Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 04-14-2010, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone! I hope you've had a wonderful Weds & are enjoying Spring weather.

Hi nondalea - welcome to our forum. I hope the new location gives you more incentive to be the new woman you want to be. I hear you on the 100 Xs thing. This time it's a lifestyle change and I'm taking everything slow and easy on the exercise front - making all the changes gradual with the intention of it being my new life.

hiddenhope-thank you so much. I needed to hear that as I've been kinda down in the dumps today about how slowly I'm losing. I heard a doc on a talk show say that some ppl are weight loss resistant & after years of dieting & gaining it back I'm probably ...no, I'm definitely in that group, so I've got to keep on top of the mental aspect all the time to have the attitude & thoughts that you shared. It's too easy to give up otherwise. Everything you said is all totally true. Hey our long goals are about the same. Mine is 125 (I wore a size 10 then) and I have fitday set for the end of 2010, too. I might have to change it to 2011, but it'll be so great to be that size again no matter when it happens.

Almeeker - great idea about taking a pic of the TV. Girl you are the incredible shrinking woman! I bet you & your mom are gearing up for the garden. Yesterday I got some tomatoes & herbs in. Can't wait to get the rest of the babies in the ground. Good eats come summer for sure. Too bad about the arms. Hopefully the skin will tighten up in a while since you're still pretty young. Mine is loose belly skin that is now starting to fold over in the 'apron'--OMG it's so ugly I hope it shrinks away, tightens or something.

speedy fair-You Rock!! and you are a rock. In this short time I've gotten to know you, I've seen you go through rough times & you never give in or gave up. You're such an inspiration to all of us. I appreciate you sharing & I'm celebrating your success right along with you!!

montanacricket-Good work on your walking program! Off to a great start except for the foot...I hope it heals quickly. I have a lot of joint & muscle problems & have found that using ice for around 15 minutes immediately after exercise helps. I also wear medical magnets on the areas giving me the most problems & it helps to reduce the inflammation & pain a lot.

amylee32-eating out is hard for me, too. It sounds like you had a good plan though and have learned new things from the experience. I agree that it's a mental as well as a physical journey. I'm having to learn how to focus my thoughts on what I really want & not to think about food the way I used to...and no more fixating on certain foods like pizza, pastry, etc.

Good night-hope everyone has a successful and happy day tomorrow

Last edited by desertmountain; 04-14-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:09 PM
FitDay Member

Evening everyone
its been a off week for me...not sure whats up...had some cravings and feeling sluggish...today was a better day though, scale is up a couple of pounds but still hanging on to the program.
HIddenhope..happy hump day to you as well!! welcome!
Nondalea...100th time...same here! Im hoping this 100th time is the last!! we can do it!!
Montanacricket..dont be discouraged by the scale..you are more then a number!!!
Speedyfair yeahhhhhhhhhhh on 50 pounds gone..I cant wait to say that too!! so proud of you!
Amylee when I go out now I look the menus online first and decide before I go what to have...it helps!!
Almeeker I bought 5 pound arm weights for myself at home ...Ive been working on them for two weeks now!! we dont want arms that wave back at us!!!
cc158 it is a lifestyle change your right....the more we get that the better off we will all be!!

Ok will be back this weekend sometime...have a great week everyone!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:33 PM
FitDay Member

Hey all, missed you guys! Been tending to sick kids and work. Great job this week ladies! I have my weekly weigh in tomorrow, wish me luck! 270's HERE I COME!
Old 04-15-2010, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you all for the encouragement. Based on advice from a friend who is a trainer, I'm taking 24 hours off exercise (at least) and am putting my orthotics in my walking shoes.

I hope to be back on the treadmill tomorrow morning at 4:45, but if I can't, I can't. I'll try the bowflex for some strength training instead!

Which of course means that I'll really have to watch my calories today!

Question on that. Fitday says I should be eating around 2200. I've been just under 2000 every day this week. Is that okay? I feel totally satisfied (except yesterday, I was starving all day and trying to eat protein--I think my metabolism must be starting to wake up!!). I finally caught up to my hunger after lunch and then was fine into the evening. I woke up not particularly hungry, but had my yogurt/blueberry/milkshake this morning anyway with the kids.

Keep up the lifestyle changes everyone! It may not take the weight off as quickly as we'd all like, but we're all going to be a lot healthier for it anyway!

ETA: One last question: How often is recommended that you weigh in?
Old 04-15-2010, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

What is up with Aunt Flo? Is she visiting everyone this week or what?

Skinnyerin, shooting LUCK your way. Don't you love to break through a decade mark? I'm sitting at one too, but can't slip under it. Oh well, maybe next week.

pattialbert, you know what's funny? I've been really sluggish and fighting cravings this week myself, and I've been up a little the last 2 days in a row. Maybe there is a cosmic misalignment or something?

desertmountain, I don't feel like the shrinking woman today, I'm all bloated and mean, but this happens when Aunt Flo visits. Yes, I'm getting really geared up for gardening. I can't wait, although I have to confess my seedlings are not doing very well this year. I had issues with my heating mats and such. What I really need to do is bite the bullet and buy 6 more instead of cheaping out and and trying to move them around and using an electric blanket (which got too hot). Maybe I'll get better at this for next year, but this go 'round has been a bit of a disaster. I have some things that will probably be alright, but others that I'm going to have to buy. Yes the arms are gross, but I'm trying to stay optimistic and keep working on them. Then at least even if they look bad, no one would dare poke fun at me cause I'll be super strong and beat them up. I'm thinking they need some tanning, the two-tone color scheme isn't helping... Don't even get me started about the apron, I call mine the "Dewlap", because it "do-lap-over". It's nasty and covered in horrendous stretch marks, it's mostly from having babies, so I don't know that it will ever go away.

hiddenhope, when I started this diet I weighed more than twice what I should. It's much easier to say "I've lost 63 pounds and have 61 to go, then it was to admit I was morbidly obese and needed to lose 124 pounds". I'm basically following a self designed program using fitday, a pedometer, an elliptical machine and some basic good sense. I started with a program called the "5, 10, 15, 20 Challenge", where you eat a minimum of 5 servings of fruits/veggies per day, 10,000 steps/day on a pedometer, 15 minutes of strengthening exercises daily (and less than 1,500 calories if you're overweight) and the 20 is 2,000 of your 10,000 steps have to be aerobic (60+ steps/min). I try to keep my calories between 1,350 and 1,600, my workout at 60 minutes/day (or more), and I try to keep my calorie pie chart at 45-35-20 (carbs, proteins, fats). I also drink 64 ounces of water (or more) everyday. It's tricky and I don't make all of it happen everyday, but I get close 99% of the time. So far it's working really well, but everybody is different. I also set goofy goals and reward myself with things I really want, and I don't let myself cave in early. My next reward is at the 70 pound mark, I'm going to get 5-6 new bras (maybe even a sexy one). I'm down by at least half a cup, maybe more, but the real problem with my current bras is the circumference. I need something at least 2" smaller, at 70 pounds maybe even 4". It's one thing to turn your head and look over your shoulder, it's another thing altogether when your boobs do it. Yikes!

Welcome to this thread nondalea! 5 kids! Wow! You have my deepest respect. We only have 3 and they run me ragged. 160 pounds might seem like a lot, but break it down and take it in small pieces, maybe 5 or 10 pounds at a time. And don't forget to set goals and give yourself rewards!!!

montanacricket, I hear you on the pms thing. Argh! My body wants so badly to have a period, but on a low carb diet, with infrequent red meat, it seems to take a lot out of me. When I weighed 244 pounds, it just happened like clockwork on a well oiled machine. You know what? I actually started dieting because I got up to almost what I weighed when I was full term with my babies, only I wasn't pregnant and hadn't been in 3.5 years! So you aren't alone. When I first started working out daily, I lived in constant pain that traveled, first it was my back, then my hips, then knees, ankles, feet etc, but eventually it went away. Most of the time now my workout doesn't hurt the next day, but last week I went to a different gym, used a sort of wacky elliptical and suffered for 2 days after. I hope your foot gets better. Maybe this is God's way of telling you to skip walking and do crunches? I dunno.

amylee32, good grief do we have the same mother-in-law? Actually my MIL has been pretty supportive about my diet, she needs to lose weight too so she's been grilling me on the details. On the other hand; my own mother said "you look great, so what are you doing about all those new wrinkles?" Which is a bit much coming from the woman that overfed me for years on end.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker, thanks for that encouragement. I have an ab machine at home, and the bowflex (and the wii fit) so if I can't walk friday, I'll be getting up at 4:45 anyway and using something that doesn't bother my foot. Today was a good day to take off (aunt flo showed yesterday) anyway and recharge a bit. Plus I can focus super on calories today!

I feel lucky that my foot is the worst pain/ache so far. I am stiff and sore every day so far, but not in actual pain, so I'm doing okay. The foot thing will heal up and I'll keep on keeping on!

Congrats on what you've lost to-date!!! You must feel fabulous!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default 100 Calorie packs

I like the idea of 100 calorie pack snacks. But tell me how do you have enough self control to only eat one pack. I made the mistake of bringing the whole box to work. Thinking I could just eat one pack at lunch. Well it's 3:07pm - and all 5 bags are gone! Guess I'm walking super extra tonight!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by disujo
I like the idea of 100 calorie pack snacks. But tell me how do you have enough self control to only eat one pack. I made the mistake of bringing the whole box to work. Thinking I could just eat one pack at lunch. Well it's 3:07pm - and all 5 bags are gone! Guess I'm walking super extra tonight!
You sound like me LOL. There are certain snacks that I can't even bring into the house lest the snack gremlin get the best of me. Don't feel bad b/c you've learned what to do & not do next time. This is a journey with many lessons to teach us along the way. The 100 calorie microwave popcorn is the hardest for me since I always would love to eat another bag so I always wait to have it later in the day & eat the less desirable snacks earlier in the day (cheese & veggies,etc) otherwise I'd eat way too much carby popcorn & stall out. Since the 100 cal popcorn is already logged into Fitday in the morning when I plan the day's menu, I really, really hate to blow the hard work of my day since another bag would be too much so it's easier to avoid eating more at night rather than earlier in the day. Maybe logging into Fitday at work will help keep you on track along with only bringing 1 bag to work.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

desertmountain, I don't feel like the shrinking woman today, I'm all bloated and mean, but this happens when Aunt Flo visits. Yes, I'm getting really geared up for gardening. I can't wait, although I have to confess my seedlings are not doing very well this year. I had issues with my heating mats and such. What I really need to do is bite the bullet and buy 6 more instead of cheaping out and and trying to move them around and using an electric blanket (which got too hot). Maybe I'll get better at this for next year, but this go 'round has been a bit of a disaster. I have some things that will probably be alright, but others that I'm going to have to buy. Yes the arms are gross, but I'm trying to stay optimistic and keep working on them. Then at least even if they look bad, no one would dare poke fun at me cause I'll be super strong and beat them up. I'm thinking they need some tanning, the two-tone color scheme isn't helping... Don't even get me started about the apron, I call mine the "Dewlap", because it "do-lap-over". It's nasty and covered in horrendous stretch marks, it's mostly from having babies, so I don't know that it will ever go away.
Sorry the seedlings didn't all go so well this year. Those mats & thermostats are really expensive I don't blame you for trying something else. The blanket is a very clever idea, I've never heard of using one before. You must be much neater than I am. The bedroom 'greenhouse' has tile floors & they're totally wrecked now. It's going to be a huge job cleaning out the white grout next month, uh, at least the grout used to be white. I had quite a few mishaps watering & moving trays. Before I bought the extra lights mine were always too leggy and would take a long time to adjust once planted. It's so frustrating after you've invested so much time and energy tending to them. Sorry they didn't all grow right.

I can relate to the 2-tone arm thing LOL --I say wear that farmer's tan proudly . I usually don't go sleeveless, but before we went on vacation I bought some self-tanning stuff for the white parts of my arms & legs. The self-tanners have come a long way, at least the more pricey stuff has. It bronzes you to a nice color (NOT orange like before) & it evened everything out perfectly. A friend recommended a brand to me, I don't remember the name, but it was pretty expensive, around $20 for a small bottle, which was all that I needed. When I see the apron in the mirror I keep telling myself, 'at least it isn't full of fat anymore.' It's like a deflated tire now.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

So far so good today. I like walking on work and have a co worker who recently joined me so he is actually not letting me walk too slow or take any shortcuts my legs hurt lol he walks alot faster and I have to keep up. I did good on eating today, night time when I get home is when I get so nervous because although I did put healthy food in the house I could nibble almost did last night. Started in on crackers, then some nuts, then ate my dinner, and then was hungry so i was going to pick and said nope microwaves a sweet potato and had that instead. I came in about 1600 calories yesterday which is more than I had wanted, but have been under 1400 all week so one day isnt too bad. I am going to have my first offical weigh in sunday. I do weigh in every single morning just for a baseline for the day. I dont let it get to me either way. Sunday is the day I count in stone. I have tomorrow off to do housework and bills and get things ready for when my daughter comes home from college for the summer. I also wanted to avoid a big baby shower munchie day at work which would have been too easy to dip into since I am extremely stressed at work with a new boss which is temporary and I dont know I hate change lol obviously or I would of embrace this weightloss thing decades ago. I am not going to take too much time online tonite to write as I want to get my dinner going and get working on the house a bit tonite so I can maybe go check out a gym tomorrow and use it as a guest mid afternoon at the time I would normally be on my way home from work see how busy it is on a friday at 4pm. I will log on again tomorrow, wishing everyone a good night and may all your weightloss goals come true.... hope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.