FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/7388-5-14-12-if-you-build-motivational-thread-they-will-come.html)

nobe 05-16-2012 02:26 PM

Mern - great suggestion about the peanut butter. I hadn't thought of it, but there's been lots of times that I've been craving chocolate cake (in the past!) and didn't have any so I had a peanut butter sandwich instead. Now that I've been having the chocolate without the cake, I guess peanut butter without the sandwich would be a good substitute too.

Jho - glad someone knows the feeling! Mine got better after my pregnancy, but didn't go away altogether. My mom has it to the point that she's on Parkinson's medication for it. I hope it never gets that bad for me. No chocolate and no twitchy feet last night, phew.

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1331, 1319, 1528
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - 2hrs gardening (I'm counting it!)/1hr+ walking, 1hr gardening/1hr+walking, 2hrs shopping and walking/20 mins stationary bike
3) 20% protein minimum - 26%, 17%, 29%(!)
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+, 64oz, 64oz+
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 1167, 933, 751
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, no, no

nobe 05-16-2012 02:28 PM

Great job, Tracey! And congrats on finding a school, Ama!

01gt4.6 05-16-2012 02:46 PM

Has it been built yet?:o

cjohnson728 05-16-2012 05:43 PM

Check in quickly; I'm beat and it's way late.

1. Calories below 1300. 1090, 1297, 1298 (sheesh!)
2. Exercise 6 hours. 30 min, 30 min, 60 min
3. 2 big sports bottles water. Yes, No-1.5, Yes
4. Sleep 7 hours. 6.5, 7, 7,
5. Eat clean. Yes, Except for the peppermints at the office, Yes
6. Log everything; post it daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
7. Name an excuse I've used, and shoot it down. 1. "It's a special occasion." This time of year, there is always a 'special occasion'. If I let things lax for every one of them, I'll never be on plan. I can celebrate the occasion without eating junk. 2. "I'm too busy." What exactly are my priorities here? Work or health? I have to make the tough choices until I learn to juggle everything even when things are crazy (no pun intended). Yes, exercise takes time, but it takes the same amount of time to make a good food choice as a bad one. Exercise relieves stress, so I should do it even more so now! "I'm going to be up late working; I need the energy." I'll have more energy if I fuel myself the smart way than if I snack my way through the night. This is not college and my metabolism knows that!

MunaAmin 05-16-2012 06:41 PM

Hi all

Anyone remember me :) well I'm here, again, but not for weight loss yet. I'm pregnant at the moment, so more than losing weight I want to keep track on my calories, keep my 30min exercise 5 days a week and cut down on sugar. So far I only gained about 6-7lb and I'm at the beginning of 5th month (18weeks). I really don't want to go over 198lb (90kg) this time.
Goals:
1) minimum sugar
2) 2000kcal max
3) exercise at least 30min every day

canary52 05-16-2012 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 81357)
Tracey, the congrats dancing banana is from Hope and from me for your weight loss! You worked hard for that and we're really proud of you!

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/banana.gif

Thank you, Mern, for being the deliverer of the banana.

canary52 05-17-2012 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by MunaAmin (Post 81388)
Anyone remember me :) well I'm here, again, but not for weight loss yet. I'm pregnant at the moment, so more than losing weight I want to keep track on my calories, keep my 30min exercise 5 days a week and cut down on sugar. So far I only gained about 6-7lb and I'm at the beginning of 5th month (18weeks). I really don't want to go over 198lb (90kg) this time.
Goals:
1) minimum sugar
2) 2000kcal max
3) exercise at least 30min every day

Muna! Of course I remember you!! (You, like me, had trouble controlling your nut intake) Welcome back! I was wondering what happened to you!!! Congats on the pregnancy!!! Your goals seem good, just be careful to get enough protein for the new babe, but I'm sure you know that!!!!

canary52 05-17-2012 12:10 AM

) 6+ glasses of water, 6 6,8
2) stretch, Yes Yes, Yes
3) write two hours a day 5 days a week, Yes if you call sitting and blankly staring at my screen then writing very little writing Yes did "real" writing well over 2 hours, research mostly
4) 1500 calories or <, 1273 1734, 2200 (!!!!)
5) lose at least 1 lb this week, not yet! Yes but I'm afraid it won't stay off, NO
6) keep positive, tryyyyyyyying Yes and it helped DD, Yes and it helped again

Why oh why did I eat that Chinese food last night? I will tell you: loneliness. After spending time alone writing and researching, I was lonely. DH and DD both weren't here. And I could have reached out to friends but instead I reached out to food. And now since I am still having problems from the antibiotics my tummy is killing me, so the pound I gained back will probably go - the hard way. So, Tracey no coffee for me! Or clotted cream or cream tea or... my tummy just shudders. Maybe some mint tea to settle my tummy and some dry toast.

Ama, congrats on the preschool!! How exciting!!! Sorry to hear about the "mean girl."

canary52 05-17-2012 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 81382)
Has it been built yet?:o

Mike! You fixed it!! How did you do that? And how are you, and more importantly, where are you? We need you to motivate Tori (and others.)

Lizards13 05-17-2012 12:56 AM

Tracey. Brilliant result this week.

AMA. Glad you have nailed the school worries, one less stress for you.

Mern. Still thinking about you and your family, such a sad time for everyone.

Had a great meal out last night, stuck with some chicken and venison and loads of salads. It was a huge buffet and the food was very tasty, they prepared the meat and poultry in front of you on a grill. Downside was that they also had a huge collection of little desserts :-( Nuff said.