacked me after work, but I still stayed under 1200 for the day, so I guess it wasn't so bad. I hope everyone had an awesome day! :D

magyckmama 06-16-2012 05:18 AM

Welcome Keily and enna!

Hi Girls! And huge WELCOME to Keily and enna!!! Our numbers are increasing and that is so encouraging to see!!

@Keily: I know what it is like. I grew up being the biggest kid in my class. Height and weight wise I was always the biggest girl. My freshman year I was 5'8" and 200 lbs. I started to gain serious weight my junior year and graduated highschool at 280 lbs. But you have a goal to live a healthier lifestyle and that is something you should be proud of chica!!!! I try to be here often, every day or every other day, because I know that support is important and we ALL need support and friendship to keep us going! My e-mail is [email protected] if anyone wants to e-mail me.

@enna: Hi!!! Totally keep up the walking! It's the one exercise that I have been faithful to and will continue to be faithful to! I lost 52 lbs using fitday and walking a few years ago. Saved my life :) Determination is our greatest strength and the ability to never surrender a close second when it comes to our goals. It's not always easy, but saying "I quit" is not easy either. Keep up the awesome work and let us know how you are doing!

Love to see the support and the LOVE here gals!! I didn't think this many people would respond and I thank you so so much for being here for eachother!
All the love,
LIZ:D