Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6.4.12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6.4.12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6.4.12

Old 06-05-2012, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hope I didn't know that people with fibro often have blood sugar issues. Kudos on your exercise! I miss Amy, too. Had it been one of her kids, she'd have dashed out to the woods to find a real log to make the log cabin--and she probably could put it together in an hour, too. But in my case it's "Thank God for cardboard and duct tape." I wish you stress relief, kiddo. I'm sure it's very difficult to handle. But I also know you work hard at weight loss. What it FD--FitDay?

April, OMG what a sweet thing to say! I do hope my grandkids have fond memories of times spent with me and with DH when they grow up. I hope they learn from me to do their best, but that you don't always have to be perfect--and leave room for fun, laughter, and love their lives. I got the nicest email from my 65 year old cousin yesterday, whose father was killed in the Korean War. So he looked to my Dad as his role model and he mentioned several fond memories of him.

OMG, what a break it has been to not have to drive live-in GD to work or to her BF's when I have other things I also need to do. From what I witnessed so far, I'm comfortable with the way she drives. I also test drove her (first) car myself yesterday just to give myself some peace of mind--and it drives as nicely as my husband's car and even better than my own.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, I agree--really lovely avatar! You have gorgeous eyes and such a warm, friendly smile, too. So glad your work stress is almost over. When do you head for Indiana? Nice goals!

April, Terri's avatar shows up nice size on my computer, but I can also use the zoom feature of my web browser to see it further enlarged. Did you try that?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:43 AM
FitDay Member

Another successful day! Most of my goals have already been met and I had the BEST salad for lunch with just stuff from my fridge... lettuce, a sectioned orange, green pepper, green onions, a hard boiled egg and Kraft Light Asian dressing. All for just over 200 calories and I'm stuffed! (Almonds would have been great too, but I wanted to keep the calories down.)

I'll probably post my day early, as hubby and I have a big outdoor project to do at 5:00.

MORE EXCITING NEWS!!

A few minutes ago, we received news that my daughter was accepted into an international studies program at her university which will take her to India or Ghana, travel expenses paid! WOOHOO!!!!!! We've been going to the mailbox every day, anxiously waiting for the decision. It IS a great day!!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:17 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, great job on your salad. And a huge WOOHOO on DD's acceptance into the International Studies program and travel expenses paid! Keep us posted as to where she's going and when. Congratulations!!!

Counting down! 11:15AM tomorrow I'll be all done with driving the grandkids to and from two different schools for the school year due to no busses. The grandkids (except for live-in GD because she has to work) are supposed to be able to visit their dad out of state for the rest of the month of June, but that has always turned out to be just a few days because he always finds an excuse why he has to go back on his word. I love my grandkids dearly, but even just a few days of vacation from child care will be very welcome.

I've done very well today and was grateful I made a batch of delicious low carb chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffins yesterday because it saved me from cheating with the glazed doughnuts that were on the kitchen table. My muffins are yummier.

I don't have to cook tonight, so I'm just going to have a grilled chicken tossed salad with low carb ranch and a low carb protein shake with flaxmeal. Snack tonight will be celery with Naturally More peanut butter.

Tomorrow is my son's 33rd birthday. We're just taking him and live-in GD out to dinner at a restaurant I love that has delicious food that fits into my plan. I am going to make a batch of those super yummy blonde flaxmeal brownies that April posted the recipe for a month or so ago that I adapted to low carb. That'll save me from the birthday cake.

Last edited by Mern; 06-05-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

Those muffins sound good! Could you post the recipe?
Old 06-05-2012, 09:43 AM
FitDay Member

Cate and other low carbers

This is the flaxmeal blonde brownie type squares that April (Wildbeanerz) posted knowing I could adapted it to low carb. OMG, it's super-yummy--feels like your cheating but you're not. If cut into 20 squares, each square is just 6.4g total carbs, 3.9g fiber, so only 2.5g net carbs.

Thanks again, April!

Almond-Chocolate Blondies Low Carb
Original recipe from April on FitDay Motivational group 4-12-12
Adapted by Mern

1 cup almond butter (I used MaraNatha Natural No Stir Creamy-Walmart)
2/3 cup imitation sugar free honey (I used HoneyTree's brand-Walmart)
1/4 cup coconut milk OR 1/4 cup water plus 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
3/4 cup zero cholesterol liquid eggs (like Egg Beaters)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons ground flaxmeal
6 tablespoons (47g) vanilla whey protein powder
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (I used double acting)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips (I used Hershey)
Olive oil spray for the baking dish (Or use just no-stick spray)

Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Spray an 8-inch square glass baking dish with olive oil spray or no-stick spray.

1. In a large bowl, place almond butter, honey, coconut milk (or water and coconut extract) eggs, and vanilla. Whisk together until well blended and smooth.

2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, flaxmeal, protein powder, baking powder, and baking soda until well mixed.

3. Add dry ingredients to almond butter mixture and stir just until blended. Then stir in chocolate chips.

4. Scrape the batter into prepared dish and bake until browned around the edges and a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it, about 25 minutes.

Notes:
Let cool about 15 minutes before cutting.
Cut into 20 squares and serve.
Store at room temperature an airtight container for up to 3 days.

Nutrition counts for entire recipe:

3731calories; 228.5g fat; 57.5g saturated fat; 81.5g polyunsaturated fat; 84.5g monounsaturated fat; 128.7g total carbohydrates; 78g fiber; 50.7g net carbohydrates, 117g protein; 25g cholesterol, 1765g sodium

Nutrition counts for 1/20 recipe
187 calories; 11.4g fat; 2.9g saturated fat; 4.1g polyunsaturated fat; 4.2g monounsaturated fat; 6.4g total carbohydrates; 3.9g fiber; 2.5g net carbohydrates; 5.9g protein; 1.2g cholesterol; 88.2g sodium
Old 06-05-2012, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Quick report on my day, then it's off to do outdoor painting...

Weekly Goals:

1. Walk daily, weather permitting. Yes, Yes
2. Calories between 1000-1200... I know it's low, but it's just for 2 weeks. Yes, Yes
3. 3-4 fruits and veggies daily. Yes, Yes
4. NO bread, cheese, frozen yogurt, etc. Think clean, clean, clean food. None, None
5. Loose 2-3 lbs. this week... results on Saturday.
6. 80-100 oz. of liquids a day. Yes, Yes
Old 06-05-2012, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe, here's the muffin recipe. Some people don't like them, but I do and almost always have some on hand. Then again, I love flaxmeal.

Chocolate Mocha Flaxmeal Muffins
Mern's recipe
Freezes well and are delicious rewarmed

**Note: these are moist muffins. If using paper muffin/cupcake tin liners, peel off paper before rewarming in microwave for maybe 10 seconds or so.

Delicious with almond coffee--just regular coffee to which 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon almond extract is added.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup egg substitute or 2 eggs, beaten
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup ground flaxmeal (I use Bob's Red Mill brand found in baking or health food aisle of grocery store
6 tablespoons Vanilla Protein Shake Mix (I use Walker Diet found online)
4 tablespoons oil
1 cup granular Splenda, Apriva or other heat stable pourable artificial sweetener that measures the same as sugar (the volume is necessary for proper texture)
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cup strong prepared coffee (I use decaf--doesn't matter whether brewed or instant)
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray with Pam a 12 cup non-stick muffin tin or use paper liners

Beat eggs well with hand whisk.
Add remaining ingredients one at a time, whisking well after adding each.

Divide evenly between the 12 muffin cups (about 1/4 cup each). Bake about 14 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Cool 5 minutes in muffin tin on wire rack before removing the muffins from the tin. Finish cooling on wire rack. If not using paper liners, loosen around each muffin with a plastic knife and then remove muffins onto wire rack.

Entire recipe makes 12--with egg substitute and pourable Splenda, and lowcarb protein shake mix
1412 calories; 100.7g fat; 14.4g sat fat; 54g poly fat; 23.8 mono fat; 93.2 carbs 48.1g carbs 65.9g protein; cholesterol 25mg.

Per muffin (1/12 recipe) 117 calories; fat 8.4g; 1.2g sat fat; 4.6g poly fat; mono fat 2.0g; Carbs 7.7g; Fiber 4.0g; Net carbs 3.7g; Protein 5.3g; cholesterol 2.1mg
Old 06-05-2012, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

My post tonight will be short - it's been a very busy day got dumped on at work to help bind and produce a bunch of reports that I wasn't expecting.

Didn't get the walk in - sick dog and car troubles didn't help, but at least I got more exercise at the job than normal. Still not drinking enough water, but have DOUBLED the amount that I have been drinking so I'm up to about 48 oz for the day.

Also up a pound on the scale, so I went through my food logs and calculated the net carbs since May 26 (day 1) and wrote them down in my mood journal, and reread the Atkins approved induction foods (oops I've been eating almonds and coconut). Today net carbs = 21.0

Mern thanks so much for the recipes. I will definitely try the muffins (I am such a chocoholic!)

Hope I didn't know about link between blood sugar and fibro - interesting to know.

Quinn great news about your daughter!

Everyone else you are keeping me inspired! Going to bed now so that I meet at least one goal today.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:12 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Ugh, I'm so angry about these pounds I gained over the weekend... I know these things happen and just have to take it in stride, but I was feeling so good about being down for the week, and now I'm somehow magically back where I started last week, plus a pound... grrrr. Alright, I'm over it.
We must be living the same life. I've been doing the same thing for the past month or so.....ughhh

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Tori ... You can make up that water! Don't let Mike beat you with water!
He cheated. He can call it what he wants, but I didn't check to see what he had drank and then go back and drink more just to beat him. He cheated. I'd rather play fair

Originally Posted by taubele
Hi guys,

Mind if I join a day late and a dollar short?
Are we gonna tell you no?? I mean seriously? Of course you can join in a day late. You just gotta promise to keep me here all week (I've been slacking)

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
That's the right attitude, maybe Tori will adopt it
my attitude is just fine thankyouverymuch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.