Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!! >

Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Old 05-24-2012, 03:44 PM
FitDay Member

Came home from painting, starving, to a big pot of spaghetti with cream sauce and meatballs. No veggies as far as the eye could see. Since I complained last night about hubby not making me anything to eat half the time when I'm working, I didn't want to poo-poo his dinner, but really? He knows that's not the sort of thing I want to be eating. How would you guys handle that? Me, I just ate it. Did well the rest of the day, though, so I'm only slightly over.

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 2241 (I'm calling it guilt-free but I still feel guilty), 1444, 1476, 1667
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - does holding a 30 pound kid for an hour at a parade count?/nothing else, 1hr walking/weights, 25 mins stationary bike/weights, painted 5hrs
3) 20% protein minimum - 14%, 31%, 22%, 23%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+, 80oz+, 64oz+, not sure
5) calorie deficit 700+ - +66, 785, 729, 927
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, yes, no, yes
Old 05-24-2012, 08:44 PM
FitDay Member

I forgot all about FitDay again!!!!!!!

Still plugging along. Gained a couple of lbs after a weekend away for my friend's birthday, but not disheartened and definitely motivated to make better choices when eating out.

Hope everyone is having a successful week!
Old 05-25-2012, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

Unlike the rest of you, I did well all day yesterday on food and water with a scheduled day off exercise, but cheated last night with a snack cake and a heaping teaspoonful of my live-in GD's Nutella. That stuff just tastes like chocolate frosting/icing and is just about as carby, but I must confess I ate it AS a cheat, not pretending it was healthful food!

Mike and Tori, I'm impressed by both of you. Challenging each other seems to be doing working well. LOL on the cath.

Joanna, being "generally awesome" gives you a free pass for a giant BBQ. Sounds like you did a great job on calories for the day under the circumstances. With your workout counted, you likely ended up with a calorie deficit, too.

Nobe, like you, I'd have eaten some of the spaghetti with cream sauce to not hurt my DH's feelings. But then in a week or so when a "tactful opportunity" arises, I'd bring up in general (not spacifically about the cream sauce spaghetti and meatballs) about my watching calories in starchy foods.

Boo, welcome back. A weekend away while sticking to a weight loss diet can lead to feeling of deprivation, which is not good--especially not for me. As well as you've done between Feb 7 and May 4, I think that couple pounds will come off rather quickly.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, let us know how it goes this morning!

Going to throw out some Weekend Warrior goals. Yesterday ended up crazy, I ended up not logging , and ate more than I should have (didn't log, either). However, I did get in a run on the treadmill, so at least that was something.

1. 1300 calories or fewer.
2. 1 hour exercise daily on weekend.
3. Keep the water going.
4. Complete the highlighted tasks on work and home lists (there are 16; may include Monday also).
5. Be active on FitDay. Being busy is not an excuse; it's not.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 05-25-2012, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday report:

The rain got me down yesterday and ruined my plans for a run. But it looks sunny out today so I think I'll get it done.

Goals:

Stick to meal plan Y, N, Y, Y
30 minutes of physical activity! Y, N, Y, N
Clean your pig-sty of a house, Y, N, Y, N
a bit of 'me' time Y, Y, Y, Y
Positive attitude!Y, Y, Y, Y
Old 05-25-2012, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator

tracey: My condolences on the loss of your grandmother! I am so glad that you were able to get to Ireland and see her, family, do a reading, and give yourself peace. It sounds like it was just what you needed to help you through the difficult time. Big hugs for you! It's hard to stay on track traveling, nevermind with everything else that you're going through, so don't beat yourself up too much. You'll get yourself back on track! You can do it!

Mern: Thanks for the kudos; I can't wait to read what your GD's merit award is for!! I usually make tilapia on the grill - I season it with a little bit of lime, pepper, onion (usually onion powder) and a few other things, spray the grill, and let it cook on there so it doesn't stick. I really do need to try your poaching trick sometime too!! The rest of the fish may end up getting fried; it really does need to be used and I used the shrimp yesterday. We'll see. BF is in charge of dinner tonight, lol!

Tori: I hope you weren't up all night peeing, lol! My water got totally off track when I was a bit depressed and bringing it back up again -- I forgot how much I pee! Sheesh! Wishing you an awesome Friday!

Joanna: Sometimes, awesome BBQ just needs to happen. You had the rest of the day in control and that's what matters!

nobe: I do what Mern says - I usually eat it and just try to eat a smallish portion if BF makes something not-so-diet friendly, and then bring it up later that I try to avoid so much starchiness and/or cream. No sense in discouraging the making of dinner.

WeightLossBoo: Thanks for checking in!! You'll get those lbs right off

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals

1) Log everything!!! M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: yes
2) Deficit of at least 3,500 calories M: -296 T: -664 W: -805 Th: -1,034 (Total: -2,799)
3) Exercise four hours M: 0 mins T: 30 mins (gotta start somewhere) W: 25 mins Th: 50 mins (Total: 1 h 45 mins)
4) At least 80 oz. of water per day, no excuses! M: 80 T: 76 W: 64 Th: Somewhere between 90 and 100
5) In bed by 11:30 every night M: yes T: no W: yes Th: yes
6) A reasonable pie chart M: yes T: need more protein W: need more fat Th: yes
7) Weigh in M, W, F and report here M: 161.4 W: 158.5! F: 158.4

Other Goals:

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: yes
2) Call about housing for new job! M: not yet T: not yet W: not yet Th: yes, called a place and e-mailed another!
3) Rein in the computer time at home M: Didn't even get on T: Played online with friends; I consider it social time! W: eeehhhh... Th: yes
4) Report one wonderful thing that happens every day
M: BF and I had some much needed snuggle time on the couch.
T: Hopefully headway at work with drama issues
W: Completed successful new procedure at work
Th: Caught up with a friend on Skype for about 45 minutes. Just the perfect amount of time.

Pretty happy with numbers etc. yesterday! And hey, I didn't have my normal Friday bounce-up in weight, I'll take it!

Tried a new recipe for dinner, too - I remembered I had bought some shrimp and needed to use it, so I made some shrimp tacos with low-sodium yellow rice, pepper, and onion. I did use white flour gordita wraps for them, but I figure it was a compromise; dinner was still pretty calorie friendly. I also used Crema Mexicana for a very light sauce on the shrimp and it was divine. That stuff is pretty decent - 80 calories for two tablespoons, and two tablespoons was enough to make six good tacos (four for BF, two for me). The rice turned out just a bit bland, but I can work on adding in more seasoning to compensate for low salt.

Finally got in a full Zumba workout after working myself up to it - I remember most of the routines at least but I'm breathing a bit harder than I had been, haha! I am probably not going to get in a workout today; I'm very tired, and it's going to be a very long day at work. I think I will rest and maybe do some stretching before bed. If I hit a second wind, maybe I will do the 20 minute express DVD (it turns out to be 25 minutes with cooldown). If I can get in a full workout on Sat/Sun I should hit my exercise goal (or be very close!). Saturday should be easy - Sunday will be difficult, but hey - goals aren't guarantees! Gotta work for it! I also fully intend on being a WEEKEND WARRIOR and checking in no matter what for the full seven days this week.

Not sure if I will be able to check in much until later on tonight, so I wish everyone a very happy Friday!

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 05-25-2012 at 02:26 AM. Reason: formatting/typos
Old 05-25-2012, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Mern, keep on keeping on!

Tori's goals for me

1--1 gallon water daily yes, yes, no, no
2--lose 1.5% I'll weigh in at the end of the week.
3--3K deficit -700, -376, -575, +500??
4--8 miles, gym 3 times (0mi) day off, (0mi) yes, (0mi) day off, (0mi) yes
5--all vitamins daily yes, no, no, yes
DONE 6--cut Mytsie's nails no, yes
7--2 policies 0, 0, 1, 0
DONE 8--3 RAK 0, 3, 0, 0,
Old 05-25-2012, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Blood type 0 diet - m/y, t/y, w/y, t/y, f/y
calories intake max 1200 - m/y, t/y, w/y, t/n f/y
exercise my routine every day - m/y, t/y, w/y, t/n f/y
drink neem - m/y, t/y, w/y, t/y f/n
don't eat junk food - m/y, t/n, w/y, t/y f/n
don't drink alcohol - m/y, t/y, w/y, t/n f/n
drink lots of water - m/n, t/n, w/y, t/y, f/n
Old 05-25-2012, 07:49 AM
FitDay Member

Live-in GD got TWO academic achievement awards:

President's (of the USA) Award for Outstanding Academic Excellence

AND

the Ohio State Board of Education Award of Merit which was for high academic achievement for college prep classes and on math and English ACT test scores, attendance, citizenship and school/community activities participation.

Her boyfriend got a boat load of awards for academics and sports, including being in the top 10 in his class and doing a college signing at the awards ceremony. Aw, darn, he did have promise of being the class Salutatorian but got knocked out by another student. Doesn't matter to us--we couldn't be more proud.

Cassie, kudos on the walk. I joined you in eating more than I should have yesterday (mine was "illegal" snacks) and didn't log it, either. I'll be here this weekend--goals are the same as during the week, though.

HKG, that positive attitude goes a long way. Kudos on sticking to your meals and taking the ME time that is so important to all of us.

Terri, I had some delicious tilapia at a buffet restaurant today. It was baked and had paprika or some very mild red Cajun seasoning, and I tasted some onion powder and a celery flavor, but it wasn't gritty like seed--maybe celery powder if there is such a thing, but I'm sure celery flakes would do well, too. I like your ideas on lime and pepper, too. I'll try those next time--thanks for sharing your ideas. Wow! Look at your mahvelous Thursday report!!! Kudos on that and on that scale moving down even more! Oh, my word, those shrimp tacos sound totally yummy. DH eats only fried, battered shrimp, but I like it steamed or sauteed. I'll have to look for that Crema Mexicana. Kudos on the zumba. Just watching it through the gym window at the Y makes me tired. LOL

Mike, good job on the exercise and vitamins yesterday.

Tunnrida, you have way more blue than red this week. Congrats on a job well done!
Old 05-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, huge and heartfelt congratulations to your GD and her BF. What awesome achievements for both of them!

Tracey, I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were with your family and that you feel right about your decision. Take care...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.