FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Mother's Day Gift to Me- 90 Day Challenge (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/7383-mothers-day-gift-me-90-day-challenge.html)

blahyaddablah 05-13-2012 01:57 PM

Mother's Day Gift to Me- 90 Day Challenge

:oOK, so I've totally been slacking. Time to take charge again- never give up right!

So I've decided to give myself a mother's day gift- starting a 90 day challenge. I'm challenging myself to stick to some good habits for 90 days that will hopefully allow me to look better in a bathing suit. I bought a pair of large swin shorts at Walmart today and I could barely even get them over my butt! I definately couldn't tie them up. I hoping at the end of the 90 days they will not only fit but also look half decent! If anyone else want to join let me know. We could be inspiration and support for each other.

So here are the good habits I'm trying to adhere to:

-drink 8 glasses of water a day

-cut out artifical sweetners (that means you Coke Zero) and replace with herbal teas and water

-stick to my calorie and nutrition goals (about 1200 cal/day)

-stay faithful to the vitamins and herbal supplements I'm taking (vitamin B and C, green tea,cinnamon, Relora, Omega 3-6, Maca)

-have my big meal in the morning NOT for supper

-when I'm working the night shift, do my Flex Band workout every other day. When I'm on day shift so some type of exercise for at least 30 minutes every other day

Well that's it. I better get to it!

Oh yeah, my starting weight is 201lbs :((yuck)

Jho82 05-13-2012 02:20 PM

OH I'm soooo in! Like you, I have been slacking! I had a really really good month in March and it has been on a slow decline ever since! I keep in touch with the 7day motivational thread as well but this is an extra push so lets do it!!!! Awesome good habits - totally attainable every day! Hope you don't mind if I jump in on your challenge!

Jho82 05-13-2012 02:21 PM

AND I just saw you are in Ontario!!! YAY me too!

kayla.underhill 05-13-2012 03:15 PM

I'm in!!!!

I am in serious need of some motivation! I am at a terrible 175 lbs, the biggest I have ever been (excluding pregnancies), and something must be done about this. This could be exactly what I need to really make something happen. I am going to tweak your goals a little bit and add one or two of my own, if that's alright.

-drink more water, and less sugary drinks.

-exercise 30 min, 4 times a week.

-GO TO BED at a decent hour

-stay within calorie limits

Thanks for starting this challenge, I am super excited!:D

Jho82 05-14-2012 04:56 AM

Blah and Kayla?!? How are you guys doing so far today?! And Blah, do you have a name so I don't have to call you Blah?? lol :)

traceymc1985 05-14-2012 05:58 AM

Definately in- what a fantastic idea to spur us on- can i ask a silly question but do England and America/Canada have different mothers day dates???
If so i will have to join in on your day if that ok?? Lol

The more kicks up my backside i can get the better- the last 2 weeks i have feel ive not done my best. Here we go!!!!!!!!

kayla.underhill 05-14-2012 06:33 AM

Day 1

I feel like I am doing good so far today. Had some oatmeal from mcdonalds for breakfast. (not a top choice, but I was pressed for time). And got in 30 minutes of cardio. Now I have to get ready to go work at a restaurant, so I hope my willpower holds! How are you guys doing?

Jho82 05-14-2012 12:02 PM

Tracey - you are not gonna like those kicks so you better be pushing yourself!! Canada Mothers day was yesterday (May 13th) it was such a beautiful day!

I rocked it today! I feel good and energized - drank lots and lots of water! I'm just getting my son to bed and will be working out to the season finale of How I Met Your Mother followed by the bachelorette! SO EXCITED!!

Where is Blah! This is her post! LOL BLAH WHERE ARE YOU!?

HardcaorKittyGirl 05-14-2012 12:49 PM

Count me in too! Love everybody's enthusiasm. It's the day after mothers day but what the heck. I really need to get off me butt. I've been snacking a lot in the evenings lately and skipping weigh-ins and when I finally did weigh myself I had gained 5 pounds. :(

Tracey Well I know that my home country (Poland) celebrates it on the 23rd. Not sure about anywhere else though.

My goals.

Less sugar (1 sugary thing a day, working up to none)

Stick to calorie limits

1 hour of exercise a day

8 glasses of water

blahyaddablah 05-14-2012 02:43 PM

Sorry, I'm working nights so my "day" doesn't begin until 4pm! LOL. Yesterday was great. Drank all my water, took all my vitamins, did my exercising and didn't have any artificial sweetners.

As for today......water/vitamin intake has been good so far but I accidently had some Sucralose :( I didn't mean to....really! When I opened my fridge to make some lunch I saw some yogurt and thought "Great! Low cal, tasty and quick to make!" as I was in a hurry to get to work. It wasn't until I was eating it that I clued in that it was so low cal for a reason. LOL I should be able to stay on track calorie wise today... I think I have enugh will power to not make the trip to the candy counter at work!

PS. You can call me Nicole instead of Blah if you wish!!!

blahyaddablah 05-14-2012 04:26 PM

Uggghhhh!

:eek:OK, so the fat gods must really be mad at me for turning my backs on them!

I've been doing great today and then...... the lab lady give me a really delicious looking rhubarb muffin her mother made. Rhubarb..... healthy right... although this rhubarb muffin looks more like a rhubarb cupcake... with melted sugary topping..... So I say to myself- "self, I'm going to stick to my guns and not eat that totally yummy looking muffin/cupcake". Instead I opted for my bag of cauliflower....

Great right? But then, one of the truck drivers came in and gave me 3 little cinnamon buns his wife made. UGH! I LOVE cinnamon buns. They smell SOOOO good. So my mind automatically goes into justification mode. Hmm, cinnamon, that's a metabolism booster right? And look at how small they are. I wonder how many calories they have. I'm not at my calorie limit yet....

So far I have not eaten one but BOY am I tempted! Can I really be so lame as to not be able to stick to my goals for more than one day???? That is really PATHETIC!!!! I think I'll go look at the "before" picture I took of myself in that bathing suit that I want to fit in.... that is one scary pic. Hopefully it will shock me right out of eating a muffin/cupcake/cinnamon bun!

blahyaddablah 05-14-2012 05:42 PM

Crisis averted- for now!

Looked at my "phat picture" and decided to go with a Wonderslim Protein Pudding and some raspberries instead of the muffin/cupcake/cinnamon roll. Much less carbs I'm sure and 12g of protein :) Yeah me for making a good decision!!!! Hopefully I can resist temptation in a few hours when I'm hungry again....

Jho82 05-15-2012 12:27 AM

WOW Nicole - good for you! It will take some time but its just a habit that you snack on all the "bad" treats - once you get going and start seeing some major results, you won't even want those treats anymore. I'm quite impressed and not sure that I would have the willpower to say no twice! Crazy awesome chicky! CRAZY AWESOME! :)

I had some major energy yesterday - probably all the water - it felt really good! Hope to continue today but its been a slow start.... waiting for my coffee to kick in!

I'll check in again in a bit! Kayla, Tracey, HCK?? How'd y'all do yesterday! We have a long road ahead of us! We can do it!!!

HardcaorKittyGirl 05-15-2012 01:35 AM

Good job Nicole! I don't think I would be able to resist that one. Haha, "phat" picture. I'm a little camera shy so I'm not sure if I'll have any pics of me like that but I can look around. The strategy sure seems to work for you!

Jho, I'm feeling the energy too! Have no idea why though, my water wasn't the greatest yesterday.

I walked home from work. :D I was starving when I got back and as the dinner was cooking I was tempted to snack but I resisted.

I'll check in on you guys later!

traceymc1985 05-15-2012 09:00 AM

Hi everyone- ive had a better week than last week but not the best- i get weighed in tomorrow and hoping that i can just get the 1lb off that i gained last week. I will let you all know- when does everyone else weigh in? I only seem to stick to it with my weightwatchers weekly weigh in but i do enjoy the diet plan too.
I had a smaller portion meal past 2 days and i was ok with it- once i had no leftovers to eat for seconds meant i couldnt overeat on something that wasnt there! GENIUS Haha.

Jho82 05-15-2012 11:19 AM

I don't like to weigh in at all.... When I did weigh in and lost some weight, I broke down and thought it was ok to cheat a little here and a little there... I do better with how I feel rather than what the scale tells me. If my pants start to fall off, that will be the day that I weigh in so stay tuned! :)

Jho82 05-15-2012 11:36 AM

I had another great day today even with the extra meal I ate before my son's swim lessons - should still be right on calorie budget!! I am also getting a bonus workout in tonight because I am feeling super energized - I want to keep the momentum going!! I aim to workout M/W/F but have my bonus T/TH/S.

Bonus #1 OW OW!!

kayla.underhill 05-15-2012 02:25 PM

Day 2

Well, My day did not start off so great because I woke up too late to have time to exercise. But I tried really hard to not let that ruin my whole day. I am still 250 calories under-budget, and considering a bedtime snack. Plus I drank tons of water today, which resulted in walking probably 100 miles to the bathroom and back for 10 hours. (cardio right?) :) I typically weigh in on Saturdays, but I am considering a bi-weekly weigh in instead of weekly, because I get discouraged if I do not see the results I think I have earned.

I'm super excited that everyone is doing so good, and I totally wish I had the willpower to say no to muffins/cupcakes/cinnamon rolls when they are presented. Lucky for me, no such thing has crossed my path. lol.

Keep it up everybody!! Awesome stuff!!

blahyaddablah 05-16-2012 04:26 AM

Good Day So Far!

I just wrote the most inspirational thread ever, however it seems to have disapeared when I tried to post it:confused:

So, I'll just give a brief update instead.

It's great to see everyone is doing so well!:D Extra workouts, walking home after work, extra calories left over!!!! Great job ladies!

As for me, I'm still sticking to my goals. I've already lost a few pounds of water weight which is great because I was feeling SUPER bloated. I have a day off today so I've decided to have a long, hot bubble bath, give myself a facial and I may even wear earrings today!!! It's been ages since I've worn earrings. I've got to get out of the funky fat lady feeling!

traceymc1985 05-16-2012 06:48 AM

I had my weigh in this evening and im totally over the moon- ive lost 3lbs!!!!!! I cant remember being this weight and im on a high right now and so proud of myself.
I agree that weighing in can sometimes make us go off track whether its a good or bad result.
Right now im loving the scales and already looking forward to getting on next week!

kayla.underhill 05-16-2012 07:00 AM

Day 3

Yes Nicole! You absolutely must get out of that funk! It doesn't matter what size you are, you are still beautiful and should rock it no matter what! Doing little things like that for yourself will make you feel better and can only boost your motivation.

As for me, I am lagging a little this afternoon after a very productive morning, but I refuse to give in. I am brewing some coffee right now, gonna have a quick snack and get started on my afternoon workout. :) I hope everybody is having an awesome day.

Also, 3 lbs?! Fricken sweet! :D

Jho82 05-16-2012 11:56 AM

LOL @ Kayla "fricken sweet"! So glad you refused to give in and I hope that coffee did the trick - this often works for me as well!

That is amazing Tracey! Congrats to you! You are totally in "The Zone"! Keep it up and keep posting those amazing results to keep everybody motivated! WOOHOO!!!!

Nicole - I usually just do a quick "copy" if whatever I type out before I hit the submit button - fitday often times out if you'e spent too much time writing a reply! Earrings make a huge difference for me too.... I've had to stop a few times at a store on the way to work if I've forgotten my earrings...sad but true - its totally makes a difference in my self-confidence even though noone would ever notice if I wasn't wearing them. (I'm a little crazy like that!)...(also lipgloss is my worst addiction):)

HCK - great resisting on the snacks before dinner! These small accomplishments will make a huge difference in the long run! Get that water in ya!!

My results for the past 2 days..... awesome! I feel great! Gotta finish off the last 20 oz of water and get my Wed workout in and I'm right on track for my goals! Watching American Idol is really going to get me pumped for the damn Elliptical! I had a really good bonus workout yesterday and can feel it in my shoulders and abs - love that feeling! I may be over in my cals today only by a pinch... I splurged on some Velveeta Mac-N-chs for lunch - could not believe the calories after I consumed of course! :eek:

Jho82 05-17-2012 02:03 AM

Ladies?! Are we all on track here!? I think we need a countdown on here... I'll look into it!

Jho82 05-17-2012 02:15 AM

Mother's Day - 90 Day Challenge

Time until Friday, August 10, 2012 at 12:01:01 PM (London time)

85 days
2041 hours
122513 minutes
7350784 seconds

Alternative version
It is 85 days, 1 hour, 53 minutes, 4 seconds
until Friday, August 10, 2012 at 12:01:01 PM (London time)

Current time is
Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 10:07:57 AM EDT (local time in London)

I'll find a more creative one after i've done some cleaning.... Nicole Let me know if this date works for you for an end date!

kayla.underhill 05-17-2012 02:33 AM

Seems like a good end date. I hope everyone is having a good day so far. I'm on track thus far today, coffee and yoga for breakfast and about to head to work. I will probably be out until saturday because I am taking a road trip, pray that my willpower holds against gas station food! I hope you all have a great few days and I will see ya when I get back!

traceymc1985 05-17-2012 07:48 AM

Still on track- i wish i knew all the food you guys talk about- velveeta??
The end date is good with me- but i dont mind if its not in london timezone- whatever is easiest for all of you.
Kids are at their dads for the weekend tomorrow so im planning ahead the food so i can stay on track- does it sound strange to say i get scared of weekends? Sometimes they can be so challenging especially i im not keeping busy- Boredom eating- bad habits time to break!
Anyone else trying to work out the triggers that lead us to eat badly and solving ways to fix them??

blahyaddablah 05-17-2012 08:31 AM

JHo- countdown date looks good to me!

So, umm.... today is going pretty well but I did get tempted by a Wagon Wheel !LOL. Even with that, I'm still good with my calories though!

kayla.underhill 05-17-2012 09:22 AM

Tracey, I absolutely know how you feel. Snacking is a huge issue when there is nothing better to do! I have not yet figured out how to avoid this, but if you do let me know!

traceymc1985 05-17-2012 09:42 AM

Hi Kayla- im trying to find things that keep my mind occupied- i even come upstairs early when the kids are in bed to stop me visiting the cupboards every ad break but that doesnt work cos i send boyfriend down instead but hes great cos he will bring me up a piece of fruit.
So far i find it helpful if i prepare lots of fresh fruit in the day to save time, especially with the time-wasting options- it will last 2 days in the fridge in an airtight container. Things like melon, pineapple and mango. This way there is always something healthy to grab and with me on weightwatchers all fruit is 0 points so i use it to fill up.
It puts me off preparing a fruit if it takes too long- im getting better now with more practice though.
I know too much can bulk up calories but these arent taken into account with the new plan its more about the way a body uses the other nutrients available by the food. Its all science but its been working and the weight is coming off faster than it did before.
Any other things that i come up i will post and lets all do that to help keep the snacks under control. Anymore tips anyone?

blahyaddablah 05-20-2012 04:45 AM

The last 2 days I've been sick so my goals kinda went out the window. The first day I didn't feel like eating much so my calories were way under, the next day I went over cause I was so hungry from not eating the day before. Wasn't on track with exercise, water or vitamins:(

Oh well, I'm back on track again today! Still not feeling 100% but not so bad as to have an excuse for not sticking to my goals!

kayla.underhill 05-21-2012 04:54 AM

So... On my road trip this weekend, I fell of the wagon so hard that I didn't find it and get back on until today.... However, I am back on track today, working out and eating good things. Thank goodness, because I honestly felt quite crappy at the end of a weekend of eating just junk. Hope everyone is having a lovely monday. :)

HardcaorKittyGirl 05-21-2012 02:20 PM

Sorry didn't really warn you guys here I was going on a camping trip. :o I think I did pretty well! I went on a 6 km hike and ran half of it! And I didn't even have a single marshmallow. So, overall, I'm pretty proud of myself.

Jho82 05-22-2012 04:55 AM

Kayla - its ok to fall off as long as your get back on and kick some butt! Not sure what you do for your workouts but I want to see a couple extra minutes or a couple extra reps for your minor setback!! :p

HCK - thats awesome! Congrats on the control! I had a few nacho chips this past weekend but not nearly as much as I could have - I limited the intake making a conscious effort to stay on track!

Tracey - in my opinion you can't go wrong with fruit...yeah yeah theres alot of sugar and blah blah blah but its better than other things you could have eaten right!? My main trigger is having the bad food in the house - if its in the cupboard, I will eat it! I just don't buy it anymore... I used to buy junk and say "I'll just portion it and have it for the kids for a snack" and then eat all of it! So thats what I do - I stick with my yogurt (35cals) and add a little bit of fruit (I freeze grapes and melon) and granola - my fav! It's sweet and crunchy and filling! If I'm craving salty I stick with air-popped popcorn (not microwaved!) and add a little but of pepper for taste. Also - if I'm feeling "hungry" I will chug back 10 oz of water before I eat anything to feel fuller. Like you, I often have trouble staying on track on the weekends! Its a challenge but I try to log in here when I can!

Jho82 05-23-2012 07:50 AM

[IMG]<center><embed src="http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/2/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/&clickLABEL=Countdown Clock by Zoodu.com&flashLABEL=Zoodu.com - Pimp Your Profile!&skin=http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/2/skins/a16.swf&text=Mother%27s%20Day%20Gift%20%2D%2090%20 Day%20Challenge%20is%20COMPLETE%21%21%20%20%3A%29& untilColor=255&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2012& month=7&day=10&hour=12&minute=0&second=0&x=12&y=76 " quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/">Countdown Clock by Zoodu.com</a></small></center>[/IMG]

Jho82 05-23-2012 07:51 AM

Ooops! That didn't work - I created a new countdown but I don't know how to get it on here... damn computers!

HardcaorKittyGirl 05-23-2012 11:51 AM

Jho - I am no computer expert either but this also happens to me from time to time on fit day whenever I try paste something. I think the link might be broken or something and maybe you should try refreshing th page and posting it again. I hope that helps.:)

kayla.underhill 05-24-2012 03:47 AM

Hey everybody, I hope everyone is having a good thursday. I have been off work the last couple days because I have a sick little one, so I have been extraordinarily productive. 2 workouts a day instead of one, and my house is on its way to being spotless! woo! I hope everyone is staying on track and making progress! also, you guys are my willpower inspiration! I'm totally impressed with a marshmallow free camping trip! :D

traceymc1985 05-24-2012 08:15 AM

Hi everyone- really sorry ive been away.
My grandma passed away last friday and i made a snap decision to go with my mum over to Ireland for the funeral. Ive been catching up on rest sinc i got back- missed out on days of sleep and the diet went out the window. I tried to stay on track- i didnt snack and only ate at mealtimes but it was almost impossible to make a super healthy choice.
I went to weigh in last night only to find out when i got there it was cancelled and theu couldnt get a cover leader. I wasnt happy i really wanted to see the damage to the numbers and put it behind me to start again. Will have to now wait til next week for weigh in and im finding it hard to get the discipline i had before i went.
Hope all of you have done good!!
x

kayla.underhill 05-25-2012 03:16 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma tracey. Losing a loved one is always hard.

I'm not sure how I feel about today, I finished the day with about 150 calories left, but I didn't really eat anything good for me, so they were not good calories. There was chocolate, and chicken strips involved. I guess its a plus that I stayed within my calorie limits, but I prefer to do it with nutritionally packed foods. Have I mentioned that I am a nutrition major? So I really try to look at the most effective foods nutritionally and not just calories, I just didn't do that very well today.

Also, I am considering buying an exercise bike. Thoughts? I have tried my stepmom's and aunt's and I love them!

blahyaddablah 05-28-2012 04:49 AM

Bad me!

Sorry to hear about your loss Tracy, so sad:(

I haven't been sticking to my goals very well over the past few days:o I've been feeling kinda mopey, I guess stress is getting to me. I'm not going to give up though! Never quit quittign your bad habits right! I get stuck in the pattern of always beating myself up when I stray from my goals, but I'm not going to do that this time. As of this moment, I'm going to get back on track! I think I'll go grab a glass of water.....:) Baby steps right! I need to find a way to cheer myself up that does not include something sweet and chocolatey!