Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started!

Old 05-30-2012, 03:49 PM
FitDay Member

Mern - congrats on all the positive things at your doctor visit! I managed to get back to 175 today, so no loss from last week, but no gain either. Thanks for asking!

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1480, 1584, 1528
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - 1hr walking/weights, 1.5hrs gardening/weights, painted 7 hrs
3) 20% protein minimum - 23%, 22%, 18%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+, 64oz+, no idea - not enough
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 729, 735, 1247
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before - yes, yes, yes

Painted today instead of tomorrow because tomorrow is hubby's birthday and we got roped into going to my mom's for dinner (oh joy). Was a rough day of painting ceilings and moving everything from her sewing room to the third floor to get ready for Friday (probably about 20 trips up and down the stairs with armloads of stuff). Felt good, though. We'll probably be done next week, and then I'll have to find a new way to get huge deficits a couple times a week (not to mention a paycheck!).
Old 05-30-2012, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

Hope - sorry you're still not feeling great. Hopefully it turns around soon. Congrats on your daughter's school achievements!

Jho - it seems a lot of us have been a bit down in the dumps. It'll pass! Sorry if you've explained it before, but what's going on with your MIL?

Mike - Um...isn't that the freaky deaky pot calling the freaky deaky kettle black?

Does anyone know what happened to April? Odd that she dropped off the face of the earth.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:23 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Mern, I like your plan of attack but one thing stood out to me...

What kinda freaky deaky stuff do you and DH have going on? Does he have you prancing around all day in 6" stilettos (aka hooker heels/stripper heels)? That's a sure fire way to make them pop. Last summer when I was working Bourbon Street I was wearing some FMP's (hooker heels) and my calves were banging!

lord, lord, lord... that's an image I will never get out of my head !
Old 05-30-2012, 04:24 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by nobe
Does anyone know what happened to April? Odd that she dropped off the face of the earth.
nobe, why don't you try a PM to April, just to check in?
Old 05-30-2012, 11:05 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals- Yes, Yes, Yes
2)1650 calories MAX- 1420, 1234, 1290
3) eat outside when I can -2 meals, too hot by dinner time, Yes, Yes
4) 8 glasses of water - 8, 6, 14!!!!
5) strrretch _ Yes, Yes, yes
6) gym or walk (even short amounts) 3x- long walk in woods, No, NO
7) write whatever (journal, free writing) 1 hour per day - yes, Yes, yes
8) 500 words "real" writing 5x this week - Yes, yes, yes
9) book tix for Fla -not yet, no, no
10) meditate - no, no,yes
11) stop thinking I am the worst parent in the world - started out bad but then OK and back again when I see my DD unhappy and struggling (especially due to a very troubled friend she feels responsible for), trying, getting better
12 be present - Yes, yes, half and half
13)5 fruits/veg per day (just added this one) yes, yes, no-4

DONE:
1) see acupuncturist for my back - not yet, yes
2) fill out insurance forms -not yet, yes
3) book appointment for DD shot/college health - not yet but got dates, yes
4) book appointment for Ginger - No, yes

Last edited by canary52; 05-31-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:22 PM
FitDay Member

Mern, 40 minutes at the doctor, wow!! And it sound like you're doing great and you've got a good plan going. Kudo on the calf muscles!!! And Mike...errr, I'm not sure I want to think about your calves in shady situations.

Jho, sorry about zumba; you were so psyched you made me think I've got to check it out to see what everyone is talking about. Also so sorry about your m-i-l but an at home grief counselor does sound like a good idea.

Tori, I'd like to hear the snack situation from your point of view. Maybe Mike is not quite getting it right?

Last edited by canary52; 05-31-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

I'm thinking this should be around the time of Quinn's daughter's graduation and the big party, so I'm thinking she's crazy busy. I bet we see her soon, though.

I also miss April here, and Luv, and a host of others; hope they start back again soon.

Mern, I'm glad you're holding up okay, and that the news from your doc was good in that she really listens to how well you know your body and what works. She's a keeper for sure!

Will try to get caught up with everyone a bit later.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

Regarding Mike in the heels:

Isn't it frightening how amazingly easily that image came to our heads, though?

Last edited by cjohnson728; 05-31-2012 at 02:06 AM. Reason: quoted the wrong post, duh!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Catching up the check in:

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 1289, 1413, 1387
2. Exercise 6 hours. 60 min
3. Be a member of the "PCC". Yes, Not in the AM (jail); rebounded in PM, Fair
4. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Sleep 7 hours. 6, 6, 6
6. Follow my pie chart rules. Yes, Yes, Too low on protein

7. Finish the first Report from Hell on Monday Still working...just need one more proof through and the final recommendation as of Thu AM

So, hmm. Not such a great job so far this week. I can't seem to figure out how to nail the days I'm in the busy practice across town; we ended up going out to eat both nights (T/W), so I guess it's good my calories weren't a lot worse. I'm back in my usual routine now for the rest of the week and weekend so I hope to finish strong and make up for the slacking!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Catching up the check in:

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 1289, 1413, 1387
2. Exercise 6 hours. 60 min
3. Be a member of the "PCC". Yes, Not in the AM (jail); rebounded in PM, Fair
4. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Sleep 7 hours. 6, 6, 6
6. Follow my pie chart rules. Yes, Yes, Too low on protein

7. Finish the first Report from Hell on Monday Still working...just need one more proof through and the final recommendation as of Thu AM

So, hmm. Not such a great job so far this week. I can't seem to figure out how to nail the days I'm in the busy practice across town; we ended up going out to eat both nights (T/W), so I guess it's good my calories weren't a lot worse. I'm back in my usual routine now for the rest of the week and weekend so I hope to finish strong and make up for the slacking!
You are not far off in anything. You are very close in your calories and not far off in your sleep. And you are working on the others. Credit where it is due, girl, credit where it is due. Don't be so hard on yourself; you're doing great and especially for eating out two days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.