Notices

7 Day Motivational Starting 5/7/12

Old 05-12-2012, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Slinking in on the outskirts to see how everyone is. I'm starting to get defunkedified, just taking a while. I'm pretty sure it's just a post breakup funk, and I'll be okay in the end. More than okay, I'm going to be better for it. I'm trying to convince myself

I'm taking a page out of Mike's playbook....this pretty much sums it all up for me.

So far I'm down 1.4 this week, not real sure how but I'll take it. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Last edited by ToriD1012; 05-12-2012 at 04:48 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

Edit: The Boy has chosen the dinner plan...Big Pie in the Sky. Anybody ever see the Man v. Food episode with the Carnivore Challenge pizza? (We are soooo not getting that).

Help me, Rhonda.

Glad to see so many faces here on the weekend! I was off plan yesterday but have pulled it back in, so, so far so good today.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie you are so funny: Help Me, Rhonda. Big pie in the sky, huh?

Ginger beef, huh? Sounds like last weekend!!! Pizza and Chinese food!!

Casisie, love the ideas with the wontons. And I love the recipe ideas everyone is giving!!!

So Mern, to answer your question re settign my miocrowave on fire in a word: popcorn. Yes I, Lucy Ricardo, put a bag of popcorn in the microwave and then walked away and forgot about it. Yes. And it set the micorwave on fire so I called DH at his poker game. And our friend Tony said I cannot let you speak to him during poker unless there is arterial bleeding and I said if you don't let me speak to him there will be. And DH came home and saved the day (but not alas the popcorn.)

Weird day yesterday. I have had pain after completion of my root canal. The orthodontist said it was my wisdom tooth and I needed it pulled (whut?) gave me a kiss on my cheeck (huh?) and took $350. off my bill (hmmm.). I left the office upset he said I needed to have my tooth pulled, got pulled over for speeding, burst into tears and the cop wound up practically apologizing and letting me go ("C'mon, now, did I say you were getting a ticket? C'mon, now, it'll be OK. Could I please just see a valid drivers license? How bout that? Your tooth will be OK. It's nothin getitngt puleld. I got one pulled, no problem. You OK to drive?") It was like the ultimate in what I call "There, there, little lady," I swear. My regular dentist got me in for an x ray and consult, didn't charge me, told me he didn't think I needed the wisdom tooth out; he thought the root canal just needed to settle.) Then DH spent the rest of the day and night trying to cheer me up: made me a nice dinner (which I didn't eat cause I had already binge eaten) took me to a music club and B&N.

So the good with the bad.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Ended up angry-eating a bunch of the Chinese food leftovers last night (just standing at the kitchen counter eating cold, congealed Chinese food out of the styrofoam box - claaaaaassy). I was so physically tired from painting and the kiddo chose last night to decide he wasn't going to bed. Pretty much every night I can put him in his bed, kiss him goodnight, and walk out and I don't hear from him until morning. Last night? Every two minutes, for 2 1/2 hours, he was standing in his doorway. I was doing the Supernanny thing of just silently putting him back in bed, but clearly, it didn't work. I wouldn't have minded if he was upset, or feeling sick, but he was standing there LAUGHING every time he got up. Aargh. I feel like my mom must have given him ten cups of coffee or something yesterday, he was so hyper. I ended up lying with him in my bed till he fell asleep...at 10:30. So much for chilling out in front of the tv before bed.

So in between putting him back in bed, I was stuffing my face with chow mein. And today I'm up 4 POUNDS from yesterday. No salt for the next few days, ugh.

Any suggestions on what to do when a kid won't go to bed would be great
Old 05-12-2012, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Weird day yesterday. I have had pain after completion of my root canal. The orthodontist said it was my wisdom tooth and I needed it pulled (whut?) gave me a kiss on my cheeck (huh?) and took $350. off my bill (hmmm.). I left the office upset he said I needed to have my tooth pulled, got pulled over for speeding, burst into tears and the cop wound up practically apologizing and letting me go ("C'mon, now, did I say you were getting a ticket? C'mon, now, it'll be OK. Could I please just see a valid drivers license? How bout that? Your tooth will be OK. It's nothin getitngt puleld. I got one pulled, no problem. You OK to drive?") It was like the ultimate in what I call "There, there, little lady," I swear. My regular dentist got me in for an x ray and consult, didn't charge me, told me he didn't think I needed the wisdom tooth out; he thought the root canal just needed to settle.) Then DH spent the rest of the day and night trying to cheer me up: made me a nice dinner (which I didn't eat cause I had already binge eaten) took me to a music club and B&N.
Sounds just like a scene from a movie
Old 05-12-2012, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

1) 6 daily glasses of water minimum: 6,8,7 9,9
2) 1650 calories maximum: 1347, 1642,2064!!! 1560, 1806
3) walk/gym 3x this week minimum: No, NO, YES no, no
4) write one hour per day MINIMUM: 1/2 hour, GRRRRRRR; Yes, Yes yes but not good, yes
5) be present and mindful: Yes, Yes, Yes when I wasn't, I pulled myself back in, NO even the guy in the fish store said where are you?
Old 05-12-2012, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Checking Posted my food for the day. Below 1500. So far so good this week.

Now to get through Brunch tomorrow = although I'm golfing after so that helps
Old 05-12-2012, 03:17 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1352, 1533, 1581, 1722, 2137 (guilt free!), 1583
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - nothing, walking 1hr/weights, 45 mins walking/nothing else, painted 7 hrs, painted 7 hrs, gardening 2 hrs (I'm counting it)/nothing else
3) 20% protein minimum - 26%, 25%, 20%, 23%, 27%, 26%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+, 64oz+, 64oz+, 64oz+, 64oz, 64oz+
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 757, 716, 594, 1054, 639, 811
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, yes, no, no, no, no
Old 05-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, Hope, your day was too bizarre! I'm so glad you didn't get the ticket and hopefully your mouth feels better soon. I love your response to DH's poker buddy; that was quick thinking and got the point across! So, seriously, you got called out by the guy in the fish store? That is too funny. I think you are due for a good day tomorrow, so go have one!

nobe, we used story tapes when our son was little. We had a tape player and then a CD player and he would just lie in bed and listen until he fell asleep.

Mern, I hope prom was lovely for your GD. I know you are so proud. Kind of makes all the frustration worth it, doesn't it? Is she going to be staying with you after graduation, too?

Tori, hang in there, girl. Go wail away at some balls in a batting cage if you get frustrated (yes, I've got the baseball bug this time of year, too). You can do it, and when you can't, fake it till you get your mojo back.

Mary, Happy Mother's Day to you and the other moms here...enjoy yourself and your day.

Well, I'm pretty wiped out. I did some exercise this AM and had thought I would do another session when we got home, but that was at 10:30 . We did not expect to be anywhere near that late. Plus it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so there goes my long hike.

Don't know how to log the pizza but I'm pretty sure I'm within calories for the day, drank the water, oops forgot the vitamins, not too bad on goals but way behind on exercise. The guys did get the carnivore pizza, not the giant one, but it is truly obscene. Fortunately, that doesn't tempt me in the least. I had a slice of cheese and a salad and that was fine with me.

Long day. Tomorrow is for catching up on work and chores. Right now I think I'm going to read myself to sleep.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:27 PM
FitDay Member

HOPE. Way to go on avoiding the ticket, hope your tooth settles down soon and doesn't need pulled. Yeuck I hate going to the dentist.

Just checking in quickly from Budapest, lovely city, lots to see and visit, too much tempting food and drink but I am going to try hard to be careful and will do lots of walking.
Saw where they are filming the Bruce Willis movie yesterday and watched them shooting some cutaway scenes but didn't see Bruce :-(.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.