Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6.4.12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6.4.12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6.4.12

Old 06-08-2012, 03:58 PM
FitDay Member

Well, I seem to be going against the grain here, but I've decided to take a wee break from logging and reporting, just for the weekend. I'm feeling out of sorts right now from my endless cold and my endless PMS. I can't take a deep breath without having a coughing fit and I'm so bloated that my stomach feels like a water balloon. I'm cranky and emotional and feeling blah. So rather than bumming myself out, I'm just going to cut myself some slack. I'm still going to try to eat right, drink my water, take my vitamins, etc, but I'm not going to bother with logging it or with my goals for the rest of the week. Hopefully this will all be in the past within a couple of days, and I can start fresh, re-energized and re-motivated on Monday.

Good luck, Weekend Warriors! You all seem raring to go. That's awesome
Old 06-08-2012, 05:21 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Tori I don't know that I'll be able to fit you into my suitcase - if there's any extra room, I'm probably taking shoes

I went to our local farmers market today and got some asparagus. I don't usually buy fresh vegetables 'cause I never use them before they go bad, but holy cow these were amazing! I just baked them 'til a tad crispy with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. I swear they were like potato chips only better.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Thanks Tori I don't know that I'll be able to fit you into my suitcase - if there's any extra room, I'm probably taking shoes
I completely understand. If I were in the same situation, I'd take shoes too! Heck, I went to NOLA for a week and had a bag of nothing BUT shoes.....and wore every pair while I was there.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I went to NOLA for a week and had a bag of nothing BUT shoes.....and wore every pair while I was there.
Then cried like a wittle baby when you couldn't find more when you went shopping.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
Well, I seem to be going against the grain here, but I've decided to take a wee break from logging and reporting, just for the weekend. I'm feeling out of sorts right now from my endless cold and my endless PMS. I can't take a deep breath without having a coughing fit and I'm so bloated that my stomach feels like a water balloon. I'm cranky and emotional and feeling blah. So rather than bumming myself out, I'm just going to cut myself some slack. I'm still going to try to eat right, drink my water, take my vitamins, etc, but I'm not going to bother with logging it or with my goals for the rest of the week. Hopefully this will all be in the past within a couple of days, and I can start fresh, re-energized and re-motivated on Monday.

Good luck, Weekend Warriors! You all seem raring to go. That's awesome
nobe, I hope you feel better soon! I hate that feeling where you just hate the world and the world refuses to cooperate with you. Have a good weekend, and we'll see you back here on Monday!
Old 06-09-2012, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:

1) 8 glasses of water minimum: 9,9,9, IDK,IDK but not that much
2) 1650 calories maximum:[COLOR="seagreen"]1089, 1328,1376, 1393, IDK but a lot
3) walk or gym (back permitting) 3x: no, no, 45 minute walk with DH, no, yes walk in woods by myself good for my soul
4) stretch every day: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
5) 500 "real" words a day 5x a week: no, yes, yes, no, yes
6) 1 hour writing a day 5x a week: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) 5 veggies/fruits per day: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
Old 06-09-2012, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe, I hope you feel better.

I applaud you weekend warriors but my version tonight will be: lift beer, drink it, lift chips, eat them, lift donut...well that could go either way. It is poker night so all bets are off re food. However, I have prelogged and planned my snacks into my daily calorie count. I tried that last night but I was already over what I am trying to maintain (1200-1300 despite my stated goal) when I started. Then I went hog wild, ironically while drinking and playing Pigs with friends.

I am hoping to take a walk or go to the gym but it's not looking good....
Old 06-09-2012, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Met my goal of losing 2-3 lbs. by Saturday by weighing in 2.6 lbs. down from Monday. Everything seems to be working and back on track, so I'm not going to change a thing. (Wish I could talk husband into eating cleaner, but he works really hard in the yard this time of year and never seems to gain weight, no matter what he eats.) At 6'4", there's a lot of places to hide an extra few pounds; not like on my wimpy 5'5" frame.

Anyway, it's nearly 90* and breezy and I'm off to take a beautiful hike in the cool woods.

Enjoy your day!

quinn
Old 06-09-2012, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator

Tori vs. Mike Goals
1) highest % of weight lost (181.0 beginning weight)
2) most ounces of water per day 135.2 (8 bottles baby!), 101.4, 101.4, 101.4, 118.3 (557.7oz)
3) most servings of fruits/veggies (fresh, frozen, V8, doesn't matter) 6.5, 6.5, 9.5, 3, 3 (28.5 total)
4) least amount of bread (servings) 0, 1, 0, 2, 1 (4 total)
5) most miles walked 0, 0, 5.2, 0, 0 (5.2 total)

Mike specific
FAIL 1) write 3 policies 0, 0, 2, 0, 0
2) no Blasts NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE
3) 2 RAK 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal

Awesome job Quinn!
Old 06-09-2012, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe, So sorry to hear you are still under the weather - you know they say a break is as good as a rest, so hopefully you will get some of both and get refocused when you are feeling better (soon I hope!)

My weekend is not starting out as planned - our 12.5 year old Papillon is pretty sick and I was up about every hour last night with him. We're waiting for a call back from the vet as I write this, but I think we will be facing the inevitable sooner rather than later. Trying not to think about that right now.

I'll be off soon to get some groceries and garden plants. We have had a lot of rain so I'm hoping we can get them in the ground by tomorrow.

Managed about 60 oz water yesterday - not much compared to Mike and Tori, but it is at least double my normal water intake.

Thanks so much for all the great motivating posts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.