Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!! >

Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Notices

Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Old 05-21-2012, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I guess I need to dust off my pink thong and come back.
So now we know, the man who swears up and down he doesn't wear pink unless he's pestered unrelentingly, actually does wear pink, just in hidden secret ways. Ah but the truth will set you free, either that or get you arrested...
Old 05-21-2012, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I had "our wrap" today and thought of you. Now I have to get exercising like you do!!!

It's in the 90s in Ohio? In NY it is rainy and cruddy. No bathing suit today! And I, I am sad to say, do NOT have a pink thong. Unlike ummm Mike apparently.

Tori make his goals super challenging!!!

Feeling a bit better today.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hmmm, well it's one o'clock and I've had one meal and I've already had my calories for the day. I guess it's my guilt free day?

We went to the big Victoria Day parade without having breakfast first and by halfway through the parade we were getting dizzy with hunger so we left and ended up at a family restaurant that had breakfasts on plates the size of car tires. I left about half of it, but I still had more than anyone should ever eat. Bacon, sausage, pancakes and hash browns. Yummy but awful. The salt is probably going to make me up 5 pounds for my Wednesday weigh-in too.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everybody!! I see you are all extra chatty and getting ready for the week! I forgot it was monday but excited to say that I have remained on track - I have not been logging but my food doesnt change very much from day to day! Water is good, kids are good, weather is great however some clouds just rolled in and I don't know if there is a storm coming off the lake or if its motorcycles in the distance!...better play it safe and grab the towels and clothes off the back deck!

I'll have the same goals as last week - they seem to be working well! I hope this week goes smooth - DH is gone to WAWA with my dad on a fishing trip. He doesn't get back till next sunday....crap! May have to tackle the riding lawn mower by myself the last time I was on it, I hit a wet patch and busted the belt LOL ooops!

Nobe - that does sound delicious! Family Rest are the best! Congrats on getting to bed for the last 2 days last week!!

Mern - YAY no car seats - I think Braydon should be in a booster seat any time now I just have to check our regulations before making the switch. That has been a long time! Your car is going to look brand new and unrecognizable!

Tori and Mike - your "trading places" sounds awesome! You guys make a great team!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
so now we know, the man who swears up and down he doesn't wear pink unless he's pestered unrelentingly, actually does wear pink, just in hidden secret ways. Ah but the truth will set you free, either that or get you arrested...
lol:d
Old 05-21-2012, 08:20 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, glad to see your voice around here again, you've been missed. Sorry that you're battling a bout of the blues, if you lived closer I would take you shopping and for a mani-pedi. A little self indulgence goes a long way sometimes. I too am back on the exercise wagon. My WO partner and I went walking 4 days last week, for a grand total of 16 miles. She's working today, so I got my butt on the elliptical this morning.

Mike, clam shells? Dude you have a nicely muscled chest, you really don't need to hide behind a pair of clam shells. Although, I suppose when you wear that down to the beach you're not exactly hiding are you?

Joanna, what a cool/crazy job, sounds like a ton of fun. What kind of ice cream sandwiches are you eating? I think I need some... Have fun in Europe, where are you going?

Mern, can I get a "NO CAR SEAT" AMEN? AMEN! AMEN!!! I can't even tell you how jealous I am. I've had a car seat in my car since 2001, and have at least 2 years left. Thankfully I drive an 8 passenger vehicle and don't have to keep moving them around.

Tori, I think you need to make a goal wager with Mike. Whichever one of you comes out the loser must post a picture of self in a pink thong and clam shells. LOL.

Hope, it's bathing suit season. I live in MI and it was 87 degrees yesterday. The kids went swimming and I worked on the garden, it felt like the friggin' Sahara out there, hot, dry, dusty, my flip flops even got that melting feeling. But if you don't like the weather here in Michigan, just give it a minute. Today it's a chilly 59 with intermittent rain showers. Much more pleasant to plant the garden in. I'm almost done actually. I have carrots and some sunflowers left to put in, and maybe another row of beets, and a row of sweet potatoes if I can find them.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

I'm making goals for Tori and she can do the same for me.

Goals
1: log everything
I'm all over it!
2: 100oz of water a day
eeeehhh maybe
3: calories 1200-1500
I think I can I think I can I think I can
4: some sort of extra activity every day
pretty sure I can do this
5: 2% challenge
we changed this to 1%, right?
6: no killing people from work
I can try
7: no crying & be nice to whatshisname
I can do that
do hair and makeup (5 days)
jaajajajajajajajajaja maybe 2 days
no cigarettes, not even a drag
I got this one too!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 05-21-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Tori make his goals super challenging!!!
eeehhh, he was fair to me. I guess I should be the same to him.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default trading places

Mike's Goals

1--1 gallon water daily
2--lose 1.5%
3--3K deficit
4--8 miles, gym 3 times
5--all vitamins daily (especially the b12 )
6--cut Mytsie's nails
7--2 policies
8--3 RAK

That's fair enough, right ladies???
Old 05-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Mike's Goals

1--1 gallon water daily
2--lose 1.5%
3--3K deficit
4--8 miles, gym 3 times
5--all vitamins daily (especially the b12 )
6--cut Mytsie's nails
7--2 policies
8--3 RAK

That's fair enough, right ladies???
Got it, I'll do my best. I'm about out of b12 and you know I'm saving it for someone else. If I buy more, it'll be taken as a bad hint and I'll get slapped. I weighed in at 184.8 this morning. I'll have to lose 2.77 pounds, I'll shoot for 182.0. I just gave Mytsie a bath so she'll smell good at the groomers tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.