FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Mother's Day Gift to Me- 90 Day Challenge (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/7383-mothers-day-gift-me-90-day-challenge.html)

blahyaddablah 05-15-2012 04:26 AM

Uggghhhh!

:eek:OK, so the fat gods must really be mad at me for turning my backs on them!

I've been doing great today and then...... the lab lady give me a really delicious looking rhubarb muffin her mother made. Rhubarb..... healthy right... although this rhubarb muffin looks more like a rhubarb cupcake... with melted sugary topping..... So I say to myself- "self, I'm going to stick to my guns and not eat that totally yummy looking muffin/cupcake". Instead I opted for my bag of cauliflower....

Great right? But then, one of the truck drivers came in and gave me 3 little cinnamon buns his wife made. UGH! I LOVE cinnamon buns. They smell SOOOO good. So my mind automatically goes into justification mode. Hmm, cinnamon, that's a metabolism booster right? And look at how small they are. I wonder how many calories they have. I'm not at my calorie limit yet....

So far I have not eaten one but BOY am I tempted! Can I really be so lame as to not be able to stick to my goals for more than one day???? That is really PATHETIC!!!! I think I'll go look at the "before" picture I took of myself in that bathing suit that I want to fit in.... that is one scary pic. Hopefully it will shock me right out of eating a muffin/cupcake/cinnamon bun!

blahyaddablah 05-15-2012 05:42 AM

Crisis averted- for now!

Looked at my "phat picture" and decided to go with a Wonderslim Protein Pudding and some raspberries instead of the muffin/cupcake/cinnamon roll. Much less carbs I'm sure and 12g of protein :) Yeah me for making a good decision!!!! Hopefully I can resist temptation in a few hours when I'm hungry again....

Jho82 05-15-2012 12:27 PM

WOW Nicole - good for you! It will take some time but its just a habit that you snack on all the "bad" treats - once you get going and start seeing some major results, you won't even want those treats anymore. I'm quite impressed and not sure that I would have the willpower to say no twice! Crazy awesome chicky! CRAZY AWESOME! :)

I had some major energy yesterday - probably all the water - it felt really good! Hope to continue today but its been a slow start.... waiting for my coffee to kick in!

I'll check in again in a bit! Kayla, Tracey, HCK?? How'd y'all do yesterday! We have a long road ahead of us! We can do it!!!

HardcaorKittyGirl 05-15-2012 01:35 PM

Good job Nicole! I don't think I would be able to resist that one. Haha, "phat" picture. I'm a little camera shy so I'm not sure if I'll have any pics of me like that but I can look around. The strategy sure seems to work for you!

Jho, I'm feeling the energy too! Have no idea why though, my water wasn't the greatest yesterday.

I walked home from work. :D I was starving when I got back and as the dinner was cooking I was tempted to snack but I resisted.

I'll check in on you guys later!

traceymc1985 05-15-2012 09:00 PM

Hi everyone- ive had a better week than last week but not the best- i get weighed in tomorrow and hoping that i can just get the 1lb off that i gained last week. I will let you all know- when does everyone else weigh in? I only seem to stick to it with my weightwatchers weekly weigh in but i do enjoy the diet plan too.
I had a smaller portion meal past 2 days and i was ok with it- once i had no leftovers to eat for seconds meant i couldnt overeat on something that wasnt there! GENIUS Haha.

Jho82 05-15-2012 11:19 PM

I don't like to weigh in at all.... When I did weigh in and lost some weight, I broke down and thought it was ok to cheat a little here and a little there... I do better with how I feel rather than what the scale tells me. If my pants start to fall off, that will be the day that I weigh in so stay tuned! :)

Jho82 05-15-2012 11:36 PM

I had another great day today even with the extra meal I ate before my son's swim lessons - should still be right on calorie budget!! I am also getting a bonus workout in tonight because I am feeling super energized - I want to keep the momentum going!! I aim to workout M/W/F but have my bonus T/TH/S.

Bonus #1 OW OW!!

kayla.underhill 05-16-2012 02:25 AM

Day 2

Well, My day did not start off so great because I woke up too late to have time to exercise. But I tried really hard to not let that ruin my whole day. I am still 250 calories under-budget, and considering a bedtime snack. Plus I drank tons of water today, which resulted in walking probably 100 miles to the bathroom and back for 10 hours. (cardio right?) :) I typically weigh in on Saturdays, but I am considering a bi-weekly weigh in instead of weekly, because I get discouraged if I do not see the results I think I have earned.

I'm super excited that everyone is doing so good, and I totally wish I had the willpower to say no to muffins/cupcakes/cinnamon rolls when they are presented. Lucky for me, no such thing has crossed my path. lol.

Keep it up everybody!! Awesome stuff!!

blahyaddablah 05-16-2012 04:26 PM

Good Day So Far!

I just wrote the most inspirational thread ever, however it seems to have disapeared when I tried to post it:confused:

So, I'll just give a brief update instead.

It's great to see everyone is doing so well!:D Extra workouts, walking home after work, extra calories left over!!!! Great job ladies!

As for me, I'm still sticking to my goals. I've already lost a few pounds of water weight which is great because I was feeling SUPER bloated. I have a day off today so I've decided to have a long, hot bubble bath, give myself a facial and I may even wear earrings today!!! It's been ages since I've worn earrings. I've got to get out of the funky fat lady feeling!

traceymc1985 05-16-2012 06:48 PM

I had my weigh in this evening and im totally over the moon- ive lost 3lbs!!!!!! I cant remember being this weight and im on a high right now and so proud of myself.
I agree that weighing in can sometimes make us go off track whether its a good or bad result.
Right now im loving the scales and already looking forward to getting on next week!