Notices

5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come

Old 05-16-2012, 08:20 AM
FitDay Member

Well done Tracey. Mary
Old 05-16-2012, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, great to read your DD's arm is healing nicely. And kudos on your girls' achievements,
Old 05-16-2012, 08:34 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone- i feel very lucky to have all of your support. All youre words mean so much to me- wish i was closer to all of you so we could have coffee mornings but of course without the biscuits!!!

Wishing all of you a great week too and hoping all of you see happy results
xx
Old 05-16-2012, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
Thanks everyone- i feel very lucky to have all of your support. All youre words mean so much to me- wish i was closer to all of you so we could have coffee mornings but of course without the biscuits!!!

Wishing all of you a great week too and hoping all of you see happy results
xx
Coffee? What? If I'm coming to England to share a hot beverage with you, can we please please please have a cream tea instead? You can't get clotted cream or a decent crumpet in the U.S.

Congrats on the three pounds, I'm very proud of you and simultaneously jealous as all get out.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss in your family. What a horrible tragedy. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:33 AM
FitDay Member

We finally found a pre-school!!! It is a YMCA collaborative pre-school located within a really good public K-8. They have an excellent program, convenient days/hours, highly trained teachers, on my way to work, and there is a Dutch Bros on the corner on the way out (yeah, I know that really shouldn’t count)… So now DS can get automatically enrolled in the K-8 once he reaches kindergarten. Otherwise we would have been on a waiting list since we are not in that district. There is a lot of competition to get enrolled in good public schools in my area, so getting him established early is a huge bonus! Couldn’t have come at a better time, there is a little girl at daycare that keeps pushing DS around. She is a good kid, but just gets really physical, and they are just a few months apart so DS draws a lot of her attention. It took quite a while to settle him down last night. He is really ready for this change. Now I can breathe…

Goals 5/14
Water, lots of water (70+): Y, Y, Y
1500 cals or less: Y, Y,
Gym 2x this week or Crunch workout: N, N
20 min power walks at work each day: N, N, N
Lose that super stubborn 1lb this week: TBD
1 load laundry/day: Y, Y, Y (I have no closet space to put it all!)
Thank you notes in mail: N, N, N (why don't men ever help write thank you notes???)
Call (you know who): N…errr

Thanks for your kind words everyone, it has been 10 yrs since and life has moved on, but it truly breaks my heart to know that anybody else has to go through the same loss.

Mern, yes, DH#1 was in the military, a scout helicopter pilot and a very good man. I have a good book recommendation if you think it may help you or another family member; please let me know if you would me to send it your way.

Jeanne – Sorry to hear about the car troubles… we just spent 1k on truck tires after a blow-out last weekend… it hurts to spend the $, but to have frustration along with it.. oye! And the Mum/weight issues… aye … I feel for ya lady.

Tori – The Demon machine – I like that! I keep mine hidden away in a bathroom cupboard so it does not stare at me the entire time saying “step on me, come on I know you wanna.”

VollyGranny – Great job staying away from processed foods! I fail at that challenge more often than I want to admit… but I try to keep them in check at least. I have been meaning to try stevia, but have not heard of truvia… I’ll keep an eye out for it. You’ve lost 40lbs in a year! That is fantastic! Keep up the great work!

Tracey – Good work on staying on the low-cal side of temptation, especially at someone else’s house! AND A 3 lb loss!!! CONGRATULATIONS! And you got a banana! Whooo Hooo!

Tunn – Me either! I am the same weight as in mid-April. I have stalled out for a month! Let’s keep trying.

Jho – Karakoe is always best performed drunk. Sounds soooo much better that way! I got toasted at a girls night out and ended up singing “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” in a bar once… but it was with several other ladies onstage therefore could have been much worse ;-)

Nobe – Oh my, that sounds painful! My Mom has said she has restless legs at night, but I don’t think it is the same as what you describe. Is there such thing as caffeine-free chocolate? I hope cutting back gives you some relief… Nice green so far for the week!

Hope – You can keep that lb off! Stay positive and you can do it!

Lizzie – Great work staying of the metro! Hope you had a great evening with BF!

Amy – Busy busy!!! But sounds like fun at the same time!

Take care! Ama
Old 05-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
We finally found a pre-school!!!
Congrats! Sounds great and I know it is a load off your shoulders!

Awesome job, Tracey! Nothing breeds motivation like a little success. Take it and run with it, girl!

Almeeker, one thing at a time! It will all get done. Enjoy it...and I highly recommend the trumpet . The learning curve past the squeaky stuff is fairly short.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:23 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness/Lifestyle
1. Drink min 80oz of WATER! Y, Y
2. PM workout Mon/Wed/Fri(at least)!! Y:22m, Y:32m(bonus#1)
3. Min 60 crunches/day! Y, Y
4. 5 Pushups (straight leg)/ 10 pushups (knees)! Y, Y
5. Calories below 1300/day! Y:1265, Y:1271
6. Check in min 2x/day! Y, Y
7. Don't crash and burn on the weekend! WEEKEND WARRIORS UNITE!!!

Nobe – feel your pain – I had the restless leg for both of my pregnancies – its sux…A LOT! That was the only time that I ever had it – my legs hurt just thinking about it LOL… I hope that the no-chocolate works! I soaked in a hot bath to tame it a little bit but nothing truly works – its so random! Awe hope it passes quickly!

Hope – great job on the writing! But whats up with the cals LOL ooops! Otherwise your goals are looking great so far!!

Cassie – your goals look great hun! Keep it up!

Lizzie – congrats on your long walk!

Tracey! YAY!! So amazing!! Congrats on your dancing banana!

Amy – wow – that’s busy! Crazy busy! At least they keep you moving right!?

Ama - haha tks for reminding me about my thank you notes LOL!

The past 2 days have been ..... awesome! I feel great! Gotta finish off the last 20 oz of water and get my Wed workout in and I'm right on track for my goals! Watching American Idol is really going to get me pumped for the damn Elliptical! I had a really good bonus workout yesterday and can feel it in my shoulders and abs - love that feeling! I may be over in my cals today only by a pinch... I splurged on some Velveeta Mac-N-chs for lunch - could not believe the calories after I consumed of course!

Braydon had his first dentist app’t today and I forgot the camera…doh! It was so cute and he was soooo good! I was a proud mama!

Well… better hit the weights – OH and I think I figured out my knee issues (hopefully) the elliptical foot settings were different so I switched the left foot settings to match the right. The pain has been a non-issue for the past 2 days!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:28 PM
FitDay Member

Ama - omg - just read about your DS and the school!! YAY thats is so awesome! Must be a huge relief to you! So glad that worked out for you!

Mern - How are you holding up hunny? How is your family? Still sending my thoughts and wishing you lots of strength.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

Just a quick check in. I haven't logged today, cause well, I just kind of forgot. Have been in and out of the house all day and haven't thought about it. No comments that I could have done it on the mobile app, Mike! Food has been pretty good though. Breakfast and lunch were healthy. Supper was (in white) baked spaghetti. And not the low cal kind either, I went all out. Did a lot of deep cleaning of a friend's house cause he can't, so I am counting that as my "extra activity" for the day. Still haven't seen The Demon Machine, thank goodness.

That's about it today my dears. Will catch you all tomorrow. Wishing all a wonderful night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.