Notices

7 Day Motivational Starting 5/7/12

Old 05-07-2012, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Seems like there's a lot of us on the struggle bus. I don't think I've finished an entire week in months. I do pretty good the first few days then life smacks me upside the head. I'll try it again, not sure if it'll work though.

Going to KISS with my goals this week.

1--keep calories to a minimum (something I didn't do last week)
2--log EVERYTHING (again, something I haven't been doing)
3--post start weight and ending weight...I've been letting the scale get in my head. When I first started all this "New Me" stuff I was only weighing in at the beginning of each week and it always made me feel better to see that loss. Lately, I've been doing the weight and post daily and I get caught up in the numbers from day to day. No Mo!!! Going back to basics. Maybe then I'll start seeing the big picture instead of each little flaw.

I may not be able to post very regularly, too much going on lately and I've got to get a handle on all this life stuff. I don't want to drag anyone down (with the exception of maybe Mike j/k). My head has been all kinds of screwy and negative, so maybe it's best to keep it out of the fourms. All I need is my negativity bringing every one else to my level.

Wishing everyone tremendous success this week.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:37 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in to be thin (or a little bit thinner than I am now at least)...

Goals week of 5/7
Water, lots of water (70+)
1500 cals or less.
Throw out the leftover birthday cake, and cupcakes!
Gym 2x this week.
20 min power walk at work each day.
Pack my lunch each day so I don't eat out.
Pay attention to portion sizes.
No mindless snacking after dinner (allowed one piece of something sweet like a chocolate square - that is it)!
Lose 1 lb this week.

Ama
Old 05-07-2012, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all! I'm a little ill right now, so if I post anything in black that will be due to sick leave. But I'm in for a warm week so hopefully it will pass.

Goals for the week:
Eat normal portions! Not that of an elephant!
Stick to meal plan
Stick to Exersize plan
8 glasses of water a day
5 sugary snacks this week

Life:
Spend time outside (if reasonable)
Do one thing on my boring list of stuff to do
Be positive
Old 05-07-2012, 01:28 PM
FitDay Member

Hey y'all.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Oh hai! How have you been?!
Originally Posted by almeeker
hey y'all.
Seriously, you have been missed!
I was just poking through the herbs in the garden center today thinking how busy you must be with planting. Hope all is going well.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

That last post was a test, I swear, I posted this morning, and when I went to check in tonight, nada. It's gone, what a shame because it was a good little set of goals.

Sorry that I've been AWAL, life has been nuts and I felt like I just needed to take a break from counting cals and working out and all that "healthy" junk, and to plow through some craziness from the kids. Anyway in the midst of it all, middle child fell off a pony and broke her arm. Getting a cast put on a kiddo is sort of like adding a cranky newborn to the family, oi. You also would not believe how difficult it is to find a decent orthopedic surgeon, who is also interested in making an appointment in a timely fashion. Oh, I was not a very nice woman there for several hours straight. But it's all good, arm is mending, mom here is even feeling slightly less bitter toward the medical profession as a whole.

I noticed over the past few weeks that I was sort of slipping into something like mild depression or something, poor diet, lack of sleep, lack of exercise, this sort of made my brain/mental state deteriorate or something. Anyway I've pulled my head out of "whoa is me" land and made a conscience decision to join up again with the healthy side. And guess what? I feel a ton better already. Today I didn't have heartburn, I'm energetic, I got things accomplished. Now if only I can get a little momentum going here...

Health Goals:

1. Calories 1,400 or less. 1,340
2. Water 100 oz or more. 100,
3. Log food, weight and activities daily. Y
4. Exercise 5 hours. 35 min,

Other Stuff:

1. Housekeeping 30 min daily + 1 load laundry. YY
2. Work on rabbit cages. Y
3. Take load to Goodwill. Y

That's it for me, baby steps. Tomorrow I might even brave the pedometer.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Oh hai! How have you been?!

Seriously, you have been missed!
I was just poking through the herbs in the garden center today thinking how busy you must be with planting. Hope all is going well.
I've missed you guys too. It's just been really crazy. Our oldest DD competed in History Day, but along the way she talked me into being a sponsor for 5 other kids. Anyway I ended up having 4 of them qualify for the state event. I was a complete wreck! This is why I never did theater, I can make costumes, props, talk a kid through the research, help write a script, coach a little acting, help block, help edit, whatev. But please dear Lord do not put me up on stage and make me play a part.

I haven't gotten the garden in yet, although I will admit to jonesing for the feel of dirt between my fingers and toes... I did plant peas and strawberries, and mom put some potatoes in this past weekend. But here in MI we don't get too excited about gardening until mid May. It doesn't matter that it was 80 deg in March, there will still be plenty of frost and a snow storm between April Fool's and Mother's Day.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Check In;

1. 1300 calories or fewer. 1270
2. Exercise 6 hours. 30 min
3. New water bottle...get two down every day. Yes
4. Eat clean. Yes
5. Take vitamins. Yes
6. Sleep 7 hours. 6 (Sunday night)
7. Log everything and participate in forums. Yes

I'm trying to get some momentum, too...there is strength in numbers!

Day one, so far, so good!

Hope everyone had a good start to the week.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

Didn't exercise today because of my back, but didn't eat much either, so my deficit was still in check. Hopefully it's better tomorrow and I can at least go for a walk.

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1352
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - nothing
3) 20% protein minimum - 26%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 757
6) take vitamins - yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no

Good job Cassie and Almeeker!
Old 05-07-2012, 03:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday

1--keep calories to a minimum (something I didn't do last week): 1248
2--log EVERYTHING (again, something I haven't been doing): YES
3--post start weight and ending weight...I've been letting the scale get in my head. When I first started all this "New Me" stuff I was only weighing in at the beginning of each week and it always made me feel better to see that loss. Lately, I've been doing the weight and post daily and I get caught up in the numbers from day to day. No Mo!!! Going back to basics. Maybe then I'll start seeing the big picture instead of each little flaw: 189.4

That's it kiddos....see ya on the flip side

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.