Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started!

Old 05-31-2012, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

For yesterday:
1.) Workout x3: 1.5
2.) Stay under 1500 calories/day: 1185, 1298, not sure
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day: 64 oz., 64 oz., 64 oz.
4.) Start studying for candidacy exam in August

So yesterday was alright, but I went out for lunch and had no idea how to calculate the calories. I think it ended up a bit over 1500, but not too much, I don't think.

nobe, I too was wondering where April has been... hopefully everyone's just super busy and enjoying life!

Last edited by bojibridge; 05-31-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Got a message from Quinn--as I guessed, she has been really busy with family responsibilities but she will return ASAP. She writes:

... I miss you all terribly! Actually, things have been really, horribly insane around here... we've had the highest of highs, mixed with the lowest of lows for an entire month of emotional roller coasters.

First, the highs...
My daughter won 11 scholarships and 4 departmental awards and was one of the key speakers ans the President of the graduating class. So, we've had many, many events to attend. But, happily, all wonderful.

Now, the lows...
After my mom's first successful vertebroplasty, I received an emergency call at the scholarship banquet (8:00 at night) that she had fallen at her home and the ambulance was on it's way. So, I had to leave (missed seeing my daughter receiving her scholarships ) and when I got there, she was screaming in pain. Got her to the hospital (a small town, rural hospital that is good for absolutely nothing) she was misdiagnosed and screamed for 8 more days until I arranged an ambulance to get her the hell out of here and transported her to Green Bay. She suffered a second spinal fracture and while in the hospital here, two nurses dropped her while helping her to the bathroom... yes, dropped her... right to the ground.

So, she had a second vertebroplasty in G.B. and I have arranged for her to stay at a recovery center for intensive physical therapy (...we have nothing similar where I live) 170 miles away. So, the week of graduation, I spent most of my time commuting back and forth, dividing my time between my mom's needs and my daughter's.

Graduation is now over (the 26th) but I still have her party to get through which is a nightmare... feeding somewhere between 200-250. (Think small wedding reception... lol) on the 16th.

And, in the middle of everything, my back has been a nightmare as well... probably stress related, I'm sure.

Well, that's it in a nutshell... my weight really climbed through all of this as I had no time to prepare proper meals. Last week, I pulled my eating act together and have lost 4 pounds already after seeing a startling number on the scale! I know that you understand when I say that it's so hard to take care of yourself when so many people desperately need your help.

I'm off to the store to order 25 dozen dinner rolls... haha... wish me luck! ...Feel free to share any or all of this with the gang...edit as needed. (Mike hates when I tell him that! lol ) Hope to join back in soon! I need nourishing food!!!!

quinn
Old 05-31-2012, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

Haven't had a chance to read anything yet, but promise to. Just wanted to do a drive by and say HHHEEEYYYYY!!! Will check back on all you lovelies later.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Regarding Mike in the heels:

Isn't it frightening how amazingly easily that image came to our heads, though?
I have scared you for life.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

First check in today and I am so delighted that I had something to read! you bunch of crazies!

Health/Fitness/Lifestyle
1. Drink min 80oz of WATER! Y, Y, Y
2. PM workout - interval training - 3 days/week(at least)!! N, Y:23min, Y:23min
3. Min 72 crunches/day! N, Y, Y
4. 5 Pushups (straight leg)/ 10 pushups (elevated)! N, Y, Y
5. Drink 1 tea/day! N, Y (cinnamon and spice before bed while enjoying a good book!), Y
6. Check in min 2x/day! N, Y, Y
7. Think POSITIVE! (stealing this from you Hope) N, Y, Y
8. Focus more on my sex life! (I won't go into details ladies but I need to do this so its officially a goal!) Y, Y………y

So far so good! Thinking I might take a break from working out tonight but I’ve got that itch…. You know that dreaded feeling that if I miss this one day then I might gain 20 lbs – a little exaggerated but you know what I mean! I’m not sure why I can’t make up my mind about weighing in…. ggggaaaarrrrr.

Mern – thanks very much for your prayers and hugs! Really needing it!

Tori – mmmmmmm Doritos! Cool Ranch is my fav.

Mike – oh Mike – where do I begin! I’m glad to be seeing green as well! It feels good! I see what you are saying about goal #5……however – its because of that book that I’m needing goal #8….ever heard of Fifty Shades of Gray? Nuff said! I think I might try your hooker heels idea and I’m sure it will look hot with my pajama pants!

Nobe – my FIL passed away in January and we just held the Memorial so now she is having a bit of a breakdown – I’m sure it’s the natural grieving process now that he is officially gone but I’m helpless as to what I should do when she is refusing company and drinking all the time. In my opinion she needs to get involved in a grief group or we were thinking of trying to get an in-home grief counselor since she won’t get out of bed. Have fun at your hubby’s dinner…I wish you all the luck with your mother!

Hope – Zumba is amazing! My class is one hour but literally its just dancing and you can do it at your own intensity and the hour flies by! There are sooooo many zumba videos on youtube! You should check it out!

Cassie – so very frightening that image was….but humorous at the same time! Good luck for the remainder of the week!

Be back later for check in #2!!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:05 AM
FitDay Member

Really busy day today. Getting ready for GD's graduation tomorrow.
Haven't logged again but didn't have much time to eat. Had just a few almonds, some low sodium ham and low fat cheese with a squirt of horseradish sauce, fish oil capsules, and DH so lovingly grilled chicken breasts and steamed broccoli fresh from our garden. Veggies right out of the garden taste so much better than from the store! Oh, I forgot I did have eggs and a sausage patty from McDonalds along with a decaf coffee with cream--was on the run with GD and her BF and that was where they wanted to eat and I was starving. But the rest of the day was really low sat fat and cholesterol, so I may have been on target anyway.

Again I am forced to make apologies to anyone I haven't addressed personally, sending congrats to all who are doing well and hugs of encouragement to those who are not.

Mike, no--I wear the stilettos with my dominatrix outfit. I had to look up the intials in white--I'm new at this wild stuff. LOL

Cassie, it took a nano-second to envision Mike in his heels in NOLA! There are so many old pals from our group that I miss.

Pam, thanks. I trust you saw the reply below to my PM to Quinn yesterday. I echo your 's and 's on Mike prancing around in those hooker heels.

Nobe, you are so welcome for the hugs and support. You're always there for me as are the rest of our group. Kudos on your weigh-in and finding you didn't gain. I didn't reach my mini-goal, but I'm OK with that as long as I'm not gaining or am on a plateau for a long time. You surely did get in some quality exercise with all the painting and moving stuff up and down stairs. Best wishes on future deficits (and paychecks). I hope DH's birthday dinner at your Moms turns out to be unexpectedly pleasant. I PM'd April recently and got no reply.

Hope, your reports this week look mahvelous, dahling! Thanks for your encouragement, too. My doc must not be very concerned about running so far behind--or maybe they just tell me when they email me a reminder that I'm scheduled for 15 minutes but she has her apointments further apart than that. I try to not monopolize her time, but she is the one who keeps talking. I'm hoping in the next couple visits we'll have my triglycerides and cholesterol down to the point where I can stick to the 15 minutes without having to work with her on a plan of attack. Doc's like her are so hard to find--I'm really lucky.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Checking in early...looks like all are doing well.

Mern, it's awesome that you had a good day even without tracking along. I hope you all enjoy your day tomorrow for graduation. Your veggie description made me hungry. I love broccoli! I had a fresh from the garden cuke today and it was delicious.

Hope, thanks for your kind words. I hope that the back and forth with your GD is on a high point today. You know you will miss it when she's gone, lol. What, again, is her intended major?

Jho, I'm sorry, in the craziness, I missed your need for positive thoughts and prayer...what's going on? I can also relate to the skipping exercise panic. Unfortunately, I often adopt the, well, if I don't exercise and I'm going to backslide anyway, might as well do it up right...and then I eat junk . But I know you're stronger than that!

Mike, can we at least get a YouTube of your fmp's? I sometimes find it so hard to choose between those and plastic platform boots...

Well, I had a wonderful chance to catch up today...only had one eval here on this side of town and it canceled, so I got a couple reports done and off my desk, and also spent a lot of time on the phone with two insurance companies trying to straighten out some snafus that have been going on for months. The boy and I made a new recipe from Cooking Light and it was a definite keeper. Still have some work tonight, but it was fourtunately a less stressful day than I've had in quite some time, so I am thankful!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, thanks for your kind wishes for tomorrow. I'm so glad to read that you had a less stressful work day than usual, even having time to do come catch-up work. Also glad you enjoyed your cuke--ours must not have come up yet--I'm pretty sure DH planted some. We also have radishes, spearmint, green beans and tomatoes and some kind of melon but I don't know if that'll do good in our soil. How fun that you and your son found a keeper recipe from Cooking Light. I hope the rest of your evening is smooth and satisfying. Big hug to ya!

I probably won't be online again until Saturday, joining the Weekend Warriors. I think I'll be able to stay on track dietwise tomorrow. I'll promise to do half an hour of aerobic walking DVD tomorrow and then hit the gym Saturday.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

Mern--sending prayers to you and your family, you've had an awful lot on you lately. awesome report from your doctor! you go lady!

Jho--is the book worth the read? Whatshisname comes home in October (got his ETS orders today YAY!!!) , maybe I need to try some new things out on him

Joanna--goals are looking GOOD! great job!

Cassie--what was the recipe?? I still haven't had full "catch up time", what's that like?

Pam--I'm gonna have serious nightmares of the image of Mike in FMPs.....

Hope--Mike's gonna think he's right no matter what, so what's the use in correcting him?

and....MIKE!!!! You weren't suppose to tell them the ACTUAL reason I was MIA! I had been doing good today, but I may need more Cheez Its and Doritos to get through the night. Oh wait, I ate them all last night......the pint of Shine will have to do then

Quick update. The week has gone well, with the exception of Monday. Monday was bad.....I've only put in 2.25 miles of my 8, but I'll get them before Sunday night. Probably tomorrow and Saturday cause I'm going to the zoo on Sunday with a friend and her girls. I wanna see the monkeys, monkeys are funny There have been some tears, but it hasn't been horrible. I've been nice to Whatshisname all week so far. I haven't panicked and I've got 2 days of makeup & "did" hair so far. Will get to my 5 though *maybe*.....I think that's it. Will catch up with y'all later.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Got a message from Quinn--as I guessed, she has been really busy with family responsibilities but she will return ASAP. She writes:

... I miss you all terribly! Actually, things have been really, horribly insane around here... we've had the highest of highs, mixed with the lowest of lows for an entire month of emotional roller coasters.

First, the highs...
My daughter won 11 scholarships and 4 departmental awards and was one of the key speakers ans the President of the graduating class. So, we've had many, many events to attend. But, happily, all wonderful.

Now, the lows...
After my mom's first successful vertebroplasty, I received an emergency call at the scholarship banquet (8:00 at night) that she had fallen at her home and the ambulance was on it's way. So, I had to leave (missed seeing my daughter receiving her scholarships ) and when I got there, she was screaming in pain. Got her to the hospital (a small town, rural hospital that is good for absolutely nothing) she was misdiagnosed and screamed for 8 more days until I arranged an ambulance to get her the hell out of here and transported her to Green Bay. She suffered a second spinal fracture and while in the hospital here, two nurses dropped her while helping her to the bathroom... yes, dropped her... right to the ground.

So, she had a second vertebroplasty in G.B. and I have arranged for her to stay at a recovery center for intensive physical therapy (...we have nothing similar where I live) 170 miles away. So, the week of graduation, I spent most of my time commuting back and forth, dividing my time between my mom's needs and my daughter's.

Graduation is now over (the 26th) but I still have her party to get through which is a nightmare... feeding somewhere between 200-250. (Think small wedding reception... lol) on the 16th.

And, in the middle of everything, my back has been a nightmare as well... probably stress related, I'm sure.

Well, that's it in a nutshell... my weight really climbed through all of this as I had no time to prepare proper meals. Last week, I pulled my eating act together and have lost 4 pounds already after seeing a startling number on the scale! I know that you understand when I say that it's so hard to take care of yourself when so many people desperately need your help.

I'm off to the store to order 25 dozen dinner rolls... haha... wish me luck! ...Feel free to share any or all of this with the gang...edit as needed. (Mike hates when I tell him that! lol ) Hope to join back in soon! I need nourishing food!!!!

quinn
Oh man, poor quinniepoo has been through it all!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.