Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Starting 5/7/12

Old 05-12-2012, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Goals week of 5/7
Water, lots of water (70+): Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
1500 cals or less. N, Y, N, Y, Almost
Throw out the leftover birthday cake, and cupcakes! Y, but not until Tuesday pm.
Gym 2x this week. Wed Y, N (but I did a really good Crunch workout at home Friday).
20 min power walk at work each day. N, N, N, N, N
Pack my lunch each day so I don't eat out. Y, N (lunch meeting), Y, Teleworking so Y, Y
No mindless snacking after dinner (allowed one piece of something sweet like a chocolate square - that is it)! N, N, Y, Y, N
Lose 1 lb this week. TBD

Ama
Old 05-12-2012, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Husband has to work this morning, so I'm fighting off the urge for an Everything Bagel with cream cheese... so, here I am! lol By the time I get done reading all of the posts, I'm sure I'll be able to talk myself into something in the "fruit family".

It's going to be nice, so a walk might be a great diversion as well.

Carry on through the weekend, "Weekend Warriors"!!!

quinn
Old 05-12-2012, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
Went for Chinese food after work. I didn't really want it, but that's where hubby wanted to go and I didn't have any better ideas. Oh well, I worked hard and didn't eat much today. The MSG coma is making me lethargic, though. And there's ginger beef calling my name from the fridge now.
Crud... now I want Chinese, too!!! lol
Old 05-12-2012, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Peaking in to say hello to my ladies. I can't wait until Monday to get back on, I'm going to do me best this weekend.
C 'mon, cupcake! Time to climb back on the wagon with me!
Old 05-12-2012, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone
Hope its a good weekend for you all- went for food shop yesterday and although i spent far too much im excited to be cooking some new meals with all my new ingredients. Tonight is a weightwatchers recipe (ive started a new cookbook collection)- its chorizo and vegetable tagliatelle. I love cooking and the kitchen is one of the places where im the most relaxed even when theres so much going on.
I find that i get bored of the same meals and it keeps me motivated when i make the meals more exciting- you know like when you really look forward to it.
I tasted a delicious salad the other day with olives, feta, red onion and the basic salad so im going to do that myself but using reduced fat and no oil- hoping it gives me the fix without all the calories. Oh yeah and i found some tomatoes-theyre called piccolo- the best ive ever tasted so far.

Any other ideas for bringing a salad to life, different variations that are low fat??

Sorry for talking about food so much and babbling on-i should be in the other section
Old 05-12-2012, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
Hi everyone
Hope its a good weekend for you all- went for food shop yesterday and although i spent far too much im excited to be cooking some new meals with all my new ingredients. Tonight is a weightwatchers recipe (ive started a new cookbook collection)- its chorizo and vegetable tagliatelle. I love cooking and the kitchen is one of the places where im the most relaxed even when theres so much going on.
I find that i get bored of the same meals and it keeps me motivated when i make the meals more exciting- you know like when you really look forward to it.
I tasted a delicious salad the other day with olives, feta, red onion and the basic salad so im going to do that myself but using reduced fat and no oil- hoping it gives me the fix without all the calories. Oh yeah and i found some tomatoes-theyre called piccolo- the best ive ever tasted so far.

Any other ideas for bringing a salad to life, different variations that are low fat??

Sorry for talking about food so much and babbling on-i should be in the other section
I love to throw some dried cherries and slivered almonds onto a salad, or sprinkle some shredded parmesan on it (moderation is key; they can be calorie bombs. I also love that salad from Panera that has the little crispy wonton strips (fried ), so last week I bought some wontons at the store, cut them into strips, sprayed them with a little olive oil cooking spray, and baked them briefly in the oven and put those on a salad. Not fried, crunchy, added good texture and taste; it was great!
Old 05-12-2012, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey, it's wonderful that you enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. I find it really relaxing, too, especially when DH does the cleanup for me, which he often does. My salads are just a good variety of low carb veggies (whatever I have on hand) and low carb bottled dressing, so I don't really have any reduced fat tips for you. Kudos on your weight loss so far--proof that you know what to do and how to do it.

Mike, looking forward to your being back on the wagon with us and being more happy with work and day-to-day life.

Hey, Quinn! I saw your post about wanting Everything Bagel. I earned baked goods bragging rights for this morning. I took live-in GD out to breakfast to a delightful, cozy new bakery/coffee house that has both sofas and tables like Starbucks. She enjoyed pastries and a cup of mocha while I had ONLY a decaf coffee with cream. even on an empty stomach. How's that for willpower, eh? But I must also confess to having a bowl of Lucky Charms before bed last night. :embarrassed:

Ama, great job on your calories, water, and not eating out at lunch.

Nobe, you've done a great job this week. Wow, that MSG really hits you hard, I see. It's only the sodium that gets me.

Cassie, thanks for the heads-up on fibro awareness day.

All our fibro members: wishing you comfort and management--and a cure in the near future.

Hope, thanks for the kudos. I have no problem glowing and crowing. I even take credit for my STEP-grandkids academic achievements, saying they inherit my smart genes through osmosis. LOL So how DID you set your microwave afire, Lucy? My sister melted her whole interior with fire doing a craft where she was drying pine cones in it.

Tunnrida, you can be proud of your achievements this week. More than twice as many daily goals reach as not reached.

Last edited by Mern; 05-12-2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator

Awww how sweet quinniepoo! If you're on the wagon I'm coming to join in!!

Mern, thanks. I did get some goo news. That one bonus that it looked like I wasn't going to get, that had me bummed... looks like I'll get it. It's not as much as originally thought but it's $3200 more than nothing!!!!!
Old 05-12-2012, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quick check in; gotta get some exercise in before taking the boy to a tennis tourney that will suck up the afternoon and evening (plus it's his turn to pick where we eat ).

I did these this morning as an alternative to a power bar or meal bar; so many ingredients in those but I wanted something he could have as a "go to" food for energy during the matches. Use as an energy bar or meal replacement, not a snack, bcs they are calorie bombs, but they turned out great.

Whole Grain Breakfast Cookies Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Have a great Saturday, everyone! I owe a complete check-in but it will have to wait .
Old 05-12-2012, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, that's GREAT news about the bonus. $3200 surely IS better than nothing.

Cassie, that's great that you found the energy bar/meal replacement recipe. I owe a complete check-in but it isn't going to happen.

I have several pleasant errands to run today in prep for live-in GD's senior prom tonight. Her Mom is coming here later to help her dress and take pictures, but GD wants to suprise her Mom early this afternoon at her Mom's house for Mother's Day with a cookie cake when all her siblings will be home at the same time to share it. Tomorrow is a birthday party for my step-DIL's mother across town. But I WILL exercise today (Sunday is a scheduled day off exercise) and will eat ON TRACK both today and tomorrow. No cookie cake for me and tomorrow I'm taking a chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffin with me to the birthday party so I won't feel deprived.)

I was really tickled just a few minutes ago to be able to clone a bunless portobello mushroom "burger" I had last night at a regional chain restaurant. Instead of portobello mushroom cap I used six ounces of button mushrooms with stems removed. I melted together 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons butter substitute (I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter) and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder. Coated the mushrooms with the oil/butter mixture inside and out and sauteed them in a dry skillet until tender and slightly browned. Then I topped that with a thin slice of Swiss Cheese (23 grams) and covered with a lid for only about a minute or less until it melted. YUM!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.