Notices

Mother's Day Gift to Me- 90 Day Challenge

Old 05-14-2012, 04:26 PM
FitDay Member

Default Uggghhhh!

OK, so the fat gods must really be mad at me for turning my backs on them!

I've been doing great today and then...... the lab lady give me a really delicious looking rhubarb muffin her mother made. Rhubarb..... healthy right... although this rhubarb muffin looks more like a rhubarb cupcake... with melted sugary topping..... So I say to myself- "self, I'm going to stick to my guns and not eat that totally yummy looking muffin/cupcake". Instead I opted for my bag of cauliflower....

Great right? But then, one of the truck drivers came in and gave me 3 little cinnamon buns his wife made. UGH! I LOVE cinnamon buns. They smell SOOOO good. So my mind automatically goes into justification mode. Hmm, cinnamon, that's a metabolism booster right? And look at how small they are. I wonder how many calories they have. I'm not at my calorie limit yet....

So far I have not eaten one but BOY am I tempted! Can I really be so lame as to not be able to stick to my goals for more than one day???? That is really PATHETIC!!!! I think I'll go look at the "before" picture I took of myself in that bathing suit that I want to fit in.... that is one scary pic. Hopefully it will shock me right out of eating a muffin/cupcake/cinnamon bun!
Old 05-14-2012, 05:42 PM
FitDay Member

Crisis averted- for now!

Looked at my "phat picture" and decided to go with a Wonderslim Protein Pudding and some raspberries instead of the muffin/cupcake/cinnamon roll. Much less carbs I'm sure and 12g of protein Yeah me for making a good decision!!!! Hopefully I can resist temptation in a few hours when I'm hungry again....
Old 05-15-2012, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

WOW Nicole - good for you! It will take some time but its just a habit that you snack on all the "bad" treats - once you get going and start seeing some major results, you won't even want those treats anymore. I'm quite impressed and not sure that I would have the willpower to say no twice! Crazy awesome chicky! CRAZY AWESOME!

I had some major energy yesterday - probably all the water - it felt really good! Hope to continue today but its been a slow start.... waiting for my coffee to kick in!

I'll check in again in a bit! Kayla, Tracey, HCK?? How'd y'all do yesterday! We have a long road ahead of us! We can do it!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

Good job Nicole! I don't think I would be able to resist that one. Haha, "phat" picture. I'm a little camera shy so I'm not sure if I'll have any pics of me like that but I can look around. The strategy sure seems to work for you!

Jho, I'm feeling the energy too! Have no idea why though, my water wasn't the greatest yesterday.

I walked home from work. I was starving when I got back and as the dinner was cooking I was tempted to snack but I resisted.

I'll check in on you guys later!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone- ive had a better week than last week but not the best- i get weighed in tomorrow and hoping that i can just get the 1lb off that i gained last week. I will let you all know- when does everyone else weigh in? I only seem to stick to it with my weightwatchers weekly weigh in but i do enjoy the diet plan too.
I had a smaller portion meal past 2 days and i was ok with it- once i had no leftovers to eat for seconds meant i couldnt overeat on something that wasnt there! GENIUS Haha.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

I don't like to weigh in at all.... When I did weigh in and lost some weight, I broke down and thought it was ok to cheat a little here and a little there... I do better with how I feel rather than what the scale tells me. If my pants start to fall off, that will be the day that I weigh in so stay tuned!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:36 AM
FitDay Member

I had another great day today even with the extra meal I ate before my son's swim lessons - should still be right on calorie budget!! I am also getting a bonus workout in tonight because I am feeling super energized - I want to keep the momentum going!! I aim to workout M/W/F but have my bonus T/TH/S.

Bonus #1 OW OW!!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:25 PM
FitDay Member

Default Day 2

Well, My day did not start off so great because I woke up too late to have time to exercise. But I tried really hard to not let that ruin my whole day. I am still 250 calories under-budget, and considering a bedtime snack. Plus I drank tons of water today, which resulted in walking probably 100 miles to the bathroom and back for 10 hours. (cardio right?) I typically weigh in on Saturdays, but I am considering a bi-weekly weigh in instead of weekly, because I get discouraged if I do not see the results I think I have earned.

I'm super excited that everyone is doing so good, and I totally wish I had the willpower to say no to muffins/cupcakes/cinnamon rolls when they are presented. Lucky for me, no such thing has crossed my path. lol.

Keep it up everybody!! Awesome stuff!!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Good Day So Far!

I just wrote the most inspirational thread ever, however it seems to have disapeared when I tried to post it

So, I'll just give a brief update instead.

It's great to see everyone is doing so well! Extra workouts, walking home after work, extra calories left over!!!! Great job ladies!

As for me, I'm still sticking to my goals. I've already lost a few pounds of water weight which is great because I was feeling SUPER bloated. I have a day off today so I've decided to have a long, hot bubble bath, give myself a facial and I may even wear earrings today!!! It's been ages since I've worn earrings. I've got to get out of the funky fat lady feeling!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

I had my weigh in this evening and im totally over the moon- ive lost 3lbs!!!!!! I cant remember being this weight and im on a high right now and so proud of myself.
I agree that weighing in can sometimes make us go off track whether its a good or bad result.
Right now im loving the scales and already looking forward to getting on next week!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.