Notices

5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come

Old 05-17-2012, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

Tracy, so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I'm sending prayers your way. Just keep in mind that the end of a life 94 years long is as much cause for celebration as it is cause for grief. And that's pretty crazy amazing that your mom just up and flew out to visit her, mom's are cosmic like that sometimes.

You've never had a cream tea? Good heavens woman, you live in England! You cannot blame this oversight on being Irish, I'm nearly as Irish as you are. I told my husband during our visit to the UK that if we stayed much longer I would completely assimilate and insist on high tea every day, no matter that we're American and live in the US. We only were there for 2 weeks, but it was enough time for me to become completely addicted to this little cream tea shop in Lime Regis. Yummy. Great, now I've got an itch for blueberry tea and matching scone.

Ever since that business with Boston, you can't get a decent cup of tea here in the States.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Ever since that business with Boston, you can't get a decent cup of tea here in the States.
bwahahahahahahahaha!!! GAH I've missed your humor!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Mike! You fixed it!! How did you do that? And how are you, and more importantly, where are you? We need you to motivate Tori (and others.)
I don't need no stinkin' motivation I've been here all week, just didn't do a full report on goals last night. I am happy to say that even though I broke my "no scale" goal again today, that I am currently 187.8. I normally weigh in a pound or two heavier in the afternoon than I do in the morning (when I normally weigh in)....so YAY!

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
As for Tori, I still give her the boot to the butt, daily.
Boot to the butt, pppssshhhttttt....more like talkin' sh*t.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

I promise i will taste a cream tea when i can afford the calories- but it would have to be in a proper tea shop!
I agree on tea having to be proper- mine is Yorkshire Tea- once i tasted it there was no going back.
There must be foods though that only the Americans do best??? I seen a product in the shop called fluff thats new over here- like melted marshmallow- i love toasted marshmallow!

Thankyou so much for the support with my grandma- all your words mean so much x
Old 05-17-2012, 09:41 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't logged today but am on track on food. Today is a scheduled day off exercise. Low on water--will work on that.

Tracey, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Wishing your Grandma comfort and peace. It's wonderful that your mum got to see her so recently. You're welcome for the dancing banana. Yes, they are usually reserved for special accomplishments but can be awarded by anyone for anything at any time.

Oh, I could share that, couldn't I? A dancing banana address for inserting an image is http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/banana.gif

Hope, you're welcome for the banana delivery for Tracey. Kudos on your achievements this week, but sorry the Chinese and antibiotics didn't set well with you.

Amy, thanks for your condolences to my family. Oh, Lordy, I got such a chuckle out of "Ever since that business with Boston, you can't get a decent cup of tea here in the States."

Ama, thanks so much for sharing about the loss of your DH#1. I thank you for his and your service and sacrifice for our country. I'm OK but my brother is having a really hard time--he, too, is a biker and he is so furious about the way the accident happened that he can't even talk about it just yet. I'd appreciate that book title recommendation. Maybe it'll help him. And thanks so much for your kindness. I'm so happy for you and your family that you found a good pre-school within a really good public K-8. Finding both is hard to do. Dutch Brothers--is that the coffee place? I'm not familiar with it--just looked it up on Yahoo to see what it was.

Jho, what an awesome job you're doing on food and fitness! Kudos on Braydon's first dental checkup. Glad you figured out the elliptical foot settings may have caused your knee issues. Thanks for your concern. I'm fine--have really strong faith. As I told Ama, my brother is still so furious about the way the accident happened that he can't even talk about it. The good thoughts and wishes are so appreciated. Aw, best wishes on the open house. I hope your agent comes around and DOES something. That reminds me, we have new neighbors that moved in two doors down across the street. I should walk down to introduce myself next time they're out in the yard. I didn't see any kids--darn it. I wish there were kids close by my house for my younger grandkids to make friends with.

Tori, I've been too busy to log, too. But I'm doing my darndest to eat on track. I need to drink more water, though.

Jeanne, kudos on your recent pre-planning of food and best wishes on getting the carbs under control. I gain weight at anything over 40 grams of net carbs (carbs less fiber) no matter how few calories or how low fat or high protein I eat. I shoot for 25 net carbs per day with my doctor's supervision to keep my blood sugar down from pre-diabetic to normal blood sugar.

Nobe, I got such a chuckle out of "I guess peanut butter without the sandwich would be a good substitute, too." Kudos on taking the bull by the horns and doing what you know will help, unpleasant as it is to give up chocolate. If you come up with any other ideas, let me know--for when I'm out of chocolate AND peanut butter.

Cassie, kudos on your achievements this week and on your goal to "Name an excuse I've used , and shoot it down."

Muna, hey, I do remember you. Congrats on your pregnancy. When is the baby's due date and do you know yet the sex of the baby?

Lizzie, thanks for your continued thoughts. Kudos on a great job at the buffet (not counting desserts. LOL) I've never had the occasion to try venison, but I will if the opportunity ever arises.

Mike, great job this week on food, fitness, and policies.

Tunnrida, you, too--great job this week.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Could someone please fill me in with Boston and cups of tea??? Im confused lol
Old 05-17-2012, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey, so sorry about your grnadma but so good your mom could be there. Like your grandma called her.

I think Amy was referring to the Boston Tea Party.

What is cream tea please?

I love crumpets and scones.

Hey Tori good to hear from you! I think it sounds like you're doing great scale-wise. The writer Ann LaMott talks about how she would give her scale away to Good Will and then go buy it back - over and over again.

Mern, thank you for the banana link - sorry to say I don't know how to use it or I would give you one to cheer you up.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I don't need no stinkin' motivation I've been here all week, just didn't do a full report on goals last night. I am happy to say that even though I broke my "no scale" goal again today, that I am currently 187.8. I normally weigh in a pound or two heavier in the afternoon than I do in the morning (when I normally weigh in)....so YAY!

Boot to the butt, pppssshhhttttt....more like talkin' sh*t.
That's a line of bull right there!

Originally Posted by Mern
I haven't logged today but am on track on food. Today is a scheduled day off exercise. Low on water--will work on that.

Mike, great job this week on food, fitness, and policies.
Great job on being back on track!!! Thanks. I'm at 7 for the week... 6 auto and 1 flood. w00t w00t.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default How to deliver a dancing banana

Hope, to give someone a dancing banana is easy. In the reply box you'll see a yellow and black icon. I don't know what it's supposed to be but it looks like maybe black mountains and a sun? When you you run your mouse over it, it says Insert Image. When you click on that icon, a box opens up and you enter after the http:// www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/banana.gif and hit OK. The kind words of this group cheer me up with or without bananas.

Tracey, The Boston Tea Party is a memorable event in American History. We were taught about it as children in events that led up to our Revolutionary War with England. It was a raid in 1773 on British ships in the harbor in Boston, Massachusettes, USA. Boston colonists dressed up as Native American Indians and threw several hundred chests of British tea into the harbor to protest British taxes on tea and some other stuff to which they were opposed. We gladly pay a premium price for English tea now.

Mike, thanks for your encouragement on being back on track, except for the half of a frosted chocolate brownie I just cheated with. Wow, that's great you wrote all those policies this week! Hope it continues to go that well.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
except for the half of a frosted chocolate brownie I just cheated with.
I just had a half cup of frozen yogurt. Let's call this cheat over and move on, shall we??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.