FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/7388-5-14-12-if-you-build-motivational-thread-they-will-come.html)

nobe 05-20-2012 03:56 AM

Hope - so sorry to hear about the pain you're in. Take care of yourself.

Mern 05-20-2012 11:33 AM

Well, I have no idea where my post went! I thought it got posted when I hit the Submit button! LOL Either it disappeared into cyberspace or I'm going nuts! :confused:

Well quickly, then:

Tracey, what's the latest news on Grandma? Prayers and cyberhugs continuing.

Cassie, great job!

Nobe, you, too!

Jho, so sorry 'bout your unsuccessful open house. Nice compliment from DH on your butt getting smaller. :D

Ama, a neurologist diagnosed me with carpel tunnel syndrome at the same time I was diagnosed with tendonitis and bursitis by an orthopaedist, but oddly, the carpel tunnel syndrome has never caused me the slightest bit of pain yet. I hope you find comfort. I ordered a copy of the Prophet from Ebay last night. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

For anyone interested, exerpts of Gibran's writings in "The Prophet" can be found at The PROPHET, by Kahlil Gibran

I had a lovely day today and am on track with food; scheduled day off exercise, lagging on water but am drinking some now.

canary52 05-20-2012 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by nobe (Post 81568)
Hope - so sorry to hear about the pain you're in. Take care of yourself.

Thank you, honey.

Has anybody been having trouble withthis site? I have been having trouble accessingmy food log and the forum.
So my sunday for the record: about 7 glasses of water, a zillion calories at least, tried to stretch, back said no, did at least two hours of some kind of writing, could not keep positive, just felt too overwhelmed.

And you guys? How'd you do?

nobe 05-20-2012 01:29 PM

Hope - I haven't had any trouble. It's ok to have a rough day when you're not feeling well. Give yourself a break :)

Here's my report, unless I have a snack attack later (but I've been pretty good the past few days about replacing my evening chocolate with...nothing):

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1331, 1319, 1528, 1580, , 1658, 1603 (for 3 calories, I'm counting it), 1403
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - 2hrs gardening (I'm counting it!)/1hr+ walking, 1hr gardening/1hr+walking, 2hrs shopping and walking/20 mins stationary bike, painted 7hrs, painted 7hrs, 1/2hr gardening/a bunch of walking - not sure, 20 mins stationary bike (more if I get up the energy after the kid's in bed)/1/2 hr walking
3) 20% protein minimum - 26%, 17%, 29%(!), 19%, 18%, 20%, 20%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+, 64oz, 64oz+, no idea, 64oz, 48oz?, 64oz
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 1167, 933, 751, 1188, 1110, 720, 912
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, no, no, no, no, yes!, yes

nobe 05-20-2012 02:04 PM

Where is everyone? What happened to April?

ToriD1012 05-20-2012 02:52 PM

Hey, guys. Sorry I've been MIA. I've been doing okay food wise. Up until today that is. I've eaten pretty much anything I could get my hands on. Oh well....tomorrow is another day.

Hope all is well with everyone.

cjohnson728 05-20-2012 04:27 PM

Tori, good to see you. Glad you had a pretty good week for the most part :). Hope to see you bright and early tomorrow.

nobe, you totally rocked the week. Congrats to you!

Mern, enjoy your readings. I took a peek and it sounds like it can be a healing thing.

Hope, I am so sorry for your pain. The thing that stinks about internet friends is not being close enough to help :(. Hang in there, lady; prayers for you.

Jho, I'm moved to say congrats on your butt, but that just sounds wrong, so...

Last check in. I finally made it through a week pretty well instead of crashing out in the middle or during the weekend.

1. Calories below 1300. 1090, 1297, 1298 (sheesh!), 1428, 1269, 1222, 1293
2. Exercise 6 hours. 30 min, 30 min, 60 min, 60 min, 30 min, 45 min, 75 minutes Didn't quite get it, but there were extenuating circumstances this week
3. 2 big sports bottles water. Yes, No-1.5, Yes, Nope, Yes, [COLOR="Red"]Nope, Yes
4. Sleep 7 hours. 6.5, 7, 7, I wish...it was 5, 6.5, 7, 7
5. Eat clean. Yes, Except for the peppermints at the office, Yes, Except for the fat free froyo and two Life Savers, 3 slips: butterscotch candies, Goldfish, and more froyo, No - hubby and I had a froyo date, Yes
6. Log everything; post it daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. Name an excuse I've used, and shoot it down. 1. "It's a special occasion." This time of year, there is always a 'special occasion'. If I let things lax for every one of them, I'll never be on plan. I can celebrate the occasion without eating junk. 2. "I'm too busy." What exactly are my priorities here? Work or health? I have to make the tough choices until I learn to juggle everything even when things are crazy (no pun intended). Yes, exercise takes time, but it takes the same amount of time to make a good food choice as a bad one. Exercise relieves stress, so I should do it even more so now! "I'm going to be up late working; I need the energy." I'll have more energy if I fuel myself the smart way than if I snack my way through the night. This is not college and my metabolism knows that! "I had a good workout so I can eat more." Yeah, if I want to stay the same weight, instead of getting back to my preferred weight! "I have PMS." Suck it up, buttercup!! I suppose you'll have the "vapors" next, and have to take to your bed. Drink water, eat healthy, and stop using your lady parts as an excuse! "Everybody else eats whatever they want/slips up, too!" At the risk of sounding cliched, if everyone else jumped off a cliff, would you do it, too? Do what is right for you and let everybody else worry about themselves. "Well, my jeans still fit, so it can't be that bad." Right out of the dryer, do they? And isn't there a smaller size in your closet that you were wearing before??

See you in the morning, y'all!

almeeker 05-21-2012 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 81562)
Almeeker, I think the mean streak is a by-product of work this week. The evals I have are keeping me in a horrible, horrible mood...my poor boys :(.

I was just razzing you. I also have PMS this week, and you are bashing down my constant excuses right and left. Reading your reports is sort of like being dragged to therapy, when all I want is to live in my land of denial. Yes, I know it's good for me, but I'm resistant.

nobe 05-21-2012 02:20 AM

Haha, I think PMS is a perfectly valid excuse. Mainly because if I don't eat what I wanna eat when I have PMS someone might get smashed. I'm really just keeping myself out of jail when I have a burger.