Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMENíS ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!! >

Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Old 05-23-2012, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 2241 (I'm calling it guilt-free but I still feel guilty), 1444
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - does holding a 30 pound kid for an hour at a parade count?/nothing else, 1hr walking/weights
3) 20% protein minimum - 14%, 31%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+, 80oz+
5) calorie deficit 700+ - +66, 785
6) take vitamins - yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, yes
Old 05-23-2012, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

Ugh...I just finished falling victim to a night of "I'm up late working and stress so I'll mindlessly eat stuff" *headdesk*. When will I ever learn? At least this time I logged it and posted it instead of putting the blinders on. I'll try to have an extra good rest of the week and get back on track.

1. Calories 1300 or less. 1292, Ha ha ha, no...2520
2. Exercise 6 hours. 30 min
3. Follow my pie chart rules. Yes, Nope
4. Sleep 7 hours a night, at least. Yes, Tried...was in bed for 7, but couldn't fall asleep or stay asleep
5. Water, keep it going. Yes, Yes
6. Log everything and post daily. Yes, Yes

7. Organize office. It's only Tuesday, but I did clean up in two other rooms
8. Work on the reports from hell daily. A smidgen, Yes
9. Organize archived files in cabinets. Weekend project
10. Get work and home to-do lists caught up.

Am putting an end to this sorry day and headed for bed. Hope you all had a good one .
Old 05-23-2012, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern View Post

Tunnrida, your Monday report looks nice. How are you liking the blood type O diet? Is it hard or easy for you to follow? I eat one or two sugar free chocolates almost daily-but I'm not addicted to the sweetness, just the chocolate. Sometimes I eat just half a square of plain unsweetened baking chocolate.
going great.
it is not difficult
only hard to watch my boyfriend to eat some food that I am not allowed
I feel like it is a lot easier in the stomach and the body!
Old 05-23-2012, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report:

Calories average 1500 1315, 1245
Carbs less fiber limit 25g only 14g, 24g
Fiber minimum 25g 34g, 24g
Saturated fat average 10% of total calories 8%, 9%
Protein average minimum 120g 146g, 122g
Cholesterol average limit 250mg 223mg, 281g--gotta work on my average
Controlled evening snack protein shake with flaxmeal; almond butter right off the spoon and skinless baked chicken
Exercise 5 days YES, YES
Water 64 oz. YES, YES

Last edited by Mern; 05-23-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:26 PM
FitDay Member

Nobe, glad to learn you're feeling better after drinking more water. Great Tuesday report! I, too, almost aways select from meat that is on sale at non-Walmart grocery stores, except for beef cubed steaks that I get a couple times a month from the butcher shop. I'm still trying to eat vegetarian about 80% of the time (except for dairy, cholesterol free egg substitute, and fish) while DH continues to eat meat for two meals per day. Beige fried food for breakfast--I've thought that of the traditional American breakfast, too. Now I usually have a colorful breakfast of an egg substitute veggie omelet but my occasional flaxmeal pancake is beige unless I top it with sliced strawberries or yogurt.

Tori, great job Monday and Tuesday!

Joanna, great job bouncing back Tuesday on your calories and water! Kudos on making it to the gym.

Cassie, well, kudos on LOGGING the late night stress headdesk snacking. Wishing you a great rest of the week. And kudos on the water.

Tunnrida, glad to hear the blood type diet is going well for you. I empathize with you on watching your BF eat foods you aren't allowed to have. My DH eats whatever he wants plus he gets into my sugar free chocolate when he has plenty other sweet snacks on hand for himself. He HAS cut back on junk food, but he always keeps a bunch on hand.

Heading for the gym.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Tori's goals for me

1--1 gallon water daily yes, yes
DONE 2--lose 1.5% -2.8 (can I hold it?), -1.2 (-4 lbs)
3--3K deficit -700, -376
4--8 miles, gym 3 times (0mi) day off, (0mi) yes
5--all vitamins daily yes, no
DONE 6--cut Mytsie's nails no, yes
7--2 policies 0, 0
DONE 8--3 RAK 0, 3

I'm down 4 pounds in 2 days and have had four PB&J sammiches during that time.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:05 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday weigh-in: 175 (-3!)

Met my mini goal! I wanted to do it by the end of May, so I'm a week early, despite my big beige fried breakfast. Don't know how I lost 3 pounds this week, but I'm taking it.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:37 PM
FitDay Member

Blood type 0 diet - m/y, t/y, w/y
calories intake max 1200 - m/y, t/y, w/y
exercise my routine every day - m/y, t/y, w/y
drink neem - m/y, t/y, w/y
don't eat junk food - m/y, t/n, w/y
don't drink alcohol - m/y, t/y, w/y
drink lots of water - m/n, t/n, w/y
Old 05-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Joanna: Woohoo on the gym membership! I'm excited that part of my new job is that it comes with a gym that's free for faculty and staff to use, and it's REALLY nice. Looking forward to perhaps working out right after I get done with the day but before I go home; might make it easier to work out in general. As long as I don't mind working out in front of students O_O.

Mike: That's true, I have seen you in the pink... though I think wearing clamshells should be your punishment if you don't make your goals this week!

Mern: I might never enjoy lugging around the carseat; my guess is that I will tolerate it, but you never know, I've been wrong about myself a lot, haha!

Ama: 60 calories over is nothing - good for you! Modifying your goals is very self-aware, I give ya kudos for it. You have to do what works best for you, flexibility is one of the keys!

Cassie: Good to be back! - sorry work seems so stressful for you! Ugh! Stress really is the worst. If anyone ever figures out how to dissociate food from stress (either too much or too little) I'd pay for that secret.

nobe: For what it's worth, I never buy meat at Wal*Mart either. I find the quality to be low. I like their prices and quality on produce at my local Wal*Mart, but the meat is icky. They have all sorts of commercials now in the states about how their meat is quality and "comparable to steak house steaks" (at least they do in my area), so I think it's a real problem they're trying to combat with PR! Also, great job on Tuesday numbers!

I am LMAO about this tough breast talk. You guys are awesome.

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals

1) Log everything!!! M: yes T: yes
2) Deficit of at least 3,500 calories M: -296 T: -664 (Total: -960)
3) Exercise four hours M: 0 mins T: 30 mins (gotta start somewhere) (Total: 30 mins)
4) At least 80 oz. of water per day, no excuses! M: 80 T: 76
5) In bed by 11:30 every night M: yes T: no
6) A reasonable pie chart M: yes T: need more protein
7) Weight in M, W, F and report here M: 161.4 W: 158.5!

Other Goals:

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: yes T: yes
2) Call about housing for new job! M: not yet T: not yet
3) Rein in the computer time at home M: Didn't even get on T: Played online with friends; I consider it social time!
4) Report one wonderful thing that happens every day
M: BF and I had some much needed snuggle time on the couch.
T: Hopefully headway at work with drama issues

Happy I got in exercise yesterday, but ugh, when I quit for a few weeks it's like my body forgets what exercise ever was. Those 30 minutes had me huffing and puffing!! Glad I did it, though, especially when dinner plans went a bit awry and it was carby - I was very under for protein numbers yesterday.

But hey, I stepped on the scale this morning and THREE POUNDS magically gone. I guess I had a lot of water weight? I'll take it, even if there's a little bounce-up on Friday, which tends to happen for me. I was bummed to be back over 160 and if it wasn't real, that'll be great news for me! I remember being stuck at 158 FOREVER though the first time I got past it, so not looking forward to that rodeo again, haha. Looks like we're all having good numbers so far on Wednesday, woohoo!

Work is starting to get crazy again, but reporting here is important to me. I missed you guys

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 05-23-2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 05-23-2012, 04:54 PM
FitDay Member

Nobe! Kudos on your loss and on reaching your mini goal early!

Mike, you are rocking Tori's goal for you. Well done! Best wishes on the policies. I have no problem getting in my evening fish oil capsules since you suggested the pill reminder box. You just gotta be sure to put it where you'll see it. Mine is right by the computer so I can't miss it.

I'm having a great day so far:

Got yesterday's blood test results already.

Cholesterol at 212 and triglycerides at 246 still slightly above normal but doc is pleased and is supportive about continuing to manage and hopefully further reduce those numbers through diet alone.

Fasting blood sugar is still normal at 89, down from pre-diabetic since August of 2011 through diet alone The A1C test reflecting average blood sugar over the past couple months has not yet come back. I expect those results later today.

Other great news is that my daughter got a call from the high school saying my live-in GD is getting some kind of an academic and citizenship merit award (I'm guessing a certificate of acknowledgement) at the award assembly at school Friday morning. It's a surprise and her mom, my DH and I are all invited to attend. Had to tell DH so he won't play golf that morning, but he's so forgetful I'm going to have to keep reminding him to not blow the surprise. I'm so proud of GD that I'm all teary-eyed just typing this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.