Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come >

5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come

Community
Notices

5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come

Old 05-14-2012, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe, ROFL over that needing some "moitivation;" well obviously you've come to the right place!!! Yeah I was kinda hoping to fix the type. Anyone know how? Miiiiiiiiiiike.... (not cause he's a guy, cause he's a moderator, on this thread he's one of the girls but still maybe he would know....)

Amy, I hear ya about the feeling like you're failing at 10:45 am but there is plenty of time to turn it around. A nap sounds good...and for the kids too... LOL I was thinking I could already use one....

And Quinn I hear ya about eating everything that was not tied down (and if it was, I untied it...) but hey new week, right?

I'm going to drink some water (how refreshing) and start working on those goals...
Old 05-14-2012, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

calories intake max 1200 - m/y
exercise my routine every day - m/y
drink neem - m/y
take walks - m/y
don't eat junk food - m/y
don't drink alcohol - m/y
drink lots of water - m/n
Old 05-14-2012, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. Down 2.5 pounds last week on first week back on track.

Goals this week

Calorie defecit below 7000
water, water, water
eat healthy
Exercise plus sauna and yoga daily
Work hard Monday to Thur so I can take friday off for a 4 day weekend.
No TV from 9am till 8 pm daily -- this one might kill me. If not it will make me strong, and active! mary

Last edited by Kumochi; 05-14-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

Mary - did you mean to say that you lost 2.5lbs?! Thats amazing!! Doesn't that feel good for your first week back! YAY

Ama - I'm with ya darlin! We can do it!

Quinn - I'm not laughing at you when I say LOL - "ate everything that wasn't tied down" Laughing with you because I've been there many-a-time! Wishing you lots of luck! (with the Kayak on the focus AND the scholarship LOL)

Nobe - I thought that I was being a bit silly but hearing a few of you with the same issue makes me feel better - don't know why it makes a difference but it does!

Amy - I think 'nap' is one of my favourite words! For the kids and for myself haha! you are absolutely correct - if its a bad start to the day its a fight to get back on track! I hope your afternoon is looking up!

Hope - it really does feel great to be back! I just need to hang on tight and turn my positive energy on! I should make that one of my goals - turn all negative thoughts into positive ones (at least try!)
Old 05-14-2012, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Ama, hi! It sounds like you have things in a good perspective. I stressed about preschool too but I think just a good warm environment and if I had to do it agian, I would have kept DD in the public schools instead of looking for the "perfect school."
And exercise does seem KEY to weight loss. Heavy sigh.

Mary, kudos! Anyone want to give her a dancing banana? I don't know how!!!! (I can't even fix "moitivational") But I'd say she earned it!!! Mern, where ya at, Mama?

Quinn, good luck with the scholarship!!! Tying a kayak to a Focus was an intriguing image I must say...
Old 05-14-2012, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi guys i really need to refocus because i feel im going downhill- need to get a grip! Feel very disappointed in myself because i ate alot too many chocolates at my sisters today- i should have stopped at 1,2,3- before i knew it i ate 10! Ok if im honest i was fully aware of my actions and also knew id feel like this later! When will i learn but its done now and im moving on- my weigh in is on wednesday and ive again not had as good a week that i know i can but now ive admitted my wrongs im ready to add my goals and start putting my words into action!!! True fighting talk hahaha

1. Drink more water
2. Get of my backside and make more effort to exercise
3. No snacking between meals unless fruit
4. Watch portion size

Everything else i feel im making good progress with such as family meals being made healthier so im not missing out. Also better cooking methods too.

Tables have turned slightly though- i used to be much stronger when im out of the house- now i do better when im at home! Probably cos there aint any boxes of chocolates sitting infront of me- they were in the cupboard but i insisted on getting them out! One of them days im afraid!
Old 05-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

I'm in for the week!

I can't keep using the excuse of being too busy. The busy is not going to go away, and neither can my commitment to being healthy and on plan. I admit to being nervous about this week...both practices are nuts right now and I don't even have a writing day, so lots of evening and weekend work . But if I don't make this a priority, no one will do it for me.

Tennis banquet is tonight...catered, Mexican...but still will try to be careful and log the best I can.

My theme for the week: No Excuses!

1. Calories below 1300.
2. Exercise 6 hours.
3. 2 big sports bottles water.
4. Sleep 7 hours.
5. Eat clean.
6. Log everything; post it daily.
7. Name an excuse I've used, and shoot it down.

Have a great week, everyone! Glad to see you all here!
Old 05-14-2012, 06:08 AM
FitDay Member

Oh i forgot to add an important part of my motivation- im a bridesmaid for my sisters wedding in March next year- only decided the date last week! So i would really love to be at goal before then. About 6 of my aunties and uncles are coming over for it too from Ireland! The last thing i want to do is feel ive looked a state in my dress and on photos. Of course my sister says im being silly but understands i want to look my best.

5. Sleep!!!! Get at least 7 hours mon-fri

Forgot that one- made a promise to myself 2 days ago to get more sleep. Only lately have i started to realise just how important it is.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

so... fix the title or no?

I'm here, been busy. After 2 weeks of writing nothing, I've already written 2! With some big premiums.

I weighed in at 182.0 this morning.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
so... fix the title or no?

I'm here, been busy. After 2 weeks of writing nothing, I've already written 2! With some big premiums.

I weighed in at 182.0 this morning.
fix the spelling, please!!! And welcome. And congrats on policies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.