Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 04-26-2010, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Since coming clean on fitday about my actual weight, I've said it out loud to others. But only to people I thought might weigh more, while they were in the act of grilling me for more information on how I've been losing the weight. And I've also had to come clean to a few others after they've ask me how much I want to lose overall, because once you say you want to lose 124 pounds, people generally get bug eyed and want to know how much you weighed to begin with. It also shows on the Wii Fit Plus, so my kids and DH can see it too. Oh well, cats out of the bag now. For years I kept that number a secret, having no idea that I was almost living in fear that people would know and judge me by it. Coming clean was a really big step for me.
Yeah, your cat is out of the bag LOL. You're clean. I give vague answers or right out tell ppl that I'm uncomfortable saying my weight. How do you like your Wii Fit Plus? I don't see you mentioning the workouts here & was wondering if it's worth such a big investment (well, to us it's a big investment)
Old 04-26-2010, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning ladies & Happy Monday - ah, the beginning of a fresh new week. I spent so much time in the garden over the weekend and discovered something about this little pedometer - it doesn't track movement when you're on your hands & knees. After an hour of being in that position planting veggies I checked the pedometer and it said 11 steps so it must have only recorded when I got up to stretch by back & knees. Maybe if I clip it somewhere else? Oh well - I know I got a great workout even if my pedometer didn't.

I hope if any of you live back East that you survived the rainy storms without any damage - after that weather system passed us, before it really built up the power it had when it hit you guys, we've had unbelievably warm & clear weather. Other than the spring winds, it's been perfect, absolutely perfect gardening weather. Sweeeeeet So your weather is in for a big shift! Enjoy the Spring everyone!
Old 04-26-2010, 11:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by desertmountain
Yeah, your cat is out of the bag LOL. You're clean. I give vague answers or right out tell ppl that I'm uncomfortable saying my weight. How do you like your Wii Fit Plus? I don't see you mentioning the workouts here & was wondering if it's worth such a big investment (well, to us it's a big investment)
I really like the Wii Fit Plus. The best thing about it is that it tracks your weight, you can't lie, you can't cheat, and you can't back up and edit what it says. I think that's one problem I have with the bathroom scale, I forget what it said. But the Wii keeps track of you with brutal honesty. A good friend of mine doesn't like hers because it weighs her 10 pounds heavier than her bathroom scale. Ours is pretty close either way, so I don't have that issue. It was a big investment to us too.

I also like to play Wii games with the kids, it's a really big help on rainy days. I love that they are up taking turns moving around rather than laying around like slugs. The other thing I like about it is that it's fun to do, and a good fall back position for those days when I don't want to work out at all. I don't know that you can get in fantastic shape with it, but it's just the perfect thing on those days when you can't face the gym or the elliptical and Jillian Michaels can just go to the devil. If you know what I mean.

Good morning ladies & Happy Monday - ah, the beginning of a fresh new week. I spent so much time in the garden over the weekend and discovered something about this little pedometer - it doesn't track movement when you're on your hands & knees. After an hour of being in that position planting veggies I checked the pedometer and it said 11 steps so it must have only recorded when I got up to stretch by back & knees. Maybe if I clip it somewhere else? Oh well - I know I got a great workout even if my pedometer didn't.

I hope if any of you live back East that you survived the rainy storms without any damage - after that weather system passed us, before it really built up the power it had when it hit you guys, we've had unbelievably warm & clear weather. Other than the spring winds, it's been perfect, absolutely perfect gardening weather. Sweeeeeet So your weather is in for a big shift! Enjoy the Spring everyone!
I'm cracking up over the image of you crawling around on your knees trying to stomp them hard so the steps register. It's good to know that it doesn't catch all that, since I'm getting revved up to plant mine soon. FYI it doesn't pick up, um marital relations either, rough or otherwise, but I won't go into details on how I know that... When I first started wearing mine I would take tiny steps all over the house stomping harder than I usually do just trying to get my numbers up. Way too funny. Now I just hop on the elliptical and go for an hour, that usually gets me off to a good start on the number for the day. I realized very early on that the difference between my lifestyle and a 10,000 step lifestyle was a 20-30 minute run. The crazy part is that apparently I needed a $20 pedometer to figure that out? Man I'm not too bright.

Glad to hear the weather is improving. It's still too cold at night for planting most veggies here yet. I have to get on dad about that garden.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:30 PM
FitDay Member

Default good start to the week

welcome back cc- hope you enjoyed your vac and congrats on maintaining
I'm a stress eater as well- either I can't eat anything- or want to eat comfort foods- both are not good because after not eating I'm so hungry I eat way too much- and usually bad choices. Now, either I come here and it helps to express yourself or I have a serious talk to myself about my goals and the foods that will help or hinder those goals. I also try very hard not to have foods in the house so temptation is easier to avoid.

way to go you gardners- the weather was a bit rainy this weekend, but still managed to walk both days.

I also have a Wii Fit and loved it this winter, but now am looking forward to some outside activities- although I have a yoga and strength training routine that I will still do before I walk to warm-up. Love the yoga after working all day- feels so good to strech those muscles. It's also nice for days when I can't get outside. the hula-hoop is a real workout too !! lol
Old 04-26-2010, 11:38 PM
FitDay Member

HI Christine - glad that you found us over here. What kinds of foods are you eating now? Maybe if you gave us some examples of a typical day ppl could share what's worked for them & what they see that might be a problem. Great going on the workouts! Getting to make it a daily habit was really hard for me. I still have to make myself do it most days.
Hey thanks for replying. Well what I usually eat is

breakfast - All bran buds with activia fat free fiber yogurt
Snack - 2 Ryvita thin crisp whole grain crackers with Almond extreme (Almond butter,honey, flax seeds)
Lunch - Weight watchers frozen dinner or salad with a chicken breast and light dressing, fruit
Snack - Protein bar or protein drink because I would of just worked out
Supper - Meat, veg, brown rice if we choose to have rice, whole grain pasta (we are cutting that out now), Boiled dinner which is all good for ya,

Now my problem is that I do not usually stop there if I am being honest with myself. sometime I feel I can not stop eatting. I feel like I might almost be a binger without the purging part. If it is sweets or junk food I will eat it all until it is gone no problem.

I know I eat for other reason than I am hungry but it is hard to break that. I feel a food addiction (which is what I feel I have) ifs harder to break than any other addictions because you just never have anything other things you are addicted to ever again.....not that case with food now is it.

I am hopeful I will get to my goal of 140 because it is affecting my marriage now as well since I do not want to have sex much partly because I do not want him to see me in certain positions. I am afraid he will be grossed out and leave me.

Anyway I am sounding depressed but dont worry I am not lol. I am just being honest and trying to get everything out there so I can hear what you guys have to say as I am sure I am not alone

Christine
Old 04-26-2010, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

What are samples of waht you guys eat? How do you plan your day for waht to eat? How do you count calories? do you eat the same everyday?

Chrsitine
Old 04-27-2010, 01:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Eating for me

I use fitday's foods a lot. I create my own favorite custom food list and since I tend to eat a lot of the same things it's easy. I'm not following a certain diet and probably not a well balanced one either so I make sure I take enough vitamins, calcium, supplements etc. to cover what I'm lacking. fit days good about charting nutrition.

I still eat a lot of things I've always eaten. Instead of a whataburger I get a whataburger junior. I'll never stay with it if I can't have what I want to eat, just less of it. I'm buying more fruits and veggies and since I'm not buying the junk food I'll eat the better stuff. Last night I was hungry so I had a small container of watermelon. Just make sure I enter everything on the food list so I can check my calories, etc.

I try to eat when I'm hungry, eat slowly, and take at least 20 minutes to eat.
Try to listen to my body and stop when I get full. I find myself craving veggies sometimes so that's what I eat. Generally I lose weight better with more protein and less carbs.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
Hey thanks for replying. Well what I usually eat is

breakfast - All bran buds with activia fat free fiber yogurt
Snack - 2 Ryvita thin crisp whole grain crackers with Almond extreme (Almond butter,honey, flax seeds)
Lunch - Weight watchers frozen dinner or salad with a chicken breast and light dressing, fruit
Snack - Protein bar or protein drink because I would of just worked out
Supper - Meat, veg, brown rice if we choose to have rice, whole grain pasta (we are cutting that out now), Boiled dinner which is all good for ya,

Now my problem is that I do not usually stop there if I am being honest with myself. sometime I feel I can not stop eatting. I feel like I might almost be a binger without the purging part. If it is sweets or junk food I will eat it all until it is gone no problem.

I know I eat for other reason than I am hungry but it is hard to break that. I feel a food addiction (which is what I feel I have) ifs harder to break than any other addictions because you just never have anything other things you are addicted to ever again.....not that case with food now is it.

Christine
Hi Christine-First let me say that your food choices basically look healthy.

I relate to the binge & no purge perspective and have said that to ppl thinking it was so funny only to have them judge me or look strangely at me. LOL - yeah, I totally relate to your comments-also about eating for reasons other than being hungry & uncontrolled eating of sweets.
Here's what I did, just FYI, everyone is different so use your intuition to see if you want to try any of this.

I began changing one thing at a time. After that becomes a habit I start on another thing I want to change. I can't maintain too much change too fast for a sustained period of time.

One of the first things I addressed was emotional eating. Good books at the library & Amazon, this was last year so I don't remember most of the titles but I think one of them was Feelings are Hard, Eating is Easy ... something like that. Lots of interesting insights, the most important help for me was that high carb foods are most ppl's comfort foods b/c it releases serotonin (the feel-good brain chemical) but exercise also releases it as does turkey & some other non-carby foods and these things don't cause the cravings to increase afterward.

Limiting high carb food (foods high on the glycemic index, too) curbed most of my cravings & got my appetite under control (back then I ALWAYS felt hungry). Later, just recently, from tracking foods here at Fitday I learned that grains, no matter how small the portion triggers increased hunger & cravings plus I gain weight eating them. All starchy foods do too but to a much lesser degree. I gave up all sweeteners that spike glucose levels & found a sugar-free protein drink since I was working out really hard back then.

Once I shifted what I ate, not how much I ate, there were immediate rewards-fewer & fewer cravings, no more binges, and a normal appetite. Then I addressed how much I ate by setting a calories per day target so my diet changed to only eating lean protein & lots of salad, raw veggies & veggie recipes with low or no fat. Then I started South Beach to use as a guide for healthy eating. But it has way too many carbs; gains & starchy foods for me to lose weight with so I've morphed it into what works for me. Still using it as a guideline though.
I stick to the calories recommended by Fitday, it works for me. I'm not deprived or feeling hungry all the time. I use fitday's exercise journal so I'm always sure that I burn more calories than I eat.
That's a shortened version of my journey.

The reason I'm sharing this with you is because after looking at your healthy menu & considering you're still having off-plan eating there's something that isn't working for you or something isn't meeting your needs. My advice is to address why you're eating off plan first, find out what's triggering the cravings & increased appetite. Is a certain type of food triggering it, like grains? Is it just emotional? Using Fitday to track moods & foods will help you do the detective work. Try eliminating types of food for a week to see if it changes your cravings & reduces your appetite. Or go low carb for a week to see if that does it. Once you get that taken care of it sounds like you've got it all under control.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone! Welcome back cc1158. I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday.

Originally Posted by almeeker
I really like the Wii Fit Plus. The best thing about it is that it tracks your weight, you can't lie, you can't cheat, and you can't back up and edit what it says. I think that's one problem I have with the bathroom scale, I forget what it said. But the Wii keeps track of you with brutal honesty. A good friend of mine doesn't like hers because it weighs her 10 pounds heavier than her bathroom scale. Ours is pretty close either way, so I don't have that issue. It was a big investment to us too.

I also like to play Wii games with the kids, it's a really big help on rainy days. I love that they are up taking turns moving around rather than laying around like slugs. The other thing I like about it is that it's fun to do, and a good fall back position for those days when I don't want to work out at all. I don't know that you can get in fantastic shape with it, but it's just the perfect thing on those days when you can't face the gym or the elliptical and Jillian Michaels can just go to the devil. If you know what I mean.

I'm cracking up over the image of you crawling around on your knees trying to stomp them hard so the steps register. It's good to know that it doesn't catch all that, since I'm getting revved up to plant mine soon. FYI it doesn't pick up, um marital relations either, rough or otherwise, but I won't go into details on how I know that... When I first started wearing mine I would take tiny steps all over the house stomping harder than I usually do just trying to get my numbers up. Way too funny. Now I just hop on the elliptical and go for an hour, that usually gets me off to a good start on the number for the day. I realized very early on that the difference between my lifestyle and a 10,000 step lifestyle was a 20-30 minute run. The crazy part is that apparently I needed a $20 pedometer to figure that out? Man I'm not too bright.

Glad to hear the weather is improving. It's still too cold at night for planting most veggies here yet. I have to get on dad about that garden.
LOL - now you're giving me idea of how to increase the pedometer's numbers-I hadn't thought of that before. LOL
Fitday keeps me honest so I won't buy the Wii for that, but having some fun workouts does sound nice. I checked online and saw that they have a lot of exercise programs plus games & sports. Since you said you probably can't get in fantastic shape with it I'm assuming that these are more of a fun type workout rather than a boot-camp type of workout. Is that right?

After putting it off for as long as possible being the procrastenator that I am, the raised bed should be done this evening. hooray! Fitday shows tons of calories burned for masonry work so double hooray!

Hope your night temps warm up soon & your dad gets all excited & motivated about starting the garden without any prompting.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

I like the Wii Fit plus a lot. I first bought the Wii fit when it was first out, and upgraded the game package to the Plus just recently. I don't use it a lot, but I do use it. And so does the rest of the family, which is really good!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.