Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started!

Old 06-03-2012, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Nobe, I hope you feel better!!! You can do it, honey!! We're with ya!!! In my mind, I am throwing that cake right in the garbage!!! Alonh with all the chocolate, cookies and chips I ate yesterday. Even though they were sugar free they were not calorie free and I really went nuts! It happens!! Let's motivate each other!!!
I'm in the middle of eating the last piece of cake right now
Old 06-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Jho, where are you? I guess you are taking the weekend off.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
I'm in the middle of eating the last piece of cake right now
Ahhhh, what the hell, enjoy it... then tomorrow we'll crack the whip!!!

Try on summer clothes...that'll motivate ya!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:23 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much to all for your congrats and kind words on my live-in GD's graduation. Y'all are so sweet.

Quinn, yeah, my celebration cheat excuses have run out. Back on the wagon tomorrow.

Today I did a spectacular job on food--
--a heaping teaspoon of the nutritious kind of peanut butter
-- 1 cup low carb chili
--1/2 cup plain black soybeans
--1/3 cup sauteed spinach
--a tossed salad with ranch dressing
--7 oz. precooked weight sirloin steak
--2 pieces sugar free chocolate.

No exercise, though, and water is deficient.

OK, my vacation from logging is over. Tomorrow it's back on the wagon with food logging, water, and exercise.

Quinn, from what I've seen so far GD is a careful driver, but I'll have to fight to not worry until she gets home if it's dark. Coming home from work or from her boyfriend's she has to drive a curvy two lane, poorly lit road that is desolate for 2 1/2 miles and there are deep gullies on the sides of the road with no guardrails where if you ran off the road your car would overturn. She is fine with her 11PM curfew plus the fact that when she leaves the house in her car, whether it's day or night she must tell us where she's going and what time she expects to be home. Also, we bought her first tank of gas and told her we don't ever want to see the needle on her gas tank down to 1/4 tank. Those rules will help prevent the white knuckles. LOL

I still haven't caught up with all the posts since Friday. But I know where they are--maybe tomorrow.

Huge hugs of appreciation to all who have helped keep me sane without gaining all back all 31 lbs. I've lost so far over the years.

Last edited by Mern; 06-03-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, I'm guessing you already saw this post to me from Hope:

"Mern, tell Quinn I am so sorry about her Mom and so happy for her for all the her DD's many accomplishments. Very impressive!!! I also hope the grad party goes off well with minimal stress and wear and tear on her."
Old 06-03-2012, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

That pop-up add from Lee's Chicken is driving me nuts--causes so much interference that I actually got crabby when trying to edit because it popped up over and over and over and over...

Quinn, did you see Hope's post to me a couple days ago? She wrote:

"Mern, tell Quinn I am so sorry about her Mom and so happy for her for all the her DD's many accomplishments. Very impressive!!! I also hope the grad party goes off well with minimal stress and wear and tear on her."
Old 06-03-2012, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

Uh so, bad weekend in regards to calories... ah well. I did go on a great hike today. It was funny because when my friends invited me, I was like, sure, as long as you don't expect me to go very fast, 'cause it's up a mountain. Turns out I was the fasted person on the hike, and others were having a hard time keeping up with me! They were all like, wow, you're in shape! Haha, it was pretty epic. To be fair, the last time I went hiking I weighed 35 lbs. more...

Anyway, hope tomorrow is better...hope everyone had a good weekend!
Old 06-03-2012, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

Sicker today. Not much of a runny nose, but my head feels like it weighs 100 pounds and my ears are still plugged and my throat still sore. And I'm aching all over. So, no exercise. But I didn't have much of an appetite so my calories are good, and no junk except for finishing off the cake. I'm going to try to get an early night again tonight and hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow, to start fresh on a new week.

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1480, 1584, 1528, 2488, 1608 (for 8 calories, I'm counting it!), 2060, 1428
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - 1hr walking/weights, 1.5hrs gardening/weights, painted 7 hrs, nothing, painted 7 hrs, 1hr walking/1/2hr gardening, nothing
3) 20% protein minimum - 23%, 22%, 18%, 16%, 19%, 15%, 21%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+, 64oz+, no idea - not enough, 64oz+, 64oz, 64oz+64oz
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 729, 735, 1247, +421, 1163, 122, 639
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before - yes, yes, yes, no, yes, no, yes
Old 06-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

I know I'm early for tomorrow but I have a lot going on in the morning and wanted to post this since Tori said that I could make both of our goals.

I figured I'd change it up a bit. First I put up some goals between us, then I'll list Tori specific goals and specific goals for myself.

First things first, we both have to make our journal public for this week and post the link.

Now that I got that out the way, IT'S ON LIKE

Tori vs. Mike Goals
1) highest % of weight lost (post beginning weight)
2) most ounces of water per day
3) most servings of fruits/veggies (fresh, frozen, V8, doesn't matter)
4) least amount of bread
5) most miles walked

Tori specific
1) find a new doctor
2) no smokes
3) no frozen dinners (frozen lunch is okay if you are working)

Mike specific
1) write 3 policies
2) no Blasts
3) 2 RAK

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...?Owner=01gt4.6

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 06-03-2012 at 04:01 PM.