Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!! >

Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Old 05-26-2012, 09:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Tunnrida, good job Saturday! I forgot, when is your next weigh-in?

Monday
Old 05-27-2012, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone thankyou for all the lovely messages- they all mean so much to me.

Trying to get back on track and its proving to be really hard for me. I was just thrown off course being away from home and wasnt in control of cooking methods etc. I thought it would be easy to get back into the driving seat when i got home but ive not jumped straight into it like i thought i would. This has made me feel a bit mad at myself and leads to me not having the right mindset.
I know what i should be doing but it hasnt come naturally like it was. Anyways i can help myself?

Breakfast/Lunch= Brunch lol- anyway it was 1/2 sausage, piece of bacon, 1 egg, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans and granary toast. Would have been much nicer with black and white pudding and hash browns but was good and stopped buying that fatty stuff ages ago.

Does anyone else feel lazy when it comes to preparing food at times? This is probably another reason why ive not been back on track!
Old 05-27-2012, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

I was supposed to go out to eat last night but decided to poach some fish and eat a spinach tossed salad. We're going out for dinner tonight, though, and I'm going to stay on plan for sure. My faux rice pudding made out of textured vegetable protein and vanilla whey protein powder came out really good in texture, but I adapted it from a recipe that had wayyyyyyyy too much nutmeg in it. That had to be a typo. I'm going to try it again later and just use a sprinking of nutmeg.

Tori, kudos for being down .2 on the scale--beats the heck out of gaining! Also kudos on your being way under in calories yesterday. Enjoy the grill-a-palooza at your bro's today.

Tunnrida, wishing you a nice surprise on your scale Monday.

Mike, I think it's supposed to be up to 94 degrees here today. I'm staying in the house except for running live-in GD around a bit today. Ah, she's going to look at a used car today with her Mom and her Mom's BF. It's a '97 Camry with a rebuilt engine and only 50,000+ miles showing on the odometer, so I'm hoping it's in good enough shape for a reliable first car--it's not up to me and DH...

Ama, thanks--it WAS a wonderful day when GD and her BF got their academic achievement awards. Her Mom had to return to work and my husband had some errands to run, but GD and I went out for lunch after the ceremony with her BF and his parents. We had a great time. I got my copy of THE PROPHET and already emailed my little sister the writings on death and on religion. If she sends a positive response, I'll order her a copy of the book because her life is a mess all around and I think she, too, could gain some insight and comfort through it. My sister-in-law is still reeling in pain from her son's death and my brother is still reeling in anger. But I will definitely share the book with them when the time is right. Man, I hate that when I lose a long post or a daily report update. Kudos to you on doing well this week and on your plans for picking up your exercise and making better food choices when busy. I found that I snack too much in the evening when I eat dinner too early. So I have to either eat dinner later or find more filling on-plan snacks.

Joanna, great Saturday report. I wish you a fun and restful weekend.

Nobe, I have gained 5 lbs. of water weight in the past due to the heat and salty foods combined. You did well at the BBQ under the circumstances. Kudos on your control--you can be proud of that. You can also be proud that you have a lot more green in this week's report than red. I'd like to take off 4 lbs. by my official weigh-in at the doc's Wednesday, but I don't think that's gonna happen--I think most of that is fat--but I'm gonna try hard anyway. If I maintain, at least I'll have lost 6 1/2 lbs. since my visit 3 months ago--beats gaining...

Tracey, being away from home and not in control of the menu or cooking methods is indeed difficult. I honestly don't know how I get back on track other than just telling myself "OK, times up. Time to get back on the wagon." Easier said than done and sometimes I have to keep repeating it before it takes hold. Hopefully the others here will have some tricks that will help you. But it looks like you did a fine job with your brunch (yes, that's what we call the combo of breakfast and lunch, too--and that's often my first meal of the day.) I OFTEN feel lazy about preparing food. It's one reason why I was so elated to discover I could poach my fish in the microwave right in the individual plastic pouches in which they were frozen. I found low carb black soybeans and was making baked beans often with tomato sauce and various seasonings and spices, but it took an hour and a half of simmering on the stove. I got tired of that, so now I dump the beans, chili powder, Worchestershire sauce, salt substitute, a packet of artificial sweetener, and a product called Liquid Smoke in a plastic container and just mariniate it in the fridge overnight. I keep a batch made in the fridge all the time now. But those two ideas HELP me stay on track. When you have some free time, maybe you could experiment with making some favorite foods in simpler methods. Best wishes on that--let us know if you come up with a great, easier method, on-plan dishes.

Last edited by Mern; 05-27-2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, stay cool! The heat is brutal for being this early in the year. As always, great job with your choices to stay on plan.

I've been on and off plan. We did go to the graduation party last night and had a lovely time, and also some wonderful food that is difficult to log. I did let my son go on the trip to the NCAAs and all was well. I texted him after they left and told him to tell the boy driving that it was a holiday weekend and there would be many friendly officers on the road . He was back before dark and had a great time.

Tracey, I feel that way too sometimes. I love to cook, but when I'm crazy busy like now, I wish I could short cut it. I thought of this when I read your post:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
dinner.jpg (14.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-27-2012, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

LOL on your thumbnail, Cassie!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Blood type 0 diet - m/y, t/y, w/y, t/y, f/y, s/y, s/y
calories intake max 1200 - m/y, t/y, w/y, t/n f/y, s/y, s/y
exercise my routine every day - m/y, t/y, w/y, t/n f/y, s/y, s/n
drink neem - m/y, t/y, w/y, t/y f/n, s/y, s/n
don't eat junk food - m/y, t/n, w/y, t/y f/n, s/y, s/y
don't drink alcohol - m/y, t/y, w/y, t/n f/y, s/y, s/y
drink lots of water - m/n, t/n, w/y, t/y, f/n, s/n, s/n

Mern - tnx!!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Ugh, so I think we got a family bout of food poisoning from the BBQ. Nothing dramatic, but hubby and I both had upset stomachs last night, and kiddo was up every hour through the night bawling his eyes out, but wouldn't tell us what was wrong (and usually once he's asleep he doesn't get up till morning). This morning I still felt really sick, but figured it was from lack of sleep. I've been up for almost 4 hours, though, and it's just getting worse...I'm shaky and sweaty and feel like I'm going to throw up. I haven't yet, but all I want to do is curl up in a ball. Hubby and kiddo are out right now, so I don't know how they're feeling, but I'm feeling terrible. Hubby's sister mentioned that she didn't think the BBQ was hot enough, and my burger wasn't pink but maybe it wasn't heated enough? Or it could be the hot dogs, since that's what all three of us had some of (forgot to mention or log that I had half of kiddo's hot dog last night).

Don't know if I'll be doing much exercise today, but I don't know if I'll be eating much either. Going to guzzle some more water and lay down.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

Tunnrida, kudos on your type O diet, calories, not eating junk food, and no alchohol Saturday.

Nobe, wishing you and your family a speedy recovery! Big hug to ya!
Old 05-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Okay ladies, my diet has sucked worse than a Dyson. I would try to blame it on a certain someone but that's just lame. It's all my fault.

Tori and I did come to an agreement that of I played tennis I could walk 5 miles instead of 8. I did get in my 5 miles and tennis this morning.

I hit the gym twice this week . Was going to go today but got the call to go catch some skrimps. Skrimpin' without a winch is a lot of manual labor. So I figured that it was a fair trade off for my 3rd workout. After the first run with the trawl I started getting sea sick. I haven't had that happen in 2-3 years but I think the extreme heat probably help it out. After 2 runs I had to head back in. Even though I felt like crap I still had a blast. Yes, that was a blast from Sonic. Told ya, I've been bad.

Anyway I'm missing a lot of my goals but I did tell Tori that if I don't hit my 1.5% weight loss goal for the week that I would go 2 (two, T.W.O, too damn long) whole weeks without a blast. That's nearly a half of a month. Holy shhhhhhhhh! Well I'll weigh in first thing tomorrow morning and post it up. I sure hope that I can eat a blast... Instead of crow!

Mern, that sounds like a wonderful first car. Way better than my first. I remember the first "vehicle" that I ever bought for myself. It was a 1976 XR 75 dirtbike. Even though it was only 4 years old (yes, I was 9 when I bought it) it was a total POS. I guess you can't expect much for $60. I guess it took me 9 years to save up $60 b/c that was ever penny I had. Better the tooth fairy, birthdays, etc I was spent. Times we good back then but boy was the tooth fairy cheap. I wish I could have got that luck when I had to slip bills, instead of a coin under the pillow.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

nobe, I hope you and your family feel better soon. There is no sick quite like food poisoning sick .

Mern, I hope the car works out. I agree, sounds good if it's safe and sound. I have a feeling I'll be in the same position of looking soon enough.

My son lost his two front teeth on the same day. My sister was kind enough to inform him, "Hey, do you know you get $500 when you lose a tooth?!?!" I could've smacked her. Took a lot of explaining to resolve that with a six year old.

I've had an on and off weekend. Friday and today were pretty good; yesterday was bad (graduation party). Work is kicking my butt this weekend and I have a horrible attitude as a result.

I think it's time to pound the treadmill for a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.